Pages:
Author

Topic: Come in and Trade Ammo or Talk about Guns! - page 24. (Read 56217 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
Thought a reloading setup costed 2-3k, so I never cared about it. $100 sounds nice for getting started! Just watched a couple vids on youtube to help get me started. Thanks guys! Will buy some of this stuff in the coming weeks.

So if I were to buy this: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/423081/lee-challenger-breech-lock-single-stage-press-anniversary-kit
I would also need to buy a die set, and shell holder, correct? (Obviously, would still need to buy manual, bullets, powder, and primers)
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Reloading is the way to go, consistant shooting.  Wink

I just finished looking at all the Lee stuff. I watched some videos on youtube as well. I don't want to have to go back and buy another press kit once i get familiar with the Lee. Is there something fancier I can buy that will do everything I need it to? Maybe something that wont take as long as the Lee from start to finish? I'm at home all day and I could probably crank out quite a bit of ammo when I'm not working on other projects. This is a no brainer for me, just want to make sure I get the right equipment.

Start with the Lee kit.  Its only ~100 usd.  If you get tired of a single stage and changing dies and want to drop a 3-500 on a multi stage later on, you'll still use the single stage.  It won't go to waste.  Having a single stage and a multi stage on your reloading bench just opens up your options. 
donator
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
you got hacked bitch!
Any firearms available?

Random, PM me if you still have that one pistol I wanted.

Thanks bro.
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I actually use a Lee hand loader lol. I buy all my range rounds though, hand load all my accuracy loads
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

I just finished looking at all the Lee stuff. I watched some videos on youtube as well. I don't want to have to go back and buy another press kit once i get familiar with the Lee. Is there something fancier I can buy that will do everything I need it to? Maybe something that wont take as long as the Lee from start to finish? I'm at home all day and I could probably crank out quite a bit of ammo when I'm not working on other projects. This is a no brainer for me, just want to make sure I get the right equipment.
That Kimber is pretty, but for the cash you should have bought a Les Baer, just my opinion.

Stay away from Kel-Tec's, they are the biggest POS I've ever been unfortunate enough to shoot. Very under-engineered and low performing. Sure they're light, but it'll cost you accuracy and reliability.
If you're looking for a good .22 pistol, I agree with lolwut, the Ruger Mark III is the best overall. What do you need a light .22 pistol for? CCW? Seriously, get a .40 or .45. 9mm and .380 are poor choices, they conceal nicely but 9mm will passes through soft targets at CCQ range and .380 doesn't have enough stopping power. The Target 87 is a very nice pistol, but it's made for a larger hand. If your kid or SO want to shoot it, it won't be as comfortable for them.

On a side note, since I'm here. I'm still accepting offers on my FnH PS-90 and I'm thinking about selling my Precious.

Precious
http://www.imgur.com/axQea.jpg
http://www.imgur.com/e5sJS.jpg
http://www.imgur.com/hMVzo.jpg
http://www.imgur.com/S7ZDL.jpg

Stats:
Remington Model 700 Tactical .308
Custom 'Glass' trigger, 0.5-2 lbs. pull
Meopta MEOSTAR R1 4-16x44 Mill Dot Scope
Harris HBRS Bipod, adjustable 6-9 inch & swivels

A ton of work has been done on this rifle and it currently shoots 0.5" groups @ 200 yrds. The barrel has been re-floated and the action has been trued. Always cleaned and kept in proper conditions.
PM only for your offers please, don't think this is a sale thread

No this gun will not blow up in your face Roll Eyes
legendary
If your on a budget get a  Lee Challenger anniversary kit.  Its pretty hard to screw it up.. Bout the worst thing you can do is put in an overcharge or a double charge.  Other then that, its pretty straight forward..

what if im not on a budget but dont want to spend a ton of money and need something thats beginner friendly. what do you suggest?

The Lee kit..  It works fine, its just slow, but great for learning.
I have brass... lol

So much brass, so little time Wink
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
If your on a budget get a  Lee Challenger anniversary kit.  Its pretty hard to screw it up.. Bout the worst thing you can do is put in an overcharge or a double charge.  Other then that, its pretty straight forward..

what if im not on a budget but dont want to spend a ton of money and need something thats beginner friendly. what do you suggest?

I have brass... lol
legendary

legendary

legendary
anyone have ammo cans for sale? Also still looking to buy

9mm
.30-06

Roll your own!

srly

I'd buy the whole setup if I had someone to show me how to do it. Dont need to fucking blow myself up.

If your on a budget get a  Lee Challenger anniversary kit.  Its pretty hard to screw it up.. Bout the worst thing you can do is put in an overcharge or a double charge.  Other then that, its pretty straight forward..

legendary

9mm
.30-06

Roll your own!

srly

I'd buy the whole setup if I had someone to show me how to do it. Dont need to fucking blow myself up.

9mm
.30-06

Roll your own!

srly
legendary

9mm
.30-06

Roll your own!

legendary

9mm
.30-06
legendary

phh it only holds 10 rounds..  The PMR30 holds 30 rounds!!
I'd like to buy a vest! lol

What Size are you?

I have one Smiley
XL, as far as a vest goes, IDK
legendary
Activity: 1022
BitMinter
Yup was mine. Sold her together with my Billennium Cry I was young and I needed the money. The 87 was a great gun to shoot. Had much fun.

legendary

is that yours? I was looking for a nice .22 target pistol and I ended up buying a mark 3
Pages:
Jump to: