Pages:
Author

Topic: Constant accusations of scam, eMunie public IPO cancelled. - page 5. (Read 10566 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Some trolls are trolling and you shut down the IPO?
The other 99% (no trolls) are sad now.
Activity: 779
Merit: 502
As the person who takes care of Worldcoin's marketing I go through this same thing every single second of every single day. Every crypto goes through it and you have to hold you head up high and try to work around it or at least defend from it, never attack. This is a terrible move, sorry.

Granted, but there is a difference between the 2, WorldCoin has been around for a decent period of time, is cemented as a respectable currency.  

This move isn't an attack, it is a defense, which will allow me to concentrate 100% on what needs to be done RIGHT NOW as opposed to spending time tackling issues head on that are of no relevance to the project right now.

My thinking is that if I remove the call for investment, which is fueling these attacks, that is the best form of defense available to me right now.  At a later stage, and in a step to discard any doubts of scam, vapourware, or anything else of the sort, we can hold an open beta for a few week, THEN revisit the idea of a public IPO to achieve the distrubution and other goals that we had in mind here.

That way at least, everyone that is interested has the chance to test drive the system and make up their own mind.   At the moment it is a controlled beta, as that satisfies the development requirements currently, and that also is fueling this current round of FUD.

That sounds sensible.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
As the person who takes care of Worldcoin's marketing I go through this same thing every single second of every single day. Every crypto goes through it and you have to hold you head up high and try to work around it or at least defend from it, never attack. This is a terrible move, sorry.

Granted, but there is a difference between the 2, WorldCoin has been around for a decent period of time, is cemented as a respectable currency.  

This move isn't an attack, it is a defense, which will allow me to concentrate 100% on what needs to be done RIGHT NOW as opposed to spending time tackling issues head on that are of no relevance to the project right now.

My thinking is that if I remove the call for investment, which is fueling these attacks, that is the best form of defense available to me right now.  At a later stage, and in a step to discard any doubts of scam, vapourware, or anything else of the sort, we can hold an open beta for a few week, THEN revisit the idea of a public IPO to achieve the distrubution and other goals that we had in mind here.

That way at least, everyone that is interested has the chance to test drive the system and make up their own mind.   At the moment it is a controlled beta, as that satisfies the development requirements currently, and that also is fueling this current round of FUD.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Help and Love one another ♥
The main problem I see with eMunie right now is it's information disorganization.
You are completely overloaded with over/disinformation.
It also seems the core team view has changed pretty often too.

I read presell,
I read no fixed amount of coin,
I read coin will be generated once and for all with one IPO (the term presell becoming absurd)
I read more coin will be created later on to stabilize the price.
I read 600k$ have been invested by early betatester..
I read no sell nor prepresell have been done.
I read some have indeed already invested money
I read pretty much everything and it's contrary.

One important thing that you need now is: quality centralized information,
accessible to newcomer to get a real glimpse of what your project is and will be.

About your last move of cancelling the IPO, I don't judge.
I may even support it. IPO doesn't seem a reliable way to got in this cipherworld.

But about restricting investment to "individuals you do know and trust 100%", that is indeed a very unprofessional move.
Basically you announce that the original splitting will be amongst an elite of your choice.
Where you should seek the most fair and best wealth repartition (avoiding NXT-like at all cost).

All this probably takes you a lot of time.
'hope you will have read this message amongst other.
Really: don't rush your project. It's not a matter if it comes live only in 2-3 month.
Time need to be taken to improve information toward newcomer, and improving the original distribution ideas.

Many possibilities.
My personal wish: take time to consider proof of burn (lots of advantage).
Sole problem with it: original investment is from your pocket, making your reward too weak considering your work.
(That's XCP counterparty protocol style)
But this problem can be solved with additional idea build on top of your project.
Allowing you, the main dev, the other dev, and even the original betatester if you wish to have an additional reward on top of the main one.

Best of luck to your project.
Not ready to be lunch yet, please don't over-rush.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Activity: 420
Emunie is a great protocol. We think this community has seen too many scams recently. We have tried using the emunie beta and it works very well, we have personally invested and it is no scam. That being said the prices are going to rocket due to the rarity increasing. People need to start doing research and stop being so paranoid. However, not creating a public offering will damage the reputation and the marketing of the protocol.

Kind Regards,

The Nexus Protocol Team.

Have you seen it?

Yes we have used the beta.

Kind Regards,

The Nexus Protocol Team.

May I see it, snapshots at least?!

Thanks
Activity: 61
I've been dignified here for months on end after constant attacks with much more insulting responses aimed at myself....plus these current events are personal attacks, not aimed at eMunie or its workings, so I think I'm perfectly just in loosening up my "professional etiquette" somewhat and calling a spade a spade.

Way to miss the point. Stop saying retarded
I too admit to using retarded as an insult at times so I am in no ways better but I try to.

Also, eye for an eye is not the best approach to conflicts.
I see your points, but a lot of my time lately is just taken up dealing with endless FUD directed at me personally.

We all know the damage that FUD can create, especially if it goes un-managed and/or ignored, but by doing that, the flip side is that the development of the project and the time already ploughed into it suffers instead.

If eMunie was launched already and had a solid user base, then it wouldn't be an issue and could more readily be ignored.  That time has not come to pass yet, so to ensure the continued progress of the project, this seemed to me to be the best move at this moment in time.

Regardless of the FUD, I would like to see some form of pre-sale.

Also, I would like to point out that you would simply need to post a comprehensive article for all to reference in terms of the accusations.

There are certain limits to how much you can address the accusations, but consider that a nail in the coffin. I know it can be frustrating, but I urge you to display greater patience in dealing with these people.

This is a somewhat abrupt and unprofessional step.

As I said, consider some form of comprehensive article to debunk the accusations. Also devise the means to let people know you can't simply take off with the money. That way, when some other fool wanders in and starts bitching, others can simply point and link the article in question.

I look forward to the public pre-sale.
Activity: 77
No, its not "understandable". It makes so sense.

So because you're "fighting" with some people calling you a scammer you're going to deny the general public of a chance to invest in your product? How old are you?

This is the real world. Regardless of what you want to release, you can be releasing the first complete quantum computer or some commercial jetpack, infact, you could even have beta ready, as long as people don't have evidence (Demo's, videos - which you quite frankly haven't provided) or proof of the working (Whitepapers, etc - Which I haven't seen either) whatever you're realeasing will be a "SCAM".

Deal with it, Ignore them or get someone else to deal with it. Release the product. If you truly believe what you're doing is great, anyone calling you a scammer should be nothing but fuel.

This is the community you're dealing with / HAVE to deal with. It's filled with scammer, users, and people trying to make a quick buck. What were you expecting?

Your online history isn't exactly crystal clean, you didn't expect people to have doubts?

If this actually happens, I will lose all interest in emunie - and I know I wouldn't be the only one.

Why? because it would technically then ACTUALLY be a scam. You would basically be turning it into the Fuserleer club of emunie holders. Thats not a decentralized currency. Emunies will be owned by only the people you allow. How does this make any sense?

There's already a big debate about how its not decentralized and how you can generate emunies at will (Yes I've been following, I know its the system that generates emunie based on supply/demand) but there's still at least that initial creation of x amount of emunies. And now you're making it a private club?

Even mathematically, it makes no sense. You seem to have ALOT more supporters than people calling you a scammer. You want to deny your 1000 supporters, because 50 people called you a scammer (numbers are fabricated). Obviously negativity always takes precedence. I SERIOUSLY do not know what you were expecting.

I don't want to continue ranting, I was actually going to invest in emunie(85% chance I'd say, I even wanted to be a beta tester/contribute you can check your thread) everything looked good, wasn't built overnight - but seeing this terrible decision making and childish reasoning. I'm back on the fence.

I'm very disappointed and for your sake I'm hoping this is a brilliant publicity stunt.

legendary
Lol. This must be the most unprofessional move ever.

I can't belive what i just read.

Care to explain why you think that?

Um, because you use the word 'retards' to describe others? It doesn't matter what people say about you, a good company should aim higher and keep dignity in response to others, at least if you are seeing major financial investment.

I've been dignified here for months on end after constant attacks with much more insulting responses aimed at myself....plus these current events are personal attacks, not aimed at eMunie or its workings, so I think I'm perfectly just in loosening up my "professional etiquette" somewhat and calling a spade a spade.
Emunie is a great protocol. We think this community has seen too many scams recently. We have tried using the emunie beta and it works very well, we have personally invested and it is no scam. That being said the prices are going to rocket due to the rarity increasing. People need to start doing research and stop being so paranoid. However, not creating a public offering will damage the reputation and the marketing of the protocol.

Kind Regards,

The Nexus Protocol Team.

Have you seen it?

Yes we have used the beta.

Kind Regards,

The Nexus Protocol Team.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Lol. This must be the most unprofessional move ever.

I can't belive what i just read.

Care to explain why you think that?

Um, because you use the word 'retards' to describe others? It doesn't matter what people say about you, a good company should aim higher and keep dignity in response to others, at least if you are seeing major financial investment.
legendary
I see your points, but a lot of my time lately is just taken up dealing with endless FUD directed at me personally.

We all know the damage that FUD can create, especially if it goes un-managed and/or ignored, but by doing that, the flip side is that the development of the project and the time already ploughed into it suffers instead.

If eMunie was launched already and had a solid user base, then it wouldn't be an issue and could more readily be ignored. That time has not come to pass yet, so to ensure the continued progress of the project, this seemed to me to be the best move at this moment in time.

But how do you expect to get a solid user base  (aka. good distribution) when you cancel the public IPO?

The less people buying in the presale, the more scam accusations will there be.

And opposite. For every extra person buying eMunie in the presale you got 1 more indivdual supporting the project.

One way is to perform a public IPO immediately on launch with a limited amount of currency, with the same terms as what was specified already.

That way the general public that aren't a bunch of trolls can participate, and the project can no longer be called a scam, as its out there.

I'm open to thoughts and suggestions, but bear in mind that my primary concern right now is system development, not investment.  It's always been that way, but with a preference of the initial user base is ready to go on the day.

As we've seen that's caused some issues, so my current thinking is something along the lines of the above.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
The eMU community supporting you and who cares about a few FUDers with twentysome activity. Probably they invested into something else and they are afraid of their investment.

Kind Regards,

The Nexus Protocol Team.

Have you seen it?
Activity: 266
Help and Love one another ♥
Hi Fuserleer
I have not yet subscribe on your forum to have serious discussion.

I guess everything I wish to say can be sum by this: don't rush it.
I will now write more.

If eMunie was launched already and had a solid user base, then it wouldn't be an issue and could more readily be ignored.  That time has not come to pass yet, so to ensure the continued progress of the project, this seemed to me to be the best move at this moment in time.

The purpose it seems of the public offering was for a fair release, you have expressed this a number of times via emunie forum posts. This direction will not help distribution and will only serve for others to view it as more of a scam due to no public offering.

King Regards,

The Nexus Protocol Team.
Activity: 779
Merit: 502

If eMunie was launched already and had a solid user base, then it wouldn't be an issue and could more readily be ignored. That time has not come to pass yet, so to ensure the continued progress of the project, this seemed to me to be the best move at this moment in time.

But how do you expect to get a solid user base  (aka. good distribution) when you cancel the public IPO?

The less people buying in the presale, the more scam accusations will there be.

And opposite. For every extra person buying eMunie in the presale you got 1 more indivdual supporting the project.
legendary

If eMunie was launched already and had a solid user base, then it wouldn't be an issue and could more readily be ignored.  That time has not come to pass yet, so to ensure the continued progress of the project, this seemed to me to be the best move at this moment in time.

Activity: 462
I agree to the two posts above.

Your step is understandable on personal level, but this is seriously harming the launch and acceptance process

You made your point, now use the ignore button for cry kids and go on with IPO and work on eMunie
Pages:
Jump to: