Pages:
Author

Topic: Cops immediately shot a 12 year old holding a toy gun without warning. - page 6. (Read 6159 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Ohio is actually an open carry state so this case will be interesting. Did the cop know Ohio was open carry or was he just massively incompetent? In an open carry state I'd imagine they first try and give the suspect a chance to surrender or put down their weapon. This 12 year old kid didn't stand a chance. He was just shot in the head right then and there.

Warning: video is pretty brutal to watch

The "toy gun" wasn't the pink plastic water pistol you imply.  It shot BBs and was modified to look real.

"Open carry" doesn't mean you can point a realistic gun at people, especially cops, and expect anything less than a promptly delivered Darwin Award.

The parents are at fault for doing a terrible job of supervising their son.  Now the poor cop has to live with the awful consequences of their failure to raise a properly monitored and disciplined child.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
I would love to be able to carry a gun (UK here), i would feel a lot safer, but yeah can imagine every now and again someone would go nuts and kills 20 people in a school or something.  That is a different issue though.

Not really, since the only schools (and anywhere else) that suffer mass murders (more than 3 victims) are "gun free zones" (which tell all criminals that they are 100% safe to commit any atrocity within). Giffords held her event right across the street from a school so it was in the federal gun free school zone, so nobody could have legally been able to "Constitutional Carry" there. Totally predictably, mass murder followed.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
I would love to be able to carry a gun (UK here), i would feel a lot safer, but yeah can imagine every now and again someone would go nuts and kills 20 people in a school or something.  That is a different issue though.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
The answer isn't one that can be implemented easily. But once it has been implemented, it will work far better than what we have now.

The idea of the Second Amendment wasn't one to give people the right to arm themselves. It was to uphold the right that every person has to arm himself.

If everyone were armed, people would come to respect each other. This respect would lead to friendship and camaraderie among them. The whole nation would become a group that was like a peaceful military, not controlled by the government, but active among the populace. Common sense, common law.

Crime would disappear, because the people wouldn't stand for it. No police department would be effective for anything other than criminal investigation. Cops wouldn't need guns, themselves. Why? They would be protected by the people to do their jobs of investigation - finding hidden criminals.

Cops are trained people. Train the rest of the people, and we won't need cops.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
It's all about war. If you do searches for it, governments want limited war, war that they can contain and control if need be. It means more money for the war mongers.

They are bringing the war thing home to the States through the police agencies. It is becoming, if you see a cop, fall back until reinforcements arrive. The cops are acting the same way about everyone else, except that in the case of cops, it is shoot first and ask questions later if you ask them at all.

Smiley
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
They should make the law if you shoot someone you lose your job without pay or pension.  Thus, the officer does not go to jail, however we never have to feed them.  Money makes people think twice.

No, they should just enforce the law as it is, last time I checked murder was illegal and he clearly murdered that boy and therefore should be tried for murder. He's job title shouldn't come into it.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Unlimited power, zero responsibility WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?!?!?!

legendary
Activity: 1316
Ohio is actually an open carry state so this case will be interesting. Did the cop know Ohio was open carry or was he just massively incompetent? In an open carry state I'd imagine they first try and give the suspect a chance to surrender or put down their weapon. This 12 year old kid didn't stand a chance. He was just shot in the head right then and there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z8qNUWekWE

That was pretty shocking, they gave no chance, there was no other people around in danger, the "suspect" was not moving fast.

If you are in to legalized mass murder just become a policeman in USA it seems.
Activity: 717
Merit: 501
They should make the law if you shoot someone you lose your job without pay or pension.  Thus, the officer does not go to jail, however we never have to feed them.  Money makes people think twice.
Activity: 603
Merit: 108

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z8qNUWekWE
Pages:
Jump to: