Author

Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak - page 121. (Read 29689 times)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
March 16, 2020, 04:55:27 PM
I have a high level of confidence that this is a bioweapon

At 3-4% fatality rate?  Must be US made.  Smiley
Look closer.

Closer to what mate? According to the recent stats at 181k confirmed cases and 7k deaths, it's less than 4%. However, according to scientists, the number of infected people is waay higher than official numbers. What's your point exactly?
The virus is asymptomatic for 2 weeks and the number of infected has a doubling time of 6 days. This gives us, roughly, death/(currentinfected/4). Or in other words multiply the 4% by 4 for the correct number.

The second main method to calculate it is death/(death+cured). Pick whichever one you prefer.

'The virus is asymptomatic for 2 weeks' Where did you get this info from?
Common knowledge for weeks. At least. Check google and youtube.

No, it's not common knowledge, just give us your source or shut the fuck up. You are making shit up.
Alright look. I have very little investment in this thread and none in you. I do not have time to hunt for a direct link that you may or may not choose to poo-poo on. I told you where you can go to find the info you want. If you don't care enough to spend 30 seconds to do a search then that's on you.

Idk, 'Conclusion:
This work provides additional evidence for a median incubation period for COVID-19 of approximately 5 days, similar to SARS.'  (https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2762808/incubation-period-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-from-publicly-reported)

Also, a doubling time of 6 days? Where did you see that? According to this https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/ the doubling time seems to be faster?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
March 16, 2020, 04:49:50 PM

Look closer.

Closer to what mate? According to the recent stats at 181k confirmed cases and 7k deaths, it's less than 4%. However, according to scientists, the number of infected people is waay higher than official numbers. What's your point exactly?
The virus is asymptomatic for 2 weeks and the number of infected has a doubling time of 6 days. This gives us, roughly, death/(currentinfected/4). Or in other words multiply the 4% by 4 for the correct number.

The second main method to calculate it is death/(death+cured). Pick whichever one you prefer.

No, it's not common knowledge, just give us your source or shut the fuck up. You are making shit up.
Alright look. I have very little investment in this thread and none in you. I do not have time to hunt for a direct link that you may or may not choose to poo-poo on. I told you where you can go to find the info you want. If you don't care enough to spend 30 seconds to do a search then that's on you.
March 16, 2020, 04:47:16 PM

Look closer.

legendary
March 16, 2020, 04:39:31 PM

Look closer.

March 16, 2020, 04:36:32 PM

At 3-4% fatality rate?  Must be US made.  Smiley
Look closer.

legendary
March 16, 2020, 04:23:40 PM

But you need accurate statistics for what is going on in the first place.

Cool
And therefore...
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
March 16, 2020, 04:17:17 PM

But you need accurate statistics for what is going on in the first place.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
March 16, 2020, 04:07:14 PM
Italian daily update:

Coronavirus: 23.073 positive cases
16 March 2020

Update at 18.00

At Civil Protection Department Headquarters, the Operational Committee keeps working to ensure the coordination of all operations  by the components and operational structures of the National Civil Protection Service. As per health monitoring activities related to the spread of Coronavirus across national territory, at present 23.073 people have tested positive. To date, the total number of assessed cases in Italy is 3,858.

In detail: there are currently 10.861 positive cases in Lombardy, 3.088 in Emilia-Romagna, 2.274 in Veneto, 1.185 in the Marche, 1.405 in Piedmont, 841 in Tuscany, 575 in Liguria, 472 in Lazio, 363 in Campania, 346 in Friuli Venezia Giulia, 367 in the autonomous Province of Trento*, 325 in the autonomous Province of Bolzano, 212 in Puglia*, 203 in Sicily, 159 in Umbria, 165 in Abruzzo, 87 in Calabria, 105 in Sardinia, 103 in the Aosta Valley, 15 in Molise and 12 in Basilicata.

2.749 patients have recovered. 2.158 died, however, this number can be confirmed only upon certification of cause of death by the Istituto Superiore di Sanità.

SOURCE:
http://www.protezionecivile.gov.it/media-communication/press-release/detail/-/asset_publisher/default/content/coronavirus-sono-23-073-i-positivi

Jhon Hopkins Univerity like Dashboard for Italy.
http://opendatadpc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/b0c68bce2cce478eaac82fe38d4138b1

Random news form Italy.

• Morgues are full, coffins are being stockpiled in the churces, against every law
  • New ICU are being frantically built, in some city they also tought about using empry ferries for this. The point is that workforcee is missing and also machineries, which are of course much needed for this kind of units.
  • Anedoctical evidence of increased number od deaths in the more striken regions: on local newspaper thare is 5x obituaries. These aren't counted on official stats, but it is surely uncommon
  • This is starting to worry also hospitals, they "know" there is a lot more out ther not being detected and cured. This is potentially catastrophic for the Health System LINK IN ITALIAN
legendary
March 16, 2020, 04:01:33 PM

Look closer.

legendary
March 16, 2020, 03:56:33 PM
Remember: You should judge them by their actions, not by their words.
They released a deadly virus that went global and is still spreading. It does not matter if it was accidental or deliberate. In the adult world results are what matter.

Only idiots would use weapons they can't control.
Yes. They are communists.
March 16, 2020, 03:53:06 PM

Look closer.

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305
Pro financial, medical liberty
March 16, 2020, 03:36:04 PM
Viruses dont like moist hot air, its a fakt.
Finland and Russians spent a lot of time in saunas, looking at the death to recovery stats they fare a lot better than Iran, cold and dry now.
Bodys natural defence to the flu is to sweating and fever.
Cheap steam inhaling machine is almost a must have in times like this.

BS.
Once you have the virus inside the body, it's too late.
Moist air makes the virus fall to the ground faster, so it can't move around in the air.
The warmth is not responsible as much as the high UV radiation in summer, which damages the hull (shell) of any coronavirus. Inside the body it's 37 degree celsius, and the virus can replicate in this hot-moist environment. Above 40° it's over for the little bastard, but this is also critical for the human heart and brain. We're speaking body core temperature here, by the way.
Think twice.
If summers UV radiation won't help contain the virus by killing it, we're pretty fucked. Let's hope the best.
Emergency rooms are desinfected with robots carrying UV-C lamps. If temperature and humidity were the reason for the virus to die off, they would be decontaminated with hot steam. God, please think!

EDIT: The virus likes to spread indoors. Like the flu and many other respiratory pathogens. Indoors almost no UV-C radiation is present. T.h.i.n.k....
Sure, nature has no clue. Fever and sweat is the only natureal defence for influenca virus.
Yes it is very dry indoors with central heaters, or electric, some put moisturisers on the radiator to make air quality better.

Ah, thats why 85% of the cases are mild.

This is just wrong. Virus load does not correlate to severeness of symptoms. that's science, baby. go ask google or browse tweets of any virologist that has some reputation.
I don't know what you mean with "nature has no clue". Do you even know how immune response works? Why our own immune system is attacking lung tissue that is contaminated with a virus? People die because of the immune reaction (or it's secondary effects), not because of the virus.
What is next you want to tell me people die from hiv and not aids, or from SARS-COV-2 and not COVID-19
If you get to flu, the first response from the immunsystem is fever and sweat until it has time to get organized and deal with the situation.

Different viruses multiply best in different temperatures.
Common cold, which infect the cooler upper airway and sinuses, grow best between 33 and 35º C.
The influenza viruses "the Flu", which infect the whole body, grow best at temperatures only slightly below body temperature and at 40º C  will die off after 12-24 hours.
At 30° they no longer exit, host already long death.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 2963
Man who stares at charts
March 16, 2020, 03:22:08 PM
Finland and Russians spent a lot of time in saunas, looking at the death to recovery stats they fare a lot better than Iran, cold and dry now.

BS.
Moist air makes the virus fall to the ground faster, so it can't move around in the air.
The warmth is not responsible as much as the high UV radiation in summer, which damages the hull (shell) of any coronavirus. Inside the body it's 37 degree celsius, and the virus can replicate in this hot-moist environment. Above 40° it's over for the little bastard, but this is also critical for the human heart and brain. We're speaking body core temperature here, by the way.
Think twice.
If summers UV radiation won't help contain the virus by killing it, we're pretty fucked. Let's hope the best.
Emergency rooms are desinfected with robots carrying UV-C lamps. If temperature and humidity were the reason for the virus to die off, they would be decontaminated with hot steam. God, please think!

EDIT: The virus likes to spread indoors. Like the flu and many other respiratory pathogens. Indoors almost no UV-C radiation is present. T.h.i.n.k....
Sure, nature has no clue. Fever and sweat is the only natureal defence for influenca virus.
Yes it is very dry indoors with central heaters, or electric, some put moisturisers on the radiator to make air quality better.

This is just wrong. Virus load does not correlate to severeness of symptoms. that's science, baby. go ask google or browse tweets of any virologist that has some reputation.
I don't know what you mean with "nature has no clue". Do you even know how immune response works? Why our own immune system is attacking lung tissue that is contaminated with a virus? People die because of the immune reaction (or it's secondary effects), not because of the virus.
legendary
Man who stares at charts
March 16, 2020, 03:16:18 PM
I have a high level of confidence that this is a bioweapon, and will lead to open war. Even if it isn't, it looks like it, and that might be enough to ignite tensions.
Either way, it came from china. So did the spanish flu, the plague, and even the yearly sniffles. And they are trying to blame the US for it.

It is my opinion that china must be destroyed.

Ibian, please provide a link. I didn't see news of accusations anywhere. How is China trying to blame the US for it?
https://www.google.com/search?q=china+blaming+us+for+corona&oq=china+blaming+us+for+corona&aqs=chrome..69i57.3786j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Pick a link, any link.

I have a high level of confidence that this is a bioweapon, and will lead to open war. Even if it isn't, it looks like it, and that might be enough to ignite tensions.

C'mon! Nobody would use a bioweapon that infects the whole planet. That's like actually using nuclear weapons, which makes absolutely no sense.
It may have been released by accident (or willful negligence), but either way it is almost certainly engineered by humans. The rate of mutation from the nearest natural animal strain is just too big to be otherwise.

Ok, thanks for pointing me to the articles about accusation of the US Army.
These accusations are made by a minority of china's high officials, which is not uncommon (as you can read in retrospection in some of these articles).
China's political environment is not very stable, i read of the wildest possible statements from chinese officials in the past, for example that the chinese are the master race and are destined to take over the planet (sounds familiar from school history lessons?) and other bullshit. This time it seems that some officials try to weaken president Xi's power and authority by trying to establish a bias in the chinese people's thinking. Xi will likely put that down soon, if he didn't already do so.
So as long as Xi himself does not accuse the US for creating/importing the virus, you can consider these statements as "hot steam". The latter is being loved by the press to be picked up, in the us/eu and in asia as well. It's probably done to distract the people from the chinese responsabilities that were not met.
If some dumb senator or minister in the US issues a crazy statement to the press, they pick and cook it up, happily.

Remember: You should judge them by their actions, not by their words.

I personally don't believe in an engineered virus, scientific evidence of mutation and infection from animal hosts (bat/pangolin) is too strong.
Only idiots would use weapons they can't control.
March 16, 2020, 03:09:09 PM

BS.
Think twice.

legendary
Man who stares at charts
March 16, 2020, 02:55:02 PM

BS.
Think twice.

legendary
March 16, 2020, 02:52:41 PM
Either way, it came from china. So did the spanish flu, the plague, and even the yearly sniffles. And they are trying to blame the US for it.

Ibian, please provide a link. I didn't see news of accusations anywhere. How is China trying to blame the US for it?
https://www.google.com/search?q=china+blaming+us+for+corona&oq=china+blaming+us+for+corona&aqs=chrome..69i57.3786j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Pick a link, any link.

C'mon! Nobody would use a bioweapon that infects the whole planet. That's like actually using nuclear weapons, which makes absolutely no sense.
It may have been released by accident (or willful negligence), but either way it is almost certainly engineered by humans. The rate of mutation from the nearest natural animal strain is just too big to be otherwise.
March 16, 2020, 02:36:32 PM
Finland and Russians spent a lot of time in saunas, looking at the death to recovery stats they fare a lot better than Iran, dry.
legendary
Man who stares at charts
March 16, 2020, 02:26:17 PM

legendary
March 16, 2020, 02:09:22 PM

Look closer.
Jump to: