Pages:
Author

Topic: could bitcoin be replaced by another crypto currency? - page 22. (Read 11957 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
As of now, bitcoins still on the top at its equivalent. I guess in the future there's a big possibilities that there's some ctyptocurrencies atleast be a threat to bitcoins. It may not surpass bitcoin but the possible effect to bitcoin is very relevant.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
Nothing is perfect, and certainly someday there will be better and perfect coins than bitcoin. just waiting time, maybe a good coin and can replace bitcoin is Ethereum and waves.
Waves cannot replace the bitcoin because it doesn't have a solid system and its community is not so big so it will not become easy for the waves to replace bitcoin and i think the currency or cryptocurrency that will replace bitcoin is not yet here and it will launch in the future and that will become a better coin than bitcoin and it will have more and more users that will make the users of bitcoin abandon the bitcoin system.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 255
Nothing is perfect, and certainly someday there will be better and perfect coins than bitcoin. just waiting time, maybe a good coin and can replace bitcoin is Ethereum and waves.
Activity: 184
🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟
Based on what I have read there's a lot of crypto currencies in the market and as of today bitcoin is still the number one crypto, the possibility that it can be replace by another currency is lease likely to happen since it is consider to be the mother of all crypto, the moment it will lose its value it will affect other currencies and may also lose their current value which means no crypto can replace bitcoin.

No one can be sure of the development of bitcoins or other crypto currencies because they are not regulated by anyone and develop only on user activity. It all depends on what kind of crypto currency the majority chooses.
Activity: 210
Merit: 108
Based on what I have read there's a lot of crypto currencies in the market and as of today bitcoin is still the number one crypto, the possibility that it can be replace by another currency is lease likely to happen since it is consider to be the mother of all crypto, the moment it will lose its value it will affect other currencies and may also lose their current value which means no crypto can replace bitcoin.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
the world is a place full of competition and no brand or product can stay longer in the international market if it is stubborn enough not to change with time. We need to keep supporting bitcoins if we really want to see them for a longer time and the team should also keep making changes so that people don’t get bored with bitcoins.

I have seen some companies before who are so famous with their products and then when innovation comes, they refuse to change and so now their company is already close and their product is not that famous anymore. Those people,things,companies that remain stagnant despite the change would not progress and this could be applied to bitcoin as well. Bitcoin may need to have updates from time to time so that people would continue to use it because once people shift their attention to something else then maybe its the time we say goodbye to it so we as a community should continue supporting , promoting and using it to make others be aware of it. It might be replace by another currency in the future because we never know what the future will be.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?
Not necessarily only the rich need to possess bitcoin in the future. Bitcoin wasn't developed for that purpose ,and bitcoin is referred as virtual gold, so not a lot of rich people own or use bitcoin ,so you and most of the people who currently use it have a chance of being a millionaire.
And about bitcoin being replaced by another altcoin it's possible for such a case to be valid.
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
This world is a competition, who can't compete with others will be replaced. Bitcoin is the same. So there is a chance another crypto currency will replace bitcoin if Bitcoin stop upgrading , improving. The dead of Nokia is an real example for this.
the world is a place full of competition and no brand or product can stay longer in the international market if it is stubborn enough not to change with time. We need to keep supporting bitcoins if we really want to see them for a longer time and the team should also keep making changes so that people don’t get bored with bitcoins.
Activity: 460
Merit: 254
may be. if bitcoin stops developing and can not adjust to the development of the times, I think bitcoin will be quickly replaced by other coins that are more adaptable.
Bitcoin is being more and more famous it is increasing the worth and the price!  Bitcoin is the number one currency; I don’t think that any other currency could replace it. You can say anything about this so if we look at the price of the bitcoin then we will see the bitcoin currency gained a lot of fame more than the other crypto currencies so no currency can ever replace bitcoin according to me, it has the potential to grow and it will gain more and more fame.
Activity: 266
Merit: 122
Yes its possible to other currencies to replace bitcoin because if bitcoin cannot sustain the market demands people will divert to a currencies which price is stable and can supply the demand of the market. As we all know there is only limited supply of bitcoin in the circulation so it should be always active and continue growing
Activity: 980
Merit: 250
It is not possible for any crypto currency to replace BTC as this coin already proved its value and approved by many countries as legal currency. People have more faith on BTC rather then any altcoin and no altcoin showing its strength to beat this coin in near future. No one can predict the future.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
may be. if bitcoin stops developing and can not adjust to the development of the times, I think bitcoin will be quickly replaced by other coins that are more adaptable.
I don’t think so there is a coin which is more adaptable than bitcoins. Altcoins do not have tendency to beat bitcoins in any context. Bitcoins will definitely keep updating and the team is undoubtedly going to bring some awesome changes with time to keep investors interested in bitcoins.
Altcoins means a lot of alternative coin and there is a chance that one of those altcoins will replaced bitcoin in the future because of the better features and also the community that will become bigger than bitcoin. Those two are the major reasons for a coin to get a lot of popularity and i think that it is so easy for a good and strong altcoin to replaced bitcoin in the future.
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
I don’t think so there is a coin which is more adaptable than bitcoins. Altcoins do not have tendency to beat bitcoins in any context. Bitcoins will definitely keep updating and the team is undoubtedly going to bring some awesome changes with time to keep investors interested in bitcoins.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Although difficult, because of how entrenched it is now in the minds of those who partake in Cryptos. The answer is a resounding yes. Something better COULD come along and replace it.

the possibility will always exist to shift the function of bitcoin by other crypto, but if the population of bitcoin users continues to decline and the fact that the current population of bitcoin users in various countries continues to experience a good improvement to date
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
Although difficult, because of how entrenched it is now in the minds of those who partake in Cryptos. The answer is a resounding yes. Something better COULD come along and replace it.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
i do this question because i´ve read in this website issues with bitcoin, slow mining process, high fees, etc. and i´ve read too good reviews of some altcoins, ethereum (smart contracts), ripple (for transfers between banks), dash and nem. these altcoins called 2.0. could bitcoin become just in future virtual gold reserved to companies and rich people?

It may be possible.

If enough hype is generated around Ethereum, then it's quite easy actually for them to surpass bitcoin in market capitalization. However should market capitalization really be a mesaure of how successful a coin is, or whether it is the #1 crypto or not? I think not. Even though EThereum is currently very close to bitcoin, people still don't know it. Maybe 1% of people on earth know about bitcoin but only 20% of people who know bitcoin knowns about Ethereum. I find it hard to even find info on how to install and use ethereum apps. It's confusing af.

And even if ethereum surpasses bitcoin, it'll be short term. Bitcoin will definitely make a comeback.
It is not possible , in my point of view bitcoin cannot be replaced by any other cryptocurrency because bitcoin is first digital  because it introduces the digital currency and it gave huge profits in past and will give in future ,and people around the globe will not accept any other new currency as they are getting higher benefit from bitcoin.
Activity: 385
Merit: 266
Bitcoin does have these issues. Mining has become increasingly slow because of Bitcoin Cash. We have lost quite a bit of hash - power due to the fact that Bitcoin Cash is currently more profitable to mine than Bitcoin. This has been reinforced by Bitcoin’s recent price drop. Miners are earning much more with Bitcoin Cash when compared to Bitcoin. Transaction fees are quite high, but I have been able to send transactions for 5 satoshi per byte on Blockchain. They get confirmed relatively soon. Bitcoin price volatility is another bad aspect of Bitcoin. But you can’t just judge everything from a couple of reviews. You have to test out Ethereum/any of altcoin and Bitcoin before you can decide which one is better. I would say Bitcoin is faring the best at the moment, but in saying that I must add that certain altcoins do have their advantages and disadvantages.
Activity: 126
This world is a competition, who can't compete with others will be replaced. Bitcoin is the same. So there is a chance another crypto currency will replace bitcoin if Bitcoin stop upgrading , improving. The dead of Nokia is an real example for this.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
If ever such thing will happen it will take time before it can get discovered and gain popularity. Bitcoin takes a while before it gain popularity so as the other coins.

Definitely a coin that can replace bitcoin would still take some time to build its reputation. Bitcoin started with no value and it was noticed only after many years and then more bitcoin users joined the bandwagon that's why it has significant value today. Ethereum may be the one who will replaced bitcoin in terms of prices but then ethereum cannot totally replace it because they are created for different purpose. Bitcoin has paved the way in order for other currencies to be noticed quickly since it is the coin who started it all so it is hard to replace the original one.

Maybe a few years from now, a coin that has already been created or to be created yet will dominate the crypto world in terms of prices, popularity etc. but bitcoin will always be the one that will be remembered cause it is the founder and it has strong support from its community. Its hard to imagine a coin that will replace bitcoin for now.
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
Yes I'm sure someday there will be a coin that can replace bitcoin, maybe the coin is being done right now and the developer be patient to launch. capital strength becomes the main factor, because to beat the bitcoin it takes a massive promotion.
Pages:
Jump to: