Pages:
Author

Topic: CPU mining 2017? - page 8. (Read 150984 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
December 17, 2017, 11:41:02 PM
As I understand it, CPU mining is profitable if you mining those coins that will grow in the future

Huh, who would have thunk it?

I shouldn't be a prick lol, tell me what cpu coins you feel good or lucky about pleez
Activity: 31
December 16, 2017, 02:21:20 PM
I tried to mine on an office computer and it turned out to be nothing. Mining requires large processing power of a pool of powerful video cards or specialized devices.
i tri mine wit my gamur pc gpu. mine bitcoin. no work. dis meen gpu mining no work
Activity: 240
Merit: 100
December 16, 2017, 02:18:54 PM
Activity: 308
December 16, 2017, 12:30:09 PM
I tried to mine on an office computer and it turned out to be nothing. Mining requires large processing power of a pool of powerful video cards or specialized devices.
Activity: 616
December 16, 2017, 05:14:08 AM
Hi

What coin is best for cpu & memory mining? Monero? I can mining with several computer at time? I have free electricity

Windows or Linux?
Thanks a lot

I would say Linux is better for me. Tried to mine a lot of coins, with my setup optimal are aeon and VRM.
Activity: 210
December 15, 2017, 12:01:42 PM
I think now CPU mining is a pointless thing. Mining requires powerful video cards or a specialized device.
Activity: 2
December 14, 2017, 05:38:32 PM
Hi

What coin is best for cpu & memory mining? Monero? I can mining with several computer at time? I have free electricity

Windows or Linux?

Thanks a lot
Activity: 13
December 12, 2017, 12:24:59 PM
As I understand it, CPU mining is profitable if you mining those coins that will grow in the future

Not necessarily, you can make profits immediately on some.

But of course "speculative mining" is way more interesting
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
December 11, 2017, 09:08:23 PM
Credits (CRDS) is a masternode coin which uses the Argon2d algorithm (GPU-resistant). It is CPU-only mineable, and right now there is only solo mining.
Activity: 137
December 10, 2017, 03:24:30 PM
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
December 10, 2017, 12:31:47 PM
Right now i mine Electroneum with my CPU. I dont mine profit TODAY, but i think the coin will rise in value ALOT later on. And then i will have made a profit  Grin Grin I dont think there is a coin that you mine directly into profit today.

No wallet download? Can you give so.e more details?

Their app is currently offline, due to security audit. If you go to their website, you can create a paper wallet as a PDF that you will be able to merge into their app once its online again. Hopefully this audit wont take long, you can read about in on their website aswell.

Is it too late to mine? I want to try to unsubscribe then what happened, I download the software for mining.
Activity: 13
December 09, 2017, 07:55:22 PM
CPU mining can still be profitable, even in 2017.

But you need to find coins that can be mined ONLY by cpus:

* no cryptonote coins, there are GPU miners for cryptonote
* no multi algo coins, obviously, multi algos means rewards get split among the different algo miners, which means CPU miners don't split 100% of rewards among themselves (would be like, ASICs get 30%, GPUs 30% and CPUs 30%, you get the idea), so not competitive. Multi algo coins are great in theory but they are just not competitive for miners.

My best pick is VRM (Verium), algo is so memory intensive you can't get anything out of a GPU. It requires a good RAM setup though to get the most out of your CPU.

Mining on my old single Xeon desktop, I get around 0.5 VRM daily (1 to 1.5 usd at current market prices).
Activity: 539
Merit: 105
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
December 06, 2017, 10:04:38 PM
Right now i mine Electroneum with my CPU. I dont mine profit TODAY, but i think the coin will rise in value ALOT later on. And then i will have made a profit  Grin Grin I dont think there is a coin that you mine directly into profit today.
Just browesed through Electroneum threads.. Ico token release delayed.. Lot of negativity and schedule slippage.. but may be once wallet released and in full mode .. may be.... As of now I stick with Yenten
Activity: 240
December 06, 2017, 03:08:33 PM
Check out Unitus (UIS).

It can be mined via CPU/GPU/ASIC through 5 different independent algorithms. 2 of them being CPU mineable algorithms argon2d and yescrypt. Argon2d has been very popular with our miners. UIS was the 1st coin to combine all 3 different types of mining (CPU/GPU/ASIC) with merge mining. UIS can be merge mined with over 50+ popular coins including, but not limited to: Dash, Verge, Digibyte and Vertcoin.

We will also be implementing Proof of Stake by mid 2018 becoming a hybrid PoW/PoS coin. More details to come regarding PoS %, etc.

There was absolutely 0 premine, ICO, or dev tax. Extremely fair distribution here.

We have been running since December 2014 with 0 problems and here are the mining stats:

Total mined: 71.1 million
-
Total burnt: 17 million

Source: https://unitus.online/network

The current block reward is 30 UIS, and it decays by a compounding 1% every week until it reaches 2 UIS.

By ~June 2022 most of the coins will be mined. By then there will be approximately 73 million coins in circulation and from there on out the block reward will only be 2 UIS and stay like that forever resembling the natural decline of a valuable resource.

We are currently only at ~$1 million marketcap and are worth $0.025-$0.03 per UIS.

The best place to currently trade UIS is cryptopia. Do not trade UIS on yobit because they did not cooperate with us regarding the argon2d fork back in June 2017 and are on the wrong chain. A lot of coins have this problem with them. We will also be listed on the new altcoin exchange blockbid.com.au in early 2018 which is poised to be one of the biggest altcoin exchanges around. We also have other exchanges on our mind. As the community grows more, we eventually plan to get on Bittrex as well.

Recent article on Unitus: https://medium.com/@cryptkeeperofficial/why-unitus-could-be-the-next-vertcoin-8327867b23f1

Twitter: https://twitter.com/UnitusCoin
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Unitus/
Slack: http://unitus.herokuapp.com/

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
December 06, 2017, 01:37:24 PM
Right now i mine Electroneum with my CPU. I dont mine profit TODAY, but i think the coin will rise in value ALOT later on. And then i will have made a profit  Grin Grin I dont think there is a coin that you mine directly into profit today.

Their app is currently offline, due to security audit. If you go to their website, you can create a paper wallet as a PDF that you will be able to merge into their app once its online again. Hopefully this audit wont take long, you can read about in on their website aswell.
Activity: 539
Merit: 105
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
December 06, 2017, 01:25:17 PM

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
December 06, 2017, 01:13:47 PM
Pages:
Jump to: