Pages:
Author

Topic: Crazy shit Bible says, crazy shit Christians say - page 17. (Read 31191 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
Now there is your time machine.  You do yearly backup when you renew your driver's license.   When you die, they'll restore your brain to the year you specified on driver license application.  Or it could be a walk-in procedure, you walk in and do a refresh from 10 years ago.  

Sort of like the movie Groundhog Day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VF5P7qLaEQ

Combined with human cloning they will be able to backup one's brain when he/she is born and then clone him/her, grow him/her, and upload the backup.  So people would never really die.

That should be doable within 20-40 years, if not sooner...

The hard part is the clone... that's gonna take another 20 years unless you want to be a baby

40 years? Are you guessing or have you read Kurzweil's book about the singularity?

Just an educated guess based on the progress of the current research

But then again, I thought we'd have flying cars too

We've got flying cars already. But nobody wants or need them.

For the cloning part, I'd say much more than that especially because there no real use to it. We still can't implement the life experience, the thoughts, and we will probably never be able to do so. Hence a clone would be a totally different person.

Hmm, that brings another question:  Is talent something that is stored in the brain at birth?  Or just a predisposition in the brain, that if exercised makes a person an arts or math genius.  I'm sure you can copy the memory, but would your brain develop the same way if you were cloned?

Pregnancy probably influences the brain development to some degree, so maybe you will never be able to clone humans exactly.  Unless technology is developed to run pregnancy in a controlled environment, even then extra care would have to be taken to duplicate the subjects exactly. 

It is like if you take two seemingly identical seeds and plant them, it is hard to get 100% identical plants.  One might get more nutrients, more water, more sunlight, less wind, no obstructions in soil etc.  Human development is several magnitudes more complicated than plant development. 

I don't see how you could copy the memory to be honest :/

And you wouldn't be able to copy the experience! Which would mean that by having a younger brain, you would also lose most of what you've learned!!!

The same way you're copying programs, apps, registry files or system files from one hard drive to another.

Yeah but you know how to copy them because you know how to store the data. Do we know how our brain stores data?
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Now there is your time machine.  You do yearly backup when you renew your driver's license.   When you die, they'll restore your brain to the year you specified on driver license application.  Or it could be a walk-in procedure, you walk in and do a refresh from 10 years ago.  

Combined with human cloning they will be able to backup one's brain when he/she is born and then clone him/her, grow him/her, and upload the backup.  So people would never really die.

The hard part is the clone... that's gonna take another 20 years unless you want to be a baby

40 years? Are you guessing or have you read Kurzweil's book about the singularity?

For the cloning part, I'd say much more than that especially because there no real use to it. We still can't implement the life experience, the thoughts, and we will probably never be able to do so. Hence a clone would be a totally different person.

Hmm, that brings another question:  Is talent something that is stored in the brain at birth?  Or just a predisposition in the brain, that if exercised makes a person an arts or math genius.  I'm sure you can copy the memory, but would your brain develop the same way if you were cloned?

Pregnancy probably influences the brain development to some degree, so maybe you will never be able to clone humans exactly.  Unless technology is developed to run pregnancy in a controlled environment, even then extra care would have to be taken to duplicate the subjects exactly. 

It is like if you take two seemingly identical seeds and plant them, it is hard to get 100% identical plants.  One might get more nutrients, more water, more sunlight, less wind, no obstructions in soil etc.  Human development is several magnitudes more complicated than plant development. 

And you wouldn't be able to copy the experience! Which would mean that by having a younger brain, you would also lose most of what you've learned!!!

The same way you're copying programs, apps, registry files or system files from one hard drive to another.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

So any other people that are having children and are not married should be stoned? And their children as well? Is that what you're saying?

OH GOD!

I didn't pay attention to the married part when I gave my approval xD
Sorry I meant that children should only be made naturally from a man and a woman that's all xD

Well that's a relief since it's the only way science knows how to make a child...

They haven't quite figured out how to make a baby from 2 men or 2 women (yet)

Hmm... Technically you can make humans through the sperm and the ovules, without involving the man and the woman in any way but in taking their seeds.
Activity: 350
Actually I think there are flying care - it's just that they're expensive.
Even so, I think many possible discoveries haven't been invented/revealed because of financial interests in the world. Which is sad.

Flying cars are a different story... I heard there was one manufacturer that could make them for ~$30k, but the gov wouldn't let them build it

I don't really want flying cars anyway... people cant drive, and i don't want them flying into my house... navigation would have to be fully automated, and require regular maintenance so they don't fall out of the sky, etc... flying cars are more trouble than they are worth

I'm waiting for the flying speeders. No more losing traction in tight corners.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
Even so, I think many possible discoveries haven't been invented/revealed because of financial interests in the world. Which is sad.

Flying cars are a different story... I heard there was one manufacturer that could make them for ~$30k, but the gov wouldn't let them build it

I don't really want flying cars anyway... people cant drive, and i don't want them flying into my house... navigation would have to be fully automated, and require regular maintenance so they don't fall out of the sky, etc... flying cars are more trouble than they are worth
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Now there is your time machine.  You do yearly backup when you renew your driver's license.   When you die, they'll restore your brain to the year you specified on driver license application.  Or it could be a walk-in procedure, you walk in and do a refresh from 10 years ago. 

Combined with human cloning they will be able to backup one's brain when he/she is born and then clone him/her, grow him/her, and upload the backup.  So people would never really die.

So any other people that are having children and are not married should be stoned? And their children as well? Is that what you're saying?

OH GOD!

Sorry I meant that children should only be made naturally from a man and a woman that's all xD

Well that's a relief since it's the only way science knows how to make a child...

They haven't quite figured out how to make a baby from 2 men or 2 women (yet)

OH GOD!

Activity: 350

That's not because they can that they'll be let doing it. Be sure that the public doesn't agree with that. That's what technocrats call unethical.

It's not only unethical, it's also horribly biased way of doing things.

And you do support such a thing? As a Christian?

Of course not ! I only support children made the genuine way, by two married people. That is the best way and should be the only one tolerated !

Of course not ! I only support children made the genuine way, by two married people. That is the best way and should be the only one tolerated !

That's right.

Any other way of acting will kill biodiversity and prevent nature from doing its way...
Look at "welcome to Gattaka"!
Activity: 476
Merit: 252

That's not because they can that they'll be let doing it. Be sure that the public doesn't agree with that. That's what technocrats call unethical.

Well, finally something we agree on! ^^

Though probably not for the good reasons.
Activity: 588
Gloire à la Victoire !

Activity: 588
Gloire à la Victoire !

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Religion provided rules for organizing large group of people.
By this logic, science is a religion and math is it's god

Not God.  God is not real.

Like I said before, I think a new religion of "data processing" will be named sometime in not so distant future.

People already follow this religion but it has not been formally defined yet.

The bronze age religions will be studied by historians, psychologists, neuroscientists  but regular people will stop following these irrational myths.  For the same reason they abandoned other religions of the past.

All of this is part of evolution.

BTW, I think there are many other "religions": capitalism, money, socialism, liberalism, humanism all have similar function as theistic religions.

Interesting to talk about capitalism as a religion.

It's a good comparison. Capitalism is horrible, kills hundreds of thousands of people, gives everything to a small elite, like a religion.
And like a religion, the "followers" are indoctrinated to worship it without questioning it ever, and to chase the others...

Its sort of what its like. religion is like a legion of army. Moses didn't intend to create a religion in fact what he just did is free his people from Egypt. And before bringing them out, it means WAR.
Pages:
Jump to: