Pages:
Author

Topic: Crazy shit Bible says, crazy shit Christians say - page 13. (Read 31221 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373

i think anti god posting should be illegal and punishable too.

Ah... My good old Inquisition, where you burned alive the Jews and the heretics on the public place. You miss me a lot Cry...

If some dumbass Christian tries to kill me... I'ma try to kill him right back! (lessons learned from watching Firefly/Serenity)

If God is with me, you won't have any chance. I may not even have to do anything, because he could make you die just right now. I would not kill you, because even if you're backward, you seem to have some reflexion power (even if it is misused, it is still here).

We need to relax... in a way.

God has given over a reasonable amount of his power to people. He did it because He saw that we could be a noble people as we walk in His view in our lives. But we all have corrupted our ways, even if it is only a little.

The sacrifice that Jesus made on the cross isn't understood very well. Jesus didn't only die to take some obscure punishment for the people. Rather, He died to uphold the universe.

In our lives, we ride only the outer fringes of our life. For example. It has long been known that the subconscious part of the mind is vastly larger than the conscious part. In a similar way, our souls and spirits play a much larger part in the universe than we generally understand. Our souls are great enough that they reach right to the core of the structure of the universe. God made it this way. The universe was to be ours.

The thing that Jesus did on the cross did not only uphold the lives of people. Rather, He upheld the whole universe by injecting the strength of His character into a universe that is connected to the souls and spirits of people. It was necessary that He do this if He wanted to save us, because God can't stand even a shadow of imperfection. Our imperfection in the universe would have meant destruction of the whole universe because of it.

Don't be upset by Moloch. He is only looking at the outside of things a little. And actually, it's a little bit of a benefit for us that he is. Why? Because the childish expressions of the things he attempts to believe, cause a revulsion for things like him, in us, so that we don't want to partake of that foolishness. We firmly move away from him and his kind, so we will not be destroyed in the coming wrath of God.

It's kind of like the families of Dathan and Abiram, in Israel, during the 40 years that they wandered in the desert before they entered the land of Canaan. Dathan and Abiram were in the family line of Levi. So, they thought that they should have some of the power and authority that Moses and Aaron were expressing. They thought this way because they were only looking at earthly power. They were doing like Moloch talks about all the time. They were after the fame, the glory and the money.

Moses and Aaron were obeying and attempting to obey God. So, when Dathan and Abiram pushed themselves forward to wrest some of the authority from Moses and God, God told Moses to have the Israelite community separate themselves from the families of Dathan and Abiram. Israel obeyed Moses, and Dathan and Abiram and their families came to the entryways of their tents to watch. The the earth opened up and swallowed Dathan and Abiram and their families down into their graves alive.

Don't fret so much about Moloch and the noise he makes. Rather, step back from him and his kind - his family, so to speak - and watch the power of the Lord figuratively open up the earth and swallow those rebellious people into the heart of their graves, right before our eyes. After all, it is the Lord that they are boasting against, not us. We stand in the protection of the Lord.

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 722

Ah... My good old Inquisition, where you burned alive the Jews and the heretics on the public place. You miss me a lot Cry...

If some dumbass Christian tries to kill me... I'ma try to kill him right back! (lessons learned from watching Firefly/Serenity)

If God is with me, you won't have any chance. I may not even have to do anything, because he could make you die just right now. I would not kill you, because even if you're backward, you seem to have some reflexion power (even if it is misused, it is still here).

Your God does not exist

Some asshole made up a bunch of stories to extort 10% of your money and get you to believe any bullshit they tell you to believe

That's it... That's the big secret of religion... It's all about money and brainwashing people into sheeple

It worked great for 1900+ years when the average person could not read, much less own a bible... They had no choice but to accept the preachers word as Gods word...
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Gloire à la Victoire !

Activity: 756
Merit: 505
Dude, what's with all these religious threads you're starting?  I'd say there is going to come a point when enough is enough, wouldn't you say?  You might want to just consolidate them else you could have pretty much an infinite number of threads.

I'd say that people like him can't live without start a fight between religions or between religous and ateist people. I hate this kind of people

Gloire à la Victoire !

If you go back to Genesis it mentions that their are other people outside of the garden. They were called son's of Gods, daughters of men, and the Nephilim.

http://www.crystalinks.com/nephilim.html
In the Hebrew Bible and several non-canonical Jewish and early Christian writings, nephilim means the fallen ones are a people created by the cross-breeding of the "sons of God" and the "daughters of men". The word nephilim is loosely translated as giants or titans in some Bibles, and is left untranslated in others.

The phrase "sons of God" is sometimes translated into English as "sons of gods". The Hebrew word, "Elohim", is a plural form...

So yeah...

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning [Elohim] created the heavens and the earth...

If you have 1 demi-god father (Elohim) and 1 human mother... you get a Nephilim... basically, Jesus...

Quote from: Genesis 6:4
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
legendary

If you go back to Genesis it mentions that their are other people outside of the garden. They were called son's of Gods, daughters of men, and the Nephilim.

You intentionally distract people from where the Nephilim came.

The were not talked about in the Garden, in the creation. This means that they came from elsewhere... off planet.

The Nephilim were also called the angels in some of the old translations... son's of God (angels) coming in to the daughters of men.

It's about time you jokers wake up and see the great history of the universe that is talked about in Genesis, and followed through in the rest of the Bible.

Revelation talks about the war between Michael and the Dragon (Satan). The Dragon was cast to the earth. His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. What stars? The stars are angels. Revelation 1:20b:
The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches...
The stars are angels.

What are angels doing in the sky acting like stars? They are holding and operating the natural laws of the universe. Their job was finished when Jesus took over, right from Genesis 3:15, the first promise of the Savior. The Nephilim had time to come to the earth, because their position of physics law holders was over, even before the Beginning.

Read and wake up.

Cool

I think religion should be categorized as the mental disorder that it is... and religious people put in an insane asylum for their own protection

Good thing nobody makes laws based on what you or I think, eh?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
This isn't the craziest shit in the bible... but who doesn't love some good rules about how to treat virgin daughters and their rapist?

Quote from: Deuteronomy 22:13-29
If a man takes a wife and, after sleeping with her, dislikes her and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, “I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,” then the young woman’s father and mother shall bring to the town elders at the gate proof that she was a virgin. Her father will say to the elders, “I gave my daughter in marriage to this man, but he dislikes her. Now he has slandered her and said, ‘I did not find your daughter to be a virgin.’ But here is the proof of my daughter’s virginity.” Then her parents shall display the cloth before the elders of the town, and the elders shall take the man and punish him. They shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver and give them to the young woman’s father, because this man has given an Israelite virgin a bad name. She shall continue to be his wife; he must not divorce her as long as he lives.

If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.

If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among you.

But if out in the country a man happens to meet a young woman pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. Do nothing to the woman; she has committed no sin deserving death. This case is like that of someone who attacks and murders a neighbor, for the man found the young woman out in the country, and though the betrothed woman screamed, there was no one to rescue her.

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

KKK worker claims racism is a religious belief
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8I-xr7sIMk
What I find most interesting is you've flared up over (No 1. Barack Obama is not my president)

Not very interesting... it tells me that he didn't bother to read beyond the first point he disagreed with... not even surprising honestly

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
For several years,........
Great well thought out post. Sounds like your a down to earth type of person.  Smiley

Of course Obama is not your president. It is a stupid thing to say it because it is common knowledge.........
Cool
What I find most interesting is you've flared up over (No 1. Barack Obama is not my president), which incidentally, I've never heard you say.
Yet oddly the No.9 (If you don’t believe in God, you’re going to Hell) myth which you consistently blow loudly on your horn about every day without fail, we don't hear a peep out of you.

Perhaps you're the type davidpalagi38 gets embrassed about.

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
For several years, I was embarrassed to say I was a Christian. Not because I was ashamed of God, Jesus, or my own convictions, but because of the way other Christians acted. I’m not talking about obviously-not-Christian groups such as the Westboro group; even someone with a minimal knowledge of the Christian faith would know that group is more intent on spreading hate than God’s love. No, I’m talking about the well-intentioned, usually loving, Christian-next-door. However, I recently realized that if some of us don’t stand up and say something, people are going to continue to be pushed away from God and His love. We all know of Christians who have left the church because they faced too much judgement and harsh advice and not enough grace, love, forgiveness, and closed mouths. And I have to wonder how many have been on the ledge, ready to jump into a life with God, but the person who could have held their hand and mentored them in their new journey instead pushed them away. God is big enough to handle our stupidity, so there will be someone else later to help, but why should that be necessary?

So after much prayer, scripture hunting (to ensure that the Bible actually says what I think it says), and consulting with other Christians, I’ve compiled a list of stupid things Christians say. These are in no particular order. Join me as I invite Christians to open their hearts more and their mouths less.

1. Barack Obama is not my president.

Um, really? Let’s ignore the political and legal aspects of this and focus on the biblical. The bible tells us to submit to our laws and rulers unless they directly contradict God’s laws. President Obama has never required me to do anything that went against my convictions. I don’t agree with all his policies, but my objections are not biblical ones. And if you are a Christian, how can you not believe that God put Obama in office? I know you prayed for the presidential elections. And I’m sure rather than assuming you know best, and praying for a specific candidate to win, you prayed for God to put the best person in office and give him the wisdom to govern well. You did pray for God to put the best man for the job in, didn’t you? I thought so.

2. Being gay is a choice.

Yes, everyone I know wakes up one morning thinking, ?I wonder what I can do that will make people hate me, sneer at me in disgust, and call me really ugly names. Ooh! And if I work this right, I can probably find someone to douse me with gasoline and set me on fire!? Come on, folks. Even in today’s society, exposing yourself as a homosexual is most likely a terrifying experience. They’re taking the chance of losing the love and support of their family and friends, and opening themselves up to a lifetime of bullying and discrimination. Who would choose that? How about instead of verbally slapping them in the face, you give them a hug, and invite them to church (if they’re looking for a place to feel safe ? and you attend a loving church) or even just out for coffee or over for dinner. Being gay isn’t contagious. They’re not going to corrupt your kids. They want to be loved just like you and everyone else.

3. Keep Christ in Christmas.

Where to start with this one? Okay, we all do know that that Jesus wasn’t actually born on December 25, right? The Catholic Church took over a pagan holiday in an effort to tame the natives (so to speak). So, it really wasn’t our holiday in the first place. We stole it. But, we do celebrate Jesus’s birthday on December 25, so let’s work from there. If you’re reminding yourself to keep Christ in Christmas, that’s fabulous! If you’re talking to other Christians, that’s probably okay, too. It’s important to remember why Christians celebrate Christmas. But, you know, Jesus isn’t the reason for the season for everyone. And really, Christmas has become so far from a religious observance, it’s kind of ridiculous that even Christians are making such a big deal about this while stressing, and spending hours driving around to find the perfect gifts to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on.

I’m going to throw the ?Happy Holidays? mess in with this one. There are several holidays in December, not all of them Christian. There are other religions, even in America (gasp). Even if you only acknowledge Christmas and New Year?s, that’s two holidays. Saying ?Happy holidays? does not mean someone is trying to pretend Christ doesn’t exist. It most likely just means that they want to use a cheerful greeting that will make everyone smile. If someone wishes me Happy Kwanzaa, I’m not going to be offended, but as I not only don’t celebrate Kwanzaa, but am not even sure when it is, it won’t be as meaningful to me. If someone tells you, ?Happy holidays? just smile and return the greeting as you choose. No complaining necessary. If someone else can take the Christ out of your Christmas then you have bigger problems than which greeting a stranger uses.

4. Put God back in schools.

Ah, hmmm?okay. Maybe there is some confusion, because the God I serve goes pretty much wherever He wants. The schools are full of students and staff who love God and no one is keeping them from praying anytime they choose. What was banned was teacher-led prayer. Let’s think about this from another perspective. If every school started teaching a Muslim (Islamic? I’m sorry. I’m not sure of the proper use here) curriculum and having teacher-led prayers to Allah at the appointed prayer times, I’m pretty sure you would be freaking out. So how about we acknowledge that there are different religions in this country and that there are some places that are not appropriate for organized religion to be in. But God doesn’t need an organized prayer group. You’re insulting God every time you say he’s not allowed in schools.

5. I don’t have to recycle because Jesus is coming soon.

I?what? First of all, no man knows the time. It could still be a thousand years from now. Humans will not likely still be here then, but still? Second, God expects us to be good stewards of the earth and the creatures on it. Piling up more and more garbage that is toxic to both humans and animals is not being good stewards.

6. God hates divorce

I have a couple things to say on this topic.

1) I’m sure God does dislike families being torn apart. I’m going to venture a guess and say that most everyone does ? even people who get divorced.

2) If the person cares what God thinks, it’s a safe bet that they’re already aware of this, and don’t really need you to tell them.

What they need is love and prayer for wisdom and guidance, not judgement and your version of what God wants them to do. I spent years listening to people tell me ?God hates divorce? while I stayed in an abusive and miserable marriage.( ?It’s the wife’s job to lead her husband to Christ? is another lovely line that’s corrupted and thrown out in such times.) When I finally started listening to what God wanted me to do and stopped listening to others tell me what God wanted me to do, doors flew open and there was no doubt that I was taking the right path. You have no idea what’s going on in someone else’s marriage. You just love them and let God take care of it.

7. If you just have enough faith, you’ll be healed.

Yes, God healed many people in the bible. But he’s not a genie and he doesn’t always take away our problems. Faithful Christians die. Bad stuff happens and God doesn’t always fix it. Jesus begged for God to remove the necessity for his death. Paul knew that his ?thorn? was not going to go away. My grandparents who were both very faithful and spiritual both died of severe illnesses. Saying this to someone who is already hurting is rude, mean, and untrue. Another point here is that sometimes we have to stand in the gap for others. There will be times in every Christian’s life when they just don’t feel like God is listening, or maybe that they don’t deserve for God to listen. Remember when the group of friends lowered the man through the roof so Jesus could heal him? Yeah. Sometimes, you just have to help a brother (or sister) out.

God says there will be trouble ? John 16:33. He does not promise to remove the trouble, but to give us peace ? Isaiah 26:3.

8. It’s God’s will.

Raise your hand if hearing this has ever made you feel better after a loved one died or you experienced a major tragedy. Yeah, that’s what I thought. No matter what you believe, this is never the correct thing to say to someone who is bawling their eyes out. If your relationship is close enough, you just say, ?I love you? and give them a hug. If not, then just say, ?I’m sorry.? Hugs are optional, but will usually help.

9. If you don’t believe in God, you’re going to Hell.

1) The bible says that even the demons believe in God, so that’s not really helpful.

2) If someone doesn’t believe in God, they probably don’t believe in hell either. If you’re determined to convert them rather than just showing them God’s love and letting him work in their heart in his own time then you’ll do more good by just leaving them alone.

The bible does not tell us to beat people over the head with scripture. We are to show them God’s love, let his light shine through us, and in fact, if they are not responsive, we are to wipe the dust from our feet and move on. There is no nagging in the bible.

10. ? You tell me.

What’s your least favorite thing that Christians say? (Non-Christians are welcome to comment, and I respect your right to different beliefs, so please keep your comment respectful to me and my readers.)
legendary

So after much prayer, scripture hunting (to ensure that the Bible actually says what I think it says), and consulting with other Christians, I’ve compiled a list of stupid things Christians say. These are in no particular order. Join me as I invite Christians to open their hearts more and their mouths less.

1. Barack Obama is not my president.

Um, really? Let’s ignore the political and legal aspects of this and focus on the biblical. The bible tells us to submit to our laws and rulers unless they directly contradict God’s laws. President Obama has never required me to do anything that went against my convictions. I don’t agree with all his policies, but my objections are not biblical ones. And if you are a Christian, how can you not believe that God put Obama in office? I know you prayed for the presidential elections. And I’m sure rather than assuming you know best, and praying for a specific candidate to win, you prayed for God to put the best person in office and give him the wisdom to govern well. You did pray for God to put the best man for the job in, didn’t you? I thought so.

Of course Obama is not your president. It is a stupid thing to say it because it is common knowledge. Obama is the president of a corporate trust that has as one of its name, "The United States." If you, personally, happened to be set up as a corporation, more than likely Obama wouldn't even accept the job as your president if you asked him... to say nothing about following the required guidelines necessary to make him your president.

There are only two ways that any government becomes your government (ruler). They are:
1. You are conquered by them;
2. You voluntarily accept them as such.
And usually, if you accept a conqueror as being your ruler, you did it through voluntary choice... submit or die. So, if government is your ruler, it is because they have conquered you or because you voluntarily made them your ruler.

President Obama doesn't require anybody to do anything except, possibly, that the person has volunteered blindly to accept Obama's requirements. For example, a military person may have voluntarily accepted Obama ahead of time. Other than that, as long as a person doesn't harm another, Obama's laws don't apply. People just think they do, or don't know the proper way to say "no."

What does God placing Obama in office have to do with anything? Government was set up as it has been explicitly for the purpose of maintaining a government while at the same time governing the government to keep their hands off me as long as I haven't harmed anyone. I'm sure that God recognized that most of the people don't understand this - just like you don't - and so He placed the best guy on the job for all you slow learners.

I have prayed for lot's of things. And to my shame, I haven't written them down so that I could go back and refresh my memory about what they were. How in the world do you know what I prayed for?

Cool
What’s your least favorite thing that Christians say? (Non-Christians are welcome to comment, and I respect your right to different beliefs, so please keep your comment respectful to me and my readers.)

There are really too many to list... for me it's mostly the bigotry, hypocrisy and greed

I would say that your post is one of my favorites from a Christian

It sounds like you are really beginning to question things that your fellow Christians believe... and you read the bible, which is great... keep that up and I can see you becoming an Atheist soon! (I'd recommend Leviticus/Deuteronomy... those did it for me... and Revelations, that one is a trip)
Gloire à la Victoire !
Okay, I want to break up some Atheists. Give me some verses here, and I will try to interpret them with my true faith.
This isn't the craziest shit in the bible... but who doesn't love some good rules about how to treat virgin daughters and their rapist?

Quote from: Deuteronomy 22:13-29
If a man takes a wife and, after sleeping with her, dislikes her and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, “I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,” then the young woman’s father and mother shall bring to the town elders at the gate proof that she was a virgin. Her father will say to the elders, “I gave my daughter in marriage to this man, but he dislikes her. Now he has slandered her and said, ‘I did not find your daughter to be a virgin.’ But here is the proof of my daughter’s virginity.” Then her parents shall display the cloth before the elders of the town, and the elders shall take the man and punish him. They shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver and give them to the young woman’s father, because this man has given an Israelite virgin a bad name. She shall continue to be his wife; he must not divorce her as long as he lives.

If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.

If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among you.

But if out in the country a man happens to meet a young woman pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. Do nothing to the woman; she has committed no sin deserving death. This case is like that of someone who attacks and murders a neighbor, for the man found the young woman out in the country, and though the betrothed woman screamed, there was no one to rescue her.

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
If Adam and Eve had 2 children, Cain and Able...

And, Cain murders Able...

How are we here?

Did Cain have sex with his mother?

Did Adam and Eve have a daughter not mentioned in the bible?

Did Cain have sex with his not-important-enough-to-be-mentioned sister?

You should read Bible and you will know answer Smiley
After Cain killed Abel Adam and Eve got third son- Seth.
Bible didn't mention other, female children of Adam and Eve, or maybe other families (probably because such fact wasn't historically important) but surely Cain and Seth had wives and kids, as in every other family Smiley

So you are saying Cain married his sister?  Even though God forbade it?

Quote from: Leviticus 18:9
Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.

Quote from: Leviticus 20:17
If a man marries his sister, the daughter of either his father or his mother, and they have sexual relations, it is a disgrace. They are to be publicly removed from their people. He has dishonored his sister and will be held responsible

Quote from: Deuteronomy 27:22
“Cursed is anyone who sleeps with his sister, the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother.”

Then all the people shall say, “Amen!”

Also, why does God repeat himself so much in the bible?  It would be a lot shorter if he didn't have to repeat himself 3+ times with everything he says...
Pages:
Jump to: