Pages:
Author

Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD - page 39. (Read 57384 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Lead developer of Credits [CRE]
Some info on the progress of the Credits client

Giving a heads up on the development of the Credits client. The next release will have integrated Bitcoin send/receive capabilities, effectively turning the client into a combined Credits/Bitcoin client. Toolbar moved to left and added a new section with Bitcoin enabling capabilities.

Disclaimer!
Be VERY careful when starting to sending and receiving Bitcoins with the client. Credits is an experimental system and the new functionality has been developed very recently. Send ONLY small amounts when testing out the client and be very careful in using it the first months!!!

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I'm totally not sure about this, but there may be a bug - I think the code is looking for Bitcoin block 0... isn't the genesis block not stored? I remember reading something about it must be manually input in Abe because it's not in the copy of the chain on disk.

The genesis block is stored BUT NOT in the chainstate db. This is probably what you are referring to. Did you get the same problem again?

In that case, there may be a bug. I actually think I know what the problem is in that case - the genesis block of Credits has the genesis block of Bitcoin as it's linked Bitcoin block. Adding the Credits block may therefore be an exceptional case. It's just strange that this hasn't occurred when I've done test syncs. The error could possibly have been added in the last release.

Could you send me the first Credits block, or the Credits chain, if it's small? This bootstrap torrent is stalling a lot, slow when it does work, and I don't need the BTC chain.

Sure, I can send you the blocks directory only for Credits, it's probably doable by mail. Address?

My apologies for the extra work you've been having.

I just PM'd you my email; don't worry about it, it's new code, it happens.
Activity: 560
Merit: 300
Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011
That would be awesome thank you I'll pay you back once I get some proceeds from mining, normally encryption and backup are the first two things I do with a new wallet this one just caught me off guard.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
So status update on mine, I got a bunch of errors with last nights sync so I decided to scrap the folder and unzip another...well in my frustrated state I accidentally deleted my wallet file with the folder w/o backing it up and it had 10 CRE to get me started so I need to buy some more if someones willing to sell me a few at a decent rate? Anyways, back to the wallet I replaced the folder with the fresh unzipped one and so far so good. The chain is slooooooww but that is being investigated and it is progressing so now I just sit and wait!  Cheesy

I can hook you up with 10 CRE again Striker.. That sucks though man. Gotta be careful with wallets!

Get your wallet synced and going and shoot me your message and I'll replace your lost CRE.
It was only the wind.
I'm totally not sure about this, but there may be a bug - I think the code is looking for Bitcoin block 0... isn't the genesis block not stored? I remember reading something about it must be manually input in Abe because it's not in the copy of the chain on disk.

The genesis block is stored BUT NOT in the chainstate db. This is probably what you are referring to. Did you get the same problem again?

In that case, there may be a bug. I actually think I know what the problem is in that case - the genesis block of Credits has the genesis block of Bitcoin as it's linked Bitcoin block. Adding the Credits block may therefore be an exceptional case. It's just strange that this hasn't occurred when I've done test syncs. The error could possibly have been added in the last release.

Could you send me the first Credits block, or the Credits chain, if it's small? This bootstrap torrent is stalling a lot, slow when it does work, and I don't need the BTC chain.
Activity: 294
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager
So status update on mine, I got a bunch of errors with last nights sync so I decided to scrap the folder and unzip another...well in my frustrated state I accidentally deleted my wallet file with the folder w/o backing it up and it had 10 CRE to get me started so I need to buy some more if someones willing to sell me a few at a decent rate? Anyways, back to the wallet I replaced the folder with the fresh unzipped one and so far so good. The chain is slooooooww but that is being investigated and it is progressing so now I just sit and wait!  Cheesy

We are close to having a web wallet, and also check out MRKLYE's post a few posts above this, he has a public ledger going where you can buy/sell CRE for BTC
It was only the wind.
Some notes on the download/sync process

Some of you have had trouble when doing the initial sync with the client. Code below is taken from debug.log and is an example of the type of problem.

Code:
2015-04-27 21:15:58 ERROR: Bitcredit: ConnectTip() : ConnectBlock 000000005fc6f4b75a16b644bc1bd975ec71e7bdfab3144d84915d0efae490d2 failed
2015-04-27 21:15:58 ERROR: Bitcredit: AcceptBlock() : ReceivedBlockTransactions failed
2015-04-27 21:15:58 ERROR: Bitcredit: ProcessBlock() : AcceptBlock FAILED
2015-04-27 21:15:58 Bitcredit: ConnectTip() : No tmp db created, in fast forward state, claim tip is -335816 bitcoin blocks ahead
2015-04-27 21:15:58 ERROR: Bitcredit: Bitcoin block to check for claiming 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 not found in bitcoin blockchain!

Investigations are ongoing. As it seems, the problem appears when the Bitcoin blockchain has been downloaded and the Credits blockchain download is starting. I am aware of what the problem is, there is an inconsistency in the chainstate db that links Bitcoin and Credits together. I do not know yet the exact reason for why this inconsistency happens. But investigations are ongoing.

Testing on several machines are happening in parallel. Everything worked out well when doing a reindex on a Ubuntu machine, so the error does not always appear.

Be careful to shutdown the client/wallet in the normal way. Killing the process may cause inconsistencies if db writing is happening at that moment!

Reindex on Ubuntu 14.04, i7 quad core processor, result:
- Good connection, physical line, 10-100MB line.
- Version 0.9.1.30 of Credits-Qt client.
- Took about 10 hours.
- All green, both chains in sync. Everything worked out fine.

Currently sync from scratch on Windows 7 and Ubuntu is ongoing in parallel.
Looks interesting Smiley

Any online exchange for it ?

There have been a welcome thread running here for some time where newcomers have been given 10 CRE as well. If you install the client and sync the blockchains (it includes the Bitcoin blockchain as well) I'll send you 10 CRE as a welcome gift.

The working directory is best installed from a torrent provided here:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517
It was only the wind.

Well, while I'm sitting here waiting, it'd be great if you'd give me the output of getwork to look over. Works from the debug console.

{
"midstate" : "c25d21dfba0c7ddff059ec94ca5b04b1982845ff5c1a48f9fa98f1f6c2653ea8",
"data" : "000000016f05e1c9f096b3fbe2cd3d8b8deda68a76e90391d63f41d70852a3aa00000000a9c1fef 85cb9855993d257d2215609c3bfef14ed6c56f152a37782c3ff528d0bc68abbc4952d5b1f15cff4 80435a25667375de69037bec410000000000000000ced3fa32fe3b8f390c2687ce3a9728a999654 95fecf077eb08d854f5",
"hash1" : "0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000800000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010000",
"target" : "0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000005850b00000000"
}

I would take the info in here with a LARGE grain of salt because getwork hasn't been updated or verified to work after release. Coin still to young and other areas have had more focus. There are comments specifically for this function in the code that it will be reviewed and probably not work for the moment.

But if you want some other specifics I could probably give it to you.

All I want is a correct data parameter from getwork - I couldn't care less about the midstate at this point. If you've got the correct hash for it, making it a test vector, that'd be even better.
Looks interesting Smiley

No, not yet. We are in the process of contacting exchanges to get the coin onto them.

MRKLYE here is however running a buy/sell public ledger. You can contact him if you are interested in buying.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
Credits (CRE) is now trading for BTC

For an up to date ledger of bids and asks please visit this document: Credits (CRE) - Buy and Sell

If you would like to purchase or sell some Credits (CRE) please either post below or PM me!
(Alternatively if you prefer you can email me or send me a message on the contact form of kingklye.com)

Alternatively join the Credits IRC channel freenode.net #CreditsCurrency

Escrow is available and if any more well known member of the forum would like to offer their hand for escrow purposes would be swell.

Please use the following formatting when placing bids or asks to help me process them as quick as possible:

If you would like to buy Credits (CRE):
Code:
BID: 100 CRE @ 0.01 BTC

If you would like to sell Credits (CRE):
Code:
ASK: 100 CRE @ 0.01 BTC

Thank you to everyone interested in mining, trading and being part of Bitcredit!
Happy mining!

KLYE
It was only the wind.

Ok, you are a bit out on a ledge here since running from the builds hasn't been very thoroughly tested. I would still recommend the torrent file, but go ahead and try a reindex if you want to. I'll give any support I can.

Reindex appears to be working. Just... you know, slowly. Tongue

Yeah, hope so. The critical part is (unfortunately) when you change from Bitcoin blockchain reindex to Credits blockchain reindex. That's when the chainstate keeping track of the in-between Credits and Bitcoin state might get messed up.

Still not reconsidering dl'ing the torrent?

I AM downloading the torrent, I just want it done faster. If I don't need the torrent, I'll finish the DL and seed anyways.

I get it! Would like to get you started with the client/mining, so just write here or PM with any questions.

Well, while I'm sitting here waiting, it'd be great if you'd give me the output of getwork to look over. Works from the debug console.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast
Looks interesting Smiley

There are no exchanges right now that accept it. You could ask buy some credits from current miners, like myself  Cheesy
Also another miner by the name of Kyle accepts exchanges for bitcoin.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
Looks interesting Smiley

Rules of engagement - how deposits work

This is a description of the functionality of deposits and their role in the block creation process.
It can also be found at: http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=755

In this description there are two roles that acts to create a block, miner and depositor. In many cases both roles are the same entity. But as time passes they will probably separate into two distinct roles.

Every block must have between one and ten deposits added to it. A deposit is a transaction, holding an amount of CRE, usually sent to an address that the depositor controls. One specific functionality separates a deposit transaction from a normal transaction, namely an extra public key that is used by the depositor to approve the inclusion in a block, when the block is assembled.

A miner creates a block in the normal way. Each block has a requirement for deposits that should be added to the block. Depositors can offer up deposits for inclusion in a block. The miner selects a number of deposits that they want to include.

Once a block has been assembled, the miner informs the depositors that their deposit has been selected for inclusion in a block that the miner is about to create. If the depositor approves of the inclusion in the block, they use their private key to sign the whole block, thereby approving it. This is what the extra public key that is included in a deposit transaction is for.

When all signatures have been gathered the miner can start hashing the block to find a solution to the normal hashing challenge. Eventually a block is found.

When the block is found and announced, all deposits will be locked into the block until they are released 15 000 blocks later.

Where do the deposit requirement come from?
 - The rules are actually quite simple. The required deposit for each block is 1 / 30 000 of the total monetary base. The total monetary base is all coins that have been created up until that block, plus all coins that have been claimed from Bitcoin up until that block. So for example, if 100 000 Bitcoins have been claimed and we are at block 18 000 where all blocks have given a reward of 40 CRE, the total monetary base will be 18 000 * 40 + 100 000 = 820 000 CRE.
The required deposit for next block will then be 820 000 / 30 000 = 27.33 CRE.
Yes, this means that the deposit requirement will continue to rise when new blocks are mined. For example when 18 000 000 of all CRE have been mined or obtained through claiming, the required deposit will be 18 000 000 / 30 000 = 600 CRE per block.

What happens if the full required deposit isn’t added?
A block must have at least one deposit transaction with a non zero output. If the deposit isn’t fulfilled, the difficulty for the block for that individual miner will raise with a factor calculated from the amount of missing deposits. If the requirement is 50 CRE and only 25 CRE have been added as deposit, the difficulty will double.
For example, if the difficulty is 120, and only 25 CRE of the required 50 CRE are added to the block, the difficulty for that specific miner will double to 240.

One extra effect will also occur when half of all coins (15 000 000) have been mined. On top of the higher difficulty, the reward will also be lowered in the same way. With a reward of 80 CRE, requirements for 50 CRE as deposit, and only 25 CRE given, the maximum reward that can be gained from the block is 80 * (25 / 50) = 40 CRE.

But I’m already mining and I haven’t created any deposits?
Actually you have, its just the software that is taking care of it automatically for you. The reward (coinbase) that is added to each block can be spent directly by a deposit transaction in the same block. As long as the reward for a block is higher than the required deposit, all miners can use the reward and add it to cover the full deposit. There’s a tipping point at approximately block 33 000 when the deposit requirement will become larger than the reward. At first, it doesn’t really make much of a difference, since the difficulty will only be marginally higher for miners without extra deposits. But as the blockchain progresses, the requirement to add extra deposits will grow larger and larger.

Must I lockup the whole reward in deposit if I use it as input to a deposit transaction?
No. A deposit can send coins to two outputs. The first output, which always must exist, is the deposit output. Once included in a block, it can not be used in any way for 15 000 blocks.
The other output, which is optional, is the deposit change output.
To this output all extra coins can be sent. The deposit change can be used after the same time as it takes rewards to mature, that is, after 101 blocks.
It was only the wind.

Ok, you are a bit out on a ledge here since running from the builds hasn't been very thoroughly tested. I would still recommend the torrent file, but go ahead and try a reindex if you want to. I'll give any support I can.

Reindex appears to be working. Just... you know, slowly. Tongue

Yeah, hope so. The critical part is (unfortunately) when you change from Bitcoin blockchain reindex to Credits blockchain reindex. That's when the chainstate keeping track of the in-between Credits and Bitcoin state might get messed up.

Still not reconsidering dl'ing the torrent?

I AM downloading the torrent, I just want it done faster. If I don't need the torrent, I'll finish the DL and seed anyways.
The Bitcredit chain is taking forever, I went to sleep for four hours and it only downloaded about maybe 60 blocks since then. Anyway to speed it up?

That sounds strange. Are you saying that you have unpacked the directory from the torrent and synching the last part that wasn't included in the torrent? That should happen in, 20 minutes or so.

Could you send me a sample of the end of your debug.log file from your working directory? Here or as a PM.
The Bitcredit chain is taking forever, I went to sleep for four hours and it only downloaded about maybe 60 blocks since then. Anyway to speed it up?
Pages:
Jump to: