Pages:
Author

Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD - page 42. (Read 57384 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
This is taking aaaaages to sync... I want to check this coin out, though.

Have you tried the torrent file for speedier sync?
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517

There are some other useful information under the getting started section as well.
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=18

Note that the instructions may refer to "Bitcredit" in some places. The coin changed name to avoid naming conflicts to simply Credits instead, but some of the instructions may not have been updated yet.

Needs more seeders, but I'm sure it'll help; thanks. And I know, I was following the old thread.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
Cinno here guys!
Just started mining!  Wink
16dPGCaYy7bedoTBYH9gZvCcmjUMk6v6LE

Normally I wouldn't send the 10 CRE welcome bonus to a newbie member but I know you from around the forums and net. Smiley

Code:
Date: 2015-04-26 22:14
To: 16dPGCaYy7bedoTBYH9gZvCcmjUMk6v6LE
Debit: -10.00 CRE
Net amount: -10.00 CRE
Transaction ID: a4a9218544b7ed25d2c6ddccf15b3064180ecd64fec92d514607c4522a602109-000

Sent sir. Good luck with your mining!
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

There are some other useful information under the getting started section as well.

Note that the instructions may refer to "Bitcredit" in some places. The coin changed name to avoid naming conflicts to simply Credits instead, but some of the instructions may not have been updated yet.

Needs more seeders, but I'm sure it'll help; thanks. And I know, I was following the old thread.

I can seed for a bit when I'm home, might help.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Activity: 280
Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

Activity: 294
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager
is there trick to mining this coin?

setgenerate true ..been running it for 2 hrs and 0 coins...

Block time is 15 minutes, so 4 blocks in 1 hour. Patience... :-)
Have Xeon E5 and waiting for block almost 12 hours...

See reply above. Difficulty increased quite a lot around block 10000.

ok course Gabriel.
Sometimes mine block every hour...

Block times have gotten slower since we had a huge spike in network hashtags earlier this week, resulting in a difficulty spike and the network hash rate dropped.

Difficulty should re-evaluate soon, to allow for a quicker block time.
Activity: 268
Merit: 252

ok course Gabriel.
Sometimes mine block every hour...
No, you do not have to import the entire wallet.dat file.

You can use the console in Credits-Qt and use the command bitcoin_importprivkey to import one single private key. Issue the command and then run restart the client with -bitcoin_rescan.

Oh! I see now Smiley Apologies for the confusion, it seemed a bit...dangerous, but after reading up some of the things posted (apologies for not doing so earlierr) the process makes a lot more sense!

No worries. If you are interested in trying it out I can help you if you have any problems or want further explanations. Send a message here or on the forum.
http://credits-currency.org
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
Code:
Date: 2015-04-26 15:02
To: 1EuyfphhfPhvWgofCr5P79mBx6JQaXvreT
Debit: -10.00 CRE
Net amount: -10.00 CRE
Transaction ID: b69905387c458816a9248f91a4fc35fb72b5072c359b759d808bb131882f9471-000

Sent sir. Welcome to Credits!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

You can use the console in Credits-Qt and use the command bitcoin_importprivkey to import one single private key. Issue the command and then run restart the client with -bitcoin_rescan.

Oh! I see now Smiley Apologies for the confusion, it seemed a bit...dangerous, but after reading up some of the things posted (apologies for not doing so earlierr) the process makes a lot more sense!
you don't have to import your bitcoin if you don't want to it is optional really only if you want to exchange bitcoin for cred, I have not imported any bitcoin or my bitcoin wallets and I have been mining it. Just it is a sidechain to bitcoin so it runs the bitcoin chain as well as the credit chain.

Well I assumed it would not be a requirement Smiley

But if you would do so, it puts your private keys at risk as you need to import the entire wallet.dat file, correct?

What is it with these new coins launching and asking you to import your Bitcoin wallet? Maybe I'm missing something but this sounds very risky, no?

You only have to import your wallet if you are interested in claiming (in a non spending way) credits from Bitcoin.
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19

A way to do the claiming in a completely safe way is described in the link above.

I would recommend you to also look through the Getting started section on the forum:
you don't have to import your bitcoin if you don't want to it is optional really only if you want to exchange bitcoin for cred, I have not imported any bitcoin or my bitcoin wallets and I have been mining it. Just it is a sidechain to bitcoin so it runs the bitcoin chain as well as the credit chain.

Well I assumed it would not be a requirement Smiley

But if you would do so, it puts your private keys at risk as you need to import the entire wallet.dat file, correct?

The difficulty is for the moment 22, this means that if you have a machine that gives 3 mhash/s you will get a block approximately every 10th hour. This value can differ a lot due to randomness of the mining process.
Activity: 38
What is it with these new coins launching and asking you to import your Bitcoin wallet? Maybe I'm missing something but this sounds very risky, no?

Activity: 268
Merit: 252

Activity: 448

I'm running creditsd. If it's just a display issue I can live with it. I just don't want to lose my coins ^^

The error message that you are seeing is ONLY a warning telling that the flag I described is set to false. It affects nothing else. It won't make you loose any coins.

Does the client start as intended or does it halt on the error?

no, it's just running/mining fine. Maybe you can add release tags to the git repo so i can only check out release versions with the flag correctly set in the future Smiley

Ok good. Then all is well.

There are release branches and tags. The branches are named "release-version-0.9.1.xx". The tags are named "version-0.9.1.xx".
Pages:
Jump to: