Pages:
Author

Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD - page 44. (Read 57384 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Credits [CRE] - Community Manager
Credits version 0.9.1.30 released

A new version of the Credits client has been released. This is a renaming release reflecting the update to the new name Credits. The client is mostly updated but references to the old name may appear in some parts of the client. Updates will continue to be done in the following releases.

Make a copy your existing version, replace it with the new version and start it instead. The transition should be seamless.

Downloads can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=5

Should be as easy as closing down the client if its running, and running the new version to update, to those folks already running the client!
Activity: 280
Lead developer of Credits [CRE]
Credits version 0.9.1.30 released

A new version of the Credits client has been released. This is a renaming release reflecting the update to the new name Credits. The client is mostly updated but references to the old name may appear in some parts of the client. Updates will continue to be done in the following releases.

Make a copy your existing version, replace it with the new version and start it instead. The transition should be seamless.

Downloads can be found at:
http://credits-currency.org/viewforum.php?f=5
I'll give a short explanation here about the rationale behind the link to Bitcoin.

The main purpose of the claiming process is to enable a transition from one currency to another currency with what we consider to be superior properties.

At the same time, the claiming process gives an initial distribution of the coin supply, to prevent centralisation of coin ownership. A wide distribution is vital for the deposit system to be as safe as possible.

Every time someone claims a credit from Bitcoin the value of the work put into creating the bitcoin is duplicated into Credits. Simplified you could say that the proof-of-work done to create the bitcoin will secure Credits to the same extent.

In this situation it is only natural to choose the system with the most value put into it to the current date. That is, by far, Bitcoin.

A system where several coins can be linked into Credits, is possible, but much more complex. The value it brings is for the moment too small considering the complexity that comes with it at the same time.

MickGhee: This is what I meant... the dev explains it better Wink
I'll give a short explanation here about the rationale behind the link to Bitcoin.

The main purpose of the claiming process is to enable a transition from one currency to another currency with what we consider to be superior properties.

At the same time, the claiming process gives an initial distribution of the coin supply, to prevent centralisation of coin ownership. A wide distribution is vital for the deposit system to be as safe as possible.

Every time someone claims a credit from Bitcoin the value of the work put into creating the bitcoin is duplicated into Credits. Simplified you could say that the proof-of-work done to create the bitcoin will secure Credits to the same extent.

In this situation it is only natural to choose the system with the most value put into it to the current date. That is, by far, Bitcoin.

A system where several coins can be linked into Credits, is possible, but much more complex. The value it brings is for the moment too small considering the complexity that comes with it at the same time.

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Okay never mind that....  This as a sidechain app would be more valuable if it weren't tied to 1 chain
the most successful organisms are the ones which adapt the best

Now do u get it

You might be right however

First in best dressed usually wins and in this case I'll go with that (BTC)

People not like you and me have enough trouble understanding what even a bitcoin is

The rest is a side show (you and your thoughts are not discredited but included - no offence intended)

But feel free to submit opinion on this thinking
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Fucker of "the system"
Okay never mind that....  This as a sidechain app would be more valuable if it weren't tied to 1 chain
the most successful organisms are the ones which adapt the best

Now do u get it
You totally missed the point bro ... Bitcoin WILL go down and be replaced by a more transparent flexible faster vehicle.  So why not make CRE adaptable for any chain

(Btw im not saying btc is done I'm just saying it won't be the currency it will be the reserve)

Wrong it won't

---> see my prediction in coinshield thread Wink

I agree, I see bitcoin as the spearhead for innovation, it doesn't seem that new to us anymore but the world is waiting for adoption.

CRE backing on BTC is a good idea in my opinion.
You totally missed the point bro ... Bitcoin WILL go down and be replaced by a more transparent flexible faster vehicle.  So why not make CRE adaptable for any chain

(Btw im not saying btc is done I'm just saying it won't be the currency it will be the reserve)

Wrong it won't

---> see my prediction in coinshield thread Wink
legendary
Fucker of "the system"
Glad to see the new ANN hopefully the name change will help bring more people onboard the CRE train Cheesy

Glad to hear that you find it interesting. Make sure to dig into the code to see why for yourself why it is a game changer.

since you seem to not have noticed yours is the third coin to use *credits.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitcredits-credits-new-coin-launch-19th-january-2014-412591

Nothing constructive to say?

We are aware of a *dead* coin using Credits. Thank you for your input.

+1

come on guys lets all be nice this looks good and bitcredits looks good they are two different mechanisms entirely and are in no way competing for users ..  if we all support each others ideas and help each other eventually a clear winner will emerge if we are all co-operating then we will all have each others coins when that winner does show itself ...  lets not forget the point ... some inbred lord of the bank just sits back and prints the currency for free and lends it into the economy at interest making us all slaves. ...the purpose of crypto is to put the power of money back into the peoples hands be it pow pod  or just plain giving it away on facebook ( i am a stong supporter of the work to eat initiative however)  we all need to stand behind each other so we can beat them   DIVIDE AND CONQUER  god i thought u people were smart  i for one will support ANY IDEA because if u keep drawing from the deck eventually you lay gin....

Fuck this idea, but wait its an idea

Mine every new coin for 5 days hoping one of them wins? I like it.

Then do whatever u can to make it happen
legendary
Fucker of "the system"

Glad to see the new ANN hopefully the name change will help bring more people onboard the CRE train Cheesy

Glad to hear that you find it interesting. Make sure to dig into the code to see why for yourself why it is a game changer.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitcredits-credits-new-coin-launch-19th-january-2014-412591

+1

come on guys lets all be nice this looks good and bitcredits looks good they are two different mechanisms entirely and are in no way competing for users ..  if we all support each others ideas and help each other eventually a clear winner will emerge if we are all co-operating then we will all have each others coins when that winner does show itself ...  lets not forget the point ... some inbred lord of the bank just sits back and prints the currency for free and lends it into the economy at interest making us all slaves. ...the purpose of crypto is to put the power of money back into the peoples hands be it pow pod  or just plain giving it away on facebook ( i am a stong supporter of the work to eat initiative however)  we all need to stand behind each other so we can beat them   DIVIDE AND CONQUER  god i thought u people were smart  i for one will support ANY IDEA because if u keep drawing from the deck eventually you lay gin....

Mine every new coin for 5 days hoping one of them wins? I like it.

+1

Update on roadmap ahead

After some discussion the issue that has been ranked highest on the roadmap is Adding bitcoin client capabilities. By enabling Bitcoin send/receive and other features the Credits wallet client could be used as the single wallet client for a Bitcoin user. More info on development will follow. Description from roadmap added below for reference.

If you have opinions on the direction the development should be heading, add them here.

------------------------

- Adding Bitcoin client capabilities. Since the client is already downloading and tracking the Bitcoin blockchain adding the possibility to send Bitcoins from the client is quite straightforward. There are also other features of the Bitcoin client that could be incorporated, effectively turning the Credits client into a Bitcoin client as well. Those features would remove the need to store the Bitcoin blockchain twice, if a user also has a Bitcoin client installed. This will enable a user to forget about the Bitcoin client altogether and instead use the Credits client for both Bitcoin and Credits.

Let me add this. If let's say doge becomes the dominate coin ..  Maybe add a feature to allow for adapting that chain  We are all in alts because we all see why btc  can't win.. why anchor yourself to the titanic?

Any way I think the main brilliance of this coin is its a template foradding applications to the blockchain. Others might not see what is possible but I do

My question is... how would DOGE become the more dominant coin? Let it die man xD

If he's going to anchor to anything, bitcoin would be the best bet IMO. I think he's only using the bitcoin blockchain for verification purposes and also adding the dual-client abilities simply to attract more users to adopt CRE, which isn't necessarily a bad thing atm.

As for the your second statement, I totally agree. Hence why I'm backing this coin 100%!
legendary
Fucker of "the system"
Update on roadmap ahead

After some discussion the issue that has been ranked highest on the roadmap is Adding bitcoin client capabilities. By enabling Bitcoin send/receive and other features the Credits wallet client could be used as the single wallet client for a Bitcoin user. More info on development will follow. Description from roadmap added below for reference.

If you have opinions on the direction the development should be heading, add them here.

------------------------

- Adding Bitcoin client capabilities. Since the client is already downloading and tracking the Bitcoin blockchain adding the possibility to send Bitcoins from the client is quite straightforward. There are also other features of the Bitcoin client that could be incorporated, effectively turning the Credits client into a Bitcoin client as well. Those features would remove the need to store the Bitcoin blockchain twice, if a user also has a Bitcoin client installed. This will enable a user to forget about the Bitcoin client altogether and instead use the Credits client for both Bitcoin and Credits.

Let me add this. If let's say doge becomes the dominate coin ..  Maybe add a feature to allow for adapting that chain  We are all in alts because we all see why btc  can't win.. why anchor yourself to the titanic?

Any way I think the main brilliance of this coin is its a template foradding applications to the blockchain. Others might not see what is possible but I do
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Look forward to that feature, will see if I can think of anything else I think people would like to see. Keep up the good work Cheesy
Update on roadmap ahead

------------------------

Wow, sweet Gabriel! That should make it much easier for newer users to adopt. Can't wait to be able to delete my BTC blockchain double xD
Update on roadmap ahead

------------------------

Didn't you also have a bid/ask ledger set up in the meantime until we hit an exchange? If you're still running that, post it up! Cheesy

yeah he does and you can find it here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tYgyV1oUyQUCcJ1K9Q70AGEEAIH3uAAI5RlHRhDM800/edit

Awesome! So I guess if anyone wants to make a buy/sell just post in this thread or email him from the contact info in that spreadsheet.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0

Didn't you also have a bid/ask ledger set up in the meantime until we hit an exchange? If you're still running that, post it up! Cheesy

yeah he does and you can find it here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tYgyV1oUyQUCcJ1K9Q70AGEEAIH3uAAI5RlHRhDM800/edit
10 Credits welcome bonus for new miners!

Anyone (full member or above) who wants to check out Credits can receive a 10 CRE welcome from myself!

Post your address below to get 10 Credits!

Be advised the whole BTC blockchain is required for Credits to function. (This is a Bitcoin soft sidechain after all)
Please ensure you have ~45GB of free hard-drive space before starting the installation and sync process.

KLYE is not affiliated with nor part of the Credits development team in any way, The CRE given away here are mined by myself. Smiley
I retain the right to deny the welcome bonus if I feel people are abusing it and/or multi-accounting in order to abuse this giveaway.
This offer is good for 50 Bitcointalk.org users ranked full member or above, and may be cancelled at any time deemed necessary.

Credits given away so far: 70 / 500 CRE

Good luck and happy mining!

KLYE

*edit: I should read before posting when copying from the old thread.

Pages:
Jump to: