Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 13. (Read 4492 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0
June 11, 2018, 02:27:01 PM
It is difficult to prove by police because bitcoin transactions are pseudonymous. All transactions that have been done at the same time. Bitcoin balances possessed by someone can be seen, but we do not know who the owner of the Bitcoin address.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
June 11, 2018, 02:12:48 PM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Well i think Unfortunately, criminals can always find many ways. Criminals are always present in every time and society, they are using different currencies for their different purposes. The same is true of Bitcoin, which was created to be able to send tokens of a certain value between users without the participation of financial institutions.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
June 11, 2018, 01:59:53 PM
Criminals much more using banks and fiat
There is possible hide everything in banks books but not possible to hide in blockchain
Any kind of criminal activity may happen trough exchanges same way like it done
in case of stock markets
Activity: 81
June 11, 2018, 01:55:58 PM
There is often public misconception that Bitcoin is mostly used by criminals, but nothing could be further from the truth. This is mainly because many people think Bitcoin is anonymous, when in fact it’s the opposite - all Bitcoin transactions are transparent for the whole world to see. People might not be able to link the identity to Bitcoin right away but once they do, they can track everything you’ve ever done on the Bitcoin network. This makes it a particularly bad tool for illicit use.
Activity: 640
Merit: 104
June 11, 2018, 01:44:58 PM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

I really do not like the criminals who do bad deeds in bitcoin. those who commit criminals will damage the bitcoin price to be cheap and will reduce the popularity of bitcoin users. governments across the country will undoubtedly make rules and will monitor the development of bitcoins so criminals can be arrested and punished.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
June 11, 2018, 01:38:38 PM
For any financial instrument there is a draw back, do you think terrorists and illegal things not happening in paper currency? Each currency has their own positives and negatives and as per my knowledge I think it is easy to trace the users of crypto through block chain rather then tracing someone from paper currency.
Activity: 78
June 11, 2018, 01:34:12 PM
bitcoin is just a tool in hands of criminals like and fiat money that is also used for illegal activity. so we can't blame cryptocurrency in illegal actions.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
June 11, 2018, 01:29:30 PM

I read in the article that many darknet markets decided not to accept Bitcoins anymore as a form of payment, since this is the largest crypto currency and has been closely watched by law enforcement agencies. Some analytical companies can now track illegal actions, such as money laundering and other criminal cases, so criminals choose an alternative in the form of other coins.
Activity: 210
June 11, 2018, 01:17:00 PM
Actually theres a possibility that in bitcoin theres a criminal that all them wants is to gain a huge amount of money for their own goods even if is bad to do at all, In short they want to gain an income in easy way.  It is evident that nowadays almost many cases with the use of bitcoin. drugs, fraud, fake investments and much more. they all use bitcoin for that.
Activity: 308
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
June 11, 2018, 12:08:24 PM
I strongly agree with your opinion that many criminals use bitcoin, which is why the government does not legalize bitcoin because it is difficult to control bitcoin transactions, but it is not a crime created by bitcoin, but the community and the people themselves who use bitcoin in places wrong. Not only with bitcoin with fiat money was a lot of crime.

By using bitcoin, criminals easily make transactions without being noticed by anyone though the government. the transaction here can not be traced, therefore the government does not legalize bitcoin.
Not going to deny that, bitcoin is surely used by criminals, its because its characteristics to be used for transactions anonymously. We cannot blame bitcoin for that because it was created to be uncontrollable and anonymously, The users is the one to blame because it is the one who used it for bad things. Bitcoin is good but also bad when used for wrong.

It is also used as an easy way to steal/hold someone ransom. There are a few examples in Thailand of people known to have BTC being held up.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 261
June 11, 2018, 11:50:53 AM
I strongly agree with your opinion that many criminals use bitcoin, which is why the government does not legalize bitcoin because it is difficult to control bitcoin transactions, but it is not a crime created by bitcoin, but the community and the people themselves who use bitcoin in places wrong. Not only with bitcoin with fiat money was a lot of crime.

By using bitcoin, criminals easily make transactions without being noticed by anyone though the government. the transaction here can not be traced, therefore the government does not legalize bitcoin.
Not going to deny that, bitcoin is surely used by criminals, its because its characteristics to be used for transactions anonymously. We cannot blame bitcoin for that because it was created to be uncontrollable and anonymously, The users is the one to blame because it is the one who used it for bad things. Bitcoin is good but also bad when used for wrong.
Activity: 462
Merit: 102
June 11, 2018, 11:39:28 AM

This the kind of trade-off we have to live with if we are to continue to use bitcoins on a daily basis. Hackers will be paid in bitcoins. Untraceable and clean. But this does not justify that bitcoins are evil and will be used for that matter. It is only a medium for trade like foat money.
Activity: 182
June 11, 2018, 10:56:23 AM

I think any forms of money digital can be used by criminals in their bad activities the only different in bitcoin it is very hard to find the criminal and mostly government authorities don't have enough knowledge hoiw they can trace transaction considering that funds is transfer to different wallet addresses which is hard to identify the owner.
Activity: 112
June 11, 2018, 10:35:18 AM
Yes Agree, bitcoin is also by used criminal and i this is just normal because any forms of money can be used in illegal activities., criminal like hackers and terrorists and illegal traders will always finds its way to get what they want and even banks which protected by high security are also victim of bad people.
Activity: 248
Merit: 100
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
June 11, 2018, 09:57:37 AM
One of the disadvantages of bitcoin is this, as it can be used by anyone, many people used it in this kind of manner. So instead of bitcoin having a good reputation eventually it'll be called scam because people use bitcoin to get their victims by investing to them. Some used bitcoin to buy and sell drugs, worst some use bitcoin for human trafficking.
Activity: 448
CRYPTOCITIZEN $CCASH
June 11, 2018, 09:54:15 AM
I don't think bitcoin is related with criminals. Crime is happened with other currency also. So criminal and bitcoin is not related.
Activity: 122
June 11, 2018, 09:53:05 AM

I think bitcoin is not responsible for this. Criminal does its crime somehow and everywhere. Before bitcoin here is a crime already exists. so crime can happen anywhere and anytime
Activity: 129
June 11, 2018, 09:47:08 AM
Users of Bitcoin and other crypto's need to be extra careful when transacting. Making use of the authy app is a good way to stop hackers. Also when sending coin, please always cross check to know you are sending to the right source, i once recieved over $500 from an unknown sender, which i guess was an error in transaction but overall, one has to be on the watch and be security conscious at all times. We can all help the Bitcoin community if we are always at red alert
Activity: 481
June 11, 2018, 09:31:12 AM
Regarding the news about bitcoin being abused by criminals to relay their illegal transactions especially the ones that are mediated to the internet, I don't think it shpuld outshadow bitcoin's benefits and give it a bad reputation. First of all, fiat money is more connected to crime than bitcoin. A lot of crimes committed is somewhat linked to money.
Activity: 425
June 11, 2018, 09:23:22 AM
I think to put a solution to this, teams at Bitcoin should work with police forces or police forces should implement a department pertaining to illegal transactions in cryptocurrency. This way they can have a person inside the flow to monitor transactions or to monitor suspicious people that can possibly illegal.
Pages:
Jump to: