Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 11. (Read 4492 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
June 12, 2018, 07:47:14 AM
Hmm haven't we discussed this to death?

It is not possible for the police or any entity to tell, just by looking the transactions themselves. In fact, without any actual link to evidence, the transactions can't be identified. If the authority can get one of the addresses/transactions involved, they could get the whole link of addresses that are related but that isn't possible all the time and its rather inaccurate and useless.
I agree that this is impossible because it is a completely different area for this. And for now, I think it's going to be very difficult to turn anything. So don't worry about it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
June 12, 2018, 05:15:39 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Criminals will always be anywhere you go, even in churches there are criminals in our government and we cannot stop them instantly because every people have their own freedom of mind they can do whatever they wanted even if that is bad. And in this case of course bad people also can adapt in the new happenings in the world. They van know access bitcoins too and some.of them are using them because that is untraceable. So if you ever known a people who are doing it just stay away and do not be a part of those people who ruined the name of the bitcoin
Activity: 406
June 12, 2018, 05:11:08 AM
Many people think that the use of bitcoin to the wrong people like criminals. All bitcoin transactions are transparent and everyone in the world can see all the ongoing bitcoin transactions.

So sometimes bitcoins are called pseudo anonymous but they do find them and they can see all the transactions you have made to bitcoin networks, Bitcoin is the wrong way if you use them for things that are not true. Cool
Activity: 91
Merit: 0
June 12, 2018, 04:39:58 AM
with high bitcoin prices making criminals look for loopholes to get in any way to be able to get it government with persistent demands on crime on earth as well as high price bitcoins make people look for loopholes to get it even in the wrong way
Activity: 158
June 12, 2018, 04:32:36 AM
Crime, terrorism, murder, money laundering have been around for a long time and I think bitcoin is not the only reason why people commit crimes.
Greed and envy that make people commit crimes. Bitcoin is just money, and people are responsible for their behavior.
Activity: 106
June 12, 2018, 04:18:12 AM
Criminals depart from the use of bitcoin in favor of other digital currencies, which for law enforcement agencies are more severe when tracking activity in an anonymous corner of the Internet.
Activity: 231
June 12, 2018, 04:06:17 AM
Hmm haven't we discussed this to death?

It is not possible for the police or any entity to tell, just by looking the transactions themselves. In fact, without any actual link to evidence, the transactions can't be identified. If the authority can get one of the addresses/transactions involved, they could get the whole link of addresses that are related but that isn't possible all the time and its rather inaccurate and useless.
It might be true that some criminals might have been using bitcoin in doing illegal or criminal things but we can't say the medium is the reason for all those abhorrent things but instead the person who does it.
Activity: 154
June 12, 2018, 04:00:38 AM
Governments and media have always played on your psychology by associating bitcoins with criminals so as to discourage people from using bitcoins.now we know the lies and why they have been telling it.bitcoin is a good thing.
copper member
Activity: 39
Merit: 5
June 12, 2018, 03:57:01 AM
The crime and all the things they do illegal is at that time there was no bitcoin yet all that things is happening already, the government just did it and the media was there to blame them because they could not solve it just by them so they all over bitcoin and crypto.
Activity: 240
Merit: 11
Be Positive Always!
June 12, 2018, 03:55:17 AM
criminals will happen anywhere in this world whether they like it or not. but government like to blame bitcoin for what bitcoin didnt do. if we shut the internet out for good i think we all will live like a cave man until now. im pretty sure they can settle this problem someday.
Activity: 155
Merit: 1
June 12, 2018, 03:49:07 AM
It is very true if bitcoin is used as a medium for criminal transactions. Bitcoin with all the amenities makes it easy for users to commit crimes without anyone knowing. Of course this makes the crime increasingly mushrooming because the transaction can be very easy. The possibility is very small if our transaction is known by the police. Policing is very difficult to trace these transactions because in bitcoin they use anonymity. Bitcoin as technology has already done its part to facilitate human work. But, the greatness of this technology is instead abused so that the need to be picked up is the behavior and thoughts of its users who should be more responsible.
Activity: 22
June 12, 2018, 03:34:54 AM
Stealing or criminalism would still persist.Terrorism and other illegal activities were still on record because we now associate every bad act to the adven I think blockchain or bitcoin technology is the same as any other public facility, everyone has two possibilities in its use between good and evil. every criminal will continue to look for opportunities in narrow. at least we use trusted safeguards on accounts and assets we have from evil deeds or acts of break-ins.cryptos.
Activity: 71
Merit: 1
Tech enthusiast, SEO jedi, Crypto investor.
June 12, 2018, 03:31:26 AM
The problem is definitely the society and it's people but it's the society only who can respond to it in the right way and try to stop this.

Spot on. Long as people want to abuse something, they will abuse it.  Cry
Activity: 5
June 12, 2018, 01:27:14 AM
The problem is definitely the society and it's people but it's the society only who can respond to it in the right way and try to stop this.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”
June 12, 2018, 01:26:24 AM
Since the beginning before any bitcoin, criminality already exists in all areas. Moreover, bitcoin offers anonymous transactions that are actually aiming well, but bad guys must have just the gaps found to commit crime. Bitcoin does not provide that facility for bad people, no. Some bitcoin scams have been tracked and investigated by police. Well if bitcoin is used to buy drugs and circulate, it seems that is still difficult to trace. But I think the police have worked hard for it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 33
June 12, 2018, 01:17:34 AM
We all know that they are using cryptocurrencies in the darkweb. Yes its true, but so? Before cryptocurrencies, criminals also used other payments method. Its also so easy to sell drugs and pay with paypal and write money for used computer parts, how theywant to know? Criminals use fiat money too, so do we wanna discuss to bann fiat money? Just think right before saying soemthing like that!
Activity: 112
June 12, 2018, 01:15:31 AM
if bitcoin directly in say as a tool of criminals of course that is wrong because bitcoin has a myriad of benefits of goodness. I'm sure if any party can see this as mutual agreement for both because these criminals things just making bad of Bitcoin popularity.
Activity: 12
June 12, 2018, 01:11:20 AM
Criminals use the USD for crime so does that mean that the USD is bad? They also use guns, vehicles, drones, etc. but those things are also neutral. They used bitcoin because it used to be anonymous at the early days. But that does not mean that Bitcoin is bad. Bitcoin is neutral like everything else, it's the people that are bad.
Activity: 303
Merit: 12
June 12, 2018, 01:08:03 AM
bitcoin is not criminal, I say this thus because I believe it is a positive thing and not a crime at all. because we do this in the form of ink on the internet and official.
Activity: 210
June 12, 2018, 12:51:09 AM
Yes, Cryptocurrency world certainly becomes a target for hacker criminals.
Cryptocurrency is a digital currency that is currently worth the price is growing, not a few people intend to want Cryptocurrency for free.
I think we should be alert at all times to crimes in the Cryptocurrency world.
We should always anticipate Crypto's crime. Because to track crime traces in the world of Cryptocurrency is more difficult than in the real world.
Pages:
Jump to: