Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 16. (Read 4492 times)

Activity: 323
Merit: 100
June 09, 2018, 05:35:15 PM
I think it's hard for the police to find the culprit. I think here the problem is with the individual. If a bitcoin is a wise and good person will not commit a crime. Bitcoin is not to blame, it is wrong that only individuals make bitcoin a network for committing a crime.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
June 09, 2018, 05:30:42 PM
Because of the convenience of bitcoin, every bitcoin operation is as anonymous. Because of this, criminals use bitcoin to carry out illegal activities.
Activity: 297
Merit: 10
June 09, 2018, 05:15:07 PM
Criminals and bitcoin is quite alarming. Through the rising demands of bitcoin, the criminals take that as a advantage to escape from the authority and used the services of bitcoin in all fraudulent transactions that they have and that thing is bad because it ruins the name of btc.

This is a bit of a loss for everyone and a benefit for criminals to commit a criminal act safely.
Activity: 191
Merit: 3
June 09, 2018, 05:04:53 PM
It quite unfortunate that Bitcoins is being associated with crime,as much a outlaws are using it to pay for illegal transactions, it doesn't mean that Bitcoin is the reason why they exist, Crime has been there for days in memorial and without Bitcoins these activities would have still been in existence, Bitcoin is just a medium and not a trigger. eliminte BTC and they will find other ways to transact
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
June 09, 2018, 04:56:57 PM
honestly bitcoin is the one which is called simi anonymous, But the platforms such as any crypto exchange or maybe a cloud mining site can store different possible data about their users. so technically they should have information about the users who turned out to be criminals too. Storing the location information or simply storing how many ip addresses are assigned to a single account can also revel many information about criminals.
Activity: 378
June 09, 2018, 04:32:57 PM
There are cryptocurrencies criminals around the world now. They take advantage of the ignorance of the novice around the world. People ignorantly give them their private keys they take all that belong to them.
Activity: 462
Merit: 112
June 09, 2018, 04:19:59 PM
Criminals and bitcoin is quite alarming. Through the rising demands of bitcoin, the criminals take that as a advantage to escape from the authority and used the services of bitcoin in all fraudulent transactions that they have and that thing is bad because it ruins the name of btc.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
June 09, 2018, 02:16:43 PM
 Is bitcoin the originator or crimes? Before the existence of bitcoin crimes has been there bitcoin has nothing to do with this ,criminals have been commiting their crimes and have been making use of fiat.So bitcoin or no bitcoin there will still be crimes.
Activity: 651
Merit: 103
June 09, 2018, 02:16:14 PM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
There is high possibility that the criminals are also using virtual currencies like bitcoin. Bitcoin is a money and they are using the advantage of bitcoin for them to buy or exchange illegal products.
Activity: 812
Merit: 260
June 09, 2018, 02:12:56 PM
I agree with the author of the post, the problem in the society . bitcoin is just a tool and there are many of them, and to replace one always comes another. Blocking bitcoin is stupid-it's like saying that the weapon kills people, because in fact it does not kill the weapon but the people themselves with it.
Exactly! they are using bitcoin as just an instrument but the bitcoin itself is not really a scam, we are just accusing it at first since we don't really know the possible things that could  happen and we are always thinking of the worst scenario and now we are confident enough that it is not.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 228
Omicron is another FUD
June 09, 2018, 02:07:27 PM
I see this is the biggest reason why the Banned Bitcoin government, the finance minister in my country through a press conference said that "Bitcoin is very easy to use by criminals to facilitate their transactions quickly and safely", I know that's true but if he (my finance minister) aware that the Bank is still badly in need to extract money from Bitcoin to fiat currency...in fact, they can more easily track down the criminals.
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
June 09, 2018, 02:05:42 PM
Scammers are interested in bitcoin because of its anonymity. Criminal organizations are also involved in money-laundering operations. That's one of the reasons I'm in favor of state recognition. It's bad enough that some people think of it as a Scam or pyramid theory. The laws will greatly help bitcoin become a mainstream!!

State recognition can help somewhat, but there is no guarantee that the criminals will stop using Bitcoin once it gets regulated. The authorities need to understand that Bitcoin is only one of the several options available for the criminals.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
June 09, 2018, 01:56:19 PM
Law enforcement agencies have certain opportunities to identify the individuals who use bitcoin for a criminal purpose. However, bitcoin with an illegal target is used very rarely - no more than ten percent of cases. This is due precisely to the fact that he has only a relative anonymity. To commit crimes, criminals are more likely to use Monero, ZCash, Dash, which have very good anonymity.
Besides, I do not see any problems at all. New technologies have always attracted criminals and this is only a problem for law enforcement agencies.
Activity: 392
Merit: 126
June 09, 2018, 01:35:06 PM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Why do you start a topic that is impossible to answer. Imagine bitcoin is not now. And that there are no crimes either? And now, Bitcoin is and what crimes have become more? no!!! Therefore, bitcoin is an economic tool that can fall into the hands of both good and bad people. You and I can't affect it, it's a system.
Activity: 140
June 09, 2018, 01:22:02 PM
Scammers are interested in bitcoin because of its anonymity. Criminal organizations are also involved in money-laundering operations. That's one of the reasons I'm in favor of state recognition. It's bad enough that some people think of it as a Scam or pyramid theory. The laws will greatly help bitcoin become a mainstream!!
Activity: 518
Merit: 1
June 09, 2018, 01:16:57 PM
This is just an excuse for those who hate bitcoin and do not settle for their ability to change the world.
There is crime everywhere using fiat and other reserves of value and this is not exclusive of the negotiations with crypto
Activity: 329
Merit: 22
June 09, 2018, 01:07:32 PM
It's an old shoe to push Bitcoin and almost every decetralized cryptocurrency in this corner. I don't think it's an issue there will be everytime such problems as there are criminals there are problems. We need to fight the criminals, not the currency!
Activity: 154
June 09, 2018, 01:00:05 PM
The problem is not BItcoin itself. It's the society. The World needs to be balanced. Good and bad work together for the survival of the world. So those are beyond our limits we can only reduced it but can't eradicate it.
Activity: 280
June 09, 2018, 11:11:51 AM
yes some criminals want to use bitcoin because they know that bitcoin can transact some currency in an almost anonymous way. In the early days of bitcoin, some people use bitcoin to buy some illegal stuff like drugs and more, that is the main reason why bitcoin become controversial, and some country want to prohibit it. We can’t blame bitcoin’s capability because anonymously transacting your currency is superb right.Criminals will make their own way to execute their illegal transactions. They can use whatever medium they want to use. So let us not blame everything to Bitcoin.
Activity: 168
June 09, 2018, 10:58:57 AM
The bad is the person. A good can not make a crime. it would be a crime if it was in the wrong hands. This also applies to bitcoin. A crime usually happens because it is done by evil people. The world is divided into two, good people and bad people. Whatever it is, if it is in the hands of evil, something will be evil anyway.
Pages:
Jump to: