Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 20. (Read 4492 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
June 08, 2018, 01:34:01 AM
Bitcoin is not responsible for this.Criminal commit their crime anyhow.Before bitcoin here was crime and it will be if bitcoin don't exist
Activity: 729
Merit: 250
June 08, 2018, 01:10:10 AM
Currently, some negative news about bitcoin is being reported more and more, both by mass media and electronic media. It is negative that bitcoin is used for crimes such as terrorism, money laundering and so on, affecting bitcoin prices. Bitcoins are often identified with crime, but I think bitcoin is positive and can give good if we use for positive and kindness. some people use bitcoin to commit an evil act, such as money laundering. For it is clear that the real villain is the one who abuses bitcoin instead of bitcoin. because I am sure bitcoin is created for something useful and positive not for evil.
Activity: 43
June 08, 2018, 01:01:23 AM
This is my personal opinion. Wanna cry ransomware cyber attack was due to knowing about me bitcoin. This caused misunderstandings about bitcoin. It would be nice if you could do this way to prevent such a wrong transaction. Bitcoin's uniqueness is common to both good and bad.
Activity: 317
Merit: 1
June 08, 2018, 12:02:52 AM
the reason why the government forbids the use of bitcoin because at this time according to bitcoin has been widely used for crimes because their crimes are difficult to track if the transaction using bitcoin
Activity: 151
June 07, 2018, 11:54:31 PM
Something that happens must have side of pros and cons. Persons who use bitcoin to do something bad and even up to criminality, is someone who wants to destroy the credibility of bitcoin, while users struggle to support and maintain the image of bitcoin to be recognized by the world. Government measures prohibit the circulation of bitcoin because it is feared used for criminality is also not something wrong. At least the government has tried to suppress the crime rate using bitcoin.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
June 07, 2018, 11:41:19 PM
bitcoin is using for the dark web as a payment method and criminals buy weapons drugs and other things through bitcoin and no way to caught or trace them
Thats the point, there is no way to do tracking of crime mafia, even we don't know which bitcoin address they belong to,
because no description whatsoever in every bitcoin transaction, from that bitcoin very often associated with financial crime
Activity: 84
June 07, 2018, 11:21:40 PM
Bitcoin is not guilty,  crime have become part of human nature. Scamming has been since the beginning of life. It was and will be
Activity: 41
June 07, 2018, 08:15:49 PM
Crime, in my opinion, is simply to hire criminals to work for themselves, but the whole pile of money for the police do not make it tired.
Activity: 560
Merit: 104
terra-credit.com
June 07, 2018, 07:33:29 PM
bitcoin is using for the dark web as a payment method and criminals buy weapons drugs and other things through bitcoin and no way to caught or trace them
If talking about the deep web must be full of mystery and secret. Illegal activities such as buying and selling weapons or drugs must be done there, it's just that we as a layman does not know. It could be the transaction using bitcoin or not, I do not know.
In addition, if used trading or investment would be more useful.
Activity: 182
June 07, 2018, 05:52:55 PM
Before the advent of bitcoin and other digital assets, crimes has been perpetuated in several ways using other acceptable modes of payments so one cannot liken the use of bitcoin to illegal and fraudulent activities only...look to the brighter side of the underlying technology and its many merits and functionalities .
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
June 07, 2018, 04:39:40 PM
Everyone has his own personal opinion about bitcoin. I am still extremely skeptical, but I am open to using crypto-loans provided they are properly monitored and regulated as there are too many scams nowadays in the form of ICOs mainly
Activity: 308
June 07, 2018, 12:41:14 PM
Crime has been in existence before bitcoin,bitcoin has nothing to do with the crime that people commit.However criminals use fiat to do their criminal activities so criminals and no criminals bitcoin has absolutely no business with it thanks.
Activity: 448
June 07, 2018, 11:11:29 AM
Even fiat is used by criminals and before the popularity of bitcoin there have been crimes and criminals so bitcoin has absolutely nothing to do with its just been used in an illegal manner just like fiat that does not mean it have not served for legal purposes
Activity: 71
Tech enthusiast, SEO jedi, Crypto investor.
June 07, 2018, 11:10:17 AM
The European Union’s law-enforcement agency, Europol, raised alarms three months ago, writing in a report that “other cryptocurrencies such as monero, ethereum and Z cash are gaining popularity within the digital underground.” Online extortionists, who use ransomware to lock victims’ computers until they fork over a payment, have begun demanding those currencies instead. On Dec. 18 hackers attacked up to 190,000 WordPress sites per hour to get them to produce monero, according to security company Wordfence.

Official source on this?

Also, criminal or not... FIAT money (and banks) have been involved in the illegal and criminal "game" for way longer than we know, but nobody is really making a big "fuss" about it.

Everybody should know how and WHY they want to use Crypto.

And if you want to be on the safe side, only work with people / exchanges you trust... Are regulated officially, and you actually invested some research in these things.

In the end of the day, nothing is 100% safe, but we can ensure, to raise the bar high as we can.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
June 07, 2018, 11:09:18 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
as we all know there are many scammers out there in the world especially in online investing and selling they make fake or poser account then they chat people to invest on them
Activity: 658
Merit: 505
June 07, 2018, 11:05:13 AM
The European Union’s law-enforcement agency, Europol, raised alarms three months ago, writing in a report that “other cryptocurrencies such as monero, ethereum and Z cash are gaining popularity within the digital underground.” Online extortionists, who use ransomware to lock victims’ computers until they fork over a payment, have begun demanding those currencies instead. On Dec. 18 hackers attacked up to 190,000 WordPress sites per hour to get them to produce monero, according to security company Wordfence.
Activity: 238
June 07, 2018, 11:04:36 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
yes the bitcoin is very dangerous in deepweb it is the site of full of secret like terrorism hackers criminals but There is a replacement when you order bitcoin is the key for illegal trade i think many people understand the meaning of bitcoin.
Activity: 271
June 07, 2018, 07:06:04 AM
Crime is not about Bitcoin. Bitcoin do exist because people want it to exist for it helps lot of people to earn extra income that may help them by providing the needs of their family. Crime may use Bitcoin to do so but its up to people if they are going to believe on the scammers or not. Not all part of intermet is bad or can commit crime it can also help people to know what they want to know. Its just that people uses internet because it is the easiest way to do crime.
Activity: 357
Merit: 12
June 07, 2018, 06:38:42 AM

Bitcoin can be really use in the illegal doings of someone and even some syndicates. It was easy to be use so that's why most of them made this their way to buy prohibited drugs, guns, or any other deadly weapons. Criminals are likely to be hold in cryptocurency because of the untraceable transactions it has but that doesn't mean bitcoin is a bad asset for someone.
Activity: 644
Merit: 379
June 07, 2018, 06:20:42 AM
You know what bitcoin has became famous because of illegal transaction in dark web.
I think these are the common problem that happens in a society that you mentioned. Criminal use fiat currency too that doesn't mean fiat is bad.
I think there is a solution for every problem.
Pages:
Jump to: