Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 22. (Read 4492 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 251
June 05, 2018, 04:47:55 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Well said. I will also state that the bitcoin and most likely the internet, are innocent entities and only us, humans can abuse it and use it for bad purposes. But, the depreciation of bitcoin is also caused by the traffic in its movement. We all know that bitcoin has a humongous 21 million volume and that itself can slow down its movement and lower its price.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 546
Merit: 12
June 05, 2018, 04:45:31 AM
I don't ever believe that Bitcoin is the reason for many criminal activities going in the world. Before BTC existed people had their own unique ways of making illegal transactions and Bitcoin did not cause that. Bitcoin was made to serve a purpose of a "middlemanless" transsction so i think we cannot blame BTC
Activity: 101
Merit: 0
June 05, 2018, 04:42:42 AM
 There is no point in us blaming bitcoin for something bad that is used as well as the latest innovations in solving economic problems around the world.  Scammers and hackers they want to use bitcoin in illegal way and I think this some reason some country are not trust in bitcoin cause the scammers they give bad reputation in bitcoin.
Activity: 82
June 05, 2018, 04:03:11 AM
yes some criminals want to use bitcoin because they know that bitcoin can transact some currency in an almost anonymous way. criminals can steal because of our negligence to keep our own assets .
Activity: 293
Merit: 1
June 05, 2018, 03:47:44 AM
True, bitcoin is just a blockchain system so do not blame the system. to blame is the person who uses it.
Bitcoin was created with a view to improving the world economy instead of destroy it
Activity: 193
June 05, 2018, 03:23:47 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Another crime topic. Smiley

A gun won't kill a person if no one would pull the trigger, a gun can be used for self defense and to intentionalpy hurt others.

Whatever object it is, whatever is it made of is still be determined by the intention of the user or maker.

Bitcoin was made to serve as alternate currency, sadly because of it's anonymity people tend to use it for illegal transactions. Money were laundered before there was no cryptocurrency and it won't be long till criminals use it as their medium for transactions.
Activity: 185
Merit: 2
June 05, 2018, 03:20:38 AM
One of the biggest advantages of bitcoin is that it must be confidential, secure and unmanageable. And of course, it will be on the hands of criminals in dark net. The cryptocurrency gained a terrible reputation as soon as it was used for anonymous money transfer in the process of buying drugs on Silk Road.
What ordinary bitcoin users do not understand is that even though their names are protected by a chain of numbers and letters, this does not guarantee their complete anonymity. Most of the exchanges that sell bitcoin, like Coinbase, require that new users have uploaded pictures or even passport. In response, the exchange directly indicates that it will store information about the name, address, phone number of the user up to five years and provide them at the request of the authorities, if necessary.
 Embarrassed
The FBI made it clear that closely watching the development of bitcoin, and therefore the identity of people who use cryptocurrency for illegal activities, will gradually become clear. Of course, not everyone who uses bitcoin is a criminal. In addition, hackers already know that you need to hide the ends in the water. For the most part, only ordinary users should not expect any privacy from bitcoin. At the moment, cash remains the only way to remain incognito.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 275
June 05, 2018, 03:13:12 AM
Because the blockchain data cannot be modified or deleted, each transaction is recorded on the blockchain and the records can be publicly accessed!
It is not impossible for criminals to conduct criminal activities through BTC. Blockchain technology can help police to track criminal activities!
In fact The other people even police can not know who is transacting it's anonymous, Crimes committed can do anything to avoid being exposed. With the use of Bitcoin as their transaction is the right thing but could have a bad impact on Bitcoin's reputation.
Activity: 231
June 05, 2018, 03:00:09 AM
Bitcoin does not do anything. They (criminals) simply use anonymous transactions on bitcoins. It will have an impact on the reputation of bitcoin, because it is used for something bad. It seems that bitcoin needs to improve the security system so criminality using bitcoin can be reduced or eliminated.
Activity: 244
Merit: 100
June 05, 2018, 02:17:26 AM
yes it is whatever hackers they can want the same as criminals they will certainly act if there is a chance. therefore we must be careful especially with the private key of the wallet. do not fill in private keys in suspicious forms and do not tell others
Activity: 34
June 05, 2018, 01:16:50 AM
It will be difficult for the police or any law enforcement agency to catch up with those who uses bitcoin for crime and terrorism for now because Govt. does not have access to the inflow and outflow of bitcoin. That is one reason bitcoin should be regulated so crime could be curtailed.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
June 05, 2018, 01:12:22 AM
Do you think that the members on this forum are criminals as majority here is using crypto. I think that mostly it is used by common people like you and me.
Activity: 182
June 05, 2018, 01:10:28 AM
Wherever it is, there are criminals and anonymous transactions on bitcoin make it easier for them. Then how long will we discuss this? Perhaps with the enactment of the current KYC can suppress criminals who misuse bitcoin.
Activity: 43
June 05, 2018, 12:59:38 AM
The European Union’s law-enforcement agency, Europol, raised alarms three months ago, writing in a report that “other cryptocurrencies such as monero, ethereum and Z cash are gaining popularity within the digital underground.”
Activity: 53
June 05, 2018, 12:51:45 AM
I do not think that bitcoin is used for criminal purposes more often than paper money. Bitcoin is not a completely anonymous coin. Anonymous cryptocurrencies such as monero or dash can be used for criminal purposes.
Activity: 196
June 04, 2018, 10:24:59 PM
Any form of currency has illegal users, Bitcoin is no different. The vast majority of users do use it responsibly and legally, just as the vast majority use US dollars legally. But that does not mean one shouldn’t be vigilant when using bitcoin, just as you should be careful on the internet or on the street.
Activity: 100
June 04, 2018, 10:00:07 PM
In every sector there will be a culprit. If we count them as major then nothing can happen. We just have to find a way out to prevent it. Think about the sweet. If we cant keep it safe, it will be eaten by ant. There is no fault of the sweet. Just find the way to prevent it and use it for the good
Activity: 237
June 04, 2018, 07:43:04 PM
This paradigm is already deeply rooted and widespread. I think this is not true because it discriminates too much cryptocurrency. Because in reality crime or financing does not always use crypto. The use of fiat money in crime is also very common.
The false paradigm is caused because the Bitcoin or crypto transaction is anonymous. It is. But this reason can not be used anymore, because to change Crypto to fiat money must pass Exchange. Exchange requires KYC.
Activity: 392
June 04, 2018, 07:35:42 PM
I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is that it is used for anti-proactive purposes! That's why bitcoins want to ban many countries. I believe that any thing created for good can be used otherwise!
For me criminals all over the world can able to used bitcoin and i think that it is one of the disadvantage of bitcoin, and we all know that bitcoin is open for everyone so i think many criminals all over the world is using  bitcoin for there transaction.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
June 04, 2018, 07:30:46 PM
which I know blockchain actually records all our activities. so thanks to blockchain technology the police can easily know the crime suspects.
Pages:
Jump to: