Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 18. (Read 4492 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 107
June 09, 2018, 03:51:48 AM
For some reason, everything can be misused. Bitcoin offered us freedom, the freedom to use our assets anonymously, to do transactions in the internet without our name stamped on it. The creator of bitcoin surely know that this will be one application of a decentralized and anonymous network, for illegal transactions. And bitcoin, in its early years was really used for buying drugs, guns and other illegal goods in the black market, specifically silk road.

We cannot stop bitcoin related crimes. This society will never change. Bitcoin is made for this type of "freedom".
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
June 09, 2018, 03:38:50 AM
bitcoin is always associated with a crime or crime, this is done to avoid bitcoin will master the payment transaction tool. but now the use of bitcoin is more stringent and the rules apply. bitcoin has now recovered from issues linked to criminal acts
for some of the first issue a year ago this is true that bitcoin are been used on some crimes but as a year pass by and bitcoin currency dont have to let this happen anymore well they cant avoid it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
June 09, 2018, 03:35:06 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Bitcoin is always close to criminals, hackers, terrorists but they wrong misconceptions about bitcoin. So many wrong news, fake news incomes to crypto currency. They always think BTC is doing illegal because the government hate bitcoin. I believe many people are good and doing the right thing, They're done by a team not one person.
Activity: 677
Merit: 250
June 09, 2018, 03:13:25 AM
bitcoin is always associated with a crime or crime, this is done to avoid bitcoin will master the payment transaction tool. but now the use of bitcoin is more stringent and the rules apply. bitcoin has now recovered from issues linked to criminal acts
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
June 09, 2018, 03:11:31 AM
Many public misconceptions about the many uses of Bitcoin by criminals, but the thought is wrong thinking. This thinking is caused by the large number of people who think that Bitcoin is anonymous, when in fact Bitcoin is so opposed to it - all transactions Bitcoin transparent and everyone in the world can see the ongoing Bitcoin transaction.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child
June 09, 2018, 03:08:12 AM
These criminals especially the big timers. If they want to transact big amounts without being noticed they can also do it with fiats. Many fiats are even counterfeit and that is one thing criminals cannot do on decentralized currencies like bitcoin.
Activity: 560
Merit: 145
June 09, 2018, 03:07:15 AM
Criminality is not the biggest issue of bitcoin, if you know it's a crime, please report it to the police. then they will investigate it in various ways. the problem of bitcoin is actually scalability and transaction fees, but that does not make bitcoin worse, as technology evolves better, as well as with the ever-expanding bitcoin for a more efficient human life.

Criminality that uses cryptocurrency is difficult to catch, but can also be tracked circulation. because the internet is connected to each other, so they are connected even though not visible.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11
June 09, 2018, 03:04:51 AM
Bitcoins is just a tool, we can even say a victim of its own success when it comes to illegal
activities or when used for such purposes by criminals thru transactions and such. But that doesn’t
make bitcoin bad or illegal in the first place. Bitcoin is just being exploited, I think a lot of
authoritiesnare fully aware of this, maybe regulation will help minimize or put a stop to such
situations.

We can not blame bitcoin because criminal action by others peoples. Fiat money like dollar used for criminal action too but no one ban or blame dollar. I think its because government regulation on bitcoin or others cryptocurrency and government afraid bitcoin will replace fiat money use
Activity: 308
June 09, 2018, 02:56:20 AM
Bitcoins is also use in illegal transactions criminals take advantage of this. There is good and bad aspects of everything. No one can track the transaction that was made it. No personal identity was provided and wallets might be trackable but not accessible to anyone. that's why criminal use It.
Activity: 322
June 09, 2018, 02:29:49 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Absolutely right bitcoin is always the one who blame by the other people but they don't realize that the scammers used bitcoin for they bad intention and the authority knows about this things so the only thing they can do is to alarm people or totally get ban crypto but if other people truly understand the process I think they will prevented it, As a individual we can help other people to understand what is the real purpose of bitcoin.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
June 09, 2018, 02:23:21 AM
Bitcoin is totally anonymous and the transaction is really hard to cracked out where it from because theres no name included , first of all and important is bitcoin is not responsible for this happening about the illegality use of others we can't that all of us are using it legaly other uses it to pay via online to proceed illegal activies like buying drugs etc. As long ad it can't affect bitcoin. Bitcoin is easier way to pay world wide thats why they using it as they gateway.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
June 09, 2018, 02:23:15 AM
Crime has always existed and economic crimes have been committed and are committed in any areas, long before the appearance of bitcoin.Countries are not in a hurry to introduce cryptocurrency because of its virtuality and are afraid of problems.
Activity: 336
June 09, 2018, 02:19:50 AM
Yes ofcourse you are right...And Infact everyone knows all these reasons why bitcoin is getting banned in some countries or the normal people fear to use bitcoins...and not only that some sites like bitcoin mixers they are also helping them to make their bitcoins more anonymous.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
June 09, 2018, 02:09:13 AM
The prolem is the society and not the cryptocurrencies. We have a handful of people who can never relinquish their criminal tendencies. That is why one financial crime or the other happens in the cryptocurrency world daily. There are several crime too with fiat currencies but because it is regulated, it is easy to investigate. If it is only for the issue of financial crime, government will want to regulate cryptocurrency.

I agree with you, fiat money crime is easier to investigate and stuff, which takes longggg time in crypto case.
Activity: 182
June 09, 2018, 02:03:24 AM
For me criminals is just using bitcoin for buying some of terrorist needs.. I think police cant track the illegal transaction because it's on the internet and no one can hear or see a transaction..
Activity: 238
June 08, 2018, 07:08:16 PM
The prolem is the society and not the cryptocurrencies. We have a handful of people who can never relinquish their criminal tendencies. That is why one financial crime or the other happens in the cryptocurrency world daily. There are several crime too with fiat currencies but because it is regulated, it is easy to investigate. If it is only for the issue of financial crime, government will want to regulate cryptocurrency.
I could care less for what reason they want to regulate cryptocurrency if they do and it becomes actual currency in the world, then that will be a huge bullish day for Bitcoin. And along with that they will be able to catch more criminals as some of the resources used to bust criminals in regards to fiat currency would be sent to catch those criminals using crypto illegally.
Activity: 378
June 08, 2018, 07:07:16 PM
It is true that bitcoin has been a favorite tool for anti-social elements for a long, as it is anonymous, so they are using it for their all types of illegal trades.
Welll criminals can also able to used bitcoin because bitcoin is open for everyone and all people in this world can invest in bitcoin even the criminals and some terrorist and for me that is the biggest disadvanatge of bitcoin.
Activity: 180
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
June 08, 2018, 07:06:03 PM
I'm sure that any thing done for good can be used against the law! I think that the use of crypto currency by terrorists will stop only the complete disappearance of the crypto currency. Regulation crypto currency just completely kills the meaning of crypto currency!
Activity: 448
June 08, 2018, 06:52:58 PM
Activity: 164
June 08, 2018, 06:51:55 PM
Bitcoins is just a tool, we can even say a victim of its own success when it comes to illegal
activities or when used for such purposes by criminals thru transactions and such. But that doesn’t
make bitcoin bad or illegal in the first place. Bitcoin is just being exploited, I think a lot of
authoritiesnare fully aware of this, maybe regulation will help minimize or put a stop to such
situations.
Pages:
Jump to: