Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 42. (Read 4498 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 100
May 13, 2018, 06:52:21 PM
I sometimes even feel sorry for bitcoin, as it is unfairly called cryptocurrency for criminals... And what's the point if criminals can use any currency?
Activity: 253
Merit: 10
Gamblica Token Sale launch 01.03.2018!
May 13, 2018, 06:50:30 PM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Bitcoin can not be bad or good, it is just a tool of the payment system.  For what purposes does the person himself decide to use it.
Activity: 364
May 13, 2018, 06:41:45 PM
This is human upbringing and mentality. At all times there were people who were engaged in crime, fraud, theft and deception. This is unfortunately an integral part of humanity.
Activity: 350
May 13, 2018, 06:41:26 PM
from the experience that I have experienced when there is such an event is actually the price of coin will usually go down, because the price is sure many will sell assets owned to be able to get money.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
May 13, 2018, 06:40:17 PM
I think this idea - linking bitcoin to crime - is being inflated by all sorts of skeptics. And I do not advise anyone to take it seriously.
Activity: 126
May 13, 2018, 06:20:37 PM
I never understood why to link bitcoin with crime and focus on it. Criminals can use all kinds of currencies they want and bitcoin does not increase crime.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
May 13, 2018, 06:10:16 PM
Such statements are made only by politicians for the popularity. Criminals can also use Fiat, it never stopped them. They try to fight against consequences, and it is necessary with the reasons.
it seems very much in pity if it concerns bitcoin with crime ,, as if disagree with some stetmen that come out from many people associated with bitcoin .. but we can not do anything .. unless we can give positive rating to bitcoin
Activity: 283
May 13, 2018, 06:04:03 PM
I also often see news in which criminals deceive investors, disappear with their money, make the Scam of the ICO project. All this is due to the imperfection of digital technologies.
Activity: 383
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
May 13, 2018, 05:43:46 PM
Criminals can use Bitcoin in crimes because of the involvement of money. Hacking an account is considered as crime because they are invading the privacy of other people which is wrong. They are getting the money of others and use it on their own goods.
Activity: 334
Merit: 102
May 13, 2018, 04:18:08 PM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Well right now it is really possible that some criminals is using bitcoin, because we all know that bitcoin is open for everyone and that is the only big disadvantage of bitcoin for me becahse even a bad person can used bitcoin for illegal purposes.
Activity: 90
Merit: 0
May 13, 2018, 04:08:39 PM
When a weapon is held in a fire, it is used for the purpose of the country. But when there is a weapon in a fire with a terrorist, the country is harmed by it, so the hacker, or the terrorist gang, can use it for the worst, it is not Bitcoin's fault.  The broker is like for media.
P60
Activity: 378
Decentralized Digital Billboards
May 13, 2018, 03:52:48 PM
It is not bitcoin which is responsible for criminal activities. Criminals were also active before the bitcoin age. So the blame on bitcoin is not true.

Indeed, there are already criminals before the introduction of Bitcoin; thus, a lot of criminal activities happened before then. It's just that,criminals are so active when it comes to the involvement of money, the reason why they are using Bitcoin.
Activity: 84
May 13, 2018, 03:46:17 PM
Bitcoin is a dangerous toy. many will hunt for rich bitcoin hodlers
Activity: 196
May 13, 2018, 03:42:58 PM
Unfortunately, criminals can always find many ways. Criminals are always present in every time and society, they are using different currencies for their different purposes. The same is true of Bitcoin, which was created to be able to send tokens of a certain value between users without the participation of financial institutions.
Activity: 196
May 13, 2018, 03:38:19 PM
I won’t believe that bitcoin is used by criminals. However, we cannot avoid these situations because there are always things such as good and bad, right and wrong. It is only unfortunate that people have chosen to use it the wrong way. They use this technology to transfer money untraceable, we can't stop criminal from doing illegal way and any technologies could used by them. All criminal activities has been in existence and on the high level before the introduction of Bitcoin.
Activity: 476
May 13, 2018, 01:56:26 PM
They say that the criminality is increasing as the bitcoin is becoming more popular than before. Bitcoin can also bring danger to our society because there are bad people who are using bitcoin in bad way.
Activity: 421
Merit: 105
May 13, 2018, 01:39:54 PM
every thing that can make money there is a lot of criminals, in the world of the Internet there is a heker, so they are in this bitcoin they are quite easy to steal our assets because in the bitcoin world there is no name of the person responsible if happened something, more so in my country the government does not allow this bitcoin, yes if we lose our assets, we can not take responsibility for it
Yes, in terms of money people doing bad things there us lot's of hackers in the world of internet they steal our asset quitely. In my country the scammers  they use name bitcoin to get money in the people that people is lack of knowledge about in cryptocurrency it is bad thing's they use name bitcoin to get money in a illegal.
Where there is money, there will always be criminals because thats what they are always after, wealth. We can't stop those especially professional hackers or crypto-criminals who can bang up our profiles and sneak into the system and mess it all up. Its not just bitcoin, criminals are everywhere.
Activity: 770
Merit: 113
May 13, 2018, 12:34:19 PM
Such statements are made only by politicians for the popularity. Criminals can also use Fiat, it never stopped them. They try to fight against consequences, and it is necessary with the reasons.
You are right, not just potential bitcoins, even fiat has been used as a means of illegal activity. Then, why does it become excessive when associated with bitcoin? the simple reason is that bitcoin is something new, not much explored and yet understood by everyone.
Activity: 294
Merit: 107
May 13, 2018, 11:49:54 AM
indeed bitcoin users are hard to trace, because bitcoin users are not known, so we if you want to know the users bitcoin each other is quite difficult.

Bitcoin users are hard to trace, but most of us make many mistakes which make it easy for authorities to track transactions. Criminals have switched to more anonymous cryptocurrencies like Monero, Zcash, Dash a long time ago. Now they are trying to get rid of Bitcoin because of something that happened in the past. Maybe they still think that if they kill Bitcoin, other cryptocurrencies will die because of that.
Activity: 238
May 13, 2018, 11:40:16 AM
Pages:
Jump to: