Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 40. (Read 4498 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 101
May 17, 2018, 03:44:22 AM
bitcoin as crypto currency or also called the digital currency is very vulnerable to crimes such as hackers, phishing and other crimes. this currency is also very difficult to set and difficult to control so this currency is very easy to be a crime media
Activity: 827
Merit: 100
May 17, 2018, 03:43:02 AM
many issues say if bicoin is criminalized. bitcoin can be linked to money laundering, drugs, fraud and even terrorism. no wonder nowadays many countries are governing the use of bitcoin in order not to be used for the criminal and harming many parties.
Activity: 308
Merit: 8
May 17, 2018, 03:37:56 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Who cares. It is the same question as electricity consumption. Nocoiners get so hot when they think about it, when in reality electricity is spent on billion things, and it is dumb, but nobody is talking about it. Same is with criminals and bitcoin...

This is just the truth. The concept of bitcoin is to fairly change the society financially. The criminals using Bitcoin for their nefarious  activities are the evil and not bitcoin. If all will possible respect the principles of bitcoin there will be no problem. Bitcoin will always overcome.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 16
May 17, 2018, 03:32:11 AM
Bitcoin was never involved all those crimes, the criminals did. They just using bitcoin as their own personal motives to use illegal ways. It is impossible to trace just by looking or referring only on transaction so literally any criminals acts using bitcoin can get away easily.
Activity: 420
May 17, 2018, 03:27:18 AM
very unfortunate if bitcoin is used for negative things, it will make bitcoin seen more negatively by some circles, while bitcoin is very advantageous if using it the right way, hopefully for countries that have legalized bitcoin can make legal umbrella, so bitcoin is not used for negative things.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
May 17, 2018, 03:26:31 AM
Bitcoin is a medium of value transfer, not a tool for criminals. Like all things, it can be used for nefarious purposes, against its original intent. But consider, with its unique physical and anon properties, fiat has and will be the largest facilitator of illicit transactions  Wink Unlike a blockchain (possibly the dimmest way to conduct an illegal transaction), cash tells no tales.
Activity: 560
May 17, 2018, 03:16:34 AM
I strongly disagree if bitcoin is scapegoated into a bridge in crime transacting. Bitcoin and blockchain are very good and great technology. It's just that the irresponsible people are misusing the development of this technology for bad things and more harm to society. I suggest character education so that the morale of these irresponsible people can change. Character education can be started at the smallest level of family and school.
Activity: 140
May 17, 2018, 03:14:04 AM
Bitcoin is money not a crime. If you blame bitcoin as a reason for committing a crime, you're wrong.
Maybe getting the bitcoin is easy, like you just sit and relax all day and you get a lot of salary every day. But for me, bitcoin is too valuable for these things. So, this all goes back to the individual mindset
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
May 17, 2018, 02:59:50 AM
actually bitcoin is a very neutral digital currency which means bitcoin is a tool to make any payment, so bitcoin made for the payment of criminal action in my opinion it is a bad action because it can damage the good name bitcoin.
Activity: 910
Merit: 101
May 17, 2018, 01:46:58 AM
between crooks and bitcoins, in fact bitcoin is the perfect tool for use in good and evil,
example
in the use of the goodness of bitcoin can be done in the inter-state financing very quickly in its transactions, and many more examples of it,
whereas in crime bitcoin used can be in money laundering, or else its illegally folded,
and to anticipate the crime every country that legalize bitcoin must already have its antidote,
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
May 17, 2018, 01:26:51 AM
It must be acknowledged that the presence of bitcoin makes a big impact for criminals to transact, now they are free and never worried about using bitcoin for transactions that make many countries angry with bitcoin,
Activity: 303
Merit: 12
May 17, 2018, 01:03:45 AM
Hmm haven't we discussed this to death?

It is not possible for the police or any entity to tell, just by looking the transactions themselves. In fact, without any actual link to evidence, the transactions can't be identified. If the authority can get one of the addresses/transactions involved, they could get the whole link of addresses that are related but that isn't possible all the time and its rather inaccurate and useless.
indeed bitcoin is a criminal when we can not be said as a criminal, we are not stealing and even hacking a bank that exists in various countries. we also get it by own business and not concerned with the government or certain parties that exist in the country itself or other countries and even other countries have already agreed with the existence of bitcoin and already recognize this bitcoin. this is what I submit and I can distribute in this forum so and thank you.
Activity: 43
May 17, 2018, 12:16:51 AM
I agree with you, we can get tighter regulations but criminals will always be amongst us.
Activity: 223
Merit: 10
May 17, 2018, 12:09:09 AM
During the first two or two and a half years after the appearance of Bitcoin, he was interested almost exclusively in cipher, hackers, cryptoanarchists and network libertarians. Accordingly, the main place of use Bitcoin as a means of payment was the Tor network. It is this network that is the refuge of marginal and criminal cyber subcultures.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
May 17, 2018, 12:04:31 AM
The thing is, almost everything can be corrupted and use in evil ways. Even a simple spoon can be use for crime. Do we have to ban the use of spoon because criminals are also using it too? Of course not. It all depends on how well the authorities to stop crime. They just can't blame bitcoin as the cause of these crimes.
Activity: 364
May 16, 2018, 11:58:35 PM
Illegal things like this are a lot and we can not prevent it. As you say BTC is not a bad thing, the bad is the person who abuses it,Bitcoin can be a tool for progress but it really depends on how you use it. Much like a gun can be used to protect or destroy but it depends on who wields it,so i can say one think Just away from all this Crime and say your Friend also.

With or without bitcoin  crimes in the internet are commited. There are some people who are doing it on purpose in order to discourage bitcoin investors and users. Some do it for easy money. I hope that this people will be caught. So bitcoin is not part of the crime.
Activity: 56
May 16, 2018, 11:54:01 PM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Basically bitcoin has a decentralized system because transactions are so transparent that it is difficult to track by the police. Therefore it is very safe if the bitcoin transaction is done
Activity: 196
Merit: 24
May 16, 2018, 11:43:42 PM
Scamming has been here since from the very beginning,Bitcoin and criminals have a significant relationship in the sense that bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency while criminals always wanted to get their illicit activities done in an untraceable manner.
Activity: 238
May 16, 2018, 11:37:52 PM
Criminals always want to utilize technology in a large scale.Bitcoin is losing its shine with a portion of its soonest and most devoted fans - culprits - offering ascend to another type of virtual money.Worryingly for investors, they believe that the sheer popularity of the cryptocurrency amongst criminals is a major contributor to its value.
Activity: 322
May 16, 2018, 11:33:02 PM
Illegal things like this are a lot and we can not prevent it. As you say BTC is not a bad thing, the bad is the person who abuses it,Bitcoin can be a tool for progress but it really depends on how you use it. Much like a gun can be used to protect or destroy but it depends on who wields it,so i can say one think Just away from all this Crime and say your Friend also.
Pages:
Jump to: