Pages:
Author

Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin - page 56. (Read 4498 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
May 02, 2018, 12:14:48 PM
You are absolutely right. The problem of smuggling lies in society and it does not matter what currency or commodity is involved.
Activity: 952
Merit: 515
May 02, 2018, 12:14:04 PM
There is good and bad thing on every thing but not always. As you aware, Recently world had faced hackers attack. To release victims docs, they should pay in BTC. Hackers used this method to hide destination and get money at home. Its delayed to got rid off the attack
They use it to avoid direct and easy trace with their identity, we can't deny  the fact that bitcoin is really providing everyone an easy access
to transact so even criminals can enjoy that benefits, but just the same case with fiat and other currency related platform they have their
strength and weaknesses, we shall need to be very careful in the time.
There are things that we cannot control no matter what, even our government or our national police can't too, but what we can do for now is to report if we have found out any illegal activities that we may caught in the future, especially if it involves investment scheme or hyip.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
May 02, 2018, 12:05:28 PM
There is good and bad thing on every thing but not always. As you aware, Recently world had faced hackers attack. To release victims docs, they should pay in BTC. Hackers used this method to hide destination and get money at home. Its delayed to got rid off the attack
They use it to avoid direct and easy trace with their identity, we can't deny  the fact that bitcoin is really providing everyone an easy access
to transact so even criminals can enjoy that benefits, but just the same case with fiat and other currency related platform they have their
strength and weaknesses, we shall need to be very careful in the time.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
May 02, 2018, 12:00:22 PM
For me i guess all we need to do is to be careful on every transaction we made. Not all governments are sophisticated to track the illicit amount of money used in bitcoin. This was one of the reasons why India had to tight grip on bitcoin. However, as time matures this will change. I think the new government being looking for a good solution to be able to accept and legalize it. There is a lot of altcoins that do better than bitcoin in terms of privacy so bitcoin is now more into investment or being an asset rather than a currency that is being use to transact illegally.
Activity: 504
Merit: 0
May 02, 2018, 11:57:10 AM
There is no relation between criminals and Bitcoin. Many criminals do their crime by using their conventional currency. Is it liable the conventional currency in this case. There always exist the criminals. But nothing is liable for them. So, BTC is not liable for the criminals.
Activity: 168
May 02, 2018, 11:54:43 AM
Bitcoin doesn't have any business with criminals. But criminals have business with bitcoin. When they hire an intelligent person and master on how to manipulate or hack the secure system, criminals can have an access to millions accounts all over the world. And withdraw the money to expend in bombs or what ever hard weapon.
Activity: 317
Merit: 11
May 02, 2018, 11:53:41 AM
yes, there are many person use bitcoin for "illegal" things and every government concern about this issue. need to try hard to find the way to minimize that.
Activity: 154
May 02, 2018, 11:51:07 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Because the blockchain technology is hugely decentralized, and it takes time and money to invest on the technology. Not all governments are sophisticated to track the illicit amount of money used in bitcoin. This was one of the reasons why India had to tight grip on bitcoin. However, as time matures this will change.
Activity: 26
May 02, 2018, 11:48:02 AM
Haha, another funny accusation on bitcoins, how were these criminals transacting before bitcoins ? You should stop using cash also as it is also used by criminals a lot.
Activity: 560
Merit: 104
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
May 02, 2018, 11:47:30 AM
Criminals & bitcoin These two issues are related to both. some time some criminals use bitcoin to payment process.
Activity: 518
May 02, 2018, 11:39:37 AM
I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
if for me bitcoin we can not make excuses with the existence of a crime, before bitcoin exists, the crime is already there, so the crime for me bitcoin we can not make excuses with the occurrence of all that, the government that can not legalize bitcoin, I think the new government being looking for a good solution to be able to accept and legalize it.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 343
May 02, 2018, 11:29:59 AM
Please be aware of some hackers nowadays, we all know that bitcoin is mostly accessible in the internet and we have this certain account that we use in order for us to do something to gain money from bitcoin. But be more careful of the presence of the hackers, once you get stolen from bitcoin, it will be a hard time for you trace that criminal and what's worse is that they might also steal your ccount and use the amount that you have there or play bitcoin with it.
Activity: 37
May 02, 2018, 11:26:50 AM
Some of case criminals use it to crime such as weapons, kidnapping, killing etc
Activity: 305
ENTRY Cryptocurrency
May 02, 2018, 11:22:05 AM
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg
May 02, 2018, 11:18:09 AM
You are right. Money is not evil unless you turn it into one. A kitchen knife used to slice fruits and vegetables is not evil yet it can be. In the same way bitcoin is just money but you can make it an evil thing. So the society is clearly responsible for all of these. I think a solution for identifying hackers and troublemakers is to make bitcoin half anonymous by granting victim coin holders a chance to identify the hackers  through their wallet and report it to authorities that your account was hacked.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
May 02, 2018, 11:13:03 AM
The mainstream media always highlight the association of criminals with Bitcoin. But I find it inconclusive. IMO, the worst criminals in this world happens to be the politicians. Very few of them use Bitcoins, as per my knowledge.
Activity: 489
Merit: 250
May 02, 2018, 11:12:20 AM

That is right, bitcoin itself doesn't have sin about what illegal transactions that happen in our surroundings. It is also true that even bitcoin and cryptocurrency are not already appear, there are a lot of illegal activities that already happened. The really problem is the people whose doing such a illegal and foolish things and even when or where we are or whatever system that we have now it's making non sense because anytime and anywhere those people are doing anything that they wanted to do. However, the things that we needed to do to avoid it is by being much aware and alert to our surrounding and to the people that surround us specially if we're knowing them very well.
Activity: 467
Merit: 251
https://t.me/xwshamim
May 02, 2018, 11:09:02 AM
criminals use everything good in their bad work and they ll keep doing the same always so there is no way of blaming a good technlogy i think
Activity: 128
May 02, 2018, 10:59:42 AM
Due to the anonymity of bitcoin and uncontrolled crime, criminals can use this currency as a trading method. Hackers may be trying to attack multiple bitcoins to steal large amounts of money and money laundering can happen easily.
Activity: 196
May 02, 2018, 10:56:29 AM
Maybe this is the reason why butcoin not legalized in other country.Because they use bitcoin for illegal transactions.It cannot track by governement.It is conseidered for black market and money laundering by the givernment.
Pages:
Jump to: