Pages:
Author

Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - page 29. (Read 632672 times)

Activity: 260
Merit: 105
A Lingering Ghost
Most excellent ladies and gentlemen! I'm happy to see not only Mooo is interested in the vast potential of political intrigue at Sweden Wink everybody else, thanks to you as well.

Above registered list is up to date. Last calls for a boat to Sweden ring in Crypto Town's nearest harbor. Rumors tell that exotic flying crypto-squirrel pelts were mentioned among the most prominent diplomats today at IRC - who knows! Maybe something unusual will pop up *shrug*

*Countdown beginning, last call*

To refresh your memory:

Disclaimer #1: This minigame introduces a potential new token in game (Diplomacy, DIP), and thus requires still validation by higher-ups. The game itself also could use comments and/or suggestions by anyone.
Disclaimer #2: The minigame is a "black box". That is, I have simulated different scenarios and tried to ensure that it works, but I do not even myself know what's the "best" solution - and as it's co-operative game with option not to uphold their promises (politics, eh?), it might be impossible to guarantee an optimal solution that'd benefit all.
Disclaimer #3: As usual, I will not participate in any way to avoid conflicts of interest.
Disclaimer #4: At the end of the post I have proposed a DIP-"shop" for this event. I reserve the right to adjust the prices and/or add/remove items in this shop (however, I will try to avoid this) - since the game is a black box, unexpected things may happen. My main priority is that the game is both interesting and beneficial to all.

The game will work as follows:

Stage #1a: There will be a ~4 day discussion and validation phase first, based on this post. During this time, I hope that any criticism is presented toward potential flaws in the game, and I will need GM's permission to run this minigame as I will a) Create a new token to CK called DIP (=Diplomacy), and b) Open a temporary DIP-store at the end of the game.
Stage #1b: Notice that during this 4 day period it is still possible to participate in the competition. I propose a maximum cap of 1000 SCI consumption, should one wish to participate. Lowest participation amount is 10 SCI. The participants are locked and their respective SCIs are public.

Stage #2a: The rules are locked and the game is on. What this in practice means, that people are completely open to discuss to each other about how they wish to spend their SCI. Everybody's transactions to others will be SCI amount(s) indicated in a "closed envelope", and one may not send any to themselves or save any of it. The number of such send-transactions does not have a maximum, but each send has to be at least 1 SCI. Consult Syksy if anything in this is unclear.
Stage #2b: The Stage #2 will last for a week. By the end of this time, I will need from everybody their closed envelope either through IRC or BCT private message on how they wish to transact their SCI to other participating players. This is "diplomacy". Players are dealing with each other and may form coalitions or they may together plan how to optimize their DIP gain as co-operation (if we optimize the whole sum of DIP gained, this would be the optimal way). However, players are also allowed to break promises - it's diplomacy! Backstabbing or deviating from plans that others have will give an advantage if done correctly - please refer to the DIP generation formula to see how you could make things work in your favor. It is also possible that all players together work for the common good.

Stage #3: After the 1 week is over, I hope to have received everybody's decisions. Those who consumed SCI but didn't tell me how they wished to spread it, will be randomized. Then each of these "closed envelopes" are revealed and made public to all players. Then the DIP gain for each player can be computed as a function of their own transactions as well as those done by others.

Stage #4: Each player will gain their DIP and a DIP-store (see end of store) is open, where an admin (e.g. me) will exchange DIP tokens into practical CK items. As I mentioned before, I will reserve the right to still tune this store and it will be open for only a short period of time, as it aims to model the diplomatic result of the particular event (in this case Crypto Kingdomians meddling in Swedish affairs).

Notes:
- You are NOT allowed to take screenshots/videographic etc material to prove to anybody of what you put in your closed envelope. You may only *claim* that you did something.
- There's no limit on number of transactions or individual persons to send SCI to,
and the amount can be between 1 and the total SCI you originally deposited to the minigame. However, to a single person you may only send SCI once.
- I hope the discussion during Stage #2 to be free and interesting (and also some of possibly private if people wish to work together in smaller groups) between participants is allowed; to lie is allowed! Twisting the truth seems to be a key in diplomacy / politics Wink

The subgame is inteded to be a co-operative game with possibility for optimization, freeride and/or treachery.
The outcome of this minigame will be a novel currency called DIP, named after Diplomacy (token).

Key DIP generation at Stage #3 when envelopes are opened:

Due to the squared term, it's best if you deviate as much as possible from your original SCI deposit. Notice also that if people only give out large diplomatic transactions, the divider will grow and everybody will gain less. The resulting DIP will be rounded down up.

The original post also includes couple example scenarios.

UPDATE: The signup is now CLOSED!

Player list:

[shortName] - [charID] - [SCI consumed]:
Bucket - 955 - 20
Roopatra - 17 - 10
Crown - 1 - 100
odin - 1001 - 10
goin2mars - 111 - 90
Erin - 211 - 10
tombot - 215 - 80
Veronica - 759 - 30
Mooo - 88 - 1000
SirJacket - 31 - 1000
noms - 94 - 800
Loaf - 680 - 1000
sammy007 - 1028 - 11
deborah - 1047 - 20

EDIT: deborah added.
Please note that the DIP gained out of the subgame is character-specific and similar to CUL, is not tradable!

The game is on!
Form alliances, use private messaging (BCT, /query in IRC), optimize the above provided formula - but remember that no promise has to be kept.

The closed envelopes for how you wish to send your SCI/DIP (what you consumed for the game, sorry I've used these terms interchangeably) should be delivered to me by Tuesday, 4th of April GMT+2 (Midnight, Finnish time).

If anything in regards to the game is unclear to you, don't hesitate to ask me or any of your fellow players, to make sure that you're all on the same line.
Activity: 763
Merit: 534
Suddenly Zechariah realises that threadposting indeed is important, and decides to incentivise everyone who post to the thread after this post, with CK, as follows:

1st: 4096 CK
2nd: 2048 CK
3rd: 1024 CK
4th: 512 CK
5th: 256 CK
6th: 128 CK
7th: 64 CK
8th: 32 CK
9th: 16 CK
10th: 8 CK
11th: 4 CK
12th: 2 CK
13th: 1 CK
14th: 1*CAN.

This happens while waiting the Transition, which should happen in about 12 hours.

Probably too late, but will post now that I have seen this Cheesy
Activity: 220
Merit: 100

~~~ Diplomacy in Sweden ~~~
A Crypto Kingdom minigame, A.D. 1666
Prince Noms has also joined the party, 800 sci consumed. FOR SWEDEN!!!
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
The Duke of North Face is in!
The carriage has been pulled from storage and the horses shoed...
1000 units of SCI consumed...
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
char 675
I'm 41 now when I die do I keep the same character number?

I'm not quite sure what's coming up with clans with regards to death, but assuming you do die, you can create a heir who will be part of the same "house", which will keep the same character/house id, 675. The new character will have a newer character id, but will still belong to the older house.
Activity: 336
Merit: 265
What should I be doing with it?  Sell it?  Consume it?

Consider holding it, no one actually knows what is an utility of this gem.

Indeed for many reasons, one small but unbounded potential of which the King and one of his elder Knights (who might also be a King in the federation of another very valuable dimension) have reestablished their mutual commitments.

There are several things you can do [i.e. what is this about?]

CK broadens the participation in the game of finance and WoT, a game of life, history, tradition, imagination, reality, and fiction, and thus I think it overlaps also the knowledge creation economy. There is unbounded unexplored territory to stake out for the kingdom.

Thinking $100m CK marketcap is orders-of-magnitude too small. It is a first step.

Can we recruit the King of the NBA and storytelling, Kobe Byrant to his rightful place in our kingdom! Why not!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG0KKlkgCLQ
https://youtu.be/sPYKSovj1lM?t=236
A Lingering Ghost
The participation deadline is by the end of 1666, that is, this Sunday approximately GMT +1 midnight. - -

The deadline for delivering the closed envelopes as described before is by the end of 1667, that is, the next Sunday approximately GMT +1 midnight. - -

The deadline for participation deadlines has been moved onward two (2) days, due to the fact that all attention's been on CK and obviously that is higher on the priority list than this particular event. As CK now settles possibly, I hope that we can then continue with the event with similar enthusiasism. Accordingly, also the "closed envelope" delivery (=end) will be shifted by 2 days. Meanwhile, enjoy your CK speculation Smiley

The new deadline will technically be in 2 hours, but I will allow lenience - just so you know! But better be safe than sorry, so do it now Smiley (command: "CONSUME SCI # [Sweden]")

Current signups for Diplomacy in Sweden:

[shortName] - [charID] - [SCI consumed]:
Bucket - 955 - 20
Roopatra - 17 - 10
Crown - 1 - 100
odin - 1001 - 10
goin2mars - 111 - 90
Erin - 21 - 10
tombot - 215 - 80
Veronica - 759 - 30
Mooo - 88 - 1000
SirJacket - 31 - 1000
noms - 94 - 800
Loaf - 680 - 1000

Furthermore, I will make the rule adjustment that final DIP gained will be rounded up instead of rounding down. This will ensure all participants should receive at least 1 DIP.

(please poke me if you see something wrong / yourself missing etc)
Activity: 490
Merit: 266
char 675
I'm 41 now when I die do I keep the same character number?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
since dark forces exist toady decides to be proactive and pours blessed mead around his house and the houses of a friend. Hopefully this will keep those dark forces at bay should they ever rise.
Toady also offers some mead on the market to give others the chance to protect themselves.
also is m2 corporal? If so I will bury some around my property borders
Activity: 6
The ones in the list who are both 1) do not have char_id and 2) want the 1*SW5 per post (value about 800,000 in the market), please reply to the thread in 24 hours with your main char_id, lest the SW5 will be given to others.

Phoenix bows before master and whispers "978".
Phoenix happily claps hands while looking at his stash and wishing he hadn't sold CK at 13k just to rebuy higher.
Oh, next time Phoenix will pay more attention to master's recommendations. Bad Phoenix, can't even do what master says, and master knows best. Oh, yes. My precious CK...

Activity: 1
char_id=1088
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
What should I be doing with it?  Sell it?  Consume it?

Consider holding it, no one actually knows what is an utility of this gem.
Activity: 29
I just started yesterday, and got 1 SW5.  Thanks!

What should I be doing with it?  Sell it?  Consume it?  I'm reading through the Marttick chronicle, but am still quite confused.  Very interesting world. 

kidjim, Char: 1114
Activity: 8
char_id 1094
I bow down to HRH Zechariah and sincerely thank for the SW5 I recieved.
Activity: 14
Id 1029
Activity: 649
Merit: 500
Excuse my noob question, please, but does it make more sense to start playing from a scratch (simply register) or it's almost necessary to buy someone's account (is it allowed?) to have any fun?

Currently, the only/main gameplay enabled in the game itself is the markets, so having fun requires depositing (though you get some CAN to get you started when you register, so you can get half a monero's worth if you sell it, so you can start with CK for example). You do not need to buy a character for this, and you will get up the ranks if you actively play.

If you consume enough WIS(dom) items (CAN for example) you'll feature on https://cryptokingdom.me/world-top and will be able to progress faster (commoners only) Check the rules here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crypto-kingdom-game-design-1207367

But definitely buy some CK. Soon no man will be able to buy or sell, save he that had the ...  Shocked
Activity: 649
Merit: 500
Excuse my noob question, please, but does it make more sense to start playing from a scratch (simply register) or it's almost necessary to buy someone's account (is it allowed?) to have any fun?

papa_lazzarou was considering selling maybe ?

That consideration is dead and buried. U MAD BRO?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Suddenly Zechariah realises that threadposting indeed is important, and decides to incentivise everyone who post to the thread after this post, with CK, as follows:

1st: 4096 CK
2nd: 2048 CK
3rd: 1024 CK
4th: 512 CK
5th: 256 CK
6th: 128 CK
7th: 64 CK
8th: 32 CK
9th: 16 CK
10th: 8 CK
11th: 4 CK
12th: 2 CK
13th: 1 CK
14th: 1*CAN.

This happens while waiting the Transition, which should happen in about 12 hours.
canget?
EDIT: char 955
EDIT2: 1 bottle to thatbluedude ; (?) (char_id=955)
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

There are several things you can do.

As you said, buying an account is a possbility. papa_lazzarou was considering selling maybe ? Other than that, I'm not aware of sellers, though offers can certainly be made.

Starting from scratch is easy and free, and you get to work your way to the top.

You can also buy your way into nobility from the get go. Zechariah would know how to do this now. I believe it used to be a fee, but it must have changed now.

Last, you can elect to create a "Foreign Owned Corporation", which is a type of account intended for depositors who don't want to play, but just speculate. This has a one time fee, 10 monero, I believe.

Currently, the only/main gameplay enabled in the game itself is the markets, so having fun requires depositing (though you get some CAN to get you started when you register, so you can get half a monero's worth if you sell it, so you can start with CK for example). You do not need to buy a character for this, and you will get up the ranks if you actively play.
A Lingering Ghost
- -

1*SW5 to last_login_24hrs (84)
1*SW to each threadpost counting back from this (182), as follows (peers bolded):

- -
10 bottles to syksy ; HE Prince Syksy Syyskuu of Petrichor, Marquess of the Maple Leaf, Overseer of Weaponry, Arts, Consumption and Wikidom, 20th/I Bt of CK, Fatherhead of the Syyskuu Lineage, CEO of the Grizzly Bear, Grizzly Gear and Jester Corp, AOK-K, AOD-Capt, KI, HB, CB, TB, CCB, SCB, GCB, Grand Master of the QGC. (char_id=138)
- -

*raises hand for threadposting, as well as I believe for the CK reward for analyzing relationship between forum posting and current CK holdings*

My humble thanks for the 1 SW5 I already received, and I am looking forward to receiving more of this precious nectar by Zenon Smiley char id is 138 as originally indicated in the post.
Pages:
Jump to: