Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoCoin Explorer - Coin Block Explorers. - page 14. (Read 30758 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
I will be starting a new CryptoCoinExplorer site in which new or less used coins will have explorers. I felt that with the explosion of new Alt-coins and the fierce competition that is going to ensue, that the established alt-coins need to be on the original CCE away from the rapid growth and chaos of adding the new coins. Once a new coin reaches a certain criteria, it will be considered for movement to the established coin CCE.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Feathercoin Explorer is back up !!

Perfect! Thanks Dream - just in time to finish my PHP page that needed your explorer Smiley
legendary
Feathercoin Explorer is back up !!
legendary
I am going to take the FTC explorer down for a few while I switch it to a postgres database.

I do not want the explorer down while I research this bug with Mysql.
legendary
All explorers are up !!!

Now for the real work      Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks Dreamwatcher Smiley

Only a little bad news -- the Feathercoin Explorer seems to be throwing errors Sad

Thank you.

That is one error message I have been tracking in order to squash.

I am looking into it now.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
All explorers are up !!!

Now for the real work      Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks Dreamwatcher Smiley

Only a little bad news -- the Feathercoin Explorer seems to be throwing errors Sad
legendary
All explorers are up !!!

Now for the real work      Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
The TRC  problem has been solved, and the new TRC ABE database is rebuilding now.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Thanks for the hard work. I visit your site daily, it was missed.
legendary
I am having a bit of trouble with the Terracoin Daemon/database.

Abe is not Able to read the block data, even on a fresh Daemon database.

I am working on it, and I will keep you updated.

I did change the DNS record a bit ago, but it does seem to be taking a bit to propagate, It can take a few hours on occasion.

legendary
The  "classic" CCE is up and running except for TRC. I have to rebuild both the TRC Daemon and Explorer database, but it will be up soon.

DNS propagation is underway.

Use the main IP if you need info before propagation. (84.200.84.74)
legendary
Activity: 1140
The Real Jude Austin
I got worried for a second, one of my favorite block explorers.

Keep up the good work!

Hope to see 2.0 soon!
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Crypti Community Manager
Hey Robert,

can you maybe add CHNCoin too? Thanks a lot! Smiley
legendary
I am by no means permanently shutting down!!!

After some overnight thought, I have decided to go all the way in terms of CCE.

I have upgraded the main VPS to the maximum available from the hosting provider. The VPS is now has 2x the CPU and Memory as before.

I am going to put all my other projects on hold (save one, as others are depending on me), and make CCE the best it can be.

The "classic" CCE should be up and running soon.  CCE 2.0  is in the works   Wink

Robert

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm
Robert, thank you greatly for providing this service.

By all means, prioritize on getting some sleep.  You can't decide what the right course of action is if your brain is so tired it's effectively switched off!  Take care of yourself, first and foremost!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Run top to see which process(es) are using all of the cpu. Could be a ddos on the web server, could be some other form of attack (on the ssh port, mysql, etc). Might look at using cloudflare for dns since it can help with ddos. Sorry you are having such issues. Sad
legendary
I am by no means permanently shutting down!!!

I have regrettably come to the decision to shut down for a short while. I need to sort out what is going in terms of the explorers. I feel as if I am being fought every step of the way.

Suddenly servers cannot take the stress, I am running 200%+ sometimes with CPUs. Network gets so jammed up I cannot log in to administrate the servers.

I do not know if this is an attack, or just symptom of growing bigger.

Either way, I have spent too many sleepless nights and I need to step back and decide what the best course of action is going to be.

The honest truth is that I cannot do anything about the servers going down at the moment, and it feels like I am bailing out a submarine with a screen door. As a matter of fact, even with the site pretty much unavailable, it looks like I am spiking at 400% CPU.

I WILL to be back up in a couple of days. I will still be around here, and look forward to any advice or ideas you may have.

That's it for tonight , I gotta get some sleep.

Robert

legendary
:::sigh::::  I try so hard to give you good service   Embarrassed

Anyways all the coins are up on the backup server and the dns should propagate shortly.
Except for TRC, it will be up shortly, its database was a causality of the Monday night weird thing, attack , whatever.

Again the Back up server IP is 198.58.105.9 if you need to use it before propagation.
legendary
 Smiley Smiley Smiley

CCE has outgrown it's VPS!!

The Explorer will be down for a short time to night as the VPS is upgraded.

Unfortunately the backup server is still a mess after the "strange" activities Monday night.

The down time should be short.... Lips sealed
legendary
Well it looks like everything is back to normal.

I will get the NVC and TRC test net daemons up in a few minutes.

Pages:
Jump to: