Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency to be Taught in Schools? - page 30. (Read 3634 times)

Activity: 262
Merit: 10
September 18, 2018, 07:17:28 AM
The topic is very strange. First you need to decide whether to teach in the main program or as an elective. If we are talking about the basic school curriculum, then this is a completely unnecessary thing. The school should give basic skills for further education and self-development. She must instill the ability to use her brain to solve set tasks. And the knowledge of the crypto currency in these tasks is not exactly included.
This is the maximum idea for an elective, not more. Undecided
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 14
September 18, 2018, 07:12:17 AM
You touched on a very interesting question. From my point of view, the school should teach subjects about financial literacy. A person should be able not only to earn money but also wisely disposes of them. Of course, it will not be superfluous in schools to talk about such a financial instrument as Bitcoin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
September 18, 2018, 07:07:25 AM
I think that it would be very useful. I think, it is not necessary to learn in detail the cryptocurrency, and here you need to know the basics - it is obligatory.
Activity: 420
September 18, 2018, 06:38:58 AM
If crypto does appear in the school's tutorial, then crypto must have evolved to the stage of replacing cash. But I think we hope to see this day may take ten years or even longer.
Activity: 168
September 18, 2018, 06:37:03 AM
I think this is not a bad idea. After all, the virtual world is already in each of us. I think knowledge of the virtual currency for schoolchildren will only benefit. It's my opinion. I just believe that we will soon switch to such a currency.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ
September 18, 2018, 06:28:41 AM
cryptocurrencies are not the one that to be taught in schools. but the blockchain technology is. there are already some programs about teaching about blockchain. and after people adapt it more, i also think that they will teach out children about blockchain.

This is exactly right, I know in Russia they are already teaching blockchain technology. Correct me if I am wrong about this, but I am sure I red an article talking about this in Russia.

I am looking forward also in our country to launch a course about the blockchain technology in order to adopt the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
September 18, 2018, 06:23:53 AM
Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?
I do not guarantee that the knowledge of blockchain technology will be included in the lecture curriculum but the fact is that this technology cannot be underestimated.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
September 18, 2018, 06:19:39 AM
I believe that in future crypto currency will become the main mean of transaction .We must learn the practical use of it. It will happen if we deal in the market. In school we can learn only theoratical part.
If that happens, it won't be soon. Cryptocurrency is a young and fragile financial instrument. I think if the state allows it-we will be able to see it.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
September 18, 2018, 06:16:09 AM
I believe that in future crypto currency will become the main mean of transaction .We must learn the practical use of it. It will happen if we deal in the market. In school we can learn only theoratical part.
Activity: 686
September 16, 2018, 07:32:58 PM
In many universities now occur the courses about blockchain, it's good, but they learn very few about cryptocurrency, mainly studying blockchain technology.
Activity: 299
September 16, 2018, 07:25:53 PM
The crypto ecosystem is still very new and many shortcomings remain unresolved. putting crypto into school now according to me probably too hasty. In addition, if anyone wants to learn and research about crypto they can easily find information on the internet. Everything about crypto, bitcoin are full.
Activity: 84
September 16, 2018, 06:58:03 PM
crypto currency to be taught in school is a wonderful thing and i sincerely believe crypto is here to stay
the truth is that the digitex  world is the future of future of money.. most companies around the world are switching to blockchain technology ..I think is high we started teaching it in it
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
September 16, 2018, 06:24:59 PM
The school has always been late for technological innovations, and we can be sure that when something becomes a school subject, it is something that is already old and outdated.
However, on the initiative of individual professors, the crypts are a field of which one begins to speak, therefore, never lose hope.
Activity: 38
September 16, 2018, 06:04:35 PM
Yeah right, that's true. It should be taught in schools that will be added advantage to those who will have the privilege or receiving such lectures.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
September 16, 2018, 06:00:17 PM
Hi guys!
I'm pretty sure that many of you have been experiencing difficulty on making other people aware of cryptocurrency and how it works, right? I myself find it hard to explain it even to my own family. Once you mention it to them, the first thing that comes to their mind is that it's a scam. Can't blame them though because the news about crypto scams are always hyped in social media and believe me, even my 70 year old mom has Facebook!

Anyway, I realized that this is the case because there has never really been any formal education about it at all. We knew about it only thru word of the mouth right and we only got to learn it slowly thru experience. This said, I'm thinking, what if it's taught in schools? Perhaps just start with those taking Accountancy or Banking and Finance courses to begin with, then eventually incorporate it to Mathematics subject or whatever in High School? After all, they were able to do that with banking, right? Why not with cryptocurrency? What do you think?

Totally disagree on this illusive post,let me ask,  Can Dollar be thought in schools? tell me. if no? then Cryptocurrency is no difference. No doubt Blockchain should be taught in school but i do not support Cryptocurrency.
Activity: 951
Merit: 250
September 16, 2018, 05:52:51 PM
Yes the time will come in future because the digital currency is booming. A lot of people already use this currency. Hopefully in future it will the main transaction system. So the basic learning should start from school.
this is too heavy, there is no regulation from the government regarding crypto legality as a means of payment. I think it's impossible because the material in the school is managed and managed by the government.
if only an introduction and not a main discussion. school is a suitable place for discussion.

Yes, their is no exact role in the government that cryptocurrency can way of payment it is already appear and implemented of some business man all over the world. We all know that it is the easy way of dealing transaction because no hassle and by just holding a phone you can transact as fast as you can.
Activity: 98
September 16, 2018, 05:42:26 PM
It is already happening as blockchain is being taught to some students. Eventually, it will become a norm and evryone will follow the step and the blockchain/crypto knowledge will be known to all.
Activity: 123
Merit: 3
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
September 16, 2018, 05:26:42 PM
I have heard of cases where cryptocurrency is already getting taught in colleges in the United states and some countries in Europe. This is a great move.
I believe teaching crypto related courses and topics from the high school level will go a long way in helping people understand better this technology.
Cryptocurrency needs to evolve and become more of an household name like the internet and teaching can help.
Activity: 448
September 16, 2018, 05:20:22 PM
We all know, at one day cryptocurrency will became our future, so it's good now if cryptocurrency to be Taught in Schools. This will help alot in future and makes students more smarter. There are many students in school which did not focus in studies, but i will pretty sure that cryptocurrency will be a interesting subject for every student and they will definitely take interest in it.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 7
September 16, 2018, 04:53:01 PM
The study is more on blockchain technology, the technology behind cryptocurrency. News from (news.coinify.com) lists some universities that offer Blockchain Courses : New York University (NYU) – USA; Duke University – USA; Princeton University – USA;  Stanford University – USA; University of California-Berkeley – USA;  Cyprus’ University of Nicosia – Cyprus;  University of Cumbria – UK;  IT University of Copenhagen – Denmark;  Blockchain University – USA; B9 Lab Academy – UK. Blockchain and cryptocurrency are inseparable, therefore, any study on blockchain will have to include study in cryptocurrency. In my opinion, the future of cryptocurrency is bright.

Pages:
Jump to: