Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoDredge 0.8.0 — NVIDIA GPU Miner [obsolete] - page 7. (Read 25218 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Seems like the dev keeps dodging the question on the miner manipulating the settings on its own for the devs benefit regardless of what we set.  I'd like to hear answers to the questions.

I'd like to hear them explain why.  My concern is that at 80% I run just under the safe limit for some of my power lines.  Jacking my power up to 100% is not only a fire hazard.  but at the very least it runs the risk of damage to my hardware, especially since my monitoring program closed every time it went into devfee mining.  I could easily see CryptoDredge raising my power to 100% and then leaving it or experiencing a bug that left it at 100%.  I'd rather not risk burning down my rigs or house.

Mostly I'd like them to own up to it, and hear that the software won't change any overclock settings or power at all anymore. Saying it's "fixed" or "resolved" doesn't say that it won't adjust your settings at all anymore or even admit to it. There's obviously code in the miner that was doing it. Is it just doing it less now?  Has that code been removed?  Why was it doing it in the first place?   Right now since they were caught doing that and won't even say more than "resolved" or "fixed", it's very hard to trust that program.  Very shady.
Activity: 213
Merit: 3
Seems like the dev keeps dodging the question on the miner manipulating the settings on its own for the devs benefit regardless of what we set.  I'd like to hear answers to the questions.
Activity: 481
v0.7.0 released

• Improve defvee mechanism
  • Add --retries, --retry-pause, and --timeout options. Check Readme for more information
  • Build first Linux version
  • Other minor fixes

Thanks for continuing your work on this miner.  Unfortunately, version .7 still causes stability issues to the graphics drivers when multiple instances of your miner are run at the same time for different GPUs.  I often get BSoD or display driver resets when closing as few as two instances of Cryptodredge at the same time.  No other mining software seems to have this problem.

Also, you may want to document command-line parameter changes. For example, version .7 changes --pool to --url. Unfortunately, that causes compatibility issues for anyone who has written a script or program to execute your miner, so it would be nice to have those changes documented in the readme file.  Finally, you may want to reconsider your decision to require the Cuda 9.2 as many people have decided to remain with the older Cuda 9.1 drivers for the time being.
Activity: 112
Error. GTX 1080 TI phi 2 algo
The required CUDA version is 9020 or later (current is: 9010)
WARN - NVML is disabled
version 0.6 is working
https://image.ibb.co/fTtH8d/img_2018_07_16_17_18_48.jpg

Use latest GeForce driver
I use ver.388 nvidia driver

Latest version is 398.36
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/135676/en-us
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
Somebody with test results of Lyra2z with GTX1080?
t-rex is the fastest for nvidia in lyra2z ~3400 on 1080.
Activity: 16
Somebody with test results of Lyra2z with GTX1080?
What does "close applications" mean? Does it mean OS freezing? Actually, CryptoDredge is unable to close your apps. "resolved" means "max power" problem was fixed

What does "fixed" mean?  Was it removed?  Will CryptoDredge leave the tdp\power settings alone now?  Or does it just increase it less than 100%?  You need to elaborate on what "fixed" means.

As stated earlier, whenever the devfee mining started, both Awesome Miner and my own mining monitor program would get killed and the tdp would be set to 100% regardless of whatever percentage I had it set to.  This happened every single time the devfee mining began.  Others noted the power spikes causing crashes as well.  If you are saying CryptoDredge doesn't have code to close other applications - then why would my application processes get silently killed whenever the devfee mining started but run fine otherwise? My monitoring program and rigs run for weeks without reboots or issues. The issues I reported only started when I switched to CryptoDredge.

I would appreciate hearing answers to the following:

• Why was CryptoDredge adjusting the tdp to 100% during the devfee mining?
  • Does CryptoDredge adjust tdp at all anymore or will it leave it as the user set it?
  • Are there any other settings that the user may have specifically configured that CryptoDredge will change behind the scenes that may cause crashes (overclocking, etc...)?
  • Why would multiple application processes get killed whenever dev fee mining starts?

I'm sure you can appreciate that people don't want mining software sneakily changing the power usage behind the scenes causing crashes - or even potential damage.  Explaining why that was occurring and whether it will continue to any degree would go a long way toward firming up trust.
Activity: 151
Merit: 10
WARN - NVML is disabled
version 0.6 is working

I use ver.388 nvidia driver
Activity: 238
So, no more cryptodredge for me. They released new version without even telling us that new version is cuda 9.2 only. I was waiting for new version with "fixed" devfee and now we have it, but now they force us to use cuda 9.2, but I want to use stable cuda 9.1 drivers. No choice - no cryptodredge Smiley
lol, cool story, bro. your love for outdated drivers is very funny, keep us updated.
Activity: 157
Merit: 19
v0.7.0 released

• Add --retries, --retry-pause, and --timeout options. Check Readme for more information
  • Other minor fixes

Can you explain how the improved devfee mechanism operates?  Given that it was closing or causing the closure of software and maxing out the tdp to 100% while mining the devfee, I think many including myself would rather know what is going on behind the scenes than take risks assuming the devfee mining works like every other miner's devfee mining and nothing shady is going on. 

Other software just mines 1% of the time for the devfee - and doesn't try to max power or close other applications.  Why does yours and is that removed in this version?
The devfee problem was resolved in v0.7.0. We are hard working to improve our product. Thanks for understanding.

That doesn't explain anything.  Why would you close applications and max power?  Is that removed in the current version?  What does "resolved" even mean in relation to those questions?
What does "close applications" mean? Does it mean OS freezing? Actually, CryptoDredge is unable to close your apps. "resolved" means "max power" problem was fixed
Activity: 200
1. Could you check an another port or the firewall settings.
2. We'll try to resolve issue with "-b localhost:4444"

1. Firewall settings is default.
 Connection established. Command sended normally. Readed answer as `null`. No exceptions.

powershell code work with any ccminer:
Code:
$Client =[Net.Sockets.TcpClient]::new("127.0.0.1", "4444")
$Stream = $Client.GetStream()
$Writer = [IO.StreamWriter]::new($Stream)
$Reader = [IO.StreamReader]::new($Stream)

$Writer.WriteLine("summary")
$Writer.Flush()
$result = $Reader.ReadLine() # $Reader.ReadToEnd() same $null
Write-Host "Answer: $result"

2. Thanks.

Please, try $Writer.Write("summary"), because WriteLine sending "summary\r\n". We'll fix it

> Please, try $Writer.Write("summary"), because WriteLine sending "summary\r\n". We'll fix it

When???
Please check v0.7.0

Fixed, thank you!
Miner ready for testing with MultiPoolMiner (www.multiPoolMiner.io)
1. Could you check an another port or the firewall settings.
2. We'll try to resolve issue with "-b localhost:4444"

1. Firewall settings is default.
 Connection established. Command sended normally. Readed answer as `null`. No exceptions.

powershell code work with any ccminer:
Code:
$Client =[Net.Sockets.TcpClient]::new("127.0.0.1", "4444")
$Stream = $Client.GetStream()
$Writer = [IO.StreamWriter]::new($Stream)
$Reader = [IO.StreamReader]::new($Stream)

$Writer.WriteLine("summary")
$Writer.Flush()
$result = $Reader.ReadLine() # $Reader.ReadToEnd() same $null
Write-Host "Answer: $result"

2. Thanks.

Please, try $Writer.Write("summary"), because WriteLine sending "summary\r\n". We'll fix it

> Please, try $Writer.Write("summary"), because WriteLine sending "summary\r\n". We'll fix it

When???
Please check v0.7.0
v0.7.0 released

• Other minor fixes

Can you explain how the improved devfee mechanism operates?  Given that it was closing or causing the closure of software and maxing out the tdp to 100% while mining the devfee, I think many including myself would rather know what is going on behind the scenes than take risks assuming the devfee mining works like every other miner's devfee mining and nothing shady is going on. 

Other software just mines 1% of the time for the devfee - and doesn't try to max power or close other applications.  Why does yours and is that removed in this version?
The devfee problem was resolved in v0.7.0. We are hard working to improve our product. Thanks for understanding.

That doesn't explain anything.  Why would you close applications and max power?  Is that removed in the current version?  What does "resolved" even mean in relation to those questions?
Activity: 211
Merit: 6
So, no more cryptodredge for me. They released new version without even telling us that new version is cuda 9.2 only. I was waiting for new version with "fixed" devfee and now we have it, but now they force us to use cuda 9.2, but I want to use stable cuda 9.1 drivers. No choice - no cryptodredge Smiley
Can you Add Tribus Algo ?
If there are many requests for this
How to set the intensity for per GPU? It is installed for all at once.
No way. As a workaround for this issue, you might use a few CryptoDredge instances with -d option.
e.g.:

Code:
CryptoDredge -a -o stratum+tcp:// -u -p -d 0,1,2 -i 5

CryptoDredge -a -o stratum+tcp:// -u -p -d 3,4,5 -i 4
v0.7.0 released

• Other minor fixes

Activity: 20
It's finally stable while dev's fee, thanks a lot !
https://ibb.co/bVyCry

Why 120% power? just to test?

No, that's my type of overlocking, I have fixed Voltage though
WARN - NVML is disabled
version 0.6 is working

Activity: 10
It's finally stable while dev's fee, thanks a lot !
https://ibb.co/bVyCry

Why 120% power? just to test?
Pages:
Jump to: