Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoKingdom Uncensored - page 3. (Read 69479 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
July 22, 2019, 10:26:11 PM
Apparently the balances are going to be transferred.
Which doesn't mean much to me as a person who sold his CKG and M to buy B1 and E1.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
July 07, 2019, 05:35:47 AM

THE DRAGON

Has awakened from his slumber...

I must admit I did not expect this (but am pleased), is this a new game or a continuation of the original CK? I hope it is the latter ...
Activity: 162
July 06, 2019, 10:56:29 PM

HIGH!

THE DRAGON

https://forum.levels.fi/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45&p=268#p268

Follow the link to read the words of

HIGH TVA Dragon, King of Crypto Kingdom, Professor of Economics, AOK-GM, etc(x5)

(AKA RISTO)

Join the

Kingdom of the Dragon

And tell em' LOAF sent ya! Wink

Will old CK items and M have value in the new Game?

https://cryptokingdom.me/  is down, is there a new website?
Activity: 763
Merit: 534
July 05, 2019, 11:39:14 PM

HIGH!

THE DRAGON

https://forum.levels.fi/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45&p=268#p268

Follow the link to read the words of

HIGH TVA Dragon, King of Crypto Kingdom, Professor of Economics, AOK-GM, etc(x5)

(AKA RISTO)

Join the

Kingdom of the Dragon

Somewhere in your posts on the new forum, please put this text:

LOAF SENT ME

Ideally, in this thread: https://forum.levels.fi/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22&p=1413#p1413

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
June 10, 2019, 03:37:43 PM
Thanks for the update

What has happened to the XMR still in the game?

I have no access to the XMR and was never provided access. The depository and XMR wallet were controlled by saddambitcoin who I think turned it over to iluvbitcoins.

The https://deposit.cryptokingdomgold.com/ site has been down since at least June 2018.

See more information around this post:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.39544409

So you still had not divide to player or better owners the XMR they invested. But someone still hold them?
Activity: 367
Merit: 255
June 10, 2019, 12:00:21 PM
Good to see this thread still active, I'd love to see a reboot of this concept one day, even something super basic just to let people play again in some form, just to reassemble some of the former CK originals for further brainstorming! Such a great idea, well ahead of its time!

still active..Smiley
May 26, 2019, 02:35:37 AM
Good to see this thread still active, I'd love to see a reboot of this concept one day, even something super basic just to let people play again in some form, just to reassemble some of the former CK originals for further brainstorming! Such a great idea, well ahead of its time!
Activity: 260
Merit: 105
A Lingering Ghost
May 18, 2019, 04:53:12 PM
This may be a radical idea, but how about turning this into a MUD? The roleplaying aspect fits with the of the original platform; MUD codebases are pretty much free and we could add content to an existing engine rather that build from scratch.

Transactions would have to happen manually, but thats not so bad. And the hosting requirements should be pretty low, given the textual rather than graphical nature of the engine.

Thoughts?

It's a great idea in my opinion, and I actually started out testing and exploring MUD-like approaches. I used to play BatMUD and ZombieMUD back in 90s, so I am very familiar with the concept, and I know there are ready engines for MUDs.

However the interface with MUDs and a blockchain was something that became something of a roadblock in my preliminary research. MUDs are ideally real-time, while blockchain implementation has lag in respect to what the tokens may represent and what information is contained within blocks. Further, it's really tricky to couple a ready MUD engine coupled with forking a ready crypto protocol. I couldn't find a "perfect match", and doubt there is.

But I definitely have not forgotten about the MUD idea. I'd probably build my own MUD engine though, as they're relatively simple. However, there are a lot of practical design questions that challenge the traditional MUD concept. Then again, nothing ever works out-of-the-box in such novel combinations Smiley

Cheers,
Syksy
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
April 24, 2019, 08:32:18 PM
This may be a radical idea, but how about turning this into a MUD? The roleplaying aspect fits with the of the original platform; MUD codebases are pretty much free and we could add content to an existing engine rather that build from scratch.

Transactions would have to happen manually, but thats not so bad. And the hosting requirements should be pretty low, given the textual rather than graphical nature of the engine.

Thoughts?
February 12, 2019, 03:38:40 PM
Thanks for the update

I have no access to the XMR and was never provided access. The depository and XMR wallet were controlled by saddambitcoin who I think turned it over to iluvbitcoins.

The https://deposit.cryptokingdomgold.com/ site has been down since at least June 2018.

See more information around this post:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.39544409
Activity: 490
Merit: 266
February 11, 2019, 09:46:12 PM
Thanks for the update

February 11, 2019, 05:56:37 PM

The kingdom is dead. Long live the kingdom.

Unfortunately, nothing to report on the relaunch effort Sad

The source code and database have been preserved.

If anyone wants to do anything with the kingdom, get in touch.

CK Slack is still available here:
https://tinyurl.com/ckslack

February 05, 2019, 07:50:10 AM
Wow, nice to see some CK old timers again, nice Smiley
A Lingering Ghost
February 05, 2019, 06:19:33 AM
Hiya,

I think I'm the only one currently planning anything new to be implemented. I'm not sure where the others have gone, or if there's a big revelation any time soon. Perhaps, there was definitely a prototype under development by Loaf & the gang with a preliminary web interface up. If the development is still active, I've been dropped out of the loop though, so I wouldn't know.

As for me, I implemented a basic grid-based world in Java that was saved in a SQL database that could've worked as a back-end for a game inspired by CK. Why I say "inspired by CK" is that I'd like to make a game with some similarities, but it's definitely not going to be "CK v2" per se Smiley this project is publicly on GitHub, but I'm thinking of retiring it as a dead end.

Since I developed my prototype, I realized that it's basically a very basic tile-based engine for a block world that doesn't really add much worth on top of all the other engines out there. In fact, it was probably much worse than some back-ends that I could've adopted straight out-of-the-box.

Since then I've been revamping my ideas of development; instead of going for such back-end for the game (based on e.g. SQL database or local copy of game state), I've been playing around with the ideas of developing a blockchain that could support such a game. Naturally a blockchain-emergent implementation comes with the pros and cons of a blockchain's inherent properties. The game would be fully functional based on a blockchain, which would make it unique. Storing data / (data) transactions on blockchain of course imposes severe limitations on what game functionality could be implemented, so I'm approaching it in small steps. I've been sketching out a "white paper" of my ideas, though I don't want to put a date on it. It's on Overleaf as a LaTeX document if anybody's curious, but it's really crude though.

Doing something similar to CK is a massive undertaking, and I'm doing it in my spare time on top of my post-doc / family life. I'd greatly appreciate if there would be volunteering enthusiastic individuals out there willing to contribute to such an open source crypto-related initiative, as this would increase the chances of success drastically. So feel free to poke me over a private message and/or IRC (Syksy @ freenode), and I can also give you my personal email.

Naturally I'd love to see others activate, even if they don't want to contribute to my particular approach on this. I'm already grateful to certain individuals, who have been kind enough to share their insight into such a project. I can't make promises as this project cannot take main priority in my life, but it's definitely something that I think is very interesting and worth pursuing in my spare time.

Nice to see old familiar faces around Smiley feel free to chat me up on IRC, though I might respond with a delay. I also have a Discord channel up for my various projects. I am anyway pursuing my hobbies as a game dev (just implemented an "Oregon Trail in Space" in Global Game Jam '19 a week ago, was refreshing to get to implement a whole albeit small game).

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
February 05, 2019, 03:57:15 AM
Back for a dose of nostalgia.
Is something still going on?
Activity: 264
Merit: 250
January 30, 2019, 10:44:56 PM

Indeed 2018's been a harsh year overall, and CK and its derivatives have also been more or less under hibernation. I think it's quite natural given the circumstances. But here's hoping for a solid 2019, happy holidays to all!

Cheers. I haven't given up on my engine despite my GitHub commit's having been focused on my research work focused projects and other (gaming) hobby projects. There's a game jam on Jan 25-27, which I might be able to use as a playground for having this as the back-end, will see Smiley

Of ALL my worthless bags, CK is the one I would most like to see make a comeback, such a good idea, still is!

@Syksy, thanks for keeping the candle burning Smiley
A Lingering Ghost
December 24, 2018, 12:22:16 PM
Any news from @loaf on dev work?

Unfortunately no news from the Slack at least that I'd be aware of, there was a preliminary test version though.
My GitHub project is up and openly avaible though only slowly progressing, so I'll holler out if/when something notable happens on my end.

Thanks Syksy, hopefully we all survive the crypto winter and CK can live again during the next bull market, the idea is still solid.

Indeed 2018's been a harsh year overall, and CK and its derivatives have also been more or less under hibernation. I think it's quite natural given the circumstances. But here's hoping for a solid 2019, happy holidays to all!

Cheers. I haven't given up on my engine despite my GitHub commit's having been focused on my research work focused projects and other hobby projects. There's a game jam on Jan 25-27, which I might be able to use as a playground for having this as the back-end, will see Smiley
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
December 15, 2018, 10:12:20 PM

Unfortunately no news from the Slack at least that I'd be aware of, there was a preliminary test version though.
My GitHub project is up and openly avaible though only slowly progressing, so I'll holler out if/when something notable happens on my end.

Thanks Syksy, hopefully we all survive the crypto winter and CK can live again during the next bull market, the idea is still solid.
Activity: 130
Merit: 14
November 23, 2018, 03:22:21 PM

Unfortunately no news from the Slack at least that I'd be aware of.....

what a damn shame!
A Lingering Ghost
November 18, 2018, 06:16:04 PM

Pages:
Jump to: