Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoNote technical discussion and Chess Challenge - page 57. (Read 96101 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
If anyone likes here chess problems have a look at my thread. I have starting posting problems and will continue doing so. Some will come from real games (or positions that could have occurred in real games). Others I will make up.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12643278
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Current votes by XMR:

Nc3: XMRpromotions
Bd2: ArticMine
Be2: smooth

Nc3 is currently leading by the tiebreaker rule.
legendary
Bd2

I like Be2 better. We can eventually play b3 or something and then move the other bishop out that way. After castling we can move our rook to d, but then we don't want it blocked with Bd2

Be2

EDIT: The h3 Svidler played here in the world cup still looks good to me even though BBR did something slightly different on the previous move, so that is another option, but I will stick with my vote for Be2.
Activity: 770
Merit: 284
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Wow, Monero Mustangs very aggressive!  Or baiting???   Tongue

Nice to see the fractious Cryptonote community coming together from some intramural activity.   Cool

This isn't that aggresive. My normal games at the chess club are way more aggresive.  Grin

It's not crazy aggro but still...relative to BBR's defensiveness....

The point is we control the middle!   Cool

Here is a game of my from a few weeks ago. I was white(elo 1650) and playing against a much stronger player (elo 2050). http://nl.lichess.org/efV5n8Cd

It was a very weird game where i made a big mistake at the end. I finally stood better but played to fast at the end.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

Nice to see the fractious Cryptonote community coming together from some intramural activity.   Cool

This isn't that aggresive. My normal games at the chess club are way more aggresive.  Grin

It's not crazy aggro but still...relative to BBR's defensiveness....

The point is we control the middle!   Cool

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
Activity: 336
Activity: 378
Current position
Based on the votes in this thread Team Boolberry has chosen to play g6. Now it is time for Team Monero to respond. I will plan to count votes again tomorrow at approximately 0:00 UTC.

Team Monero (white pieces) vs. Team Boolberry (black pieces)
white to move

1.e4    c5
2.Nf3   d6
3.d4    cxd4
4.Qxd4 a6
5.c4    Nc6
6.Qe3  g6
For those who may have concerns about this thread being moderated, I added this language to the first post:

To date I have edited/deleted 0 thread posts made by people other than myself. I will update the last sentence if something changes.

I don't think it is even possible for self-moderators to edit posts, only delete.

On my self-moderated thread whenever I delete one or more posts (for violating rules or being completely off topic) I leave a note in their place.

That sounds like a good idea. Hopefully it will never be an issue. I was just trying to protect against 20 sock puppet trolls suddenly appearing on move 25 to rig the vote for some kamikaze move and ruin the game.
legendary
For those who may have concerns about this thread being moderated, I added this language to the first post:

To date I have edited/deleted 0 thread posts made by people other than myself. I will update the last sentence if something changes.

I don't think it is even possible for self-moderators to edit posts, only delete.

On my self-moderated thread whenever I delete one or more posts (for violating rules or being completely off topic) I leave a note in their place.
I believe that you could just have the computer play chess for you that way you always win.

If you are very bored and have an empty life, perhaps you would do that. If you are on this thread for fun and challenge, then what's the point? There's no actual prize for winning other than the enjoyment of playing.

Anyway, so far both sides have had quite an easy method to choose moves. It seems that will be changing soon though.

I feel the same way as smooth. If gambling was involved I would not participate for the reason mentioned by UserVVIP.

legendary
I believe that you could just have the computer play chess for you that way you always win.

If you are very bored and have an empty life, perhaps you would do that. If you are on this thread for fun and challenge, then what's the point? There's no actual prize for winning other than the enjoyment of playing.

Anyway, so far both sides have had quite an easy method to choose moves. It seems that will be changing soon though.
Activity: 294
Damn I already like our (black) position. The white queen is very bad positioned. Just develop our bishop on the diagonal to prevent he does that.

It is still very early but I like this type of position too. White will use their e4 and c4 pawns to try to control the center but we will will have active pieces and good pressure on some of the dark squares.  The next few moves will tell us more about the plans being developed from both sides.
Damn I already like our (black) position. The white queen is very bad positioned. Just develop our bishop on the diagonal to prevent he does that.
So far my Nf6 proposal is losing 3-1 against the g6 votes. The polls will close at about 0:00 so Team Boolberry members should cast their ballots before then.
Activity: 336
I would go here for g6 to prepare Lg7.

+1 for g6
Pages:
Jump to: