Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 212. (Read 172992 times)

Activity: 228
Merit: 10
Hello!

There is a status message of PureVIDZ coin:
Code:
No connections. If anyone has some nodes for this coin, let us know.

How do you think I can let you know the nodes? I opened support ticket but it's ignored.

How do you know it's being ignored? I'm curious to know

Because CoinInfo still shows 0 connections for VIDZ.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Hello!

Code:

How do you think I can let you know the nodes? I opened support ticket but it's ignored.

How do you know it's being ignored? I'm curious to know
Activity: 228
Hello!

Code:

The updates to the market are nice. Rock on Cryptopia!

Also, this exchange was very good about verification even though I am from a geographic location that is a problem for some exchanges.

These people offer steady updates and have outlasted many other places. The new look and feel of the website is amazing! Would be cool to see other places and coins offer this level of service for their product
This place seems to be a cool place for a good portion of the community. I'm curious as to why so much fuss is being brought up here? As if a group of people are trying to sabotage the exchange  Huh
Activity: 56
The updates to the market are nice. Rock on Cryptopia!

Also, this exchange was very good about verification even though I am from a geographic location that is a problem for some exchanges.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261

This may be somewhat true for some users but I actually had a different PW for my Cryp acct than any other exchange, so this does not apply to me.

I sympathise with you losing your funds, but the whole idea of 2FA is that it proves (at least with high confidence) that you have physical possession of the sole authentication device and therefore you are likely to be the rightful owner of the account. [2FA isn't perfect, of course. Email 2FA is useless if a hacker already controls your email, and SMS 2FA can be captured by porting your phone number to new account.]

A different password for each site will not help if you have something that has logged your keypresses, or nabbed your browser's password file. Anyone who has a copy of your "virtual" credentials can log in, from anywhere in the world. That's what 2FA is intended to prevent.

I do think you have raised a valid point about failed logins. Multiple attempts should lock out the account, temporarily at first, for a longer period each failure, then eventually semi-permanently. It does sound like you may be making some assumptions about brute forcing, though.

You made some fair points and you're somewhat right about the brute force statement.  However, Cryptopia themselves are the ones that notified about the "multiple" attempts. Granted, there is no way for me to know exactly how many "multiple" means, but most certainly in implies more than 3, which should be the floor for beginning of acct locking protocols (as you described above).  Since this clearly was either not in place at all or way too easily circumvented by the hackers, which on it's own is more than sufficient grounds for me being due full restitution from Cryptopia.

Although I have now switched over all 6 types security to Google Auth 2FA, this is still insufficient for the trading/withdrawal loophole I mentioned.  Cryptopia admitted that the 2FA (PIN at the time) had temporarily thwarted the hackers from just sending all of the LTC they accumulated to an external LTC wallet. But, they used the trading loophole that i described to artificially dump an unknown shyt-coin at 3% its cost (to obviously another acct they owned).  So bottom line, if a hacker somehow accesses your account, even their 2FA protocols will not protect from your account be liquidated. This is another huge security gap IMO.  Not sure what the bigger, well-respected exchanges has in place to thwart this but there has to be a way.

You say you're not sure what bigger exchanges do to thwart this? I can answer that, nothing. Dumping happens all the time, legitimately. This is not something for the exchange to stop as it is what an exchange is for. For a hacker to get into your account, you did something wrong or had something of yours compromised, whether it is re-using your password elsewhere, getting caught by a phishing scam, left yourself logged in somewhere, had your phone hacked, had someone looking over your shoulder, it is your security that was compromised not the exchange. Cryptopia has more 2FA options than anyone else out there, including on login, that will further protect your account. I suggest you use the options available to you and properly secure your account. Oh, and Cryptopia does appear to lock your account after 3 failed attempts.

lmfao... thanks for your "expert" advice lol. Did you actually bother to read my prior posts?  If you would have, you would realize that I actually did NONE of the things you mention regarding login faults.  Nothing of mine was compromised and as stated, I actually had a different and unique password set since I wasn't sure of Cryptopia's legitimacy yet (ironic, i know).  I doubt that you know what other exchanges have in place to prevent dumping, and your assertion that it can happen "legitimately" is further proof of that.  In what "legitimate" case does someone sell $1000 in coin they just bought for $30?  Maybe there are 1% chance of a legit reason for this that I cant think of but surely 99%+ of this is used to commit the crime I described.  Again, as stated before I have all options now set with the best 2FA GA.  However the dumping issue aside, the bottom line is that they did not have reasonable login protocols in place and that is how the hackers go into my account, so they are legally culpable for full restitution.  If they really do block acct after 3 failed attempts as you say, then the hackers were somehow able to reset this counter so that they could continue to try after 2 bad attempts. This again would be completely the fault of Cryptopia due to leaving hacking vulnerability in their code to allow said resets.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 350
Works well for me, and I hope to see you guys add Gridcoin (GRC) soon!

Yes, definitely support this idea!
Gridcoin is one of my favorite tokens, I plan to buy more Gridcoin and if Cryptopia includes it - that would be great

Also I'm happy to know that Cryptopia will include HST (Decision Token) at the end of a month
Activity: 42
If I  want to know and use this platform, then where to start better? Huh
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
will you be presented on blockshow?
Activity: 56
I love to trade at cryptopia.....
It is simple and superb and this is my first Cryptocurrency trading platform.....
I started with this platform from Oct 2017 but it is never given me any error....
The best and easiest trading platform......
Keep your platform always easy to use......
Thanks.....
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I also use this exchange since the beginning i really like Cryptopia the team member they work professional,this exchange well have a pretty good vision in the future aside from that we can also earn various cryptocurrency as a rewards for such action we have made.
Activity: 10

This may be somewhat true for some users but I actually had a different PW for my Cryp acct than any other exchange, so this does not apply to me.

I sympathise with you losing your funds, but the whole idea of 2FA is that it proves (at least with high confidence) that you have physical possession of the sole authentication device and therefore you are likely to be the rightful owner of the account. [2FA isn't perfect, of course. Email 2FA is useless if a hacker already controls your email, and SMS 2FA can be captured by porting your phone number to new account.]

A different password for each site will not help if you have something that has logged your keypresses, or nabbed your browser's password file. Anyone who has a copy of your "virtual" credentials can log in, from anywhere in the world. That's what 2FA is intended to prevent.

I do think you have raised a valid point about failed logins. Multiple attempts should lock out the account, temporarily at first, for a longer period each failure, then eventually semi-permanently. It does sound like you may be making some assumptions about brute forcing, though.

You made some fair points and you're somewhat right about the brute force statement.  However, Cryptopia themselves are the ones that notified about the "multiple" attempts. Granted, there is no way for me to know exactly how many "multiple" means, but most certainly in implies more than 3, which should be the floor for beginning of acct locking protocols (as you described above).  Since this clearly was either not in place at all or way too easily circumvented by the hackers, which on it's own is more than sufficient grounds for me being due full restitution from Cryptopia.

Although I have now switched over all 6 types security to Google Auth 2FA, this is still insufficient for the trading/withdrawal loophole I mentioned.  Cryptopia admitted that the 2FA (PIN at the time) had temporarily thwarted the hackers from just sending all of the LTC they accumulated to an external LTC wallet. But, they used the trading loophole that i described to artificially dump an unknown shyt-coin at 3% its cost (to obviously another acct they owned).  So bottom line, if a hacker somehow accesses your account, even their 2FA protocols will not protect from your account be liquidated. This is another huge security gap IMO.  Not sure what the bigger, well-respected exchanges has in place to thwart this but there has to be a way.

You say you're not sure what bigger exchanges do to thwart this? I can answer that, nothing. Dumping happens all the time, legitimately. This is not something for the exchange to stop as it is what an exchange is for. For a hacker to get into your account, you did something wrong or had something of yours compromised, whether it is re-using your password elsewhere, getting caught by a phishing scam, left yourself logged in somewhere, had your phone hacked, had someone looking over your shoulder, it is your security that was compromised not the exchange. Cryptopia has more 2FA options than anyone else out there, including on login, that will further protect your account. I suggest you use the options available to you and properly secure your account. Oh, and Cryptopia does appear to lock your account after 3 failed attempts.
Activity: 4
I am trying to do a withdrawal of an eth supported token centra and it has been processing for more than an hour now.Is there any kind of maintenance going on due to the eth hard fork?

Can someone from the team respond to my query?

Did they fix the problem

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

It isnt Cryptopia who isnt secured , Cryptopia is secured  , its the Users oneself safety that the problem is because they use the same email and password for more sites and many users dosn t activated 2FA for all , if all users be sure this dosn t happend again please activate 2FA and use a  email and password only for this Account !

Regards  Lafu

This may be somewhat true for some users but I actually had a different PW for my Cryp acct than any other exchange, so this does not apply to me. And as stated, I had 2FA in place for withdrawals but the hackers were still able to circumvent that Cryptopia "protection" by selling off the coin they converted at 3% of cost to obviously another either hacked or legit Cryp account they owned.  Cryp apparently offers NO protection against this type of obviously criminal activity, which is baffling to me because there is nobody on the planet that would sell be legitimately trying to sell what they just bought at 3% the cost.

That aside, the fact that the hackers were even able to log into my acct in the first place after "multiple failed attempts" is ABSOLUTELY the fault of Cryptopia!  Again, almost every site on the planet will lock your acct after 3 failed attempts, but a site where people have a ton of money in coins doesn't offer this basic protection?  Clearly a major fail.  On top of this, my original CT PW was not only different from my other exchange sites but was also unique vs any PW on any other site, period.  I did this because i was unsure of CT (also the reason I only put a few coins here to start, thank god), so there ls literally no way the hackers could have poached my PW from any other site... once again confirming that there had to be multiple attempts in the hundreds or thousands or more before they got in. 

I still have not heard back (3 days now) regarding my request for full restitution. I suppose I have another 4-5 days until they even read the e-mail, given their recent support response history.
Activity: 62
I have had both good, and not so good experiences here.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
I only recently started using Cryptopia after they started trading in Onion.  So far, I have had absolutely no issues with trading there, other service, I can't comment on, as I haven't yet used them.

The interface is straightforward, not overcrowded, easy to find what you are looking for, and the 2FA isn't a totally obnoxious jump through flaming hoops.

Works well for me, and I hope to see you guys add Gridcoin (GRC) soon!
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
Probably because customers have been complaining about withdrawal times. Relying on BTC to move funds in a timely and consistent manner is almost pointless right now. The mempool is so clogged due to almost every block hitting against the 1MB block size limit. If you want speed, you have to pay more, so your transaction has a better chance of being incorporated.

https://blockchain.info/charts/cost-per-transaction

With a current mempool size (pending transactions) of 60MB and an average block size of 1.05MB, demand is exceeding supply by a very significant factor. It was even worse a few days ago.
I realize that there is a big problem with stuck BTC transactions, you are right about that, but Poloniex somehow manages to send all my transactions with only 0.0001 BTC fee. I've no idea how they do it, but I withdraw BTC from Polo at least 2-3 times a week, been doing so for months, and they always get first confirmation within an hour or two at worst. Most of the time within 30 minutes. I really don't know how they do it, but that's the way it is — dozens of transactions and I don't recall a single one that's been stuck for more than 2 hours.
Jump to: