Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 215. (Read 172992 times)

legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 3114
By the way, that jankekek's comment about cryptopia's deposits and withdrawals reminded me that there is indeed a problem with the interface of the site. When I open either the deposit or withdrawal history, I see a table with all the relevant data like "currency", "amount" etc. One of the most important columns in those tables is "transaction ID": when a withdrawal is "stuck", for example (ie it says "complete" but nothing arrived to the wallet after an hour of waiting), I copy the TX ID and paste it into a blockchain explorer to see what's going on with the transaction. Except cryptopia's tables are broken and they don't display TX ID's properly:

The only way to actually get the full TX ID is to export the table (and btw, your PDF's are also broken, although it is possible to copy the full TX ID from the PDF — it's just the formatting that is messed up there). I don't think that's how it's supposed to be, all the other exchanges I've been to don't have this kind of problem (and some better ones not only display the TX ID, but present it as a link to the blockchain explorer website so the user doesn't even have to copy/paste).

Double click on TxId  ,  copy   (Strg+c)  , paste in blockexplorer (Strg+v) , Finish   !

Regards   Lafu
Activity: 355
Merit: 250
By the way, that jankekek's comment about cryptopia's deposits and withdrawals reminded me that there is indeed a problem with the interface of the site. When I open either the deposit or withdrawal history, I see a table with all the relevant data like "currency", "amount" etc. One of the most important columns in those tables is "transaction ID": when a withdrawal is "stuck", for example (ie it says "complete" but nothing arrived to the wallet after an hour of waiting), I copy the TX ID and paste it into a blockchain explorer to see what's going on with the transaction. Except cryptopia's tables are broken and they don't display TX ID's properly:

The only way to actually get the full TX ID is to export the table (and btw, your PDF's are also broken, although it is possible to copy the full TX ID from the PDF — it's just the formatting that is messed up there). I don't think that's how it's supposed to be, all the other exchanges I've been to don't have this kind of problem (and some better ones not only display the TX ID, but present it as a link to the blockchain explorer website so the user doesn't even have to copy/paste).

The Datatables are not broken. if you copy the TxId it will copy the whole TxId not the truncated version
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Newb at digital currency here, having a geez at the cryptopia tools. Wonder what some of the more experienced traders/day traders think of it
Activity: 28
 I like being able to tip others and the rewards there are awesome. You can get coins rewards for mining and chatting, trading. Lighting fast trading engine,fast deposits and withdraws. It always seems to run very smoothly and issues are slim to none. though. Come check out cryptopia today and find out for yourself.Cryptopia is the best exchange I can found. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Cryptopia is back again   !
legendary
Cryptopia is currently in scheduled maintenance mode
Estimated downtime 40 minutes
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause
Activity: 179
Merit: 10
I can not understand why when I started my bitcoin on the exchange I can not buy altas? Writes something like
Currency Available Total Open Orders Est. BTC Favorite
  Bitcoin (BTC)
  0.00000000 0.01110900

Estimated BTC: 0.01110900 BTC
Estimated BTC (Altcoin only): 0.00000000 BTC

What to do?

Sorry for english
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
The deposit and the withdraw is a piece of shit, but thanks to the gods the fee system working well. I will use it cautiously in the future.
Activity: 387
Merit: 11
Great exchange! I have been using for quite some time. Is is user-friendly and easy to use.
legendary
Over the past three days I've tried contacting Cryptopia support via their web form a few times, Twitter a couple times, and a Facebook "direct message" once...maybe this will work.

For some reason, I now have to authorize my log in attempts via email. Problem is, by the time the email arrives (sometimes 12 hours later), the verification code doesn't work.

I thought that maybe this was just an issue with AOL email addresses, but apparently it isn't. (Out of curiosity, I opened a new Cryptopia account with a different email. I received the initial "account-creation" email, but not the email that's required to log in.)

Bottom line: I can't access my account or the funds that are in it. Three days is a long time to wait for a reply. Who can I contact to regain access to my account / funds? 

Hey dude

AOL, Verizon and AIm addresses all have the same issue, we've conacted them about it but they don't seem to care
best getting a new email address that isn't with one of those providers
Also we need your Cryptopia username , you can pm this if dont want to write it here !

Regards  Lafu
Activity: 38
Over the past three days I've tried contacting Cryptopia support via their web form a few times, Twitter a couple times, and a Facebook "direct message" once...maybe this will work.

For some reason, I now have to authorize my log in attempts via email. Problem is, by the time the email arrives (sometimes 12 hours later), the verification code doesn't work.

I thought that maybe this was just an issue with AOL email addresses, but apparently it isn't. (Out of curiosity, I opened a new Cryptopia account with a different email. I received the initial "account-creation" email, but not the email that's required to log in.)

Bottom line: I can't access my account or the funds that are in it. Three days is a long time to wait for a reply. Who can I contact to regain access to my account / funds? 
legendary
Cryptopia looks nice I think i'll transfer my coins from bittrex(already blocked my acc onc for no reason)

My quest is does crytopia requires detailed verification and registration like bittrex?

Heya dude if you want to  verification  for your account  look here  https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/UserVerification   

Regards   Lafu
legendary
Buy and sell are tied to a wallet, so i figured that those should be disabled as well?
If buys and sells would be tied to the wallet — it would be insane. Smiley Just imagine with how many transactions the blockchains would be loaded with if every order on an exchange would actually go through the wallet. All those bots doing buys and sells 24/7.. blockchains would explode. Not to mention the time it would take for each transaction. I'm no expert on the internals of crypto exchanges, but I'm pretty sure all the trading goes through some kind of internal database. You deposit some coins to your exchange wallet, and then the number (and type) of coin gets recorded in the exchange's database. Whatever trading you do with those coins never really has anything to do with the coin's wallet, only the internal database of the exchange gets updated with every trade. And when you decide to withdraw something from an exchange — that's when the wallet gets involved and an actual coin transaction happens (through the blockchain).

There's absolutely no reason to stop smartcash trading on the exchange even though the wallet is disabled. It's just users trading whatever they've already had deposited on the exchange, and all that happens with every trade is just some values get updated in the internal database.
Activity: 312
Merit: 104
Buy and sell are tied to a wallet, so i figured that those should be disabled as well?
legendary
Guess the wallets are not down for everyone...
Deposits are disabled (and withdrawals, I suppose), but trading isn't. Those users that already have their coins on the exchange can trade them.

What I don't get though is why cryptopia still hasn't enabled the wallet. The smartcash team informed cryptopia about the mandatory update like 2 days before the block 173510, the zerocoin code was removed from the last version of the wallet, yet cryptopia says that they're still waiting for some other update that fixes zerocoin issues. There's nothing to fix here for now, the code was removed from 0.8.7.13, all it takes is just to stop the old daemon (already done, since the wallet is disabled), start the new daemon and wait a few minutes for it to sync. It took a few hours for other exchanges to do that, but for some reason it takes cryptopia days.
Activity: 839
Merit: 267
Chad Hodler since 2013
@Mike011 I intend that deposit and withdraw are locked, but trading on markets is still allowed for those having funds in their topia balance, or am I missing anything here?
Activity: 312
Merit: 104
Since yesterday Zcoin and Smartcash wallets are down due to a Zerocoin exploit. However, i can see ongoing market transactions for these two coins (both buy and sell), so if the wallets are down, how can the transactions for these trades be made? Also, when are these two wallets going to be opened? Something veeeery shady is going on here...

Smartcash:

Zcoin:

Guess the wallets are not down for everyone...
Activity: 108
Merit: 11
Cryptopia looks nice I think i'll transfer my coins from bittrex(already blocked my acc onc for no reason)

My quest is does crytopia requires detailed verification and registration like bittrex?
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
Love the amount of tokens listed on Cryptopia! Great job to the team!  Smiley
Cryptopia have good and fair value of tokens, I think many capitalist and traders are enjoyed this site.
Moreover almost all coins and tokens are included in this site, also exchange was so easy and fast that's why you can't regret if you are member of this cryptopia.
Hoping that this site will become more successful and run for long time because I love using exchange.
Jump to: