Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 232. (Read 172850 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Write database script days/weeks ago.
Maintenance starts.
Open script, press F5.
<35 mins later>
Script complete, take site out of maintenance.

If you're doing maintenances and deployments correctly, it's about as involved as installing Windows is these days - it's seriously clicking a few buttons and then nervously watching a progress bar.
Activity: 1429
Merit: 264
You claimed without any evidence or understanding that we're abusing confirmations to manipulate markets and give ourselves some kind of trading advantage. You fucking behave yourself.

I would kick you in the face if you talked to me like that in real life..

Maintenance my ass. You are hanging out at bitcointalk. Back to work!

Gaycoins.. You deserve to be poor.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
(Cryptopia is currently in scheduled maintenance mode).
Amateurs!
I mean, sometimes you've just gotta do code changes that require the site to be down, and other times you just gotta do hardware cutovers that require the site to be down, and sometimes you do both of those things at once and want a little time to make sure that production deployed fine before you resume business with all of your customer funds at stake right?

I just had a look and the Trollbox is still there, so I don't think we're in amateur country yet.

Look sorry excuse me for my squeamishness here, but I do find it disconcerting that a cryptocurrency exchange representative on a public forum like this swears in the hardest terms not once but twice at a poster and potential customer.
I was considering putting a few BTC to trade alts on cryptopia, pottymouth hasn't really made me more confident to do so, although I may or may not do that anyway.
Don't get me wrong, I think you are right about delisting low difficulty coins when the chain can be attacked. Isn't there a better way to say this in a professional context other than "fuck" and "fucking"?

I'm not going to throw excuses at you, because I'm fully aware of what you're thinking when I have to glare across my desk at the boss man while internally screaming "DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD YOU MAKE MY JOB SOMETIMES?!". That being said, and despite the foul language, would you rather trust an exchange that has active staff members in this community, that take pride in their product, and has a guy in charge that clearly wears his heart on his sleeve.... or would you rather head off to the Service Discussion and Scam Accusations sections to see how some of our competition is doing?
Activity: 1429
Merit: 264
(Cryptopia is currently in scheduled maintenance mode).

Amateurs!

PS: Gaycoins ? One thing is admin(s? fire the jerk!) with no sense for administration (all ways on. 100% uptime etc. Probably don't ring a bell in there). But gaycoins ? How could you sink so low?

PPS: I guessed it. You wanna make money on buttfucking too.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Cryptopia is a fine exchange. It has a good future ahead. Their arbitrage section is miles ahead. Is there any other exchange at the moment that lets you compare prices between different markets?
Activity: 107
Look sorry excuse me for my squeamishness here, but I do find it disconcerting that a cryptocurrency exchange representative on a public forum like this swears in the hardest terms not once but twice at a poster and potential customer.

I was considering putting a few BTC to trade alts on cryptopia, pottymouth hasn't really made me more confident to do so, although I may or may not do that anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I think you are right about delisting low difficulty coins when the chain can be attacked. Isn't there a better way to say this in a professional context other than "fuck" and "fucking"?

So what are you proposing? That we just continue to allow low difficulty networks to be exploited by people with large amounts of hash to throw around. To let them slowly make us not liquid in a bunch of alts and bleed BTC from unsuspecting users? And I suppose we should also have to cover this all ourselves rather than address the problem at hand?

Or, we could start delisting these coins that have demonstrated that they are unable to sufficiently secure their networks so that we can prevent ourselves and our users from losing coins.

If you don't understand the reasoning behind the action we're taking then you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Behave yourself!

You claimed without any evidence or understanding that we're abusing confirmations to manipulate markets and give ourselves some kind of trading advantage. You fucking behave yourself.
Activity: 666
Merit: 500
So what are you proposing? That we just continue to allow low difficulty networks to be exploited by people with large amounts of hash to throw around. To let them slowly make us not liquid in a bunch of alts and bleed BTC from unsuspecting users? And I suppose we should also have to cover this all ourselves rather than address the problem at hand?

Or, we could start delisting these coins that have demonstrated that they are unable to sufficiently secure their networks so that we can prevent ourselves and our users from losing coins.

If you don't understand the reasoning behind the action we're taking then you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Behave yourself!

I am glad to see that you follow your exchange in reality and it took you one day to reply. Just like the deposit method you made.
Very nice attitude for exchange developer who wants to attract people.
If I knew your manners from the beginning, I would have never deposited a single coin in there.
Have a great day and enjoy your life to the maximum.
I won't bother replying to you again. From now on you are on my ignore list.
Activity: 176
Merit: 102
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

Behave yourself!

Activity: 677
Awesome exchange with nothing but growth ahead of it. Smiley
Activity: 98
I got through this website and find it's a good place for digital marketplace. But, didn't understand much how it is working? Is that aplace like Amazon and Alibaba or Flipkart? What are the products we can offer and buy here. Is that only the place of market for digital products or the physical products?

Behave yourself!
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1094
Today I had issues logging in. My password was right but still it kept saying wrong password and it did not send me any notification of a failed login attempt which it does always. I had to reset my password which made me panic as I was sure my password was right. I don't get why did this happen.
Activity: 176
Merit: 102
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

200 confirmations is  horrible.
They just need it in order to get enough time to sell their coins if there is a pump so you cannot send your coins and profit.
I am out of cryptopia because of this practice.

If this is what people think we will just delist all coins with insecure networks

I have never seen an exchange where you send coins one day and the coins are deposited the next day because of two hundred confirmations.
It's ridiculous.
The point of cryptos is fast transactions.
Would you like it if you go to purchase something in 2 years with bitcoins and the shop says pay today and come back tomorrow to collect the goods until your payment is confirmed?  Cheesy
Of course your answer would be, I pay in fiat, then.
Activity: 355
Merit: 250
They just need it in order to get enough time to sell their coins if there is a pump so you cannot send your coins and profit.

If this is what people think we will just delist all coins with insecure networks
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10537
Quick note that the required deposit confirms for some coins seems to have made a big jump to 200 sometime within the past week or so. For a 1-per-minute coin this is 3 hours and 20 minutes for Cryptopia to accept and credit the deposit. Can't find anything in the news about this.

Previous deposits will show the new required confirms here: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/DepositHistory

it may be for coins which had a successful 51% attack and double spends took place on their chains. so it is possible they have increased the number of confirmations required for said coins to prevent this until the problem is solved.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Quick note that the required deposit confirms for some coins seems to have made a big jump to 200 sometime within the past week or so. For a 1-per-minute coin this is 3 hours and 20 minutes for Cryptopia to accept and credit the deposit. Can't find anything in the news about this.

Previous deposits will show the new required confirms here: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/DepositHistory
Activity: 325
Merit: 251
Any ideas?
#RussiaCoin Update 20th June 2017

Version 1.2 was released on GitHub a few days ago while the website is in the process of getting a spring clean and dusting.

GitHub: https://github.com/RussiaCoinDotInfo/RussiaCoin/releases/tag/V1.2.0.0
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10537
Are the Cryptopia owners actually Kiwi's?
Hello yes the Owners are Kiwis and from New Zealand !!!!
Regards Lafu

LOL, i never know "Kiwi" also means people from New Zealand! thank you google Smiley

Cryptopia, why you are delisting coins without any announcement? MOON for example disappeared even without canceling the orders...  Huh

i guess you have to subscribe to their Twitter, in order to get the warnings. also it may be helpful to check the news section of the website from time to time.
https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/813931175169265664
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News
Jump to: