Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 230. (Read 172900 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
The deposit and the withdraw is a piece of shit, but thanks to the gods the fee system working well. I will use it cautiously in the future.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
what the fuck is wrong with your deposit confirmations. it's taking ages.
Activity: 938
Merit: 517
Cryptopia when you will add UNIFY?
Community is waiting
Activity: 518
Merit: 265
Want to ask

If I enable 2FA email, can I use a different email (to receive verification code) with the email I used when first registering in cryptopia ?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Hello, what are the fees for exchange on your site?
I like the idea of setting everything in one place for bitcoin-users. Does it have any regional restrictions?
Activity: 15
Devs:

What you have already done with 200 confirmations is killed a fly with a 30 ton steel beam instead of just using a fly swatter... and the beam wasn't yours, but it belonged to your customers and you damaged it in the process.

You should have at least put a note that stating "Due to security issues with the block chain for the coin you are transferring we have had to increase processing to 200 confirmations.  This could delay the availability of your coin for up to 24 hours.  Please note this prior to confirming that you are transferring these coins to your wallet here on Cryptopia."

What a simple solution that would have stopped many people from having lost money due to Cryptopia ... oh, wait, you said stopping us from losing coins (i.e. money) was the reason for the 200 confirmations.  I would have rather risked the 51% attacks and been able to trade quickly.

Other solution as you stated in a previous post - just don't list insecure coins and get rid of any coins that aren't secure and no one would have lost money on a 51% attack.  You caused your customers significant losses due to some prices dropping by 60-80% between the time the coin should have been able to be traded, and the time the coin actually will be available (giving even 20-30 minutes as a high end reasonable time frame with 20 confirmations on a slow block chain).
Activity: 57
That DNS change was to substantially upgrade our load balancing infrastructure, this is to support our next phase of standing up servers in Asia and Europe. The increase in demand on our application in the last few days has been huge, but we're taking scaling pretty seriously. Bare with us over the next while as we gently migrate to new hardware one piece at a time.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049
Only I do not have a website?
I can not find the DNS server address of www.cryptopia.co.nz

There is a software update as what Cryptopia have posted on their twitter account. Better check it for yourself https://twitter.com/cryptopia_nz?lang=en
AFAIK, it will take a day or more before the dns to propagate and to be fully working.

I have a pending order to sell CHC in cryptopia and now I do not have access. What will happen to my transaction after a 1 day hiatrance waiting for them to update?  Huh

You will loose all. A big monster will come and eat first all of your coins, than your account and after this your complete family.

lol!

btw its back online

Yes! I didn't expect for the dns to propagate quickly. I confirm also that it is working on my end. Maybe we are the lucky ones to have it working after the dns update considering zidane's post.
not for me
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

There is a software update as what Cryptopia have posted on their twitter account. Better check it for yourself https://twitter.com/cryptopia_nz?lang=en
AFAIK, it will take a day or more before the dns to propagate and to be fully working.

I have a pending order to sell CHC in cryptopia and now I do not have access. What will happen to my transaction after a 1 day hiatrance waiting for them to update?  Huh

You will loose all. A big monster will come and eat first all of your coins, than your account and after this your complete family.

lol!

btw its back online
Activity: 490
Merit: 103

Your script will be a bad thing if it happens. Luckily not. They have been updated and I have the right to log in now.  Smiley

Activity: 490
Merit: 103

Activity: 47
That means that it is 1 day down?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Activity: 29
Hi Cryptopia,

Could you do something to process more quickly the deposit ?

I made a siacoin deposit 2 hours ago and still waiting confirmation (20...). It's really long compare to all other exchange.
Siacoin is just an exemple many others coins have the same issue of taking so long time to be confirme...

There's some discussion about this recent change beginning here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19723193

Thanks, I didn't saw that.

Agree to be protect against 51%, but siacoin is not a so much a shitcoin i guess. How the other exchange manage it ? I don't wait 2/3 hours my siacoin deposit even when I will draw to my sia wallet on my personnal computer is just few minutes !!!
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Hi Cryptopia,

I made a siacoin deposit 2 hours ago and still waiting confirmation (20...). It's really long compare to all other exchange.
Siacoin is just an exemple many others coins have the same issue of taking so long time to be confirme...

There's some discussion about this recent change beginning here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19723193
Activity: 29
Hi Cryptopia,

Thank you
Activity: 57
We're engineering some pretty sophisticated layer 7 protections, including but far from limited to how users log in. It's not in yet, but when it is you won't need to worry about whether the signpost is part of the sign or not and/or that a gondola is a boat.

You probably won't be having this problem in August.
Jump to: