Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 92. (Read 173234 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

All the "Hope"-ers
Want to wager all my ETH and ERC20 tokens** that you won't be able to withdraw squat before end of the week (Friday 5PM NZ time)?

*know that guy  Grin

** all my ETH and ERC20 tokens HELD in trust on Craptopia servers
Merit: 708
This one too

https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1100596382254084096

Now... where did all those FUD/Exit scam spammers go... Want to share you opinions now?

Good news, but I will not believe it until I see it live and I won't be able to transfer my coins and won't see it on my personal local wallet.
I hope it won't be postponed again and again now...
legendary
Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041
My best guess is that we will all have to take a 10-15% haircut before it's all said and done with. Well, that is before you will be able to withdraw any funds anyway.

stop pushing this bullshit agenda its not possible since 90% of the coins are illiquid as F*ck on there and even if they where not its bullshit to make everyone pay for their incompetence.

You eth / erc20 holders are just going to have to eat the loss .. there is no reason to kill a whole bunch of other coins so u can get your money back.

maybe you will get a Cryptopia stock coin that gives u a part of the fee's so u get your money back in 2030.

They said going Live so ill assume they dont mean Read only and we will beable to get out money out tomorrow that why they need the extra day I hope.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 103
♦♣♥♠
https://twitter.com/ivan_sharmanov/status/1102401098168627200
This is a great tweet that illustrates the situation well.

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
Interestingly they did not say that small insignificant "read only" word in the last tweet, that makes the last updates almost totally useless.

This delay create more irate clients since everyone is expecting for their read only opening today.

After their read-only opening we also need to take into account that there will another set of delay to open the site for withdrawal.

I just hope they open each wallet at a time for deposit and withdrawal as soon as they are secured and not to wait for 100% of wallet to secured.

Last update was 24% of wallet is already secured and im sure they will secure the top coins first and they should allow withdrawal on those 24% secured wallet.
Activity: 365
Merit: 14
Interestingly they did not say that small insignificant "read only" word in the last tweet, that makes the last updates almost totally useless.
Activity: 826
Merit: 103
My best guess is that we will all have to take a 10-15% haircut before it's all said and done with. Well, that is before you will be able to withdraw any funds anyway.

Before hack, place wallet in maintenance, same as read only.  No trade / No withdraw mode.  Takes 20 secs.
Keep "aiming", not sure how many times someone has shot them selves in both feet, multiple times, but "aim" for the all time record.
When is cryptopia read only supposed too open it's now Monday night  in nz

Looks like we have to wait until tomorrow for their read only opening

From Cryptopia twitter: https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1102400050812993536

Update: We were aiming to get the site live today however, we have had a slight delay and are aiming to have the site live tomorrow. We will keep you updated as this progresses.

Activity: 308
Merit: 112
When is cryptopia read only supposed too open it's now Monday night  in nz
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
Tomorrow is the day Cryptopia will open doors again (in view-only mode).
While some users might be looking at their page which hasn't be updated since the hack and disbelieve that tomorrow they'll open, in reality Cryptopia's personnel is powering up their servers.

Actually... I manged to take a sneak peek inside!
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
Now deleting comments.

So it's
1. ignore
2. ridicule
3. out right attack

Why make that move exact when Craptopia is suppose to open for business tomorrow. Huh

Hired bitcointalk MOD to intimidate with DEL-power, that indicates fear not confidence.

If your comments get deleted then you are breaking the rules.

The only one you can blame for that is yourself.

Make Hopium Great Again!

That's all that is on offer here.

We can all HOPE it up.  After the asshats prove they actual have 90%+ (by the market value not coin supply).

Signed with keys,  Roll Eyes, no doubt it just more of the "Trust Us" line?

Then how many months before you have "FULLY secured the servers" for withdraw?

Then how many years before the actual EXCHANGE functions return; with the ability to withdraw.  

Then there's $13M (at least) of liability that needs hypotheticated.
Activity: 1491
Merit: 320
🐪

Also ... hacked for the 3rd time?  No comment?

If someone steals private keys and people keep depositing into the compromised address then that is not getting hacked again. Crypto balances are kept on the blockchain. Once someone has a private key all transfers happen on the blockchain not the wallet.

Claiming that it is "another hack" shows lack of understanding about how public and private keys work.

I don't believe Cryptopia was hacked for the 3rd time. They probably moved funds to secure address (or someone kept sending funds to compromised address).

Hope they will deliver what they promised:

Quote from: cryptopia twitter
Update: We are aiming to have the Cryptopia site re-opened as read only by Monday.
@pinoy$$$
PR management consultant for ICO-crypto-trash much?
[Done well Done]

Check my previous post in this thread, All i want is for them to comeback so i can get my money out of their system.

Do you have any cryptocurrency lock up in your cryptopia account? If none then i don't see your point of being here.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

You have lot's of media reporting hacked for the 3rd time.

The media has reported a lot of things. Most of it inaccurate.

As Satoshi once said "If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry."

Why not communicate DO NOT SEND TO OLD ADDRESSES on homepage JAN 15.

Generally the priority with a cybercrime is to preserve the evidence and disconnect from the internet.

When there is an announcement that there has been a security breach / hack people need to be told not to send more crypto because they cannot think of that themselves ?

Are you for real ?

https://web.archive.org/web/20181218153900/https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/RiskStatement
https://web.archive.org/web/20181218153858/https://cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Terms
@pinoy$$$
PR management consultant for ICO-crypto-trash much?

Re: HYIP 102 - Typical scammers playbook

Steps from the typical scammers playbook

Step 1) Build Relationships of Trust,Gain the trust of the people, the bigger the audience the more backers you'll have. The more backers you have, the more people will trust you....rinse and repeat until you are a "trusted person" or in this case a "trusted admin".

Step 2) Divert and blame, Create a third party diversion. e.g. We can't operate in the US anymore. e.g. our servers went down and we are having issues. Our processor has frozen our account, and there is nothing we can do. The government where we are is restricting our business.. Make sure the blame is on the third party so the trust is not broken that was gained in Step 1. Its all their (the 3rd party's) fault and we are helpless to do anything. Pick a believable target to blame such as a government, payment processor, technology etc..and transfer all blame to the diversion.

Step 3) Reinvent, Announce that the only way the program can continue is if we start a new company, a new program or restrict operations in certain countries (e.g. we can no longer accept US citizens). We can only operate in a certain country now. This allows the person to take the most of the funds away and reset the books so to speak. Typically this is where the admin or trusted individual says we are starting over better and stronger than ever before so we don't have the same mistakes that happened in Step 2(Divert and Blame).

Step 4) The BIG Take, Because everyone really trusts you as the "trusted person" or "trusted admin" they are able to take a large number of people into a new program. Since the first program was paying on time and so well, they think I am not missing out and I will dump in more money this time. Everyone is super excited and hyped that a new launch is occurring that is supposed to solve all the problems. Everyone is super excited because they missed getting in early last time, so this time they want to go ALL In. Large deposits are then made typically into the new program which the scammer wants and has planned for in "The Big Take"...This is where scammers make the most money. They are willing to go through all the steps 1-3 just to get to this "Big Take" step. It's the big haul. Its where people can really get burned badly. This is where you hear stories where people dumped their life savings or retirement money in and got badly burned.

Step 5) The Disappearing Act, you are all too familiar with what this one is..self explanatory.

Where is Cryptopia on step 3 or step 5?

Step 2 transfer all blame to CUSTOMERS, send hacks to Say "Just wait" "you'll love the new haircut"
[Done well Done]

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/awj30o/cryptopia_crypto_exchange_lost_94_of_its_holdings/
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Despite all of this recent promising activity, https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/ has STILL not been updated, showing the same message it did more than a month ago.

Also ... hacked for the 3rd time?  No comment?

If someone steals private keys and people keep depositing into the compromised address then that is not getting hacked again. Crypto balances are kept on the blockchain. Once someone has a private key all transfers happen on the blockchain not the wallet.

Claiming that it is "another hack" shows lack of understanding about how public and private keys work.

No it shows Cryptopia's lack of understanding about how public communication works.

You have lot's of media reporting hacked for the 3rd time.

Why not communicate DO NOT SEND TO OLD ADDRESSES on homepage JAN 15.
Why not have a press kit for the media on homepage JAN 15.  on March 2?  Nope still nothing.

It shows Cryptopia's lack of understanding about how blockchain works.

You lost the private keys you got hacked for the 3rd time.

Else you would being monitor the addresses and sweeping any deposits that show up.

Either you and the crypto-police-NZ are not doing due diligence.  Monitoring the compromised addie/keys.

Or you don't have a copy.  

There's lot's of blocksplaning needed here.  You've had 6 weeks to get the story ready.

Still waiting.
"Cryptopia managers are onsite" -Feb 7

....and if you had read the rest of the links in my post you would have realized why they were onsite to assist the police. http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/2012/0024/latest/DLM4355803.html

It is clear that Cryptopia management had access to servers and understand of what was taken on Jan13-15, police may have arrived and sealed the area off for a day or so, but likely had executives and key techs on-sight at "the scene" the whole time.

From the police statement in Jan, reads that "Cryptopia will reopen before Feb14"; meaning not get access to the building, but open the business for business.  Such a statement would suggest Cryptopia management had been assisting on-site, working with police, but police also working with Cryptopia management on a timely/safe re-opening.

That means a working plan to reopen ON Feb14.
That means securing funds that you have before Feb14.

Or at least publish what is lost ON Feb14 not March4. 

Cryptopia acting like you all had not a single clue as to what is what and what do we have and not have UNTIL Feb15.

Is an insult.

Read your own tweets.  Read the police tweets.  Your important "guys" were in the loop and in the building long before Feb15.

Also ... you have had scammer Twitter accounts prey on your clients.  Because you can't manage to update the website and post OFFICIAL channels.

Also ... hacked for the 3rd time?  No comment?

Lets stop this unnecessary negativity on this thread, Crytopia already provided an update to the extent of loses from hacking incident.

Lets just wait and observe what will happen next week for their read-only opening.
Pages:
Jump to: