Pages:
Author

Topic: Custom RAM Timings for GPU's with GDDR5 - DOWNLOAD LINKS - UPDATED - page 63. (Read 155568 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
You guys are funny, I bet none of you have figured out all 20 of those timings.  It is tough as shit to figure out- here's a challenge for you 3-  if you kilo, jstefanop  and eliovp can each post one of the following 3 timings from The Stilts Hyinx 1250 strap- I will then be a believer, otherwise I say you're all full of shit/

1 - tWR
2 - tWTR
3 - tRCDR

Good luck

- that's funny.  I will do one- how about tWTR - it really doesn't matter to me

I changed my mind, I am going to post the tRTW to prevent giving away to much info -  the tRTW in the following Stilt strap is 21

77 71 33 20 00 00 00 00 08 39 47 2A 50 55 0C 0B 24 20 45 04 00 46 C4 00 22 BB 1C 00 5C 0B 14 20 4A 89 00 A0 00 00 01 20 12 0C 21 1E 51 19 26 13

tRCDR - 0xE.

Correct me if I wrong, based on compare of custom straps from The Stilt with original one. Timing info contain in the string  77 71 33 20 00 00 00 00 08 39 47 2A and possible it's magic 3 registers one of them last or first is MC_SEQ_RAS_TIMING

MC_SEQ_RAS_TIMING is a bunch of timings, not just 1.   
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
I had great results few months ago, making hynix to have elpida performance in few algo, + hynix had an even great performance with my own custom latency numbers.

I've gotten over 900H/s stable on XMR with my 470 4G - so yeah, it's pretty nice.
legendary
aka "whocares"
I had great results few months ago, making hynix to have elpida performance in few algo, + hynix had an even great performance with my own custom latency numbers.

How many hours did u spend? Any advices? )

I was not happy with the hynix performance on few algo so i decided to create my own, I spent 15 minutes. I do have a PHD in computer Science.

I've gotten over 900H/s stable on XMR with my 470 4G - so yeah, it's pretty nice.

If you got that at 0.850v then it was a miracle. All my cards use 0.850v and I could not achieve that.

Couple of questions -
1- Are you Hex editing or using Polaris Bios Editor? 
2- How many watts are you pulling at the wall (no one cares about the 0.85v because it doesn't mean much)
3- What changes did you make to the latency, was it tRCD, tRCDW, tRC, tWTR .......etc?

Thanks
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
You guys are funny, I bet none of you have figured out all 20 of those timings.  It is tough as shit to figure out- here's a challenge for you 3-  if you kilo, jstefanop  and eliovp can each post one of the following 3 timings from The Stilts Hyinx 1250 strap- I will then be a believer, otherwise I say you're all full of shit/

1 - tWR
2 - tWTR
3 - tRCDR

Good luck

I changed my mind, I am going to post the tRTW to prevent giving away to much info -  the tRTW in the following Stilt strap is 21

77 71 33 20 00 00 00 00 08 39 47 2A 50 55 0C 0B 24 20 45 04 00 46 C4 00 22 BB 1C 00 5C 0B 14 20 4A 89 00 A0 00 00 01 20 12 0C 21 1E 51 19 26 13

tRCDR - 0xE.

Correct me if I wrong, based on compare of custom straps from The Stilt with original one. Timing info contain in the string  77 71 33 20 00 00 00 00 08 39 47 2A and possible it's magic 3 registers one of them last or first is MC_SEQ_RAS_TIMING
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

I was not happy with the hynix performance on few algo so i decided to create my own, I spent 15 minutes. I do have a PHD in computer Science.

If you got that at 0.850v then it was a miracle. All my cards use 0.850v and I could not achieve that.
Activity: 129
Merit: 10

I assume thats overclock + custom timings? 

Whats best rate on underclock/undervolt + custom timings?
It was only the wind.
Start digging this stuff too, is to hard to find any timing information in GDDR5 specification reference material?

The Mode Registers help.
Activity: 52
sorry to sound like a begger but i would really love some timings for a rx470 4g with elpida if your willing to share.

It was only the wind.

1 - tWR
2 - tWTR
3 - tRCDR

Good luck

tRCDR - 0xE.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Start digging this stuff too, is to hard to find any timing information in GDDR5 specification reference material?

The Mode Registers help.

For example
It was only the wind.
This is starting to become: "who has the biggest ****"..

Mine isn't, it's probably thickest  Cheesy Grin  Kiss

LOL --

I am actually more interested in HBM than GDDR5 but thats a different thread at a later date.  Back on track, some of the timings are definitely out of whack, I hope to have some shots to put up tomorrow of improvements but it is a painstaking process with Samsung

I know the formats of HBM and HBM2. However, here's a challenge-response.

MC_SEQ_RAS_TIMING: 0x1076c00

What is the value of tFAW32? Both the raw representation, and what it truly means. It's already in little endian.

Yes, I also made a deliberate mistake here.
legendary
Activity: 2153
Merit: 1400
I think I'm just going to post source to decoding app I built...mostly because I think the community will be able to figure out optimal values far quicker than the three of us Tongue Im kind of tired of iterating over the hundreds of timing possibilities (and thats just on one algo).
legendary
aka "whocares"

Mine isn't, it's probably thickest  Cheesy Grin  Kiss

LOL --

I am actually more interested in HBM than GDDR5 but thats a different thread at a later date.  Back on track, some of the timings are definitely out of whack, I hope to have some shots to put up tomorrow of improvements but it is a painstaking process with Samsung

I know the formats of HBM and HBM2. However, here's a challenge-response.

MC_SEQ_RAS_TIMING: 0x1076c00

What is the value of tFAW32? Both the raw representation, and what it truly means. It's already in little endian.

I like a challenge- maybe you can step up and answer one of Brewins questions, it appears the others do not want to play (or cannot play -lol) -

I will take a gander at the challenge later tonight.  I am looking into what appears to be an error in the 1625 Strap for Samsung Memory the tRFC.  Either I have made an error or AMD made an error.  All the other straps check out except that one value.  If you have some input into that particular value I would appreciate it.  Not sure but it appears that value is the default hex code from AMD.  It seems to work in the strap.

ps- I know it is the Four Active Window and is the time word lines can be opened in four banks
legendary
aka "whocares"

Mine isn't, it's probably thickest  Cheesy Grin  Kiss

LOL --

I am actually more interested in HBM than GDDR5 but thats a different thread at a later date.  Back on track, some of the timings are definitely out of whack, I hope to have some shots to put up tomorrow of improvements but it is a painstaking process with Samsung
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?

Mine isn't, it's probably thickest  Cheesy Grin  Kiss
It was only the wind.
Wolf commented in a thread several weeks ago that he has made fully-custom straps.

He may have, I do not know.  I know of a few people that have made custom straps by changing out various HEX values and have gotten a boost.  I think those results will be less than if someone is changing all 16-20 values.  I did a fair amount of RAM tuning when I was overclocking with DI/LN2 and changing one number can impact the other values significantly.

Yes he has...I told him how to do it Wink

You only know the mode register values, I know ALL of them.
legendary
aka "whocares"
Wolf commented in a thread several weeks ago that he has made fully-custom straps.

He may have, I do not know.  I know of a few people that have made custom straps by changing out various HEX values and have gotten a boost.  I think those results will be less than if someone is changing all 16-20 values.  I did a fair amount of RAM tuning when I was overclocking with DI/LN2 and changing one number can impact the other values significantly.

Yes he has...I told him how to do it Wink

You only know the mode register values, I know ALL of them.

Me too  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: