Pages:
Author

Topic: CWC2019 Prediction Pool - Win x BTC [Additional prize in every round] - page 31. (Read 10967 times)

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
Four teams are in contention for the final semi-final spot: England (8 points), Bangladesh (7), Pakistan (7) and Sri Lanka (6). And believe it or not, out of these four the chances are the brightest for Pakistan. They have weak opponents for their remaining matches, while England will have to defeat both NZ and India to reach the semis. It's going to be tough for ENG.

I don't see Eng not being able to qualify as even though the opponents are tough, these days weaker teams have been able to win matches. Even India struggled before AFG and yesterday Pak was able to defeat NZ which is the strongest team after Aus. These low scoring games have changed everything. Eng need to pull up their socks and bat well. It's better to choose fielding first these days and restrict the team to below 250.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
The resurgence of Pakistan has surprised everybody and the amount of hate the team received after their defeat against India has forced the team management to change their team composition and now they are playing as a unit but still i am not convinced by the captaincy of Sarfaraz Ahmed to take critical decisions at crucial times.
They did surprise me in a big way. Some guy posted them following the same pattern after which they won the World Cup, but I doubt it will happen this time around. They are improving, but they still have a long way to go.

Tomorrow we have West Indies facing India and with the bowling power house they have, they will win without much sweat unless Gayle scores a huge ton and the rest of the team chip in to score a huge total.
I agree. Way too many inconsistent players in the West Indies side. For example, literally no one had faith in Brathwaite taking the game so deep in the last match thanks to his horrible form these days, but he was a monster. Inconsistent players, but can be devastating on their day.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Four teams are in contention for the final semi-final spot: England (8 points), Bangladesh (7), Pakistan (7) and Sri Lanka (6). And believe it or not, out of these four the chances are the brightest for Pakistan. They have weak opponents for their remaining matches, while England will have to defeat both NZ and India to reach the semis. It's going to be tough for ENG.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
Come one New Zealand, get a wicket and make Pakistan to suffer LOL
The resurgence of Pakistan has surprised everybody and the amount of hate the team received after their defeat against India has forced the team management to change their team composition and now they are playing as a unit but still i am not convinced by the captaincy of Sarfaraz Ahmed to take critical decisions at crucial times.
Tomorrow we have West Indies facing India and with the bowling power house they have, they will win without much sweat unless Gayle scores a huge ton and the rest of the team chip in to score a huge total.
As of now, it is advantage Pakistan. With 8 wickets in hand, they need another 139 runs. Babar Azam and Mohammed Hafeez are looking very comfortable and the two weakest NZ bowlers (James Neesham and Mitchell Santner) are in action. The required run rate has dipped below 5 runs per over. Theoretically it is impossible for Pakistan to lose the match from this situation. But knowing them well, I would say that they can still manage to lose somehow.  Grin

Edit: Mohammed Hafeez just got out to a stupid shot. Just like what I said moments ago:

Theoretically it is impossible for Pakistan to lose the match from this situation. But knowing them well, I would say that they can still manage to lose somehow.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
~snip~

I want 2 points as well but not gonna happen Tongue
I am worried about me having any points from this match :-P
Come one New Zealand, get a wicket and make Pakistan to suffer LOL
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
Babar is a fine batsman. He is the key of Pakistan batting unit. New Zealand needs to plan to get him. Once Babar gone then they can focus for Haris and Hafeez.
At these moment Pakistan is going smoothly to their port.

He's one of my fav batsman in this Pakistan side, guess only batsman Tongue Pakistan should reach the target comfortably. all they need to stay on the crease, that's it - mickey Arthur approves Cheesy

~snip~
allow me to have 2 points  Cheesy

I want 2 points as well but not gonna happen Tongue
legendary
Babar is a fine batsman. He is the key of Pakistan batting unit. New Zealand needs to plan to get him. Once Babar gone then they can focus for Haris and Hafeez.
At these moment Pakistan is going smoothly to their port.
Pakistan have lost two of their best batsmen. Both of them got out to unnecessary shots, while chasing a small target. Things might get easier for them once Neesham and Santner start their spell, but right now it is the trio of Ferguson-Boult-Henry troubling them without any respite. They need to make sure that no more wickets are lost. The required run rate is still below 5 runs per over.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
So Pakistan is back!!

Been out all day and missed some classic bowling from Pakistan and fight back from Kiwis, bummer  Roll Eyes it seems like Pakistan have a real chance of winning this game and there is still hope that they can fix their spot for semis if Brexit happens Cheesy

You are here and Pakistan has lost wicket. Please post more and more, make it easy win for NZ, allow me to have 2 points  Cheesy

-Snip-
Bangladesh is also unlucky I think.

True Sir, they are playing some excellent cricket, and I don't mind if they win their First World up (I was saying this in another thread) Tough task to ask but not impossible.
We are only thinking of Semi right now, nothing much at all. I don't think you are trolling, BD is really playing awesome
Mahmudullah will be missing against India, this will be great loss for us. Our calculation now is getting harder.
legendary
So far positive energy is coming out from Pakistan side. Imam and Babar is facing Kiwi bowlers confidently. The key will be not to lose wickets. If they start losing wickets then match will become difficult for them.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
So Pakistan is back!!

Been out all day and missed some classic bowling from Pakistan and fight back from Kiwis, bummer  Roll Eyes it seems like Pakistan have a real chance of winning this game and there is still hope that they can fix their spot for semis if Brexit happens Cheesy

-Snip-
Bangladesh is also unlucky I think.

True Sir, they are playing some excellent cricket, and I don't mind if they win their First World up (I was saying this in another thread) Tough task to ask but not impossible.
legendary
~snip~
Fakhar Zaman is out. This is the problem with Pakistan. They need just 238 to win and the required run rate is 4.76 per over. What is the need to score all these runs in 25 overs? At least they could have batted carefully till Henry, Ferguson and Boult finish their opening spell. It looks familiar now, and I believe that Pakistan is in for another defeat and along with it they will exit this world cup.
Well I started to believe when Grandhomme and  Neesham had their 100+ partnership. New Zealand needs Iman, Babar and Haris, game over.

~snip~

I had Williamson @over 45.5, that 1 good ball ruin my bet. But this match will not going to chase easily. Ball spinning so much in pitch.
You were very close. Good luck next time :-)
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064
Dammit I had Williamson for over 48.5, thought I'd done well to avoid Guptill and Munro  Roll Eyes

My hopes for breaking even now reside with Total fours: Under 45.5 (1.98) which might not be a bad bet considering how terrible the batting has been (only 12 fours so far)

What bets did everyone else go with today?

I had Williamson @over 45.5, that 1 good ball ruin my bet. But this match will not going to chase easily. Ball spinning so much in pitch.
If I'm remembering correctly NZ were at around 48-50 runs in the 15th over?
It was 48 for 4. Too low and very high risk. However it's Pakistan team very unpredictable, you may see they lost 5 wickets in 30 runs after 15 overs :-P
Since the target is too low, I guess Pakistan will play slower and will not score more than 48 runs. However, it's risky, Fakhar Zaman play a bit faster which can lead Pak to a good score.

Edit- I thought it was 10 overs. Chance is Pakistan will easily have 60 runs.

Fakhar Zaman is out. This is the problem with Pakistan. They need just 238 to win and the required run rate is 4.76 per over. What is the need to score all these runs in 25 overs? At least they could have batted carefully till Henry, Ferguson and Boult finish their opening spell. It looks familiar now, and I believe that Pakistan is in for another defeat and along with it they will exit this world cup.
legendary
~snip~
Since the target is too low, I guess Pakistan will play slower and will not score more than 48 runs. However, it's risky, Fakhar Zaman play a bit faster which can lead Pak to a good score.
Don't predict anything positive for Pakistan. History says, they will disappoint you :-P

I am still considering New Zealand to win this match. Pakistan batting unit will collapse like they do in important matches and this is a do or die match for them.

Edit: Well Fakhar Zaman is gone.
It was 48 for 4. Too low and very high risk. However it's Pakistan team very unpredictable, you may see they lost 5 wickets in 30 runs after 15 overs :-P

Edit- I thought it was 10 overs. Chance is Pakistan will easily have 60 runs.
legendary

~snip~

They are going to end up somewhere around 230, and that would gift the advantage back to Pakistan. The run-out of Grandhomme was unnecessary. It is going to cost them at least 10-20 runs in the end. I can see Santner struggling against Wahab Riaz and Mohammed Aamir. Had Grandhomme stayed till the end, they could have scored a few boundaries.
Well they stopped at 237 runs and the target for Pakistan is 238 runs. The match is going to be an entertaining one.
A bad run out. Grandhomme took too much risk but I do not blame him. It was needed. I am expecting 240 ish run. It's very hard to say now who will win but I will still side for New Zealand. May be this will be a very close match, whoever wins.

They are going to end up somewhere around 230, and that would gift the advantage back to Pakistan. The run-out of Grandhomme was unnecessary. It is going to cost them at least 10-20 runs in the end. I can see Santner struggling against Wahab Riaz and Mohammed Aamir. Had Grandhomme stayed till the end, they could have scored a few boundaries.
NZ has significantly changed the scene of the match. I thought they will not be able to score 150 even but now it's possible to score 230+, however, I don't think this will have any effect for chasing by Pakistan.
Pages:
Jump to: