Pages:
Author

Topic: [Dailybitcoins.org] Bitcoin faucet, sponsored by ads - page 18. (Read 71461 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!
I once worked around a similar fee issue (caused by receiving large amounts of coins in lots of small payments) by sending small amounts (but gradually working up to progressively larger ones) to myself. Using some trial and error to find the largest amount that doesn't request a fee, then repeatedly sending that should “regroup” the bitcoins until you can start sending larger chunks at a time before triggering the TX fee request. It takes some time and is a hassle, and there's likely a better way, but it worked for me. Smiley
Another way is just to wait. The coins will automatically, with time, increase in priority and stop asking for tx fees.

True. As an aside, this might be something we need to more explicitly inform people of; perhaps dailybitcoins.org could inform users of this right on the page? (Also, perhaps a good feature request for the main client might be an info box that pops up whenever transaction fees are incurred, letting the user know that he might be able to avoid the fee by waiting to send the transaction.)
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077
I once worked around a similar fee issue (caused by receiving large amounts of coins in lots of small payments) by sending small amounts (but gradually working up to progressively larger ones) to myself. Using some trial and error to find the largest amount that doesn't request a fee, then repeatedly sending that should “regroup” the bitcoins until you can start sending larger chunks at a time before triggering the TX fee request. It takes some time and is a hassle, and there's likely a better way, but it worked for me. Smiley
Another way is just to wait. The coins will automatically, with time, increase in priority and stop asking for tx fees.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov
had almost all "earnings" wiped out by tx fees Roll Eyes
As I know recipients have not pay transaction fees.
No, I am not talking about the moment when I received them from dailybitcoins. I had to pay the 0.0025 btc fee later when I wanted to send all the coins elsewhere. It happpened despite I used always the same address.

It is not your problem, I know, but for me it does make dailybitcoins useless. I propose you to add option to pay the recipient once a month all together, so that there will be less transactions and thus no tx fees for users later.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
had almost all "earnings" wiped out by tx fees Roll Eyes
As I know recipients have not pay transaction fees.
Activity: 340
GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov
Just tried to drain the walled used for dailybitcoins... and had almost all "earnings" wiped out by tx fees Roll Eyes

It's not worth it, maybe if one uses bitcoin client patched for zero tx fees, or for bots.
legendary
Good news: booby prize doubled to 0.0005 BTC!
legendary
Started using Anonymous Ads.

Big payouts today!
legendary
Advertisements at Daily Bitcoins became more affordable! Cost per click reduced twofold to 0.0025 BTC each!
Activity: 168
CoinAd? Their normal prize has a value of 0.001 BTC.

CoinAd paid out today at around 10:35 (whatever timezone my electrum client is in) either UTC or British Summer Time.

marked
Activity: 352
Firstbits: 1m8xa
Have a few problems here - I got the 0.05 prize a couple days ago and I just got debited 0.001 yesterday.
I have sent you 0.05 BTC at March 31.
http://blockexplorer.com/tx/55e4cc39618ebeef42d1cda576f58e38d7f47e9f7eaa45fe5a6bcccf2aa24f4b#o50

I got the 0.01 prize today and I just got debited 0.001 just now too.
Today payment requests were not processed yet. I see you 0.01 BTC pending prize in the database.

Oh - guess I shouldn't reuse my addresses   Lips sealed Now where did I get the 0.001 from  Huh
Sorry for the hassle  Embarrassed
CoinAd? Their normal prize has a value of 0.001 BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
Have a few problems here - I got the 0.05 prize a couple days ago and I just got debited 0.001 yesterday.
http://blockexplorer.com/tx/55e4cc39618ebeef42d1cda576f58e38d7f47e9f7eaa45fe5a6bcccf2aa24f4b#o50

Today payment requests were not processed yet. I see you 0.01 BTC pending prize in the database.

Oh - guess I shouldn't reuse my addresses   Lips sealed Now where did I get the 0.001 from  Huh
Sorry for the hassle  Embarrassed
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
Have a few problems here - I got the 0.05 prize a couple days ago and I just got debited 0.001 yesterday. I got the 0.01 prize today and I just got debited 0.001 just now too. However, a previous 0.015 prize made it safely to my wallet. Problems with the coding?
My address: 18c8oXmyvfAFjeR575y5XACJhtrVf9yfjR
legendary
It is just booby prize which requires no efforts to get! If it is small for you, refresh page and within few minutes you will get tens of time bigger prize.
Activity: 529
Merit: 500
It looks like you also halved the daily payout to 0.0005 BTC.

Wrong. It is now 0.00025
It wasn't wrong when I wrote it. Thanks for the update though.
Activity: 736
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

Wrong. It is now 0.00025
legendary
I was forced to do this because number of page views per day (and advertisement revenues) dropped about 3 times after I have started to publish payout schedule. But I made available hundreds of small prizes that you can catch within few minutes.
Activity: 529
Merit: 500
legendary
Cost per click halved to 0.005 BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: