Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread - page 23. (Read 41794 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

oligarchy

The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

Of the world's 7 Billion inhabitants, about 5 thousandths of one percent or so are in possession of the entire coin supply of any crypto you care to mention.

Kiind of puts the phrase "fairly launched" into some perspective  Cheesy

The dumbassery is strong in this dashhole.

The way paynodes work is by continually collecting a tax for centralized services (that those in ownership continually hype) therefore centralizing control of the coin in a continually flushing motion into the vortex of oligarchy. Claiming that the world doesn't own crypto doesn't dismiss that you are defending a design that's an oligarchy. Most of those coins don't have this design and the ones that do, will be just as ridiculed if they want to continually shill their BS on this thread. Sorry if being correct is getting in the way of your plans.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

oligarchy

The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

Of the world's 7 Billion inhabitants, about 5 thousandths of one percent or so are in possession of the entire coin supply of any crypto you care to mention.

Kiind of puts the phrase "fairly launched" into some perspective  Cheesy

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012
Oops, careful Tao, flying teddybears Grin
legendary
oligarchy, you're going to be hearing the word for a long, long time.
You're quite welcome to stay here as long as you like. You're practically an honorary member of Dash Nation already just by post count in this thread...

As I've said before, I kind of like you. You possess the qualities of creativity and persistence which I admire, you're just a bit misguided due to lack of objective research.

If you were to realize this, and join us, you would be an asset to the team. I genuinely hope that this will happen one day.

Cheers, Tao

You seem like a pro, unlike Evan who plays at cryptographer and Tok who plays at economist, both doing a piss-poor job in their respective roles as Trusted Experts, and I admire you for doing the best you can with the least amount of talent surrounding you, but as the saying goes, "It's better to have smart enemies than dumb friends." You really are too good for this bunch, but maybe they're paying you ( have no idea and am not insinuating that you are getting paid, only that you should be getting paid for the lack of a supporting cast), and it must be tough to stay positive in such a pile of scam and continually have to churn noobs/greater-fools onto more controlled settings within the dash media network--I'll admit the one thing that dash has going for it is hype, just sad that that is the only thing (waits for obligatory list of hypechievements that lack any significance to the greater cryptocurrency community, just more hype to lure greater fools into the oligarchy that Evan's instamine built--my obligatory pre-reply).
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014
Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host
Great cue there, wannabe Deckard!

Dash is the first cryptocurrency in the world to offer incentivized full nodes. That's why Dash has the strongest, fastest and largest non-Bitcoin full-node network in existence.

To run a full node you have to put up a never-spent collateral of 1000 DASH that never leaves your possession. Once set up you earn 45% of the block reward for supporting and strenghtening our network and offering an increasing amount of unique features invented by Dash (InstantX, PrivacyProtect, Blockchain Governance, soon to be more when Evolution comes out).

Some have criticized the Masternode collateral as too high, but let's not forget that anyone was able to attain one back when Dash was relatively cheap. If you're angry for missing out, don't despair: With Evolution services like decentralized and trustless Masternode sharing will become possible and implemented allowing anyone with minor amounts (probably around 50 Dash) to participate in a shared full node earning proportionate rewards and equally proportionate voting rights in the Decentralized Governance by Blockchain (invented and pioneered by Dash).
Fantastic, informative post. Thank you, Macrochip!
legendary
oligarchy, you're going to be hearing the word for a long, long time.
You're quite welcome to stay here as long as you like. You're practically an honorary member of Dash Nation already just by post count in this thread...

As I've said before, I kind of like you. You possess the qualities of creativity and persistence which I admire, you're just a bit misguided due to lack of objective research.

If you were to realize this, and join us, you would be an asset to the team. I genuinely hope that this will happen one day.

Cheers, Tao
Yet again, more of the same old and unsubstantiated tripe aimed at turning the narrative. Hehe, he doesn't realise that all this talk of what can't be proved nullifies his claims that Dashes anonymity is broken Grin Poor trolleros, not the sharpest knives in the draw.

Spongers getting paid? I guess he's talking about the masternode rewards, pretty damn lucrative with a return of around 10% a year and what do they have to do to get that? Put up 1000 Dash collateral to run a masternode (or any amount into a shared masternode service), usually on a dedicated server as failing proof of service (downtime and failure to keep up to date) can severely reduce the rewards. Why the rewards? Because they provide services that simply can't be offered by a blockchain alone, at the moment that's instant and anonymous transactions and the distributed governance model but the next release really steps things up on that tier of the network. That's the first step of Dash Evolution, full rollout is expected to take about 5 years but many of the more important features are due for release in v0.12.1 in about 3 months.

https://www.dash.org/binaries/evo/DashPaper-v13-v1.pdf

legendary
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Dash is the first cryptocurrency in the world to offer incentivized full nodes. That's why Dash has the strongest, fastest and largest non-Bitcoin full-node network in existence.

To run a full node you have to put up a never-spent collateral of 1000 DASH that never leaves your possession. Once set up you earn 45% of the block reward for supporting and strenghtening our network and offering an increasing amount of unique features invented by Dash (InstantX, PrivacyProtect, Blockchain Governance, soon to be more when Evolution comes out).

Some have criticized the Masternode collateral as too high, but let's not forget that anyone was able to attain one back when Dash was relatively cheap. If you're angry for missing out, don't despair: With Evolution services like decentralized and trustless Masternode sharing will become possible and implemented allowing anyone with minor amounts (probably around 50 Dash) to participate in a shared full node earning proportionate rewards and equally proportionate voting rights in the Decentralized Governance by Blockchain (invented and pioneered by Dash).

What a steaming pile of convoluted crap.  Instead of elegance, Evan's style is layer upon layer of kludges, trusted third parties, and bloated attack surfaces.  Not to mention the unmistakable appearance of a Ponzi/HYIP scheme.

"Evan style" is best defined by implementations which flagrantly ignore and violate generally accepted principles of good design and security, such as:

Only systems that are structurally incompatible with fraud don't suffer from the overhang of potential fraud.

Activity: 465
Merit: 250
Great cue there, wannabe Deckard!

legendary
The problem for you guys is that until you invent a magical way to trustlessly prove dash isn't an oligarchy, you're going to be hearing the word for a long, long time. But aren't you glad it isn't about the instamine that exasperated the problem of your oligarchy--no one would have probably noticed the design flaw without the 30% instamine, so thanks for that

And yes, it would be nice to profit infinitely, but do you really think that many people are stupid enough for this thing to go on forever and without a regulator stepping in to end the party? I get that most of you were drawn here because you probably don't care what happens to other people as long as you get paid, but the rest of us don't want to help you get paid for doing next to nothing and sponging off a corrupt system design.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

At the end of the day, Tok, it requires the greater-fool to pay a taxation

Well I am not an "oligarchical pot holder" as you call it. I bought mine on an exchange - and quite late in the day I might add.

All the same, I'm not paying taxation to anyone. My wallet balances go up not down. Anyone with any amount of holding can avail themselves of the same benefit.

Everyone's of course free to interprate different network policies and systems how they like - if you want to paint it as 'taxation for pot holders' be my guest. I interpret it as balancing the interests of all stakeholders - miners, holders, commercial users and maintainers. Without that balance you can mine all the tax free tokens you like if you're happy for them to end up worthless.

As for "centralisation", and "nodes" it's fairly academic.

One of = centralised
Many of = decentralised

One of many owned by an oligarch = a taxation for centralized services that puts an infinitely increasing amount of profits into masternode holder's hands for doing nothing but sitting on their butts and hyping new-users/the-naïve/greater-fools with empty promises of decentralization and moon landings.

who doesnt want infinitely amount of profit Huh

is that why Monero create perpetual infinite money supply and make it mineable by cpu botnet Huh  

EDIT :: oh yes..  make clone and double teh infinite amount of profit yayyyy  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Looks like he learned a new word, I bet his mammy is sick to death of hearing "oligarch" at this stage Grin

See all these clear, detailed and factual arguments against Dash? Nope, me neither. Dash, form your own conclusion.
https://www.dash.org/
legendary

Well I am not an "oligarchical pot holder" as you call it. I bought mine on an exchange - and quite late in the day I might add.

All the same, I'm not paying taxation to anyone. My wallet balances go up not down. Anyone with any amount of holding can avail themselves of the same benefit.

Everyone's of course free to interprate different network policies and systems how they like - if you want to paint it as 'taxation for pot holders' be my guest. I interpret it as balancing the interests of all stakeholders - miners, holders, commercial users and maintainers. Without that balance you can mine all the tax free tokens you like if you're happy for them to end up worthless.

One of = centralised
Many of = decentralised

One of many owned by an oligarch = a taxation for centralized services that puts an infinitely increasing amount of profits into masternode holder's hands for doing nothing but sitting on their butts and hyping new-users/the-naïve/greater-fools with empty promises of decentralization and moon landings.
legendary

One of = centralised
Many of = decentralised
legendary

except for the obvious misunderstanding that programmable money is supposed to work trustlessly.

I think the misunderstanding might be yours for conflating the concepts of "promissory note", "articulated protocol" and "bearer token".

At the end of the day, Tok, it requires the greater-fool to pay a taxation for centralized services to pot holders who can reap the rewards forever and ever and ever and ever..... If I had gotten into this early and had no political qualms about oligarchies, then I'd be right there with you defending my infinite pile of potential profits until the bitter end--though I suspect, if I were so inclined, I'd also have realized that once people stop buying into the system, that it's only a matter of time before the oligarchs sell their share of the kingdom in a mad dash to the bottom. Happy trails.
legendary

except for the obvious misunderstanding that programmable money is supposed to work trustlessly.

I think the misunderstanding might be yours for conflating the concepts of "promissory note", "articulated protocol" and "bearer token".
legendary
Good morning all.

We are definitely making progress in this thread, keeping true to the thread title. The false narrative of the last two years is giving way to the real truth, which is that Dash represents progress, optimism and decentralized technology. The team behind Dash is talented, driven and cohesively focused on one goal: Bringing to the world the true digital cash that Satoshi envisioned: the Internet Of Money.

Evan Duffield, who's name has been needlessly dragged through the mud for two years on these forums, is a professional, extremely hard-working, and honest man. I have seen times where people have sent him their wallet.dat with real funds in it so he could recover them, which he did and promptly sent the wallet back. I'm deeply proud to be associated with him, and to be part of the team creating this wonderful product.

Thanks for bearing with us as the truth slowly starts to set in. Two years is a long time.

I invite you to join us in Dash Nation.

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

www.dash.org

www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation

https://DashTalk.org

www.dashndrink.com

Hmmmmm, so your narrative is that Evan didn't steal these people's funds because he can be trusted? Instead of the narrative that he didn't steal their funds because it's chump change in the grand scheme of the things?

Let's further analyze--a potential lifetime of taxation for every node he owns versus a one time heist that could cause further investigation into his actions and destroy his reputation once and for all?

What I think Tao has done better than anyone else in the dash community is correctly identify that the dash oligarchy (since it can't be verified or unverified trustlessly) must be fed with a continual line of peasants/greater-fools who implicitly trust in Evan's development and economic motivations rather than that the system itself was designed to prevent an oligarchy. Well played--except for the obvious misunderstanding that programmable money is supposed to work trustlessly .

I'm one of those greater fools you speak of... I only joined Dash Nation in June '14. Thanks for looking out for my interests, but I'll be OK.
legendary
Good morning all.

We are definitely making progress in this thread, keeping true to the thread title. The false narrative of the last two years is giving way to the real truth, which is that Dash represents progress, optimism and decentralized technology. The team behind Dash is talented, driven and cohesively focused on one goal: Bringing to the world the true digital cash that Satoshi envisioned: the Internet Of Money.

Evan Duffield, who's name has been needlessly dragged through the mud for two years on these forums, is a professional, extremely hard-working, and honest man. I have seen times where people have sent him their wallet.dat with real funds in it so he could recover them, which he did and promptly sent the wallet back. I'm deeply proud to be associated with him, and to be part of the team creating this wonderful product.

Thanks for bearing with us as the truth slowly starts to set in. Two years is a long time.

I invite you to join us in Dash Nation.

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

www.dash.org

www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation

https://DashTalk.org

www.dashndrink.com

Hmmmmm, so your narrative is that Evan didn't steal these people's funds because he can be trusted? Instead of the narrative that he didn't steal their funds because it's chump change in the grand scheme of the things?

Let's further analyze--a potential lifetime of taxation for every node he owns versus a one time heist that could cause further investigation into his actions and destroy his reputation once and for all?

What I think Tao has done better than anyone else in the dash community is correctly identify that the dash oligarchy (since it can't be verified or unverified trustlessly) must be fed with a continual line of peasants/greater-fools who implicitly trust in Evan's development and economic motivations rather than that the system itself was designed to prevent an oligarchy. Well played--except for the obvious misunderstanding that programmable money is supposed to work trustlessly .
legendary
Why does Tao keep posting that Dash can be the Internet Of Money? What's he smokin'?

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/the-internet-1715527827.html

#DashNation #IoM
Activity: 615
Merit: 501
Apparently your time is cheap enough to spam the same message on 11 different threads, 10 of which it's completely off topic in.

ICO=premine=instancemine is entirely relevant in all 11 threads. I didn't create the duplicate threads. You pumpers did.

a) It is absolutely not relevant, that's why I reported every single instance as spam and off topic.
b) Interesting who you're calling "pumpers":

Careful not to bite the hand that feeds you, scamcoiner.

TPTB cought on lying, deceit, yet again. He try to disrupt the alt scene a little because he has something to release in near future. Need to fit in with good timing?
He fights for peoples money, that's it. No honesty in his talk these days.
But...he's not capable of doing, he can only talk, spam, copy_paste.

Everyone monitors Dash threads. Is DASH really that great that it needs its own groupies?
Pages:
Jump to: