Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread - page 22. (Read 41794 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

If Coke found out that Pepsi were using baby parts in its formula, damn right they should speak up!

Except Dash isn't using "baby parts" in its formula  Roll Eyes

Proof?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

If Coke found out that Pepsi were using baby parts in its formula, damn right they should speak up!

Except Dash isn't using "baby parts" in its formula  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
So, about those Dash Nation elections .. Tao
Any update ?
legendary
Should I remember that smooth is a Trollero and part of the core (pseudo)dev team.
He show us his lack of Ethic and is falling always in conflict of interest when he post in Dash's threads.

The only "lack of Ethic" would be to see a bad distribution, a highly suspicious (at best) instamine, and bad crypto and not speak up. No thank you.

The usual standard of what passes for ethics in the altcoin sea of sleaze is virtually nonexistent but that doesn't and won't infect everyone.
And you continue? You are the worth (pseudo) dev in crypto space.
I got only one question for you : did you agree that conflict of interest is bad?

Conflict of interest applies when one has a fiduciary duty. It does not apply here. If Coke found out that Pepsi were using baby parts in its formula, damn right they should speak up!

Journalistically and academically it is ethical to disclose any potentially conflicting affiliations. As if anyone doesn't know I'm part of the Monero core team by now ROFL.

legendary
Dash : Internet of Money ?

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Should I remember that smooth is a Trollero and part of the core (pseudo)dev team.
He show us his lack of Ethic and is falling always in conflict of interest when he post in Dash's threads.

The only "lack of Ethic" would be to see a bad distribution, a highly suspicious (at best) instamine, and bad crypto and not speak up. No thank you.

The usual standard of what passes for ethics in the altcoin sea of sleaze is virtually nonexistent but that doesn't and won't infect everyone.
And you continue? You are the worth (pseudo) dev in crypto space.
I got only one question for you : did you agree that conflict of interest is bad?
legendary

legendary
A quote from Evan regarding mining:

Another very important point to make about the Satoshi Roundtable was the very large issue with mining centralization in the Bitcoin space. When Satoshi originally invented Bitcoin, he did not anticipate the excessive mining centralization that has become a dominant force in the Bitcoin space. Due to this, we now have a small group of people that literally control the protocol consensus and their short term interests may be in conflict with the long term interests of other stakeholders, industry, users, etc. We definitely do not want our ecosystem to follow the same failed course and we definitely would have under the pooled ASIC mining paradigm. This is mainly because there are differences in efficiency that a miner can gain depending on where they live, which can give a huge advantage when their higher investment returns are compounded. Efficiencies such as cheaper labor, cheap or free electricity and even withholding newer advanced ASICs for their own mining operations, then selling them after they become less effective. After many iterations of these phenomenon in BTC we have come to a situation where the ones who have access to these advantages effectively control Bitcoin.

After hours of discussions, we believe we have found the solution to the unfair mining advantages that produce centralization around certain jurisdictions that control the production of ASICS. We will be releasing much more information about this soon, but are feverishly working on this project for v12.1. We’re going to be releasing much more information about this in the coming weeks; it’s going to be a giant advantage for the Dash project

I cant wait to see what that solution will be.

Dash : not afraid to tackle problems head-on

* 2MB blocksize debate ? Dash reaches consensus within 24 hours.
* Tackling possible ASIC centralisation ? Underway  
legendary
Activity: 1288

He want to make us believe he's a white knight fighting the dark evil.

In fact he is showing us how much he don't have Ethic.

Smooth saying that Dash is bad,is like the CEO of pepsi saying coca is bad.
Your opinion here have no value smooth, go work and promote your shit coin.

Should I also recall that you admit owning some Dash, and then crying it's a scam, lol, how can we call this? Psychological disorder? Or lier?
Activity: 317
Merit: 1012
A quote from Evan regarding mining:

Another very important point to make about the Satoshi Roundtable was the very large issue with mining centralization in the Bitcoin space. When Satoshi originally invented Bitcoin, he did not anticipate the excessive mining centralization that has become a dominant force in the Bitcoin space. Due to this, we now have a small group of people that literally control the protocol consensus and their short term interests may be in conflict with the long term interests of other stakeholders, industry, users, etc. We definitely do not want our ecosystem to follow the same failed course and we definitely would have under the pooled ASIC mining paradigm. This is mainly because there are differences in efficiency that a miner can gain depending on where they live, which can give a huge advantage when their higher investment returns are compounded. Efficiencies such as cheaper labor, cheap or free electricity and even withholding newer advanced ASICs for their own mining operations, then selling them after they become less effective. After many iterations of these phenomenon in BTC we have come to a situation where the ones who have access to these advantages effectively control Bitcoin.

After hours of discussions, we believe we have found the solution to the unfair mining advantages that produce centralization around certain jurisdictions that control the production of ASICS. We will be releasing much more information about this soon, but are feverishly working on this project for v12.1. We’re going to be releasing much more information about this in the coming weeks; it’s going to be a giant advantage for the Dash project
legendary

the link to the outside is a long, narrow, winding path

No. the link is exactly the same path as for any other crypto asset.

"Exactly the same". I do not think that phrase means what you think it means.

Launch wallet.
Send coins to exchange.
Sell coins.

legendary
Activity: 984
Are you trying to impress me with how much BS you can cram into one sentence? I'd be more impressed if you acknowledge the design flaws in dash and moved on with your life and actually supported something in Satoshi's model of a cryptosystem that is antifragile and fungible enough to act as a cash and fulfill the cryptoanarchist's promise of an economics free of tyranny and systems that benefit a few fat cats, who use their power to gain more power instead of creating useful projects that work as intended and as promised--but I'm sure you're well aware of how far you are from that dream at the moment.

You are really one confusing individual. You don`t seem to be completely ignorant and I have thus a hard time believing you really don`t know what the words "tax", "tyranny" and "oligarchy" mean, yet you use them incorrectly again and again.
If you know, I have a hard time believing that you think everyone else doesn`t and I don`t understand why you still keep making a fool of yourself.
If you actually don`t, well, then you might not be the best suited person to lecture others about crypto-anarchy etc..
Please just ask, we are glad to help you.
Besides, why do you even waste your time with us silly "oligarchs" and our allegedly completely worthless project that you deam doomed to fail anyway, instead of working and promoting your own project? That`s the cool thing about freedom and competition. Destroy Dash with a superior coin.
Anyway...The good thing for me is I keep improving my english with you. I just looked up how you call "fremdschämen" in english: "second hand embarassement". That`s what I feel when I read what you write.
legendary

the link to the outside is a long, narrow, winding path

No. the link is exactly the same path as for any other crypto asset.

Launch wallet.
Send coins to exchange.
Sell coins.
legendary

Sorry if being correct is getting in the way of your plans.

One slight detail that kind of blows your little theory to kingdom come is that Dash is not a closed system.

It is not because it still has mining. A small, even tiny, amount (block rewards are now <1/2% compared to the instamine), but it does have some.

It probably behaves much like a closed system, because the only permissionless link to the outside is a long, very narrow, winding path, but this is subjective of course.

legendary

Sorry if being correct is getting in the way of your plans.

One slight detail that kind of blows your little theory to Kingdom Come is that Dash is not a closed system. (As you are alluding to by attempting to conflate it with some kind of government regime). It lives amongst a free market of cryptocurrencies and other assets, both monetary and non-monetary. That therefore brings external economic forces to bear as well as internal ones.

Closed vs Open systems analysis. It's an interesting engineering concept thats worth exploring  Smiley

For a start, you can already see it at work here...

...what that little nick is is people dumping their masternodes because the value went up against another asset and new owners taking over. Furthermore, the propensity for large holders to dump is far higher than for small ones since proportionally they have more to gain and less to lose from profit taking.

If you are correct - as you say you are - and Dash's reserve market leads to consolidation rather than distribution, then a few people will own more and more of less and less and the value of their assets will slowly diminish against others outside of the Dash ecosystem (due to decay of network effect amongst other things).

That will bring external economic forces to bear and they'll be encouraged to sell - all the way down.

However, if market activity over the last two years is anything to go by we won't even get near that road. Whenever the price has risen by a significant amount, market volume has risen with it and a whole lot of masternode collateral suddenly appears out of the Ether (pun intended   Cheesy, ) so lets just see what happens.

Finally, taking a freely traded commercial asset which its holders are very satisfied with and which has been successful over quite a significant period and attempting to characterise it as some kind of 'state' enforced regime that everyone's oblidged to live by does make you look like a bit of a zealot. Specially when you use it as a basis for a campaign bordering on idealogical warfare at times  Wink

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014
Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host
oligarchy, you're going to be hearing the word for a long, long time.
You're quite welcome to stay here as long as you like. You're practically an honorary member of Dash Nation already just by post count in this thread...

As I've said before, I kind of like you. You possess the qualities of creativity and persistence which I admire, you're just a bit misguided due to lack of objective research.

If you were to realize this, and join us, you would be an asset to the team. I genuinely hope that this will happen one day.

Cheers, Tao

You seem like a pro, unlike Evan who plays at cryptographer and Tok who plays at economist, both doing a piss-poor job in their respective roles as Trusted Experts, and I admire you for doing the best you can with the least amount of talent surrounding you, but as the saying goes, "It's better to have smart enemies than dumb friends." You really are too good for this bunch, but maybe they're paying you ( have no idea and am not insinuating that you are getting paid, only that you should be getting paid for the lack of a supporting cast), and it must be tough to stay positive in such a pile of scam and continually have to churn noobs/greater-fools onto more controlled settings within the dash media network--I'll admit the one thing that dash has going for it is hype, just sad that that is the only thing (waits for obligatory list of hypechievements that lack any significance to the greater cryptocurrency community, just more hype to lure greater fools into the oligarchy that Evan's instamine built--my obligatory pre-reply).
Don't worry, I'll turn you. The facts and my unlimited patience will sway you in time. This thread isn't going anywhere. I enjoy a challenge. I just ask you to please avail yourself of the facts. I would love to see you on our side, helping build the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

Are you trying to impress me with how much BS you can cram into one sentence? I'd be more impressed if you acknowledge the design flaws in dash and moved on with your life and actually supported something in Satoshi's model of a cryptosystem that is antifragile and fungible enough to act as a cash and fulfill the cryptoanarchist's promise of an economics free of tyranny and systems that benefit a few fat cats, who use their power to gain more power instead of creating useful projects that work as intended and as promised--but I'm sure you're well aware of how far you are from that dream at the moment.
Buddy, I've told you before, bring us evidence to support your claims. You will be doing Dash a favour. If not, thanks for the thread bumps. You're better than this.
Activity: 317
Merit: 1012
Crossposted from the Dash ANN thread:

I would relax  Cool
Hi toknormal, ok I'll listen you  Smiley

... For example the two monetary researchers that wanted to use Dash as a basis for their Flow Money proposal flat out said it was the most advanced (monetarily) of all on offer. Max Keiser cited it as one of the 3 candidates for "the one" to 20 million viewers.

Who are this researchers? Do you have links? (Max Keiser too)
Thanks in advanced

I had to dig for it through the "General" sub-forum on dashtalk.org, but found it here:  https://dashtalk.org/threads/budget-proposal-proof-of-labour.8108/  Unfortunately, it didn't pass, so it's not viewable at Dashwhale, but luckily you can find the link to the Dashwhale proposal page through the above link Smiley

It's very unfortunate that this didn't pass.

Dash evolution will support their idea... it's just going to be done differently. Evan style.

Evan style. You can see this guy is on another level, don't take it from me...  Grin

That one has me mystified, that proposal was a really inspired and off the wall idea but I'm guessing it has something to do with the contract system. Whatever it is, I doubt it will disappoint Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
You're quite welcome to stay here as long as you like. You're practically an honorary member of Dash Nation already just by post count in this thread...

As I've said before, I kind of like you. You possess the qualities of creativity and persistence which I admire, you're just a bit misguided due to lack of objective research.

If you were to realize this, and join us, you would be an asset to the team. I genuinely hope that this will happen one day.

Cheers, Tao

You seem like a pro, unlike Evan who plays at cryptographer and Tok who plays at economist, both doing a piss-poor job in their respective roles as Trusted Experts, and I admire you for doing the best you can with the least amount of talent surrounding you, but as the saying goes, "It's better to have smart enemies than dumb friends." You really are too good for this bunch, but maybe they're paying you ( have no idea and am not insinuating that you are getting paid, only that you should be getting paid for the lack of a supporting cast), and it must be tough to stay positive in such a pile of scam and continually have to churn noobs/greater-fools onto more controlled settings within the dash media network--I'll admit the one thing that dash has going for it is hype, just sad that that is the only thing (waits for obligatory list of hypechievements that lack any significance to the greater cryptocurrency community, just more hype to lure greater fools into the oligarchy that Evan's instamine built--my obligatory pre-reply).
Don't worry, I'll turn you. The facts and my unlimited patience will sway you in time. This thread isn't going anywhere. I enjoy a challenge. I just ask you to please avail yourself of the facts. I would love to see you on our side, helping build the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

legendary
Crossposted from the Dash ANN thread:

I would relax  Cool
Hi toknormal, ok I'll listen you  Smiley

... For example the two monetary researchers that wanted to use Dash as a basis for their Flow Money proposal flat out said it was the most advanced (monetarily) of all on offer. Max Keiser cited it as one of the 3 candidates for "the one" to 20 million viewers.

Who are this researchers? Do you have links? (Max Keiser too)
Thanks in advanced

I had to dig for it through the "General" sub-forum on dashtalk.org, but found it here:  https://dashtalk.org/threads/budget-proposal-proof-of-labour.8108/  Unfortunately, it didn't pass, so it's not viewable at Dashwhale, but luckily you can find the link to the Dashwhale proposal page through the above link Smiley

It's very unfortunate that this didn't pass.

Dash evolution will support their idea... it's just going to be done differently. Evan style.

Evan style. You can see this guy is on another level, don't take it from me...  Grin
legendary

Cheers, Tao

Pages:
Jump to: