Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread - page 26. (Read 41794 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
pre-history

For example ^

7. "Official Communication" from Dash dated January 26, 2016 blaming the instamine on inherited Litecoin code (which is factually false).

8. Recent edits to Dash ANN OP claiming the coin was "fairly and transparently launched".

People running this coin and many (though not all) in the community are actively, today, working to bury and hide the facts from investors. I understand wanting to sell your product, but when accurate disclosure takes a back seat to selling, you are scamming.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

Eventually, perhaps. But there is clear evidence this does not occur.

LoL !

I think he was questioning your good faith in claiming to care about investors interests in your concern for "furnishing them with full information". (Might be something to do with your self-appointed role as ethics police and plastering the word 'scam' all over the place according to your own skewed and subjective appraisals).

b.t.w. whether we call them "launch issues" or "the most serious cardinal sin known to man" isn't going to stop people who are spending their own money from valuing progress over pre-history. Information cuts both ways. For every Tone Vays there are plenty of people who went in the other direction and who were in possession of "full information".

I'm seeing increasing number of posts on trollboxes from traders getting p*ssed with your little campaigns that put them off investing in a coin that they saw had a bright future when it was a fifth, a third or half the price it is now. Thats the real result of your "care for the Dash investor" agenda.
legendary
...making full, complete, and accurate disclosure of the history...

It's disclosed out there in the open and already priced in the market, but you and your friend can't see that.

What is priced into the market is the combination of all the information out there, from a variety of sources, some correct, some incorrect, etc. New investors do not know where to find all the information nor do they know who to believe necessarily. So when Dash supporters and official statements from Dash present inaccurate, misleading, or selective information, it contributes to scamming new investors.

Make the disclosures full and accurate, and there is no issue. The market can sort it out.

I have a hard time believing that you really care for new investors, as literally everybody doing some minimal amount of research will stumble upon the great instamine saga, imho.

Eventually, perhaps, if they look long enough. But there is clear evidence this does not always occur, at least not right away. For example, Tone Vays statement that he believed the instamine was an accident (and indeed promoted Dash on his podcast based on that conclusion) until he read additional information. Whether or not the instamine was in fact an accident is not the point here, the point is that it is easy for people such as Tone, who are very savvy and well-informed, to not see all the relevant information, given how it is being presented, and then later, by happenstance, reach different conclusions only if and when they (eventually) learn more.

But let`s say you really care about newbies. What would make you happy and at ease? A link on Dash.org to some document of your joice?
I would vote in favour of that, just to stop that incredible time waste and free your precious time, so you can go back to coding your competing Coin at last.

I'm pretty sure I have already described the problems with incomplete, misleading, and selective disclosure and they aren't so easy to solve. No one can prevent toknormal from using minimizing and dismissive phrases such as 'launch issues'. Adding a link to some inconspicuous corner of the web site is not going to fix it. Perhaps some long and serious introspection on the matter and a decision to proceed with far more candor by various Dash stakeholders could improve the situation, but let's face it, Evan and maybe a few others run the show, and they've made clear how they want to portray the instamine by now.

FWIW, I have a hard time believing that you really care about coding of a competing coin, so let's just cut out the obvious bullshit please.
legendary
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

It's disclosed out there in the open and already priced in the market, but you and your friend can't see that.

What is priced into the market is the combination of all the information out there, from a variety of sources, some correct, some incorrect, etc. New investors do not know where to find all the information nor do they know who to believe necessarily. So when Dash supporters and official statements from Dash present inaccurate, misleading, or selective information, it contributes to scamming new investors.

Make the disclosures full and accurate, and there is no issue. The market can sort it out.

I have a hard time believing that you really care for new investors, as literally everybody doing some minimal amount of research will stumble upon the great instamine saga, imho.
But let`s say you really care about newbies. What would make you happy and at ease? A link on Dash.org to some document of your joice?
I would vote in favour of that, just to stop that incredible time waste and free your precious time, so you can go back to coding your competing Coin at last.
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
Without Masternodes they would either secure a shitcoin without value or they wouldn't even bother to mine it.
Masternode network is what gives Dash value. Darksend and Instantx is there thanks to it.

On this I agree, but the rewards are grossly excessive for the services provided.

I showed the high school level probability math that masternodes make InstantX insecure. I've already retorted the "why don't you break it then?" bullshit, so I won't again.

Masternodes destroy the network effects that a coin needs to attain adoption. I had already explained why, so I won't again.

The Dash scammers and accomplices are always trying to spin their scam as something other than a scam. Sigh.

did the monero wrote that fact about infinite supply in their ann Huh   if i was an investard in monero i would feel cheated if it isnt

No one can fork Monero without the support of the decentralized miners. The distinction from the Dash masternode scam, is that a masternode is staked only once with DRK (Dash tokens) and earns 50+% ROI per annum forever after for the largest holders of Dash tokens, thus further centralizing the coin meaning there is a centralized oligarchy which the investors are relying on for their future expecation of profits which afaics fulfills the Howey test for what is an investment security that is regulated by the Securities Act. A decentralized PoW miner is constantly expending on electricity in a competitive free market. Owning a lot of Monero doesn't give you any leverage as a miner.

I showed the high school level probability math that masternodes make InstantX insecure...Masternodes destroy the network effects that a coin needs to attain adoption.

Thats strange. I wonder why he didn’t listen.

The thing is, bedroom wannabees that "nearly" wrote the new Microsoft Word and spend all day long trashing real projects on bitconitalk form such a rich source of authoritative technical appraisal.

Evan should understand that.

Maybe if you re-assert your awesome pedigree he'll entertain you  Wink (You've sure entertained us).

Quoted for posterity, so we can refer to this in retrospect when we can more clearly see who was the (ad hominem hurling[1]) fool here.

Btw, Evan did reply on my thread and did not deny the math error. He tried to claim it was an honest mistake, yeah right.  Roll Eyes Then he disappeared upon being challenged.

[1] I suppose that is the first listed "talent" on your resume. I've never seen you respond factually nor display any significant technical acumen.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023
legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000
Another great thread tao, keep up the good work!
Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Services on the second tier seem to be getting strong interest. The DAPI is allowing all kinds of things that where impossible for a distributed system not long ago, traditionally centralised services running on a distributed platform.

Can you give some examples of what you think the DAPI will be used for? I'm sure there all kinds of uses that I can't even think of as this is brand new technology.

Payment processors are probably the most prime candidate for this type of functionality. Easily accessible payment verification will be a huge advantage for Dash in terms of ecommerce growth. I've come to think of Dash as being the "WWW" to Bitcoin's "TCP", take that as you will ;-)

Cheers Smiley Any chance of expanding on that a bit? I should have been following how things are going but lost track.

No joke, Dash has passed the point of too much happening to keep track, every month there's a new wave of budget proposals adding to that and some of those projects are hiring:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/python-and-javascript-developers-wanted-27k-in-bounties.8654/

Definitely! Happy to expand a little bit on it. I recall a couple years ago I wrote a WooCommerce Payment Processor plugin. I thought it was pretty cool at the time and recently happened to stumble on a video I'd recorded of it in action. A couple things came to mind:

1. Confirmation took about 10 minutes in total... looking back that is an excruciating time span to wait ;-)
2. The payment method itself bounced API requests off a centralized server. You'd hit it once to create payment address, present it to the user, then poll the API every 10 - 15 seconds until you got a "paid" response back.

DAPI changes all of that --

1. Confirmation is of course nearly instantaneous. Pretty slick ;-)
2. You don't need a payment processor at all; you create a payment request directly within the Dash network - it hits the end-users wallet, they send the funds and the API sends a callback to your online shop.

It's all inclusive, that's the biggest difference. It's why I think of WWW vs. TCP, they're all packets at the end of the day - the biggest difference is the end-user experience.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014
Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host
Same old Smooth, same old posts. I'm really starting to feel sorry for you. You're not convincing anyone:

I just heard about Dash a couple months ago and since then, the more I learn, the more I like it.

Dash: The Future Internet Of Money?

Yes, I think Dash will be the Future Internet of Money, alongside other cryptocurrencies.

The future is promising and,
We are living in the middle of a revolution... There will be room for not just one, but many altcoins.

It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

live long and prosper,
Peace

The people are coming out, and they're firmly on the side of progress, optimism and decentralized tech.

Good night. I'll leave you to your thread-bumping now. Regale the readers with some more spin and innuendo, because that's all you have. I'll see you in the morning, when I will continue to define Dash and inspire people to join us.

Tao
legendary
The facts prevail.

Yes I agree. Here are facts.

1. Evan had at least two years of experience with crypto before launching Dash. There was no "lack of experience" as you claim. (Your statement about what "caused mistakes to be made" was opinion, by the way. I'm glad we have agreed to exclude opinion from this thread.)

2. Evan stated weeks ahead of the launch that he was working on a "for-profit" coin launch.

3. Evan deliberately withheld the development and feature plans until after the end of the instqamine.

4. Evan misled people about the launch schedule, launching much earlier than promised. During the first hour, over 500000 coins were mined, and in 8 hours, over a million coins.

5. Evan later cut the mining rewards and coin supply, increasing the effective size of the instamine by a factor of four or more.

6. In total, the instamine of 2 million coins represents over approximately 30% of the current supply of Dash.

7. "Official Communication" from Dash blaming the instamine on inherited Litecoin code (which is factually false).

8. Dash ANN OP claiming the coin was "fairly and transparently launched".
legendary

There's that "scam" word again! Worked for you for two years, won't anymore. I've already told you, you will not control the narrative about Dash. The facts prevail.
legendary

legendary
You know, I'd like to share something with the patient readers of this thread.

As Smooth continued his descent into marginalization through repetitive posts of baseless attacks, spin and innuendo, I went for a nice long, late afternoon walk with my wife and daughter. It was a gorgeous evening, and it was sunny and calm. It was very relaxing. And as I walked, I couldn't help thinking that this is what the world needs more of. Sunny ways. People helping each other. Staying true to your own instead of attacking others needlessly (for whatever motivation they may have). Professionalism, dedication to values, and an ambition to succeed, not through negativity in putting down others, but in positivity in staying true to creating something wonderful for the world to use.

Do you agree with me?

Dash Nation represents all of these things. A great group of people creating an exceptional product. Smart minds, everyone contributing how they can, propelling Dash towards being the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

This thread, only 9 pages young, already has a wealth of information on what Dash is about.

Would you like to be part of a team that embodies these qualities? If so, you're welcome to join us.

We could not be more excited about the future.

Thanks again,

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

You're not interested in any disclosure. You're just interested in killing Dash and you can't live with a thought that it doesn't give a fuck what you think.
This is market.
legendary

"Scam." I love that you don't know when to quit. You help me prove my point with every post.

There are a few deluded high horses in crypto who can't live with the fact that Dash overcame its launch issues and was accepted by the market as a legitimate cryptocurrency.

The market does not accept or reject as "legitimate". The market just does what it does, which is trade tokens. Plenty of obvious scams (even worse than Dash) have had high values in the market for a time. People will buy any junk as long as they think they can sell it for a higher price.

sense of injustice done to their selective view of "legitimacy"

I can't speak for others but it has nothing to do with "injustice" or "legitimacy" in my view, and I mostly don't care what someone calls "legitimate". It has to do with whether investors are being scammed, and in the case of Dash, they are, by the ongoing false, deceptive, misleading, and selective statements being made both the official Dash organization (e.g. the ANN OP and the "Official Statement", "The History of Dash"), and by community members.

Such as you, for example, right here characterizing early launch, massive instamine, withholding of information, deceptive and misleading statements, cuts to emissions and supply, etc. with a nice little euphemism:

launch issues

If you and the rest of the Dash community would be up front, making full, complete, and accurate disclosure of the history as I have done in my comments here and on my Dash instamine thread, you would not hear from me again on the issue. I'm not holding my breath however.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

"Scam." I love that you don't know when to quit. You help me prove my point with every post.

There are a few deluded high horses in crypto who can't live with the fact that Dash overcame its launch issues and was accepted by the market as a legitimate cryptocurrency.

The "not knowing when to quit" stems from the sense of injustice done to their selective view of "legitimacy", even though as I described in another post, it's bogus.

All the same, they're having to swallow it and you might therefore have to swallow their gurning, maligning remarks and patronising put downs about "scamming new investors", even though anyone who invested in Dash over the last 2 years knows it's anything but.

Uneasy accord. Wink

(Put it this way - I know which side of it I'd rather be on)

legendary
"PROBABLY" not accidental.

I'm glad we now agree that the instamine was probably not accidental. Good decision! It was probably untenable to trying to scam new investors with the claim it was all a big accident and, "Whoops! I instamined again!".

For anyone following along

1. Evan had at least two years of experience with crypto before launching Dash. There was no "lack of experience" as you claim. (Your statement about what "caused mistakes to be made" was opinion, by the way. I'm glad we have agreed to exclude opinion from this thread.)

2. Evan stated months weeks ahead of the launch that he was working on a "for-profit" coin launch.

3. Evan deliberately withheld the development and feature plans until after the end of the instqamine.

4. Evan misled people about the launch schedule, launching much earlier than promised. During the first hour, over 500000 coins were mined, and in 8 hours, over a million coins.

5. Evan later cut the mining rewards and coin supply, increasing the effective size of the instamine by a factor of four or more.

6. In total, the instamine of 2 million coins represents over approximately 30% of the current supply of Dash.

7. "Official Communication" from Dash blaming the instamine on inherited Litecoin code (which is factually false).

EDIT: corrected for new current supply

In addition to the correction of the supply number, I must also correct another error. The statement about a "for-profit" coin launch was made not months before launch but about three weeks before launch.

My apologies for the error
legendary
I'm sorry but as smooth is a core dev who is leading the FUD charge while the rest of his dev cohort not coming out publicly to yank the leash in on their attack dog, then they are obviously quiet happy with the troll campaign.

There wouldn't be any reason for anyone legitimate in the cryptocurrency space to be unhappy about criticism of the Dash scam and its advertising spam threads trying to rope in new investors to scam.

That said, we are all individual volunteers who do what we want. For example, I personally would not have posed for that picture, because I'd recognize it could be abused as a sort of endorsement of Evan, which I doubt was intended. I'm speak only for myself (unless, on rare occasion, stated otherwise, but that hasn't happened here).

Random fact:

legendary
I'm sorry but as smooth is a core dev who is leading the FUD charge while the rest of his dev cohort not coming out publicly to yank the leash in on their attack dog, then they are obviously quiet happy with the troll campaign.

There wouldn't be any reason for anyone legitimate in the cryptocurrency space to be unhappy about criticism of the Dash scam and its advertising spam threads trying to rope in new investors to scam.

That said, we are all individual volunteers who do what we want. For example, I personally would not have posed for that picture, because I'd recognize it could be abused as a sort of endorsement of Evan, which I doubt was intended. I'm speak only for myself (unless, on rare occasion, stated otherwise, but that hasn't happened here).

Random fact:

legendary
Concentrate on your own project instead of baselessly attacking others.

Nice try but:

1. No one is attacking. I criticize the instamine because it was a dishonest scam, and I criticize Dash because it continues to scam investors by lying about the instamine, and its technology is described by recognized exports as very good either. But hey, you seem like a decent guy for the most part. Misguided with your spam threads, and obviously misled about Dash, but decent anyway.

2. The criticism of Dash is not baseless. Some of the basis is quoted below, but there is plenty more

"half-truth, half-spin"

Sorry, but as inconvenient as it might be for you or the ongoing Dash scam, all of my comments below are obviously factual, and fully backed up by sources, not half-truth, and not spin.

2. Evan stated months ahead of the launch that he was working on a "for-profit" coin launch.

EDIT: corrected for new current supply
I did you the favour of fixing your post. Same old, same old. Why can't you be more like Fluffypony? He's actually a nice guy once you get to know him. Learn from his example, if you don't want to learn from me...

I wish you and your project nothing but the best. Crypto competition FTW! But your style is not the way to do it.

Progress. Optimism. Decentralized tech. That's what Dash Nation represents. We could be friends if you would just change your attitude. There's still time.
Pages:
Jump to: