Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread - page 30. (Read 41794 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014
Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host
Dash and the Rise of True Decentralization:

http://dashpaymagazine.com/index.php/2016/04/09/dash-rise-true-decentralization/

#DashNation #IoM

Huge blocks of masternodes controlled by a few whales (hi Otoh!) and instaminers, Evan acknowledging full control over the voting system by insiders, masternode rewards going to enrich whales and insiders while ripping off people who try to use the coin for transactional purposes via inflation (assuming such people actually existed), etc.

None of this is "true decentralization". ROFL #spamthread

Have any new evidence to present? Found your "smoking gun"? If not, thanks for the thread bumps. You will not control the narrative about Dash through conjecture anymore, amigo.
Activity: 615
Merit: 501
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Dash and the Rise of True Decentralization:

http://dashpaymagazine.com/index.php/2016/04/09/dash-rise-true-decentralization/

#DashNation #IoM

Huge blocks of masternodes controlled by a few whales (hi Otoh!) and instaminers, Evan acknowledging full control over the voting system by insiders, masternode rewards going to enrich whales and insiders while ripping off people who try to use the coin for transactional purposes via inflation (assuming such people actually existed), etc.

None of this is "true decentralization". ROFL #spamthread
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
That's one the most ignorant things I've ever read. The rules (if that's what you want to call them) are just standards to ensure that the cryptocurrency is antifragile enough to disrupt fiat and legacy banking. Dash fails at being decentralized, fails at privacy and fails at being fungible because the idiots who built it didn't and don't understand these standards and that they aren't required out of some petty authoritarian concept, but the only way a cryptosystem is strong enough to work for the people and not the government--some day you'll wake up and realize that you slowly built ripple 2.0, and I'll be there to tell you, "I told you so, dumbass."
Bitcoin fails at being decentralized.

So what? There are 1000+ other coins. Even if Bitcoin implodes into a singularity of melted chinese ASICs tomorrow, that doesn't mean any other coin would succeed and if one did that it would be the grandaddy of all instamine scams, Dash, of all choices.
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
That's one the most ignorant things I've ever read. The rules (if that's what you want to call them) are just standards to ensure that the cryptocurrency is antifragile enough to disrupt fiat and legacy banking. Dash fails at being decentralized, fails at privacy and fails at being fungible because the idiots who built it didn't and don't understand these standards and that they aren't required out of some petty authoritarian concept, but the only way a cryptosystem is strong enough to work for the people and not the government--some day you'll wake up and realize that you slowly built ripple 2.0, and I'll be there to tell you, "I told you so, dumbass."
Bitcoin fails at being decentralized. Look at those Chinese miners. The Chinese government could own Bitcoin just by knocking down a few doors. Meanwhile Blockstream is co-opting the whole blockchain and replacing the true P2P nature of the system (as Satoshi intended) with Lightning Network, which is basically dropping a Ripple-style network on top of Bitcoin and trying to convince the plebs to use it. What a stupid plan that will drive the real Bitcoin startups into the loving arms of other currencies like DASH.  
Bitcoin fails at privacy.  But protocol level solutions are coming any day now, right??
Bitcoin fails at being fungible. Just ask a few poor butters who couldn't cash out their BTC at Coinbase due to tainted history.

It's amazing to see the attention that DASH is getting from the FUDsters every day. It means that there's something very very wrong with DASH- it's bona fide competition to Bitcoin, and the Maximalists are worried! Sorry but the sacred Bitcoin monopoly will not hold forever.
legendary
Why are we so excited about Dash? Why does Dash have what it takes to challenge Bitcoin?

Let me tell you in person (5:30):

http://youtu.be/mtpeuGLaiqs

#DashNation #IoM
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
To anyone reading this, i could really use some help and with so many of you appearently viewing this thread i feel like its at least wearth a shot.
Six months ago i posted below cryptopuzzle somewhere on this world wide web and till this day nobody seems to have solved it.

Problems is that i kinda forgot the answer to this puzzle and my brain wont let me forget that .. its constantly nagging me about finding the answer.
So i'm giving you guys the chance to figure it out or have your brain nagg you about it from here on out  Grin

I just hope it turns out to be something usefull or remotely interesting.

legendary

For any of my Twitter followers who may be perusing this thread, I'll be back to my usual posting once we establish ourselves here:

https://twitter.com/TaoOfSatoshi/status/719938504805847040?s=09

As Arnold said, "ALL BE BACK."  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

I'm not sure it has been posted here, but for more information about the road map just check this:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-2016-roadmap.8068/

https://dashtalk.org/threads/prioritization-of-fiat-gateways.8457/

And have a look the all the budgets we have this month (which is one of the most important part of the Dash feature, and which surely help the future and the success of Dash)

https://dashtalk.org/threads/april-2016-budget-proposal.8480/

Cheers to all losers that only look at past and can't see the bright future of Dash.
legendary
Thank you to all my Dash Nation mates who have posted here in the spirit of this thread. Debunking myths, standing up to the school-boy bullies who it can now be seen have clear motives to discredit Dash at all costs, and focusing squarely on what the Dash Project is today and will be in the future.

Dash is about optimism, progress and decentralized technology. We're building the future digital cash Satoshi envisioned and all are welcome to join us.

Thank you to all who are bearing with us as we create our own identity. It's appreciated.

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Activity: 514
Merit: 258
personally I hope they all get to be billionares because the system they're creating is incredible and just keeps getting better.

Yeah, I hope it together with you, cuz right now it seems as if what should be basic functionality in this incredible system doesn't even work:
http://blog.makemoneywhileyouwork.com/2016/01/11/using-alt-coins-to-mix-bitcoins/

nice GUI though!!!!

OMFG, valid criticism!!! Gona frame this one Wink Seriously though, that is a genuine problem and one that's being addressed, 0.12.1 will be out in about 2 to 3 months and it will be fixed in that.

Thx! By then i hope monero has a functional GUI too  Grin
Activity: 317
Merit: 1012
personally I hope they all get to be billionares because the system they're creating is incredible and just keeps getting better.

Yeah, I hope it together with you, cuz right now it seems as if what should be basic functionality in this incredible system doesn't even work:
http://blog.makemoneywhileyouwork.com/2016/01/11/using-alt-coins-to-mix-bitcoins/

nice GUI though!!!!

OMFG, valid criticism!!! Gona frame this one Wink Seriously though, that is a genuine problem and one that's being addressed, 0.12.1 will be out in about 2 to 3 months and it will be fixed in that.

The background to it, it's a re-implementation of coinjoin using fixed denominations to null some tracking issues with coinjoin but any implementation needs high participation to work well. Its still in active development and participation was supported by the budget for a while to get some real world stats, during that time anonymisation worked well while but it came to an end last month. As far as I know the next version anonymises by default so it will be very fast but it won't be instant (and never claimed to be), funds will still need anonymising beforehand but it should take seconds rather than hours. The new version is renamed to PrivacyProtect btw, I liked the old name better but it's what it does that matters.
Activity: 514
Merit: 258

nice GUI though!!!!
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

but the actions of your own project betray you

As it happens, the actions of buthurt players in this 'game' who attempt to stuff their faux ethics and skewed priorities down everyone else's throats whenever the market moves against them...also betray them.

As far as Evan's actions go, all that's betrayed over the last 2 years is hard work and dedication to his investors.

As I said in another thread, I think some humility might be in order. (Though I won't hold my breath).

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012
If you could hold a fair vote on Evans situation you'd almost certainly find, A: No one gives a damn (this was already done btw) and B: the majority would be happy if it turned out Evan had a bloody great stash of coins.

The trolls drag up the past over and over and avoid the present at all costs, anyone who's been following Dash knows just how much work the core team put in and their track record of over-delivering, personally I hope they all get to be billionares because the system they're creating is incredible and just keeps getting better.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
I've seen some bullshit posted before, but I'm pretty sure Monero didn't even exist when Evan offered his airdrop idea.

add: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11781530.htm   -- here, 4 days after Monero launched, it was already mentioned that only 22 million drks would exist, right around the time the airdrop idea was talked about.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Welcome to our thread. Perhaps you can provide some evidence to back up your claims? I'm giving everyone ample opportunity. Dash Nation is about fairness in governance and decentralized technology. I will extend this fairness to you. If you have evidence, bring it forward. Until then, thank you for the thread bumps.

Thanks.

My claims? I just asked questions, which you so neatly avoided.

I can repeat and expand: 1) Are you that gullible that you believe what a guy confronted with his back against the wall says? Do you realize it's the ONLY thing he can say? There is only the question of: was it intentional, or was it accidental. If he sais it was intentional his whole empire goes down. So yeah, he can pretty much only lie.

I wonder. Have you ever asked Evan for EVIDENCE??

2) Why are you trying to make the instamine a smaller issue because it was "2 years ago and only during the first 48 hours of DASH".
LoL! The most critical period in human life is the birth. It's VERY important that it go well and without complications.

DASH should have done the only right thing. Re-launch completely after "fixing the issues"

I admire your persistence. Can you provide a "smoking gun" linking Evan to any bad intent? A phone message, a video, anything?

People have laid out several issues and concerns. There is no direct "smoking gun" (afaik) evidence, but rather many smaller events that together paint a clear picture to the astute observer.

A few:

Remember that poll Evan made concering if they should "AirDrop" free coins to make up for the instamine?
Do you REALLY think anyone would base such an important decision on random voters from Bitcointalk?  What if those voters are monero shills that only want to hurt DASH? See my point? Nobody lets anonymous public decide such important decision. It's all just acting and theater to fool gullible people as yourself.

Why would Evan lower the block reward that dramatically unless he knew that he himself holds the majority of the mined coins. Do you really think he would give some random lucky miner that much power? Why would he?

Man I could go on and on. But talking to you doesn't feel very meaningful, you avoid subjects and seem to see everything through rose-colored glasses.

Pages:
Jump to: