Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread - page 33. (Read 41794 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014
Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

Evan had a youthful exuberance, when coupled with a lack of experience caused some mistakes to be made.

Are you REALLY this gullible? WTF.

and WHY are you trying to make the issue smaller because it happened 2 years ago?

There is no running away from this, the deceitful launch will haunt DASH forever.

When shit hits the fan, DASH is gonna leave a huuuge stain on the wall.. will be epic mess, lots of cleanup required too.
Welcome to our thread. Perhaps you can provide some evidence to back up your claims? I'm giving everyone ample opportunity. Dash Nation is about fairness in governance and decentralized technology. I will extend this fairness to you. If you have evidence, bring it forward. Until then, thank you for the thread bumps.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
really??? An insta noobs shows up to spout nonsense. Post with your real account.

Did you miss the part where it's a scam or something?? Dump it for a better coin. Or wait until the entire thing collapses and evans is arrested along with all these other pumpers and scammers.

Welcome to Bitcointalk, I guess. I haven't been willing to wade into the weeds, but Tao struck a nerve.

Oh thanks for the polls and other links, guess it's time to start working on my blocklist.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Evan had a youthful exuberance, when coupled with a lack of experience caused some mistakes to be made.

Are you REALLY this gullible? WTF.

and WHY are you trying to make the issue smaller because it happened 2 years ago?

There is no running away from this, the deceitful launch will haunt DASH forever.

When shit hits the fan, DASH is gonna leave a huuuge stain on the wall.. will be epic mess, lots of cleanup required too.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Quote from: generalizethis
(extended trolling)

I use Dash because it's a good coin. I like all the things you can do with a two-tier network. I see Evan and the other devs doing a great job, coming out with new features and just totally kicking ass.
I know about the instamine. But I don't see evidence today that those coins are still all in one pocket. This post ( https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118 ) which I'm sure you've already seen shows that those early coins have been redistributed by now.
I'm sure you're not trying to get us to change the past, and we already talked about the launch, so what do you want? I'm already "over" Dash's launch, I'm here to help Dash keep growing and innovating.

Oh really??? An insta noobs shows up to spout nonsense. Post with your real account.

Did you miss the part where it's a scam or something?? Dump it for a better coin. Or wait until the entire thing collapses and evans is arrested along with all these other pumpers and scammers.

Does not matter now if SOME of the coins have been redistributed. You have NO EVIDENCE that the ones who instamined  have not retained a huge amount of the coins. The FACT we know the instamine happened and then the reducing of the minting after is two  premeditated actions. I will guarantee that if dash ever did get any worth that the authorities take note and investigate origins there is enough data on this board alone to guarantee 100% he will be serving time. So will tao of satoshi and all the other darkcoin scammers protectors and enablers. Enabling and protecting this scam in the fact of overwhelming evidence of wrong doing is going to get them all in trouble eventually.

That will be 100% fact. It is risky now to do an ICO. But when there is evidence right there of wrong doing clearly for all to see there is no going back now. Wait and see. I wouldn't even be shocked at this moment there is a case building against him and the ring leaders.

The newbie accounts are coming out of the woodwork because they're being inspired by the spirit of this thread: Progress, optimism, and decentralized technology. No one's stood up to the school-boy bullies before, and this thread is giving all Dash Nation members reason to stand up and be proud, as they should be. This false narrative has gone on for too long, people need to judge us based on facts, not spin on facts. Try being positive to your own agenda instead of negative towards others, I guarantee you you will inspire others as well.

www.dash.org

www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation

https://dashtalk.org

www.dashndrink.com

They should read these first

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/darkcoin-aka-dash-the-biggest-ongoing-scam-in-crypto-995710

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-darkcoin-instamine-2-millions-drks-50-of-darkcoin-in-circulation-560138

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/darkcoin-now-known-as-dash-big-scam-lets-take-a-closer-look-559028

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-start-your-very-own-shitcoin-scam-in-6-easy-steps-inspired-by-drkdash-1173474

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poll-does-evan-duffield-regret-instamining-drkdash-at-100x-emission-1034864
legendary
(extended trolling)

I use Dash because it's a good coin. I like all the things you can do with a two-tier network. I see Evan and the other devs doing a great job, coming out with new features and just totally kicking ass.
I know about the instamine. But I don't see evidence today that those coins are still all in one pocket. This post ( https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118 ) which I'm sure you've already seen shows that those early coins have been redistributed by now.
I'm sure you're not trying to get us to change the past, and we already talked about the launch, so what do you want? I'm already "over" Dash's launch, I'm here to help Dash keep growing and innovating.

Oh really??? An insta noobs shows up to spout nonsense. Post with your real account.

Does not matter now if SOME of the coins have been redistributed. You have NO EVIDENCE that the ones who instamined  have not retained a huge amount of the coins. The FACT we know the instamine happened and then the reducing of the minting after is two  premeditated actions. I will guarantee that if dash ever did get any worth that the authorities take note and investigate origins there is enough data on this board alone to guarantee 100% he will be serving time. So will tao of satoshi and all the other darkcoin scammers protectors and enablers. Enabling and protecting this scam in the fact of overwhelming evidence of wrong doing is going to get them all in trouble eventually.

That will be 100% fact. It is risky now to do an ICO. But when there is evidence right there of wrong doing clearly for all to see there is no going back now. Wait and see. I wouldn't even be shocked at this moment there is a case building against him and the ring leaders.

The newbie accounts are coming out of the woodwork because they're being inspired by the spirit of this thread: Progress, optimism, and decentralized technology. No one's stood up to the school-boy bullies before, and this thread is giving all Dash Nation members reason to stand up and be proud, as they should be. This false narrative has gone on for too long, people need to judge us based on facts, not spin on facts. Try being positive to your own agenda instead of negative towards others, I guarantee you you will inspire others as well.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
(extended trolling)

Does not matter now if SOME of the coins have been redistributed. You have NO EVIDENCE that the ones who instamined  have not retained a huge amount of the coins. The FACT we know the instamine happened and then the reducing of the minting after is two  premeditated actions. I will guarantee that if dash ever did get any worth that the authorities take note and investigate origins there is enough data on this board alone to guarantee 100% he will be serving time. So will tao of satoshi and all the other darkcoin scammers protectors and enablers. Enabling and protecting this scam in the fact of overwhelming evidence of wrong doing is going to get them all in trouble eventually.

legendary
(extended trolling)

Thank you so much for that positive post. That is what this thread is all about, celebrating Dash for the project that it is. The decentralized team, governance and funding will help propel Dash into the future. I hope more people start to see this, and join us in Dash Nation.

Cheers, friend.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
(extended trolling)

legendary
This thread is going to get off to a rocky start, to be sure, we've sure stirred up a hornet's nest. The school-boy bullies have for TWO YEARS been allowed to frame the narrative about Dash. They will not give up that "control", as iCEBREAKER so eloquently put it in my Internet of Money article thread, easily without a fight. That is expected.

I'm of the opinion that they've been threatened by Dash for a long time, due to its superior technology and cohesive, professional team. And to their credit, they have done a fantastic job making Evan Duffield look like a "scammer", a person who premeditatively decided to mine all of the Dash for himself and make himself insanely rich, all the while laughing at all of the poor folks who would fall victim to his evil plans.

But then something happened. I saw a podcast the other day with Tone Vays from Liberty Life Trail. On this podcast, he said that he used to believe in Dash, but then he was enlightened by the very "facts" we are debating today. The very unsubstantiated spin and innuendo that has been allowed to permeate through the cryptosphere since Dash's rocky start.

Something stirred in me that day.

I vowed that this would not be allowed to continue. To me, and anyone who has been following the Dash project as someone posted earlier, Dash is a professional, driven, and ambitious project, and you can see that through the innovations that the Dash team comes up with. Dash Nation has every right to be proud, to confidently tell outsiders that we are working on true decentralization, from the transactions, to the governance, to the funding. We are the only project that can say those things, and the closest to fulfilling Satoshi's vision of a true decentralized digital cash, the Internet of Money.

This is the subject of this thread, and it will not go away. Our promises and breakthroughs will be documented here, for all to see on a regular basis. The days of school-boy bullies dominating the narrative about Dash are over.

To those who may have been influenced by the spin and innuendo, I ask you for your attention over time. I invite you to join Dash Nation, but I realize it will take time to free people from the deceit of a few individuals.

I ask for your eyes and ears, Dash will show you what it's all about over time. Allow us to define our own identity.

Respectfully,

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

EDIT: To any capable devs who may want to help us build the Internet Of Money, a fun graphic for you, by Dash Nation member Raptor73:

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
And you seem to be stuck in a groove with your argument, you're the only one claiming to give a damn about the distributin and can't come up with a single example of fair distribution. Of course you can't, they don't exist and you can't come up with proof anyone has an amount of Dash you deem unfair. You missed the boat, cry somewhere else about it, so did I and it doesn't bother me one bit. All you're looking at is the bottom line, If you had any sense you'd see what's happening with crypto uptake and wouldn't be wasting your time trolling the ancient history of one coin you feel is a competitor to another, blockchain is yesterdays news.

How many shitcoin logic points are you gonna use? Coin jealousy? Missed the boat? Why not FUD and few others?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14472374

Dash's distribution, thanks to masternodes using dash as collateral, make its early emissions a current decentralization topic--you don't like it, pick a coin with a better launch and design. And yes, Monero has a better distribution in both areas. And straight coin distribution, most any POW coin that you can hit with a dart and a blindfold have better distribution. You can claim other coins have crappy distribution all you want, but it will never excuse one of the crappiest distribution fails in cryptocurrency's history, whether it's two years or ten years after the fact, especially when those coins determine who controls the nodes. Let's get away from all this pie-in-the-sky-BS-I-think-we-can-I-think-we-can and talk about a fundamentally bad design. Just call it ripple 2.0 and get the centralization circus underway. Calling this shitcoin decentralized and fairly distributed should be the stuff of laughter, not serious debate. In what world does a guy who launches a coin, after a failed launch, forget to launch again rather than assure he did everything in his power to distribute the coins fairly? Come on! Nobody is this dumb.

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012
And you seem to be stuck in a groove with your argument, you're the only one claiming to give a damn about the distributin and can't come up with a single example of fair distribution. Of course you can't, they don't exist and you can't come up with proof anyone has an amount of Dash you deem unfair. You missed the boat, cry somewhere else about it, so did I and it doesn't bother me one bit. All you're looking at is the bottom line, If you had any sense you'd see what's happening with crypto uptake and wouldn't be wasting your time trolling the ancient history of one coin you feel is a competitor to another, blockchain is yesterdays news.
legendary
Your wrong, the facts indicate that dash is most likely one of the most centralized coins in existence, barring ICOs --just because that can't be made with 100% assurance, hardly makes the fact that it is the most likely outcome opinion. Again, trustless systems should be made as trustless as possible in all regards and not force the user to trust in the honesty of salesmen and developers.

Calling the most likely scenario opinion misses that I'm pointing out the most likely scenario based on the available facts, and mining 30% of the available supply in two days is what leads to this scenario, not any bias on my part. I can just as easily say, prove dash is decentralized and have you unable to prove it one way or the other, but we can certainly come to likely possibility given the facts.

That might as well be comparing apples and oranges, all forms of distribution are crap to some degree and we can't even quantify fairness but pretty much every crypto is in a fairly narrow band of high crappyness. Can Bitcoin turn around tomorrow and say they're going to up the total supply to 21 billion so everyone can start with a fair share? Not fecking likely but if it made obvious sense for Dash to do something like that it could, the governance really does work that well.

Pardoning yourself with the "everyone is crappy" card hardly excuses you have one of the worst launches of any POW and expecting people to not criticize it, or even accept it, as par for the course misses that most coins did a better job and have a more trustless model for decentralization--now couple that with the suspicious actions by Evan, you have to be more than a little chimerical to think more than a few people will think the worst possibility is the most likely one--that Evan intentionally instamined 2million coins and still controls most of them, if not more through masternode control.

I'm comparing dash's launch to other coins that claim no premine or ICO, and it doesn't compare well--no amount of "no distribution is perfect" talk will make it a valid dismissal unless coins go back in time and have as terrible or worse launches.

You don't get to change the standards to fit the circumstances of your investment.

And yet again, prove it. Unsubstantiated allegations are easy and they're worth nothing. When you've done that show me a coin you think is fairly distributed, PoW is out from the start and even the most screwed up fiat system if way ahead of any crypto.

Prove it isn't in Evan's control.

The point is that someone mined 2 million coins in two days and that that 2 million is 30% of the current distribution, asking me to trust the guy that said it was an accident (but didn't relaunch, After he just relaunched) is more trust than I'll grant to a system that is supposed to use common methods to assure trustlessness. Dash's launch failed and continues to fail at offering the best odds of the system being decentralized.  It's like you guys don't even understand how cryptosystems are supposed to work: trustless and decentralized<--notice the absence of an or.
Your wrong, the facts indicate that dash is most likely one of the most centralized coins in existence, barring ICOs --just because that can't be made with 100% assurance, hardly makes the fact that it is the most likely outcome opinion. Again, trustless systems should be made as trustless as possible in all regards and not force the user to trust in the honesty of salesmen and developers.

Calling the most likely scenario opinion misses that I'm pointing out the most likely scenario based on the available facts, and mining 30% of the available supply in two days is what leads to this scenario, not any bias on my part. I can just as easily say, prove dash is decentralized and have you unable to prove it one way or the other, but we can certainly come to likely possibility given the facts.

That might as well be comparing apples and oranges, all forms of distribution are crap to some degree and we can't even quantify fairness but pretty much every crypto is in a fairly narrow band of high crappyness. Can Bitcoin turn around tomorrow and say they're going to up the total supply to 21 billion so everyone can start with a fair share? Not fecking likely but if it made obvious sense for Dash to do something like that it could, the governance really does work that well.

Pardoning yourself with the "everyone is crappy" card hardly excuses you have one of the worst launches of any POW and expecting people to not criticize it, or even accept it, as par for the course misses that most coins did a better job and have a more trustless model for decentralization--now couple that with the suspicious actions by Evan, you have to be more than a little chimerical to think more than a few people will think the worst possibility is the most likely one--that Evan intentionally instamined 2million coins and still controls most of them, if not more through masternode control.

I'm comparing dash's launch to other coins that claim no premine or ICO, and it doesn't compare well--no amount of "no distribution is perfect" talk will make it a valid dismissal unless coins go back in time and have as terrible or worse launches.

You don't get to change the standards to fit the circumstances of your investment.

And yet again, prove it. Unsubstantiated allegations are easy and they're worth nothing. When you've done that show me a coin you think is fairly distributed, PoW is out from the start and even the most screwed up fiat system if way ahead of any crypto.
legendary

Pardoning yourself with the "everyone is crappy" card hardly excuses dash; it has one of the worst launches of any POW, and expecting people to not criticize it, or even accept it, as par for the course misses that most coins did a better job and have a more trustless model for decentralization--now couple that with the suspicious actions by Evan, you have to be more than a little chimerical to think more than a few people will think the worst possibility is the most likely one--that Evan intentionally instamined 2million coins and still controls most of them, if not more through masternode control.

legendary
The numbers and the design of a cryptosystem aren't my opinion, and dash's faulty design using those standards isn't opinion--
This sounds like your implying either that Dash has a faulty design, or that the instamine was by design.

Either way, please enlighten us with some facts. As I've said before, you would be doing Dash a favor.

I'm saying that the launch was, by the standards used for cryptosystems to create the most decentralized emissions as possible, (time, rate, ect.), bad in comparison with other coins.

There are facts (timing, false promises, absence of windows miner) that lend themselves to this being intentional, but either intentional or not, the result is a coin that is very likely centralized when compared with coins using better methods to assure a wider group of miners over a longer period of time. Again, the user is forced to play the odds with cryptosystems, and coins that have huge emissions over short time-frames offer the worst odds of decentralization.
Disagree. Prove to me that, as of the time you write your next post and continue to bump this pro-Dash thread, that Dash is centralized. Don't forget, I told you in the other thread, my grandmother runs a Masternode... Grin

If you disagree that a system that uses a shorter time-frame to mine more coins is more likely to be decentralized than a coin that uses a longer time-frame to mine less coins, you are logically challenged.

As for proving dash is centralized, you are requiring me to trust that it isn't, and that's the problem. Given the launch, it makes it less likely than most POW coins, but no one can say beyond a shadow of doubt if it is or isn't, but if forced to bet my cash or my life, I'm going with the one that offers the best odds--dash doesn't.

You can choose to trust the dash devs and those that claim the coins were redistributed, but don't lie to yourself, or to anyone else, and argue that that is the most probable or likely case.

Open source. Period. The code is there for all to see. No trust required. Do you even do crypto?

EDIT: Sorry, you're talking about the distribution. Once again, you're entitled to your opinion, but there are no facts that indicate Dash is centralized, as is your contention.

legendary
The numbers and the design of a cryptosystem aren't my opinion, and dash's faulty design using those standards isn't opinion--
This sounds like your implying either that Dash has a faulty design, or that the instamine was by design.

Either way, please enlighten us with some facts. As I've said before, you would be doing Dash a favor.

I'm saying that the launch was, by the standards used for cryptosystems to create the most decentralized emissions as possible, (time, rate, ect.), bad in comparison with other coins.

There are facts (timing, false promises, absence of windows miner) that lend themselves to this being intentional, but either intentional or not, the result is a coin that is very likely centralized when compared with coins using better methods to assure a wider group of miners over a longer period of time. Again, the user is forced to play the odds with cryptosystems, and coins that have huge emissions over short time-frames offer the worst odds of decentralization.
Disagree. Prove to me that, as of the time you write your next post and continue to bump this pro-Dash thread, that Dash is centralized. Don't forget, I told you in the other thread, my grandmother runs a Masternode... Grin

If you disagree that a system that uses a shorter time-frame to mine more coins is more likely to be decentralized than a coin that uses a longer time-frame to mine less coins, you are logically challenged.

As for proving dash is centralized, you are requiring me to trust that it isn't, and that's the problem. Given the launch, it makes it less likely than most POW coins, but no one can say beyond a shadow of doubt if it is or isn't, but if forced to bet my cash or my life, I'm going with the one that offers the best odds--dash doesn't.

You can choose to trust the dash devs and those that claim the coins were redistributed, but don't lie to yourself, or to anyone else, and argue that that is the most probable or likely case.

Open source. Period. The code is there for all to see. No trust required. Do you even do crypto?

EDIT: Sorry, you're talking about the distribution. Once again, you're entitled to your opinion, but there are no facts that indicate Dash is centralized, as is your contention.
legendary
The problem is that Satoshi envisioned it as decentralized and technically sound--dash is neither.

Didn't take long for you to turn up with your unsubstantiated allegations and general trolling did it? How long do you think you can stay even vaguely on topic this time? Read the title, "Progress", ie. not constant repetitions of history you re-posted several thousand times at this stage. Dash had a rough start, get over it. Its no secret and the only people that seem to give a shit are you and your cronies that insist on disrupting Dash threads, either post something useful or GTFO and go back to siring up trouble over Bitcoins blocksize.

Dash Nation... progress... yeah, entities, the kind of thing that enables users to keep anonymous internet scumbags at a distance. Not mentioned in the Evolution whitepaper but it's one of the fancy tricks you can do with them.

https://www.dash.org/binaries/evo/DashPaper-v13-v1.pdf
I know it's off topic but how are you legendary with your activity less than 300? 

Not getting into the Dash debate but it's interesting to watch from the sidelines.
Thank you for your interest. It's going to take some time to put the kids to bed, but we'll get there. The facts are on our side.

Would you be so kind as to post a concise list of the most important facts of Dash? Please Avoid Capitalized Marketing buzzwords, Allergic to Marketing. (PACMAM principle)

I admit to being strongly biased against Dash but maybe that can be swayed and I promise to listen although I have no time for forum back and forth.
I appreciate the opportunity. What exactly would you like to know? I'll be back later to read and I'll prepare it for you. Maybe I can convince you to join Dash Nation...

Later, Tao
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
Would you be so kind as to post a concise list of the most important facts of Dash? Please Avoid Capitalized Marketing buzzwords, Allergic to Marketing. (PACMAM principle)

I admit to being strongly biased against Dash but maybe that can be swayed and I promise to listen although I have no time for forum back and forth.

Toa will probably be along with something better in a mo but the vid series is a good place to start, I think they present things well without any real bias but I'd be interested in hearing your impression.

https://www.dash.org/dash-video-series/

I agree, a lot of information about Dash can be gathered from those videos. It will just take some time to digest them all...  
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: