Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread - page 32. (Read 41794 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014
Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host
Same old iCEBREAKER trying to "control" the narrative about Dash through spin, innuendo and ad hominem attacks.

You are still doing us a service by bumping this pro-Dash thread front and centre in the Altcoin discussion board.

All great things started small. You have to start somewhere as an organization. The exciting thing about Dash is that the technology exists to bring a true decentralized digital money to the public, outside of government control.

This is what Satoshi envisioned when he created Bitcoin. Unfortunately, it's fallen victim to centralization of funding sources and influence. The tug-of-war over development is just starting for it. The ability to make key decisions that improve the coin is key, and Dash has it with the DGBB (Decentralized Governance by Blockchain), with unbiased funding sources.

We are a young small coin with great technology that's been misunderstood because of lies and deception. We are growing though, and more people see the Dash difference each day. I have many positive conversations on Twitter, and I slowly see the perception changing.

Join Dash Nation and help us create the Internet of Money! Join a culture of positivity amid all of this negativity that consumes this space.

Dash Lead Developer Evan Duffield Discusses Evolution With The Daily Decrypt:

There you go invoking Satoshi again. Satoshi envisioned a decentralized currency built on solid cryptography--dash is neither of these things. It's an instamined fraud built on the fault line that is X11 and the second rate anonymity method darksend. It created centralization through an instamine and exasperated it by creating pay-nodes that centralize power further. It's poor design, built on the back of a poor launch.
It is? And to what do we owe that pearl of wisdom? You're better than this, bring facts to the conversation, I am.

X11 is insecure because if one of the chains is exploited then the whole thing is garbage as the attack can go on so long that you simply can't remove the broken chain and roll back to a pre-broken state.

Darksend is second rate because it doesn't use the end-to-end principle to achieve anonymity.

Pay-nodes further centralization when a premine or instamine has occurred and there is no way to verify redistribution of the already centralized distribution--this applies to dash because of the instamine that constitutes 30% of current emissions mined in the first two days of launch.

Need me to explain any more facts?
Has x-11 been broken? Break it, and then we'll talk. Can you track an 8 round Darksend transaction? Track it, and then we'll talk. Can you prove that masternodes (which are incentivized full nodes that anyone can run) are centralized? Prove it, and then we'll talk.
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
Evan had a youthful exuberance, when coupled with a lack of experience caused some mistakes to be made.

Someone youthfully exuberant would not have been able to hold back on telling the world about the development and feature plans he was so excited about and instead wait until after the instamine was entirely completed. In fact he did exactly that which shows it was likely purposeful and calculated, not accidents and mistakes.

Evan had been around crypto for at least two years or so before launching XCoin/Darkcoin/Dash. He'd see it all, including premines, hidden premines, instamines, etc. He was no beginner and he knew exactly how to play the game.

Also Evan claims to hail from the financial realm, so I think he may know something about using bots to trade the market. I contemplate he may have been formulating the perfect plan for fooling the market with a bot that buys from itself.

P.S. note I corrected the thread title.
legendary
Evan had a youthful exuberance, when coupled with a lack of experience caused some mistakes to be made.

Someone youthfully exuberant would not have been able to hold back on telling the world about the development and feature plans he was so excited about and instead wait until after the instamine was entirely completed. In fact he did exactly that which shows it was likely purposeful and calculated, not accidents and mistakes.

Evan had been around crypto for at least two years or so before launching Dash. He'd see it all, including premines, hidden premines, instamines, etc. He was no beginner and he knew exactly how to play the game.

Thanks for that contribution. Still no facts that link Evan to any bad intent. Keep to the facts. All I see is an opinion, which I can respect, but opinions are not what this thread is about.

You and your band of school-boy bullies have spread the false narrative about Dash for far too long. No evidence, just unsubstantiated claims that Evan is a scammer, Dash is "bad crypto", Dash is centralized, etc...

This stops now. This thread is not going away, I intend to document all of Dash's accomplishments and present them here. That is what this thread is about. Progress. Optimism. Decentralized technology.

I love how you all are ganging up on me here, though. You really shouldn't waste your time with little old me if Dash was not a threat, no?

#DashNation #IoM
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Evan had been around crypto for at least two years or so before launching XCoin/Darkcoin/Dash. He'd see it all, including premines, hidden premines, instamines, etc. He was no beginner and he knew exactly how to play the game.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
You are still doing us a service by bumping this pro-Dash thread front and centre in the Altcoin discussion board.

I agree it started as one...
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Same old iCEBREAKER trying to "control" the narrative about Dash through spin, innuendo and ad hominem attacks.

All great things started small. You have to start somewhere as an organization. The exciting thing about Dash is that the technology exists to bring a true decentralized digital money to the public, outside of government control.

This is what Satoshi envisioned when he created Bitcoin. Unfortunately, it's fallen victim to centralization of funding sources and influence. The tug-of-war over development is just starting for it. The ability to make key decisions that improve the coin is key, and Dash has it with the DGBB (Decentralized Governance by Blockchain), with unbiased funding sources.

We are a young small coin with great technology that's been misunderstood because of lies and deception. We are growing though, and more people see the Dash difference each day. I have many positive conversations on Twitter, and I slowly see the perception changing.

Join Dash Nation and help us create the Internet of Money! Join a culture of positivity amid all of this negativity that consumes this space.

There you go invoking Satoshi again. Satoshi envisioned a decentralized currency built on solid cryptography--dash is neither of these things. It's an instamined fraud built on the fault line that is X11 and the second rate anonymity method darksend. It created centralization through an instamine and exasperated it by creating pay-nodes that centralize power further. It's poor design, built on the back of a poor launch.
It is? And to what do we owe that pearl of wisdom? You're better than this, bring facts to the conversation, I am.

X11 is insecure because if one of the chains is exploited then the whole thing is garbage as the attack can go on so long that you simply can't remove the broken chain and roll back to a pre-broken state.

Darksend is second rate because it doesn't use the end-to-end principle to achieve anonymity.

Pay-nodes further centralization when a premine or instamine has occurred and there is no way to verify redistribution of the already centralized distribution--this applies to dash because of the instamine that constitutes 30% of current emissions mined in the first two days of launch.

Need me to explain any more facts?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

legendary

This is what Satoshi envisioned when he created Bitcoin. Unfortunately, it's fallen victim to centralization of funding sources and influence. The tug-of-war over development is just starting for it. The ability to make important decisions that improve the coin is key, and Dash has it with the DGBB (Decentralized Governance by Blockchain), and with unbiased funding sources.

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/everything-evolution-3rd-tier-possibilities-w-dashs-evan-duffield-1686893114.html

legendary
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
5 people is not a "multitude of developers."  Paycoin and GAW had more than 5 devs.
A soda machine isn't going to fix Dash's instamine-centralized top-heavy distribution and bad crypto (even if you pay a sex worker to stand in front of it).
But congrats on finally realizing raging and attacking Dash's critics won't win any new converts for the Evan's Gate cargo cult.
It only took you two years to get a clue and start up the rah-rah-rah happy talk tactics!   Cheesy

Why take such a hostile tone? Why exaggerate the past, and insult Dash supporters? Are you trying to change mimds, or just here to stir up a fight?

I don't change minds; the facts about Dash's fully intentional "accidental" instamine change minds.

Go ahead and distract everyone with your tone police act.  Keep trying to divert attention away from the instamine by playing the victim.

That hasn't worked in the last two years, and isn't going to start working now.

Tone Vays is only the beginning.  His thought leadership will diffuse out to the rest of the crypto ecosystem, and Dash will go the way of Paycoin.

Duffield is no Satoshi.  He's really more of a Josh Garza.   Tongue
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
5 people is not a "multitude of developers."  Paycoin and GAW had more than 5 devs.
A soda machine isn't going to fix Dash's instamine-centralized top-heavy distribution and bad crypto (even if you pay a sex worker to stand in front of it).
But congrats on finally realizing raging and attacking Dash's critics won't win any new converts for the Evan's Gate cargo cult.
It only took you two years to get a clue and start up the rah-rah-rah happy talk tactics!   Cheesy

Why take such a hostile tone? Why exaggerate the past, and insult Dash supporters? Are you trying to change mimds, or just here to stir up a fight?
legendary
The Dash project is far more than just Evan Duffield. There are a multitude of developers, all working with their strengths, to provide infrastructure for Dash. The problem is the base technology is there, but Dash has a huge network effect to overcome. Evolution, being led by Andy Freer, will provide the tool needed for Dash to chip away at Bitcoin's marketcap through ease of use.

Other pertinent developers:

MooCowMoo: Dashvend (used in the www.dashndrink.com InstantX Soda Machine) which is our software to help retailers accept Dash InstantX payments in a retail environment

UdjinM6: Core Developer who has fixed a number of issues

Flare: He has provided invaluable organizational aspects to Dash, and helps to improve the protocol too.

FullTimeGeek: Working on DashPay Android Wallets

QuantumExplorer: Working on DashPay iOS Wallets

and many more.

So, as anyone can see Dash Nation is blessed with a great team working together in tandem to bring Satoshi's true digital cash to the masses.

Through Dash's decentralized governance system (which Evan gave up a lot of power by creating by the way) we are moving forward with initiatives in development, marketing, fiat onboarding, and discovery at the same time.

It will be a struggle, to be sure, but it's one that we are more than ready to tackle.

I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to explain that to the thread readers, iCEBREAKER. You and I are going to make a great team!

legendary
The Dash project is far more than just Evan Duffield. There are a multitude of developers, all working with their strengths, to provide infrastructure for Dash. The problem is the base technology is there, but Dash has a huge network effect to overcome. Evolution, being led by Andy Freer, will provide the tool needed for Dash to chip away at Bitcoin's marketcap through ease of use.

Other pertinent developers:

MooCowMoo: Dashvend (used in the www.dashndrink.com InstantX Soda Machine) which is our software to help retailers accept Dash InstantX payments in a retail environment

UdjinM6: Core Developer who has fixed a number of issues

Flare: He has provided invaluable organizational aspects to Dash, and helps to improve the protocol too.

FullTimeGeek: Working on DashPay Android Wallets

QuantumExplorer: Working on DashPay iOS Wallets

and many more.

So, as anyone can see Dash Nation is blessed with a great team working together in tandem to bring Satoshi's true digital cash to the masses.

Through Dash's decentralized governance system (which Evan gave up a lot of power by creating by the way) we are moving forward with initiatives in development, marketing, fiat onboarding, and discovery at the same time.

Anyone who wants to see Dash's governance and voting in action can visit this link: https://dashwhale.org.

It will be a struggle, to be sure, but it's one that we are more than ready to tackle.

I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to explain that to the thread readers, iCEBREAKER. You and I are going to make a great team!
legendary
legendary
I appreciate your entertaining posts iCEBREAKER. They prove your dizzying intellect. You add color to the thread, and for that I thank you. As I've said in the OP, you will not be allowed to "control" the narrative about Dash.

Evan is in fact a brilliant man. And he's charming, enthusiastic and driven to help Dash Nation build the Internet Of Money.

You school-yard bullies and your spin and name-calling have had your day. The facts prevail.
legendary
legendary
The numbers and the design of a cryptosystem aren't my opinion, and dash's faulty design using those standards isn't opinion--
This sounds like your implying either that Dash has a faulty design, or that the instamine was by design.

Either way, please enlighten us with some facts. As I've said before, you would be doing Dash a favor.

Vertoe's "Fuck this centralized shady Golden Donkey scam; I quit" post pretty well covers Dash's structural governance issues.

Do you need me to quote it?   Smiley
legendary
Welcome to our thread. Perhaps you can provide some evidence to back up your claims? I'm giving everyone ample opportunity. Dash Nation is about fairness in governance and decentralized technology. I will extend this fairness to you. If you have evidence, bring it forward. Until then, thank you for the thread bumps.

Thanks.

My claims? I just asked questions, which you so neatly avoided.

I can repeat and expand: 1) Are you that gullible that you believe what a guy confronted with his back against the wall says? Do you realize it's the ONLY thing he can say? There is only the question of: was it intentional, or was it accidental. If he sais it was intentional his whole empire goes down. So yeah, he can pretty much only lie.

I wonder. Have you ever asked Evan for EVIDENCE??

2) Why are you trying to make the instamine a smaller issue because it was "2 years ago and only during the first 48 hours of DASH".
LoL! The most critical period in human life is the birth. It's VERY important that it go well and without complications.

DASH should have done the only right thing. Re-launch completely after "fixing the issues"

I admire your persistence. Can you provide a "smoking gun" linking Evan to any bad intent? A phone message, a video, anything?

This thread and myself, in the absence of any new evidence, are squarely focused on what matters: leveraging our decentralized team, governance and funding to propel Dash into being the undisputed digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

Thank you for continuing to make us aware of our past, though. We should always remember where we came from.

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/the-internet-1715527827.html
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
don't let tao of scamtoshi  bother you. This person gets detailed facts like these

Here let me try again. Read it. You are saying simply because you have no 100% specific numbers it can't have happened Smiley okay

Let's take a look at the first 5 h of Darkcoin (XCoin at that time)...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4589219
Edufield said (after failed launch) that he will wait the next day to launch DRK (XCoin at that time) it is 11 pm.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4591407
Edufield disregard windows wallet and daemon and hurry up his launch, presumably to not have windows miners on board.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4592827
Edufield say he added four nodes for the launch at 4 am (5 hours later, despite his promise to wait). The 4 nodes from Edufield are 3 amazons AWS + another unknown (whois IP). Launch started at 3h54 am.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4593601
Edufield said the github version was not updated, nobody could compile and only Edufield was able to mine until that time. It is 5.09 am and Edufield instamined alone 1153 block at 500 DRK + 60 block at reward 277 = 593120 DRK for him alone in about 1 hour.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4593987
No windows wallet confirmed at 5h47 am, despite a user attempt to make one avaiable, that Edufield dismissed quickly.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4594096
Illodin, understand dev has instamined alot of coin.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4595573
From this list of nodes, at 8h34 am (4h40 after launch) there were 50 Amazon AWS node and 50 microsoft cloud computing instamining DRK (checked using IP whois service). This is 100/124 nodes using cloud computing to instamine DRK. We are at block 2870 and block reward is 500. From block 1153-1729 block reward is 277. After that it is 500 again hence 2294 block at 500 + 576 at 277 = 1306552 DRK (worth about 13M$ now) were instamined in less than 5 hour by Edufield and coworkers using about 100 cloud mining instances. Edufield himself instamined in not even 5 h from 600K to 1169K DRK ((1306K-600K)*100/124 + 600K) depending how many of the 100 cloud mining instance were its own. All this while having purposefully set the difficult ridiculously low and block reward 100 times what it is now.

SCAM = unfair and dishonest scheme = dash

This latest defence is so strange. Where are the victims ? what are you talking about it is there in black and white.

1. everyone who was told it was a fair launch LIKE ALL THE OTHER LAUNCHES AT THE TIME. - then prevented from mining fairly = scammed
2. everyone who was told there would be much more opportunity to mine ( then that got slashed by 75%) - prevented from mining the coins that were then taken away = scammed.

here are your victims.

3. everyone buying now thinking dash can go somewhere not knowing the scam it is will forever hold it back = being scammed.

Every dasher on here trying to scam others into supporting your scam = scammers.

I will be updating my scammers thread to add all of your names to it.

Denying a scam after it is proven time and time again to you in black and white = scam enabler and defender = scammer.

and then asks for some evidence of wrong doing???

The guy is simply as scammer.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Welcome to our thread. Perhaps you can provide some evidence to back up your claims? I'm giving everyone ample opportunity. Dash Nation is about fairness in governance and decentralized technology. I will extend this fairness to you. If you have evidence, bring it forward. Until then, thank you for the thread bumps.

Thanks.

My claims? I just asked questions, which you so neatly avoided.

I can repeat and expand: 1) Are you that gullible that you believe what a guy confronted with his back against the wall says? Do you realize it's the ONLY thing he can say? There is only the question of: was it intentional, or was it accidental. If he sais it was intentional his whole empire goes down. So yeah, he can pretty much only lie.

I wonder. Have you ever asked Evan for EVIDENCE??

2) Why are you trying to make the instamine a smaller issue because it was "2 years ago and only during the first 48 hours of DASH".
LoL! The most critical period in human life is the birth. It's VERY important that it go well and without complications.

DASH should have done the only right thing. Re-launch completely after "fixing the issues"
Pages:
Jump to: