Pages:
Author

Topic: Dash: The Future Internet Of Money? - page 11. (Read 15542 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014
Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host
April 10, 2016, 12:58:00 PM
Dash Nation's Fernando Guttierez Presents Dash at the Madrid Bitcoin Meetup:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/dash-overview-madrid-bticoin-meetup-1720964851.html

#DashNation
legendary
April 10, 2016, 12:54:44 PM

I think we will not need Dash or any other altcoin to have privacy in crypto anyway. Most of the development is happening on Bitcoin. Sooner or later Bitcoin will become optionally as anonymous as all those "anonymous altcoins" and all the money on those coins will come back to Bitcoin. With Confidential Transactions, CoinJoin and more, Bitcoin will have no competition for anonymity as well.

OH RLY?

Bitcoin devs can't even agree on a simple block size solution.

And they are going to implement CT, CJ, and more at the protocol level to be used by default with no issues in the transition process. Okay

let me know when you wake up from your dream.

Maybe because the solution is not simple?
The Core devs have already proved that segwit works:

https://segnet.smartbit.com.au/block/0000008dfef05aa2924f65f3423de9875005a9107ff1c963c6c35f929b32ff0e

Here is proof. So Bitcoin IS scaling, and is getting privacy friendly features added too.

Only idiots are still arguing about blocksize increases and dreaming with some irrelevant altcoin taking Bitcoin's #1 spot, everyone with a brain and money already moved to BTC or is doing so slowly to not raise the market too soon.

Thank you for your valuable contribution. A lot of people share your opinion. Dash will be just fine in that environment. We will establish ourselves slowly at first, with the trickle of users soon becoming a flood for the reasons described in my article in the OP.

I wish Dash nothing but the best, but those people saying how Bitcoin is dead and it can't scale hoping that some altcoin will take its place are nothing but delusional.
Bitcoin is scaling, Bitcoin will get more private, those are facts. You just can't say shit about scaling when alts don't even have to face that problem because they are tiny. If some alt gets as big as Bitcoin it's going to be fun seeing them struggle with scaling. It's easy to talk on the sidelines.

There is truth in what you are saying but lets just see what the Bitcoin halving will do with regards to its mining activities, its transaction confirmations and longterm how decentralised it will stay as a whole.
Those are currently my main concerns with regards to Bitcoin.
Bitcoin's possibly semi-centralized and privately funded attempts to scale notwithstanding, the points I made in the OP stand. Bitcoin, through centralized funding sources, will not be able to innovate and adjust as fast as Dash's decentralized funding and governance model. Over time we will start to see the advantages add up. When you introduce centralization to a decentralized currency, it's a recipe for disaster, if you care about that. Dash is decentralized from top to bottom, it is a priority for us, and that is a model that will provide the cohesiveness and the flexibility to overtake the market leader, and lay claim to the title of Internet Of Money.
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
April 10, 2016, 12:47:16 PM
Activity: 317
Merit: 1012
April 10, 2016, 12:40:55 PM
I wish Dash nothing but the best, but those people saying how Bitcoin is dead and it can't scale hoping that some altcoin will take its place are nothing but delusional.
Bitcoin is scaling, Bitcoin will get more private, those are facts. You just can't say shit about scaling when alts don't even have to face that problem because they are tiny. If some alt gets as big as Bitcoin it's going to be fun seeing them struggle with scaling. It's easy to talk on the sidelines.

Likewise for Bitcoin, imho it should remain the front runner for the whole crypto movement and I doubt you'd find anyone involved with Dash that wants Bitcoin to fail, there's more than enough room for honest competition between cryptocurrencies and competition improves the breed as a whole. Dashes scaling has been addressed in theory at least, 7000 transactions a second are well within the scope of the Evolution whitepaper and a clear path to over 10x that, no doubt there'll be some sort of teething problems but the groundwork is sound. The Evolution whitepaper is around somewhere with details on it, the quorum selection allows lots of transactions to be handled in parallel.

EDIT:
https://www.dash.org/binaries/evo/DashPaper-v13-v1.pdf#h.sffj9rn0diom
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
April 10, 2016, 12:37:05 PM

I think we will not need Dash or any other altcoin to have privacy in crypto anyway. Most of the development is happening on Bitcoin. Sooner or later Bitcoin will become optionally as anonymous as all those "anonymous altcoins" and all the money on those coins will come back to Bitcoin. With Confidential Transactions, CoinJoin and more, Bitcoin will have no competition for anonymity as well.

OH RLY?

And they are going to implement CT, CJ, and more at the protocol level to be used by default with no issues in the transition process. Okay

https://segnet.smartbit.com.au/block/0000008dfef05aa2924f65f3423de9875005a9107ff1c963c6c35f929b32ff0e

Here is proof. So Bitcoin IS scaling, and is getting privacy friendly features added too.

Only idiots are still arguing about blocksize increases and dreaming with some irrelevant altcoin taking Bitcoin's #1 spot, everyone with a brain and money already moved to BTC or is doing so slowly to not raise the market too soon.

Thank you for your valuable contribution. A lot of people share your opinion. Dash will be just fine in that environment. We will establish ourselves slowly at first, with the trickle of users soon becoming a flood for the reasons described in my article in the OP.

There is truth in what you are saying but lets just see what the Bitcoin halving will do with regards to its mining activities, its transaction confirmations and longterm how decentralised it will stay as a whole.
Those are currently my main concerns with regards to Bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
April 10, 2016, 12:29:13 PM

OH RLY?

legendary
legendary
April 10, 2016, 12:20:19 PM

OH RLY?

legendary
April 10, 2016, 12:16:37 PM
I must say, I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning and found this thread still at the top of the Altcoin Discussion board.

I was content to let this thread die after getting the confirmation of what I knew all along: The perpetrators of the scam narrative don't have a leg to stand on, not a shred of evidence linking Dash's beginnings to any bad intent, they are just controlling the narrative on the subject.

But, these school-boy bullies continue to bump the thread with their documentation of the facts from 48 hours two years ago, which no one is disputing. So I again owe them a debt of gratitude.

For facts about Dash, see these sites: www.dash.org and www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation.

Dash Nation is not dwelling in the past, although we remember where we came from. We are focused on the future, and building the future Internet of Money through our advanced decentralized technology, governance and funding.

Thank you for bearing with us while we stand up to the individuals who seek to dominate the narrative about Dash, as has been revealed in this thread.

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
April 10, 2016, 12:12:30 PM

OH RLY?

legendary
April 10, 2016, 11:12:57 AM
I think the future of internet money will slowly shift from using bankcards to using phones & smart watches (with NFC capabilities for example).
This will give Dash opportunities as its already focussed on mobile phones (Android, iOS) & Internet of Things (Rasberry Pi etc).
Decentralised API will further enhance shop's (from all over the world) ability to process payments
through a cryptocurrency like Dash. FIAT gateways are given higher priority lately and i think these FIAT gateway tools thats being
developed for Dash (Backend Tools) are scheduled to be open-sourced so other cryptocurrencies can profit from these as well.

ref : https://dashtalk.org/threads/prioritization-of-fiat-gateways.8457/

So the future looks bright with regards to Dash and also towards cryptocurrencies that are putting development of their own coin as top priority,
its a big market out there after all, almost untouched. Dash & Bitcoin and a few other cryptocurrencies can easily co-exist in that market, each perhaps in
their own carved out niche. Or Dash can end up dominating all these niches.. time will tell.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
April 10, 2016, 11:02:34 AM
Wow, you guys really can't answer a direct question with numbers as the only possible answer?

I know it ruins your shitcoin dreams to have to face reality, so I ask again (for the sake of reality): How many BTC were mined in the first 24 hours? How many XMR were mined in the first 24 hours? How many dash were mined in the first 24 hours?

If you don't know, just say so, I already assumed that since you invested in dash that you are terrible at fact checking.
April 10, 2016, 11:00:12 AM
(BTC, DASH, XMR and most likely a lot more cryptocurrencies out there)
fall under that "instamine" category.

Fucking liars.

Additionally BTC and XMR don't have a masternode scam to print DRK to hand to insiders who use their instamine to stake masternodes. It doesn't cost anything ongoing to have masternode. It is print-money-out-of-thin-air scam.

You Dash fuckers will never stop lying.
April 10, 2016, 10:47:50 AM
He he, that worked better than expected Smiley Maybe a different aspect on the future of internet money, things like MMOs and strategy games seem to be breaking free of their servers and out into the wilds of the internet (including gankers and raid parties :/ ) and the whole cryptocurrenct ecosystem could end up not too dissimilar to warcraft. Things very much like raid parties are common on trading markets and as chains become more tightly linked there could be a lot in common with (ex.) resource based strategy games, bots, battling factions, all that kind of thing. That doesn't really fit in with Dashes primary aim, Digital Cash, but it fits in very well with Dashes focus on evolution.
legendary
April 10, 2016, 10:22:51 AM
As i see this all is really hurting poor generalizethis mind and i worry he will loose sleep over it :

https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

In this article, we explore the impact of the “instamine” on the Dash ecosystem. There’s been talk from the very beginning of Dash about the very first 24 hours,
1.9 million coins were issued. We gained access to Evan Duffield to directly answer some questions about the instamine and give us an account of what happened.

There is really no pissing contest here, instamine is instamine .. numbers dont change the fact that all three cryptocurrencies (BTC, DASH, XMR and most likely a lot more cryptocurrencies out there)
fall under that "instamine" category. Which makes it all a bit ironic really.

edit : makes me think of that pregnancy saying : you cant be just a little pregnant.....

April 10, 2016, 10:12:22 AM
So the future of money has no past?

Maybe you can answer my questions s.distortion: How many BTC were mined in the first 24 hours? How many XMR were mined in the first 24 hours? How many dash were mined in the first 24 hours?

I contend that the answer will disqualify one of those coins from being the future of money--is that off-topic?

The first 3, I already asked if anyone gives a shit and none answered so pretty much irrelevant as far as this thread is concerned. The last, probably not important, all have gone from strength to strength since launch (some more than others Grin ) so it's unlikely to have any great influence on their future.
Activity: 615
Merit: 501
April 10, 2016, 10:10:55 AM
And seeing as no one else seems to have any interest in discussing very early history I'd say a few links to places where it's already been discussed in depth (many, many times, almost all of which by the same few individuals) would cover that off-topic so we can get the discussion back to the future internet of money and Dashes place in that.

That what I wanted to say.
There are 10's threads out there about it, go there and talk to yourselves.
Attention whores with OT posts.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
April 10, 2016, 10:05:46 AM
Want to see the trolls go silent? Grin 'Tis easy, they game the forum rules and are shit scared of the mods attention (I guess they have to pay for their accounts if they lose them Grin ). This thread is about the future of Dash and internet money yet they continually insist on diverting discussion to the past, clearly a breach of forum rules imho but that's not my choice to make Wink

And seeing as no one else seems to have any interest in discussing very early history I'd say a few links to places where it's already been discussed in depth (many, many times, almost all of which by the same few individuals) would cover that off-topic so we can get the discussion back to the future internet of money and Dashes place in that.

So the future of money has no past?

Maybe you can answer my questions s.distortion: How many BTC were mined in the first 24 hours? How many XMR were mined in the first 24 hours? How many dash were mined in the first 24 hours?

I contend that the answer will disqualify one of those coins from being the future of money--is that off-topic?
April 10, 2016, 09:55:31 AM
Want to see the trolls go silent? Grin 'Tis easy, they game the forum rules and are shit scared of the mods attention (I guess they have to pay for their accounts if they lose them Grin ). This thread is about the future of Dash and internet money yet they continually insist on diverting discussion to the past, clearly a breach of forum rules imho but that's not my choice to make Wink

April 10, 2016, 09:36:42 AM
I see no reason to retort the nonsense that has come since my last post, since I had already retorted those points before.

The Dash insiders and pumpers are here to try to bury what was already explained upthread and in the other thread about the instamine.
Pages:
Jump to: