Pages:
Author

Topic: Data Center Mining Garage and Man Mining Cave - page 12. (Read 49384 times)

Activity: 414
Merit: 251
Thanks but I want to do a much more extensive review for Tytanik as I have all the possible rig configuration out there.  (Server PSU, Open Air via single rig, Open Air via normal rack, Server rack, etc).  I also have the APC switched PDUs (7911 and 7911A) for many of my rigs, so I will compare the pros and cons of each and the math behind why both solutions is worth their premium many times over especially with SRR.  The biggest challenges to USA customer is that delivery can be very long if shipped from Europe hence why I offered to help with the warehousing as I can ship to most USA locations within 2-5 days for very cheap. 

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Look pretty need and clean. I will posting my photos when 100% finished with my basement mining farm.

Very cool - Interested in seeing your setup.

@Crypto watcher - Finksy will be sharing the exciting development of those server powered PICOs soon with more pics to follow.  This gives the entire setup a very clean look as you're reducing up to 4-5 bulky normal baby ATX psu.  No costly AC/DC power adapters nor the messy look from that many adapters and power connections required.  The Pico will be powered by 1 server PSU 6 pin PCI conector which is what I'm really really excited about.

Finksy is working on a low cost solution for the complete package which is so AWESOME.  Definitely going to be a GAME changer of what other new and exciting designs I can create with this new development.  He will be sending me a unit to do a review.

Prepping my 2 x 4KW Server PSU with anticipation.

Also on another EXCITING news - Tytanik owner of Simplemining.net will be sending me an eval unit of the Simple Rig Resetter.  This automation will be another HUGE Game changer and will improve our revenue.  Down rigs while we're sleeping or traveling gets very expensive when you have a large farm.  It will definitely more than pay for itself over a short period of time with all the recent Crap Mining codes we're seeing that keep on locking up rigs. .APC or any other switched PDUs won't catch that for you so those are poorer manual alternatives.  Shipping may be very slow from Europe, so we're working on ways he can leverage my place as a USA warehouse to speed up the delivery for USA customers.  

Great news,

I ordered a Single Rig Resetter, the package is on the way Smiley
So if you want I can do a full review as soon as I receive it.
I hope in less than a week, it is at the customs in France
Look pretty need and clean. I will posting my photos when 100% finished with my basement mining farm.

Very cool - Interested in seeing your setup.

@Crypto watcher - Finksy will be sharing the exciting development of those server powered PICOs soon with more pics to follow.  This gives the entire setup a very clean look as you're reducing up to 4-5 bulky normal baby ATX psu.  No costly AC/DC power adapters nor the messy look from that many adapters and power connections required.  The Pico will be powered by 1 server PSU 6 pin PCI conector which is what I'm really really excited about.

Finksy is working on a low cost solution for the complete package which is so AWESOME.  Definitely going to be a GAME changer of what other new and exciting designs I can create with this new development.  He will be sending me a unit to do a review.

Prepping my 2 x 4KW Server PSU with anticipation.

Also on another EXCITING news - Tytanik owner of Simplemining.net will be sending me an eval unit of the Simple Rig Resetter.  This automation will be another HUGE Game changer and will improve our revenue.  Down rigs while we're sleeping or traveling gets very expensive when you have a large farm.  It will definitely more than pay for itself over a short period of time with all the recent Crap Mining codes we're seeing that keep on locking up rigs. .APC or any other switched PDUs won't catch that for you so those are poorer manual alternatives.  Shipping may be very slow from Europe, so we're working on ways he can leverage my place as a USA warehouse to speed up the delivery for USA customers.  

Activity: 462
Merit: 258
Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader
Activity: 561
Merit: 255
Going stealthy
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CryptoLearner
@mindtrip - Thanks.  My brother in law live in MA and he can definitely relate to the high Electric cost which no one seems to noticed as they don't use as much Electric for cooling up in the NE.

********STORM UPDATE**************

So the Super Shed survived the Tornado and strong storm wind.  I must be honest, it was scary with the loud thunder and very strong wind.  It woke me out with such loud noises, I thought a rack or something fell.  But it was the crackling Thunder.  Part of me wants to shut off the power, part of me say "DO IT, so  you know what it's capable of".  Happy to report, it handled both the heavy rain and strong wind well.  Uncle came to visit and say GOOD JOB SON!!!  Got rewarded handsomely for my bravery.

GG at least you know it's strong !
Congratulation
It had to be done Smiley
@mindtrip - Thanks.  My brother in law live in MA and he can definitely relate to the high Electric cost which no one seems to noticed as they don't use as much Electric for cooling up in the NE.

********STORM UPDATE**************

So the Super Shed survived the Tornado and strong storm wind.  I must be honest, it was scary with the loud thunder and very strong wind.  It woke me out with such loud noises, I thought a rack or something fell.  But it was the crackling Thunder.  Part of me wants to shut off the power, part of me say "DO IT, so  you know what it's capable of".  Happy to report, it handled both the heavy rain and strong wind well.  Uncle came to visit and say GOOD JOB SON!!!  Got rewarded handsomely for my bravery.

legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
Really nice work  Grin I remember when my house started to look like yours everyone thought I was nutz. Then I started moving it into my office where I started to really piss off my employees with loud fan noise and excess heat. Now my new office is perfect all the miners sit in the wearhouse in the back far away from everyone so no more complaints. My biggest issue is NY has horrible electric rates my next mission is to buy a building and install solar and a geothermal system for cooling. Non the less nice to see the tinkerer spirit hard at work Ill be keeping an eye on this thread, I love this stuff!! If I can ever be of any help, dont hesitate to ask I have tons of old parts laying around my office  Wink
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
ROFL that is hilarious!
CryptoLearner
Yesterday was Valentines......................

I prepared this in advance to surprise my wife who have been with me since I was 14, so over 26 years now.   Just to wake up finding my kids ate all the Chocolates..........Hahahahah

Lol damn kids ! Happy valentine to you all  Grin
Yesterday was Valentines......................

I prepared this in advance to surprise my wife who have been with me since I was 14, so over 26 years now.   Just to wake up finding my kids ate all the Chocolates..........Hahahahah

@Philip - Those are all absolutely worth the small investments that most people don't even think about

@dudutti -  Love the lighting.  Cool little setup, looks very fun.

@dagarair - Yeah the 3 whole house surge protector is on ordered, waiting for it to arrived.  I knew absolutely nothing about Electricity until my My first Contractor quit and ran off on my project.  He was a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend.  Had to learn everything the hard way including replacing the crappy 400AMP panel that he installed that was pretty useless with just 8 slots so everything need sub panels.  I had to also youtube how to slam that 10 ft ROD down  First 6 ft was easy, the rest ........................hahaha.    Thank GOD for Youtube.

legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
Yun My entire house is grounded.  There is a giant copper cable that runs in the attic and most major appliances are connected to it.  It goes out in like 4 places to ground outside.  I never noticed until like 2 months in the house that it had lightning spires on it lols.  I also have the whole house surge protectors like you want.  They are worth it.  I have 400 Amp service as well and win 36 units out of this house. and 20 more in a rental.

house ground is big.

I got a direct hit on my outside a/c compressor  back in the 90's   ..    I used to be a hi fi nut with a ton of good hi fi gear.

the a/c compressor went to an outside panel  that had 2 ground shunts .   and all power went into the ground.   everything in the house was saved.  Only thing lost was the a/c compressor.

ground cost me about 25 usd.

since then I added more but home is well protected.

Here in NJ  our t-storm risk is so-so not like central usa..
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
Yun My entire house is grounded.  There is a giant copper cable that runs in the attic and most major appliances are connected to it.  It goes out in like 4 places to ground outside.  I never noticed until like 2 months in the house that it had lightning spires on it lols.  I also have the whole house surge protectors like you want.  They are worth it.  I have 400 Amp service as well and win 36 units out of this house. and 20 more in a rental.

@dudutti - That's actually a pretty decent setup.  Great start.  I like the small 3 tier wood rack.  

Yeah thanks the small tier 3 wood rack is the most convenient

I started with mobile units that I called "Bitwarmer" ("chauffage à bit(e) In french,It's more fun) to heat different room but for a better scaling I switched to wooden

legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
yes it is easy.  it is not prefect as it prevents surges  passing through the panel into your home but the surge started in your home it does not help.

outside >>>   panel >> whole house protection >>>>>>   all wire in the home

So  if some how  you do something wrong in the home no protection   since the surge is on the unprotected side .

a really big UPS  in side your home that fails  can do this.

how would the ups malfunction in such a way as to put a surge on the house AC line?

btw i have a square d whole house surge suppressor.

would not do that.

whole house surge------
house panel ---
twenty lines or 30 lines or 40 lines
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7) lets  say ups is here ------ your modem ---- your gigabyte switch
Cool
9)
10)

ups fails and send out high volts to the modem and your gigabyte switch  very rare.

my home is whole house surge ----   panel ---

32 circuits.

1 circuit  for modem and gigabyte switch

and that circuit has
  surge protector -----
voltage regulator -----
 surge protector -----
 modem and gigabyte switch.

also cable comes into house  it has 2 ground shunts  out side house.

finally last defense is a spark arrestor at the modem

all low cost items if you have cable and coax cables which would carry a lightning surge
this will protect your modem in house
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KR7EK?

this will help your home on the outside

https://www.amazon.com/TII-Broadband-Cable-Lightning-Protector/dp/B0016AIYU6/ref=sr_1_1?

if you have cable into your home   and run tons of gear like we do have both of these above.

use outside ground some 10 ga copper and attach to this
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/DISTRIBUTED-BY-MCM-500299-/33-10810
CryptoLearner
I have a surge protector for my Router(s) cable and cable modem as well as a UPS for them.  I don't use home phone.  However GPU farms needs protection.  Like most typical person, when I think of surge protection I think Surge power strips which is very uncommon for 240V in America.  Never thought about whole house units as I have zero experience with that.   Happy Phil brought it up and hope that I would never need to really "use it". 

Well power strip is as effective, but for large install it's much better to do with a big frontend unit, phil was of good advice as usual Smiley, i'm actually surprised the guys that made the electrical installation @ your home didn't tried to sell one to you Smiley
I have a surge protector for my Router(s) cable and cable modem as well as a UPS for them.  I don't use home phone.  However GPU farms needs protection.  Like most typical person, when I think of surge protection I think Surge power strips which is very uncommon for 240V in America.  Never thought about whole house units as I have zero experience with that.   Happy Phil brought it up and hope that I would never need to really "use it". 
CryptoLearner
@deadsix - Thanks.  I'm sure many assumed I'm just some excited guy new to Crypto who's probably getting in over my head, hence all the ROI warnings, etc.  

This Storm coming has made me decided it's probably a smart idea to invest in some whole house Surge protectors like what Phillip recommended.  My setup requires 3 of them so the cost is tripled.  That being said, I've decided on the Eaton Ultra.  All 3 together after discounts cost about 2 Leviton while having some really solid warranties and strongly recommended by my Electrician.

Eaton 109420 Ultra Surge Protection 3Rd Edition

ULTRA  

•        20 kA (In) Nominal Discharge Current  
•        108 kA Surge Current Capacity per phase rating  
•        *$75,000 warranty  
•        Limited lifetime product warranty

I use something along the same line as this, but it's an APC model, also don't forget to also protect the data lines like phone & ethernet, alot of people forget about this, but it can wreck your install very fast too !

Leviton brand is extremely good too, im more partial to Eaton, i tried their UPS, they're of a lesser quality than APC or Leviton and with less money warranty on hardware.
Pages:
Jump to: