Pages:
Author

Topic: DEA Agents in Silk Road Case Face Fraud Charges - page 8. (Read 14412 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Warning: Confrmed Gavinista
Noone was killed just because he hired the "wrong" hitman.

All the evidence you quoted above was generated and supplied by a (now alleged to be a thief and a liar) Law Enforcement Agent.

Do you not think that there may be even a tiny question as to its value as evidence?

Nobody was talking about killing anyone until the DEA arrived on the scene. remember, officers found 650 rounds of ammo and 4 handguns in his home (the DEA guy, not Ross!!)when he was arrested.
As for the theft that sparked off the alleged 'hit' talk - It looks like that was stolen by our friendly inside DEA guy.

Dude, you couldn't make this shit up.

Edit:  Damn! I really need to learn to either think or type quicker...  Shocked Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

Your pissing in the wind man. Those two corrupt cops got that case thrown out, and perhaps Ross free'd.
And Agent Force was ready for some serious killing with all them guns at the time of his arrest.
Again, get your priorities straight, Ross was helping the planet as a whole by doing his part to end the war on people, I mean consciousness, I mean drugs.  Wink
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
legendary
Antifragile
Since alota people keep defending Ross Ulbricht like he was some kinda hero:

When Nod (DEA agent Force) asked Ross what to do with (Curtis Green) who was supposed to have stolen 350000$, he first said:

(2013-01-26 11:17) myself: I'd like him beat up, then forced to send the
bitcoins he stole back. like sit him down at his computer and make him do
it

After one day of thinking, Ross changed his mind and stated following:

(2013-01-27 15:16) Nob: as we discussed, I reached out and I have two
very, professional individuals that are going to visit green
(2013-01-27 15:16) myself: will they execute him if I want?
(2013-01-27 15:17) Nob: they are very good; yes, but I directed them only
to beat him up; that was your wishes yesterday, correct?
(2013-01-27 15:19) myself: yes it was

and a few minutes later:

(2013-01-27 15:25) myself: ok, so can you change the order to execute
rather than torture?

Case 1:14-cr-00068-KBF Document 227-1 Filed 03/31/15 Page 49 of 121
(2013-01-27 15:26) myself: he was on the inside for a while, and now that
he's been arrested, I'm afraid he'll give up info
(2013-01-27 15:26) Nob: yes, is that what you want?
(2013-01-27 15:26) myself: and he ripped me off
(2013-01-27 15:26) myself: it is, after i had a chance to think on it
(2013-01-27 15:26) myself: never killed a man or had one killed before,
but it is the right move in this case.

(2013-01-27 15:27) myself: how much will it cost?

When you read that part in his own written journal it goes something like:

- Set up new server
- Site got DDosd
- Paid hitman to kill that thief
- Went to the park to clean it up

I have no remorse for this m....f.... low life computer nerd, wh orders killings like other people order pizza. I hope he rots in jail forever.

No one was killed, while HSBC and Wochovia got away with the money and over 10,000 deaths. Get your priorities straight (and spread the love).  Smiley
legendary
Antifragile
I think we just have to take the same approach the US Government took with taking essentially no action with the complicit drug laundering actions of HSBC and Wachovia - No charges nor jailtime due to the danger of a lack of faith/belief in our banking system which they say could have had a dire outcome (to their partners no doubt).

Similarly, the danger in putting Ross in jail for essentially creating a torrent like linking system for products, is going to cause me and millions of others to lose Faith in The US Legal system as well as the Government. All the while Cannabis is being legalized with other drugs to follow. Bad timing US.

Also, since the before mentioned banks' fines were less than there profits, and since 10,000 or so murders can be attributed to their actions, Ross should also get his BTC's back in addition to being free.

Finally let Ross and Snowden share the Nobel Peace prize for doing more than Obama ever has.

Its About Sharing!
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
Since alota people keep defending Ross Ulbricht like he was some kinda hero:

When Nod (DEA agent Force) asked Ross what to do with (Curtis Green) who was supposed to have stolen 350000$, he first said:

(2013-01-26 11:17) myself: I'd like him beat up, then forced to send the
bitcoins he stole back. like sit him down at his computer and make him do
it

After one day of thinking, Ross changed his mind and stated following:

(2013-01-27 15:16) Nob: as we discussed, I reached out and I have two
very, professional individuals that are going to visit green
(2013-01-27 15:16) myself: will they execute him if I want?
(2013-01-27 15:17) Nob: they are very good; yes, but I directed them only
to beat him up; that was your wishes yesterday, correct?
(2013-01-27 15:19) myself: yes it was

and a few minutes later:

(2013-01-27 15:25) myself: ok, so can you change the order to execute
rather than torture?

Case 1:14-cr-00068-KBF Document 227-1 Filed 03/31/15 Page 49 of 121
(2013-01-27 15:26) myself: he was on the inside for a while, and now that
he's been arrested, I'm afraid he'll give up info
(2013-01-27 15:26) Nob: yes, is that what you want?
(2013-01-27 15:26) myself: and he ripped me off
(2013-01-27 15:26) myself: it is, after i had a chance to think on it
(2013-01-27 15:26) myself: never killed a man or had one killed before,
but it is the right move in this case.

(2013-01-27 15:27) myself: how much will it cost?

When you read that part in his own written journal it goes something like:

- Set up new server
- Site got DDosd
- Paid hitman to kill that thief
- Went to the park to clean it up

I have no remorse for this m....f.... low life computer nerd, wh orders killings like other people order pizza. I hope he rots in jail forever.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
What confuses me about Ross isn't whether he was sentenced to life or got off completely free. Ross strikes me as a pretty bright kid. He must have known that the Christian Puritan laws in this country would eventually catch up with him because he wasn't 12 years old and tried to hide his identity. He's not a martyr because he did try very hard to hide his real identity. Martyrs usually want everyone to know who they are and don't mind taking a bullet for the team. What confuses me is why this bright kid didn't leave America to run his illegal business? Why stay in the Christian Lions jaws waiting for the eventual bite? Makes no sense to me.

It makes sense if he really was the fall guy that he claimed to be.  Andy Greenburg said that Ulbritch had a mole in the investigation.  No, DPR had a mole.  If DPR was tipped off that the Feds were closing in on him, it is plausible that Ulbricht is just the fall guy.  As far as I'm concerned, the only thing Ulbricht is guilty of is trying to remove a spam post from the Silk Road forums.  30 years for removing a spam post.

That really would be sad, wouldn't it?
legendary
What confuses me about Ross isn't whether he was sentenced to life or got off completely free. Ross strikes me as a pretty bright kid. He must have known that the Christian Puritan laws in this country would eventually catch up with him because he wasn't 12 years old and tried to hide his identity. He's not a martyr because he did try very hard to hide his real identity. Martyrs usually want everyone to know who they are and don't mind taking a bullet for the team. What confuses me is why this bright kid didn't leave America to run his illegal business? Why stay in the Christian Lions jaws waiting for the eventual bite? Makes no sense to me.

There could be a slight advantage to staying in the US as investigators could drastically narrow the search down to focusing on Americans who left recently or before the creation of the silk road.

The best solution would have been to make his nationality/race/identity ambiguous when speaking with employees and leave the US IMHO. It is difficult but can be done as Satoshi has shown.

I suppose but I think I'd rather live free in Somalia than be a prisoner in America. It's not like he didn't have plenty of money to hire his own protection army.
Activity: 143
Merit: 104

It makes sense if he really was the fall guy that he claimed to be.  Andy Greenburg said that Ulbritch had a mole in the investigation.  No, DPR had a mole.  If DPR was tipped off that the Feds were closing in on him, it is plausible that Ulbricht is just the fall guy.  As far as I'm concerned, the only thing Ulbricht is guilty of is trying to remove a spam post from the Silk Road forums.  30 years for removing a spam post.
Activity: 658
Merit: 501

There could be a slight advantage to staying in the US as investigators could drastically narrow the search down to focusing on Americans who left recently or before the creation of the silk road.

The best solution would have been to make his nationality/race/identity ambiguous when speaking with employees and leave the US IMHO. It is difficult but can be done as Satoshi has shown.
legendary

Yes, he created Silk Road, but he never possessed any of the drugs for sale on it (probably), and he didn't buy the drugs (again, probably).

Wrong. According to his own diary he kept he was the very first seller on there selling shrooms he grew.

Wow. Those Sunni extremist nutjobs could do with a guy like you.  Growing something  = Jail time.  How very enlightened.

As for the hit for hire shit, don't you think that fact that the DEA guy involved has been arrested for stealing and trying to do a runner to Algeria might have taken some of the shine off that particular gem of US jurisprudence?  Even a little?   Hmmm??  Huh Huh

Edit:  Sorry, replied before seeing duke1839 response,  substitute above with '^this  Grin"
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Ross Ulbricht may get some jail time, but it shouldn't be 30 years.  Maybe a year or two.

I'm torn on this one. He's being made an example of, which sucks for him. I do think it's a bit harsh, though, even for the 'poster child,' but they don't really care at this point. In a few years, he may get softened up on, depending what happens with other people involved. This entire situation just keeps getting crazier and crazier. The rabbit hole is deep as fuck
Activity: 143
Merit: 104
Ross Ulbricht may get some jail time, but it shouldn't be 30 years.  Maybe a year or two.

Lol. Charlie Shrem got a couple of years and his charges were minute in comparison. He'll be lucky to get anything under 20 years. His only hope is if they can prove wrongdoing by the feds on an appeal.

Charlie Shrem did nothing wrong.  Ross Ulbricht did nothing wrong.  The burden of proof is not on the accused.  We are all supposed to be presumed innocent.
Yes, he created Silk Road, but he never possessed any of the drugs for sale on it (probably), and he didn't buy the drugs (again, probably).

Wrong. According to his own diary he kept he was the very first seller on there selling shrooms he grew.

Growing and selling a fungus shouldn't be a crime no matter what politicians say.
Those people would have bought and sold their drugs one way or another even if Silk Road never existed.  So putting Ulbricht in jail does not serve justice or help anyone.   Aside from making a website that specialized in drug sales, he didn't actually do anything wrong.

Not quite. I think you need to read up on the case and the charges against him. He also allegedly facilitated or helped to organize certain big drug deals. There's also the murder for hire charges and money laundering etc.

We now know why the murder for hire charges were dropped.  It turns out they were facilitated by a DEA agent (allegedly) to cover up his own theft of bitcoins.  This jury would have blindly found Ulbricht guilty on any charge that was put in front of them so I always wondered why they didn't just include the murder for hire charge as well.  Now we know.  Ross Ulbricht should have never been tried in the first place let alone serve jail time.  All the evidence against him is tainted.  The only reason he is in jail is because the government wanted to save face and put someone in jail in this high profile case.  They knew they were going to have egg on their face but they wanted to have at least a scalp to point to as a victory that made it all worthwhile.  Incarceration is a racket that punishes both prisoners and taxpayers.  Only the most dangerous of criminals need to be incarcerated.  Not Charlie Shrem nor Ross Ulbricht.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Ross Ulbricht may get some jail time, but it shouldn't be 30 years.  Maybe a year or two.

Lol. Charlie Shrem got a couple of years and his charges were minute in comparison. He'll be lucky to get anything under 20 years. His only hope is if they can prove wrongdoing by the feds on an appeal.

Those people would have bought and sold their drugs one way or another even if Silk Road never existed.  So putting Ulbricht in jail does not serve justice or help anyone.   Aside from making a website that specialized in drug sales, he didn't actually do anything wrong.

Not quite. I think you need to read up on the case and the charges against him. He also allegedly facilitated or helped to organize certain big drug deals. There's also the murder for hire charges and money laundering etc.
legendary

Yes, he created Silk Road, but he never possessed any of the drugs for sale on it (probably), and he didn't buy the drugs (again, probably).  He merely facilitated a way for others to buy and sell drugs and made some nice coin on the side from sales commissions.

Those people would have bought and sold their drugs one way or another even if Silk Road never existed.  So putting Ulbricht in jail does not serve justice or help anyone.   Aside from making a website that specialized in drug sales, he didn't actually do anything wrong.

You're right, other than facilitating international illegal drug distribution he didn't actually do anything wrong. He's no worse than a mule that brings drugs to the U.S from Mexico. It's not like he was selling the drugs. Why are they being so hard on him?
Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

Yes, he created Silk Road, but he never possessed any of the drugs for sale on it (probably), and he didn't buy the drugs (again, probably).  He merely facilitated a way for others to buy and sell drugs and made some nice coin on the side from sales commissions.

Hello all!

I'm new to Bitcoin Talk but I am a CPA who has over 20 years of financial experience.  

Also, I am very knowledgeable about Bitcoin!  I am here to help with your bookkeeping, income tax preparation, investments,  legal and tax advice,  etc.

Please feel free to contact me [email protected].

I look forward to supporting the Bitcoin community.

Thanks,

Carl

All his posts were soliciting for business. But the crowdfunding reference ( since gone) would have been fun to look at!!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Hacked by "rogue secret service agent"

lmao
Activity: 8
Merit: 0

Hello all!

I'm new to Bitcoin Talk but I am a CPA who has over 20 years of financial experience.  

Also, I am very knowledgeable about Bitcoin!  I am here to help with your bookkeeping, income tax preparation, investments,  legal and tax advice,  etc.

Please feel free to contact me [email protected].

I look forward to supporting the Bitcoin community.

Thanks,

Carl

I have been a licensed CPA since 1996 and have 20 years of experience in the financial industries.  Also, I have significant experience with Bitcoin (especially legal issues) and contacts with the U.S. Secret Service, HSI, and IRS - Criminal Investigations.

Best way to contact me is at [email protected].

I accept payment in Bitcoin Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: