Pages:
Author

Topic: DEA Agents in Silk Road Case Face Fraud Charges - page 4. (Read 14412 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Yeah I guess Mark had no reason to hand over the MTGOX bitcoins to the government, did you already forgot about the corruption?  

I dont see him in prison and bet you if Ross was in Japan they would have still put the blame on him.

Mark Karpeles is the guy who single-handedly destroyed the reputation of Bitcoin. The negativity which Bitcoin received after the Mt Gox scandal is going to stay for many years to come. Also, Karpeles destroyed the life savings of tens of thousands of people, some of who were among the earliest adapters of Bitcoin.

So in short, Karpeles is the no.1 enemy of Bitcoin, which makes him a friend of the bankers and oligarchs.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Pre-sale - March 18
you guys seems to fail to see that Mark kapeles is DPR cause he ran and gave the bitcoins to the government.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_A6UVqeBGI&feature=youtu.be

The only evidence I've seen that Karpales is DPR is after the real DPR tried rather pathetically shifting the blame on to him.
Yeah I guess Mark had no reason to hand over the MTGOX bitcoins to the government, did you already forgot about the corruption?  

I dont see him in prison and bet you if Ross was in Japan they would have still put the blame on him.

Activity: 66
Merit: 10
you guys seems to fail to see that Mark kapeles is DPR cause he ran and gave the bitcoins to the government.  

The only evidence I've seen that Karpales is DPR is after the real DPR tried rather pathetically shifting the blame on to him.
Activity: 378
Pre-sale - March 18

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

The big question is why they are doing it. IMO, they are doing it for their own benefit.

And if anyone questions that assertion, you simply respond - "Civil Asset Forfeiture",  a $2.7bn bussiness   Grin

(Assets forfeited are used by the agencies that collect it, split amicably with the feds)

Edit: @Bagatell   Grin Grin great minds, eh?
Activity: 722
IMO, they are doing it for their own benefit.

They call it "civil asset forfeiture".

legendary

No, I get the privatized prison system, but what I'm not buying is your conspiracy theory that they're creating crime scenes merely to fill prisons when crime rate drops. That's just something you made up. There will never be a shortage of poor people they can lock up for minor crimes.

I think what he is trying to say is that what constitutes a criminal offence can be dictated by the state. Trivial offences can be criminalised, this attracting jailtime. So, in a society where there is a gradual decrease in serious crimes against the person or property, the existing framework of Law Enforcement can be kept productive. The last thing a state wants is a well trained and equipped force returned to civilian life.

"creating crime scenes"  - look at he Silk Road case. If you take the DEA out of this case, how serious is it? A website for guys selling a bit of weed and head stuff? Guys been doing that in Europe out of the Netherlands for years. Enter the DEA - and now you have have "nob" (DEA thief) trying to move 1 KILO of coke ( even the SR regulars reckoned this was suspicious and probably LE), funds being STOLEN (by DEA guy), innocent staff being framed by DEA for theft, hitmen being offered (by DEA) -etc.  Things seemed to go to sh*t once the DEA was involved.

Have a look the evidence. All the really bad stuff had the DEA involved everytime.

"creating crime scenes" ??  Maybe not such a far fetched idea after all.  Cool

This is exactly what I was referring to. Many thanks for your post. It is well known that a large part of the petty crimes are framed by the cops themselves. The big question is why they are doing it. IMO, they are doing it for their own benefit.

That's is not a stupid idea!

Legal marijuana was a $700 million dollar industry in Colorado last year, according to a Washington Post analysis of recently-released tax data from the state's Department of Revenue. In 2014, Colorado retailers sold $386 million of medical marijuana and $313 million for purely recreational purposes. The two segments of the market generated $63 million in tax revenue, with an additional $13 million collected in licenses and fees.

Great example! where did you get that from?

Another example is Portugal. While they haven't decriminalised the drugs, they have decriminalised the users (who are in many ways victims). This change of approach has had some huge improvements for them: Der Spiegel - Portugal after 12 years...
Think about what would happen if the war on drugs ended.. They would have to close down 95 percent of the prisons. They would have to lay off tens of thousands of DEA and other Federal agents. Its too big of a money maker for the government. But maybe they will just start their own silk road and start another revenue stream, lol...

This is why we will never see the end of the war on drugs. I wonder how many people would be out of work? it would start from federal agents, down to all the subcontractors, so im sure the number is huge. But, they can then switch their attention to drug prevention, and rehab. I believe the stats of portugal prove that decriminalizing drugs works, but they dont want us to know. They dont have to make illegal drugs legal, just decriminalize them. its a multibillion dollar a year business for the government. So of course they are against it. Who wants to get rid of their own  job, lol!...

Ill have to look up the exact numbers on how much the government spends on this war on drugs, im sure the numbers will be impressive..

One of the other bonuses that the state gets from these 'wars' is the resultant fear in the populace as a whole. Going all the way back to Machiavelli, who coined the phrase "Its better for a state [prince] to be feared than to be loved", you can control a population easily through fear (they don't have to be afraid of you per se, you just need to engender that fear in a general way) A great way to maintian this fear is to point to crime statistics, and create new targets, like "The War On Terror"  (double points for that!! )

By keeping people in a constant, senseless state of fear, civil liberties can be eroded and the power of the state extended into areas of life where it has no right.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Think about what would happen if the war on drugs ended.. They would have to close down 95 percent of the prisons. They would have to lay off tens of thousands of DEA and other Federal agents. Its too big of a money maker for the government. But maybe they will just start their own silk road and start another revenue stream, lol...

This is why we will never see the end of the war on drugs. I wonder how many people would be out of work? it would start from federal agents, down to all the subcontractors, so im sure the number is huge. But, they can then switch their attention to drug prevention, and rehab. I believe the stats of portugal prove that decriminalizing drugs works, but they dont want us to know. They dont have to make illegal drugs legal, just decriminalize them. its a multibillion dollar a year business for the government. So of course they are against it. Who wants to get rid of their own  job, lol!...

Ill have to look up the exact numbers on how much the government spends on this war on drugs, im sure the numbers will be impressive

That's is not a stupid idea!

Legal marijuana was a $700 million dollar industry in Colorado last year, according to a Washington Post analysis of recently-released tax data from the state's Department of Revenue. In 2014, Colorado retailers sold $386 million of medical marijuana and $313 million for purely recreational purposes. The two segments of the market generated $63 million in tax revenue, with an additional $13 million collected in licenses and fees.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Ill have to look up the exact numbers on how much the government spends on this war on drugs, im sure the numbers will be impressive..

No, I get the privatized prison system, but what I'm not buying is your conspiracy theory that they're creating crime scenes merely to fill prisons when crime rate drops. That's just something you made up. There will never be a shortage of poor people they can lock up for minor crimes.

I think what he is trying to say is that what constitutes a criminal offence can be dictated by the state. Trivial offences can be criminalised, this attracting jailtime. So, in a society where there is a gradual decrease in serious crimes against the person or property, the existing framework of Law Enforcement can be kept productive. The last thing a state wants is a well trained and equipped force returned to civilian life.

"creating crime scenes"  - look at he Silk Road case. If you take the DEA out of this case, how serious is it? A website for guys selling a bit of weed and head stuff? Guys been doing that in Europe out of the Netherlands for years. Enter the DEA - and now you have have "nob" (DEA thief) trying to move 1 KILO of coke ( even the SR regulars reckoned this was suspicious and probably LE), funds being STOLEN (by DEA guy), innocent staff being framed by DEA for theft, hitmen being offered (by DEA) -etc.  Things seemed to go to sh*t once the DEA was involved.

Have a look the evidence. All the really bad stuff had the DEA involved everytime.

"creating crime scenes" ??  Maybe not such a far fetched idea after all.  Cool
legendary
Exactly the connections between drug prohibition, prison industrial complex and political corruption in general are so obvious as to be undeniable. In all but 2 states in the US prisoners are not allowed to vote, yet they are counted for purposes of determining the number of representatives a state gets in Congress and from which districts. This is eerily similar to the "three-fifths" laws of slavery times when a slave could not vote but was counted as 3/5 of a person for determining representation in the legislature, so that the slave states would get more members in Congress. Because prisons are usually built in rural, conservative parts of the states while most prisoners come from big cities, this has the effects of getting more Republicans elected to Congress since those ignorant republican backwoods get higher numbers of legislators due to their prisoner populations. There's really nothing conspiratorial about any of this because it was all done out in the open through the political process. There's no secrecy involved, it's all completely public and documented. This is just 1 element within this vast system of oppression, the rabbit hole on this is almost unfathomably convoluted.

Remember that more than 1% of the American adult population is currently incarcerated. This 1% is not a small amount. In many of the senate / house elections, the victory margin is much lower than 1%.
Activity: 239
Merit: 10
These DEA agents aren't even good to themselves, haha Grin Grin always "catching" crime. They are the ones who make crime!
A sad example that shows that power corrupts.

You are not getting it. If the society is crime-free, then these DEA guys will lose their jobs. So it is natural to expect them to create crime scenes, once the crime graph starts to go down.  Grin

I think this is a ridiculous proposition and complete conspiracy theory. The gov don't have to worry about crime rates dropping to the point of 'creating' more crime otherwise the feds/police becoming redundant and unnecessary. There's plenty of crime committed without having to create more to remain employed and relevant not to mention the ridiculous laws that create it in the first place (drug prohibition for example).

You are not getting it. The private prison industry in the United States is a multi-billion dollar business. Reduce the number of convicts, and thousands will lose their jobs. And police departments get more funding, when the crime rates spiral out of control. Everything is interconnected.

It's not a conspiracy theory when it's common knowledge that cops constantly do "sting operations" where they orchestrate the whole thing.
legendary

Most of the poor people are inside the jail for fake charges, such as cannabis possession. There are hundreds of thousands of people who are inside the jails for such fake charges. So tell me why these people are being arrested.
Activity: 448
These DEA agents aren't even good to themselves, haha Grin Grin always "catching" crime. They are the ones who make crime!

You are not getting it. If the society is crime-free, then these DEA guys will lose their jobs. So it is natural to expect them to create crime scenes, once the crime graph starts to go down.  Grin

I think this is a ridiculous proposition and complete conspiracy theory. The gov don't have to worry about crime rates dropping to the point of 'creating' more crime otherwise the feds/police becoming redundant and unnecessary. There's plenty of crime committed without having to create more to remain employed and relevant not to mention the ridiculous laws that create it in the first place (drug prohibition for example).

You are not getting it. The private prison industry in the United States is a multi-billion dollar business. Reduce the number of convicts, and thousands will lose their jobs. And police departments get more funding, when the crime rates spiral out of control. Everything is interconnected.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

A+ for knowledge or information gathering. Most people don't realize that the American prison system is a private for profit industry. The ACLU has fought against the inequities of the privatized prison system for a long time.

Private prison companies, however, essentially admit that their business model depends on locking up more and more people. For example, in a 2010 Annual Report filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) stated: “The demand for our facilities and services could be adversely affected by . . . leniency in conviction or parole standards and sentencing practices . . . .” As incarceration rates skyrocket, the private prison industry expands at exponential rates, holding ever more people in its prisons and jails, and generating massive profits.

And while supporters of private prisons tout the idea that governments can save money through privatization, the evidence that private prisons save taxpayer money is mixed at best – in fact, private prisons may in some instances cost more than governmental ones. Private prisons have also been linked to numerous cases of violence and atrocious conditions.
legendary

Activity: 448

legendary

Pages:
Jump to: