Pages:
Author

Topic: Dead Coins - page 12. (Read 2229 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 100
August 30, 2021, 09:00:04 AM
Do you hold any dead coins?

'Dead Coins refer to cryptocurrencies that have been abandoned, used as scam, their website is down, has no nodes, has wallet issues, doesn't have social updates, has low volume or developers have walked away from the project.'

How should we manage dead coins?

I have it too, dead coins are worst because you can't do anything on it. You can't send it because it has no miners to pick up your transaction.
Well, if you asked about how we should manage it, then i can't give you the right answer.
Maybe the community of the coins should unite and run the coin nodes so the coin won't be dead anymore.
Activity: 661
August 30, 2021, 01:35:48 AM

'Dead Coins refer to cryptocurrencies that have been abandoned, used as scam, their website is down, has no nodes, has wallet issues, doesn't have social updates, has low volume or developers have walked away from the project.'

I have some coins that are not dead, but at least they are so cheap that I will spend more on transaction fees than I get from them if I swap it to another currency. Actually, if they don't bother you, you don't have to do anything with them. On the other hand, if you want to get rid of them, you can either hide them in your wallet or just send them to a burn address, but be careful not to spend too much on transaction fees.
Activity: 616
Merit: 10
August 29, 2021, 07:48:41 PM
to be honest, when i know the cryptocurrencies in around 2015. i almost never get some dead coins. most of my coins (altcoins) can be converted into money. but in around 2-3 years later when there are ERC20 tokens that become hype. my wallet full with dead coins. they were abandoned and didn't listed in any exchange.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 585
August 29, 2021, 06:51:47 PM
I have learned from my mistakes before investing in those low volume altcoins that have never experience to increase their value so definitely, they are now considered dead coins. So i suggest its more profitable to just stay focus in bitcoin. It won't be dead for sure because the demand from its users is growing day by day. And eventually its value will grow more too.
Investing in low volume altcoins will be very risky because their prices are difficult to raise and are not chosen in trading profits, another reason because the projects are unattractive and there is no functionality in their use. It is recommended to choose the top 5 coins in investing and it will be very valuable for long term profit.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575
Do not die for Putin
August 29, 2021, 06:51:43 PM
Do I hold dead coins? You can bet your ass that I hold probably a dozen of those Smiley I do not think that anyone that has been around crypto trying here and there for enough time could answer that question differently. What surprises me is your question about how to manage these. You do not need to manage them, what you need to do is print a list of dead holdings and stick it in a visible place near your cryptoworking place and take a look at it everytime an ICO looks too good to be true.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 132
BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform
August 29, 2021, 06:51:09 PM
Yes, so many dead coins, shitcoins that we found, and have so far, moreover from the bounty. Where there are many projects that are dead, only getting the tokens but cannot be sold. The value is zero and never be in exchange. Or even there is in an exchange, there is no volume and then delisted from the exchange.
 Grin Grin
I think that most of the people are here also experiencing, both getting from free rewards or even from investing in ICO at that past time.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
August 29, 2021, 06:38:24 PM
I'm baghodling a few of these dead tokens. May be for the fun of it because I know some of them can't get up running again. Chief among these dead tokens I hodl is ONZ. I got the token as reward. The token was created almost the same time ONT was too. While ONT made much impact and went ahead to record an ATH of $10+, ONZ struggled within cents before it fizzled away. It was same with Bitcoinwhite which later got renamed to Bitwhite and then to Algar (as if what held it down had anything to do with its name) before it finally vanished. I still don't know why I'm still keeping these tokens' wallets. Perhaps, expecting a miracle?

I took part in a project called Viuly, some years back. The concept was good but the funding became a problem I think. It was to become a crypto-backed version of youtube. They were unable to get the website started and then the project was asking for donations and then abandoned.
I think that's the idea Fortube leveraged on and it's relatively doing well in the market.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 647
August 29, 2021, 06:05:03 PM
Yes i have many dead coins and tokens in my wallet. I can't find their team or any social media.. if i find social media there have no updates. Now i just stoped thinking about them and focus on new coins. Because if i thinking about dead coins then it's totally waste my times.
Learn from that, if the team does not update anymore, that means they had already abandoned the project and most likely they are busy with creating a new coin that they can use to scam people again. it's not new in the market, the fact that the majority of the altcoins are scams, we should learn to accept the losses and move on and find a new potential that could possibly make us profitable one day.
Dead coins have become trash coins already so forget about them. The team might have abandoned it already and have already made profits with it before so probably, they are already into another scam projects. Definitely it will be a waste of time if you still think of it.

I have learned from my mistakes before investing in those low volume altcoins that have never experience to increase their value so definitely, they are now considered dead coins. So i suggest its more profitable to just stay focus in bitcoin. It won't be dead for sure because the demand from its users is growing day by day. And eventually its value will grow more too.

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
For campaign management look for Little Mouse!
August 29, 2021, 05:40:32 PM
Yes i have many dead coins and tokens in my wallet. I can't find their team or any social media.. if i find social media there have no updates. Now i just stoped thinking about them and focus on new coins. Because if i thinking about dead coins then it's totally waste my times.
Learn from that, if the team does not update anymore, that means they had already abandoned the project and most likely they are busy with creating a new coin that they can use to scam people again. it's not new in the market, the fact that the majority of the altcoins are scams, we should learn to accept the losses and move on and find a new potential that could possibly make us profitable one day.
Activity: 175
Merit: 10
ITSMYNE
August 29, 2021, 05:30:35 PM
there is absolutely nothing for you to do with it. if you have enough or free ethereum, you can burn them or destroy them. it depends on you. for me i choose to let them be. my wallets are fill with rubbish projects. about 4 wallets are filled with nonsense tokens. i have no choice than to allow them all. also the wave of scam coins is hitting bsc. some are scam looking for people to intract their smart contact address.
Activity: 938
Merit: 11
August 29, 2021, 05:10:57 PM
Activity: 643
Merit: 1
August 29, 2021, 03:46:29 PM
I have a large number of dead coins in my wallets, which I obtained from bounty programs, airdrops, and participation in IDO, IEO, and exchanges. A limited amount of dead tokens are a common occurrence in any operating wallet. I previously attempted to send dead coins from my wallet, but once the Ethereum network raised gas rates, all dead money remained dead and collaborated with my wallet, which is nasty.
Activity: 1380
Merit: 1
August 29, 2021, 02:45:23 PM
Actually i have joined many bounty campaigns for this reason i get some real cons as well as some fake or dead cons. I didn't see what are the condition of the dead coins. Those who are fake they also called dead coins.
Activity: 396
Merit: 106
August 29, 2021, 01:05:39 PM
I have so many dead coins to forget about their name and how did I get it. I can at least remember some because they have a proper chain with wallet clients but the rest are ERC20 tokens or such. They're dead because it's just how it was: lazy attempt.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 104
August 29, 2021, 12:52:38 PM
Nothing we can do these dead coins.I have many dead coins over 20+ shit coin.I have very bad experience from it. Cz no way to sell dead coin, there is no volume .I will just ignore these shit coin.I have created a new address for bounty and airdrop campaign.
Activity: 1022
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
August 29, 2021, 12:34:32 PM
Even I have so many dead coins added in CMC but volume is so low . What can do with that. Just leave them alone and go ahead 😂  I have many coins showed huge $amount but they are dead unfortunately
Activity: 811
Merit: 250
August 29, 2021, 11:41:46 AM
in my wallet there are a lot of dead coins and some of them are very low priced coins and all of them are the result of following several bounty projects since 2017, to deal with coins that are dead or very low in price you just have to forget and move on keep up with other recent bounty projects
In addition to just forgetting it, everyone can also use the dead coin for transaction gas fees which still have a very low value, because dead coins will never experience a price spike or value and even have the potential to lose value in the future.
Activity: 885
Merit: 112
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
August 29, 2021, 11:31:52 AM
yup, i have lots of dead coins, among of them scam, team are inactive and there are no worth/value in the market.
and many coins are not hits any exchange yet, their team leave those projects, most of the bounty huntters have own dead coins.
Activity: 476
Merit: 11
August 29, 2021, 11:23:53 AM
I think all of us who are coin hunters, there will definitely be a dead coin (sitcoin) because we have participated in several failed projects or scammers, but for me personally, let the coin stay in my wallet at least it will become a coin  memories, who knows one day the dead coins will be useful again, bro, hopefully.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 713
Nothing lasts forever
August 29, 2021, 10:38:14 AM

Yes I do have some dead coins. I have some 0.005 EDO (eidoo) which was converted to PNT few years ago.
I had these coins on binance and completely forgot about it and now there's no option to convert it to PNT.
I also have a few tokens in my ether wallet which I received from unknown airdrops and those are worthless.

What do you do with dead coins ?
Just forget about it. There's nothing you can do about it. Let it be a showcase in your wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: