Pages:
Author

Topic: Deception & Misdirection by ZEC co. Forking ASIC Resistance Bitmain Antminer Z9 - page 13. (Read 4620 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 2
I would like to know what makes asics better at securing the network than gpu's?   
Also some idiot saying that gpu miners jump ship if another coins is more profitable...So do asic miners. You only have to look at BTC and BCH if one is more profitable than the other to mine they simply switch their asics to that coin.

We all saw the posts when zec first started .. making promises at being asic resistant....in order to be resistant you have to actually resist. its so easy to say your resistant when there is nothing to resist against.

I would like to see the 20% paid by the miners put to some good use and use the 20% to pay the devs  for their time to fork away from asics and actually keep their word.

Everything the OP has stated is true and in my opinion if they dont fork away from asics they should be held liable for their lies and deceit. They are no better than Bitconnect it my eyes.

+1  Huh
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Yeah, it is a pretty lousy situation. ZEC has been my preferred coin for the past year. Sold most of it and moved my miners to Raven. Seems like a shitcoin with a future. I don't really see any downsides to it.

I picked up a z9 just to try it out. It will run simply to mine and sell. No hodling. Once it becomes unprofitable to run into the recycle bin it goes.

At first I though you all were being dramatic but the more I read the more I agree with the general consensus of this group.

Activity: 324
Merit: 250
I would like to know what makes asics better at securing the network than gpu's?   
Also some idiot saying that gpu miners jump ship if another coins is more profitable...So do asic miners. You only have to look at BTC and BCH if one is more profitable than the other to mine they simply switch their asics to that coin.

We all saw the posts when zec first started .. making promises at being asic resistant....in order to be resistant you have to actually resist. its so easy to say your resistant when there is nothing to resist against.

I would like to see the 20% paid by the miners put to some good use and use the 20% to pay the devs  for their time to fork away from asics and actually keep their word.

Everything the OP has stated is true and in my opinion if they dont fork away from asics they should be held liable for their lies and deceit. They are no better than Bitconnect it my eyes.

First thing that comes to mind is that when you're a GPU PoW coin, its possible to develop an asic in secret and basically take over the network without anyone knowing.

If you're already on asics (fastest tech available atm), you're not vulnerable to stuff like that.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Activity: 168
Merit: 104
This subject needs to remain on top. As a warning to greedy devs.

Cool  tried my best to show people their true colors...

i had been mining ZEC religiously since testnet...  even if it was not the most profitable crypto to mine with my nvidia cards, i kept them on zec...

and all that time zooko disliked us GPU miners because we can just change networks to the more profitable chain...

well even if ZEC is more profitable (which it is not)... I wont be mining it again...
Activity: 75
This subject needs to remain on top. As a warning to greedy devs.
Activity: 75
Why don't these devs realise that not only gpu miners are the first users of their coin but they are also their biggest user base at any time. They are all underestimating role of gpu miners which far outnumbers the ASIC miners. They are over confident in their coin's tehnological edge but it doesn't matter if something has space age technology if nobody uses it. New and technologically advance coins will keep on arriving in future but the coin which betrays its community will turn to dust. We miners will just ignore, go over their dead body and move on.
 This action is a nail in Zcash's coffin.

Very very nice comment.
Activity: 46
I hope Bitmain will do at least 1 pump, then I get rid of my last 199 Zcash  Grin

Since last Monday over to Monero, after more then a year of all my rigs on Zcash.
I know, you can expect a lot in Crypto, but this ? 

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
Zooko is getting his 20% of every mined block so he doesnt really need to care about who and how is mining it,this is one of concerns about centralised coin like zec Undecided And he probably  gets extra few % on top of that from bitmain for not doing anything about asics

The 20% thing always bugged me from day one with Zcash. For one why did they need it all in the first 4 years and not just do the 10% over the life of the coin? Who is going to fund development after the first 4 years? 

I let such questions go early on, but now with this attitude they are taking of embracing ASICs after launching the coin as ASIC resistant as one of the core features really has me doubting their long term commitment to the project. How long after the 4 years worth of dev payments stop does Zooko and his crew move on to a new coin as Zcash is no longer the viable platform they hoped it would be.

New coins are a dime a dozen, and realistically the features they claim that makes them unique are often superficial at best. There are probably only a handful of coins that are truly unique, and even of those, other coins could copy many of those features with ease. The only thing left is the community that stands behind it, and when you start alienating a large percentage of that user base you no longer even have that. 
Activity: 13
I'm glad I only have $3.00 left of ZEC. Typical big business taking away from those that brought the co up and made it something.
Activity: 102
Probably heard about the Z9 and said, "wait a second, we could make a killing mining our own coin with those new ASICs." *ahem* "We never had plans to make equihash ASIC resistant." *ahem*
Activity: 854
Merit: 277
liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !
I'd rather see the coin staying ASIC resistant in the future, but I understand if it takes time to make sure that changing the POW algorithm doesn't break other services that are already dependent on the Zcash network.

don't be so dumb, the algo doesn't change anything about the chain... all those so called service can work with pos coin... you are sooo noob. do some research.

Why don't these devs realise that not only gpu miners are the first users of their coin but they are also their biggest user base at any time.

the coin which betrays its community will turn to dust. We miners will just ignore, go over their dead body and move on.

the miner dumpers don't care, as long as suckers pay for it and it is profitable for them they will continue to dump it... until it isnt Smiley. but those who hodl zec? I mean... they are such risk takers (I hope they love bags too Cheesy).

and the devs don't give a f now... they have the lambos and bimbos... look at what dash did... they even seeked asics.
Activity: 72
Merit: 11
I'd rather see the coin staying ASIC resistant in the future, but I understand if it takes time to make sure that changing the POW algorithm doesn't break other services that are already dependent on the Zcash network.
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
Why don't these devs realise that not only gpu miners are the first users of their coin but they are also their biggest user base at any time. They are all underestimating role of gpu miners which far outnumbers the ASIC miners. They are over confident in their coin's tehnological edge but it doesn't matter if something has space age technology if nobody uses it. New and technologically advance coins will keep on arriving in future but the coin which betrays its community will turn to dust. We miners will just ignore, go over their dead body and move on.
Zooko is getting his 20% of every mined block so he doesnt really need to care about who and how is mining it,this is one of concerns about centralised coin like zec Undecided And he probably  gets extra few % on top of that from bitmain for not doing anything about asics

yeah he doesn't care, except when he can get double founders rewards by making 2 ZEC chains... then sure... then he can fork a GPU minable chain and support both the GPU and ASIC minable chains... and I bet he would do it with godspeed...

no double founders reward?  then he doesn't even know if its possible to fork to a GPU only chain...  

funny how he can say its a possibility to have a new GPU chain, and then right after reply to my twitter saying the problem is he doesnt know how the ASICs work (and therefore cant produce a GPU only fork)

the good news is that it already lost almost $100m of marketcap (from 1.05 to 0.93)... who will be left holding the bags of this shitcoin? that is the real question Smiley and what you say is so true...

Cheesy
Zooko is getting his 20% of every mined block so he doesnt really need to care about who and how is mining it,this is one of concerns about centralised coin like zec Undecided And he probably  gets extra few % on top of that from bitmain for not doing anything about asics

yeah he doesn't care, except when he can get double founders rewards by making 2 ZEC chains... then sure... then he can fork a GPU minable chain and support both the GPU and ASIC minable chains... and I bet he would do it with godspeed...

no double founders reward?  then he doesn't even know if its possible to fork to a GPU only chain...  

funny how he can say its a possibility to have a new GPU chain, and then right after reply to my twitter saying the problem is he doesnt know how the ASICs work (and therefore cant produce a GPU only fork)

zokoo is fucking liberal, like dorsey, i am sure he voted hillary.

well he sure as hell won't be making bitcoin great again (or crypto)
When devs needs hashrate they are the best friend of small miners, garage miners, medium miners, but when the coin reaches a great volume of money, they forgot all and don't care about community

My thoughts exactly. I am truly disappointed with the tactlessness "Zooko" and the ZEC team handled this. I have always viewed and supported ZCash as a reliable and honest coin but after this BS? No thanks. Dumping ALL my mined ZEC and moving on to better privacy-based coins like Monero (at least they care about their community).

zokoo is fucking liberal, like dorsey, i am sure he voted hillary.
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
Zooko is getting his 20% of every mined block so he doesnt really need to care about who and how is mining it,this is one of concerns about centralised coin like zec Undecided And he probably  gets extra few % on top of that from bitmain for not doing anything about asics
Activity: 44
Merit: 2
BTW you generally dont want ACIS from one company to control all your hash rate

Especially for a privacy coin.

Everything you do is private until the corporation that controls the network decides otherwise? Wtf.
cryptomined  ignore fanatic26  he doesn't appear to be the real fanatic from a while back, I honestly think hes a paid troll from some place trying to piss us off and wants everything ASIC when both GPUs and ASIC can exist to gather ..
yes, already put him on ignore Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: