Pages:
Author

Topic: Deception & Misdirection by ZEC co. Forking ASIC Resistance Bitmain Antminer Z9 - page 9. (Read 4583 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
loooooooooooooooool.   Tilt.

LOL... This guy actually believes I'm tilting...  Really?  I'm a professional gambler as well.  I don't tilt.  However, I do know a rookie when I see one.  I also know a "shill" when I see one.
Activity: 269
Merit: 101
loooooooooooooooool.   Tilt.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
lol.

is this another newbie with no clue?

Is this another BITMAIN shill?

Is this the best you can do is, "lol?"

Go back and read my posts since 2014.  You'll see that I was once an ASIC Miner.  I was an avid supporter of Bitmain and defended them all the time by those who would speak ill of them.  Then after a couple of years, I woke up (Took the RED PILL).

I had 42 x BITMAIN S7's mining at my house just before I sold them February, 2016 and began GPU mining.  I have EXPERIENCE with ASIC's and have seen their plague on the community since the S1.  I too had S1, S3, S4, S5, S7, and Spondoolies SP-20's.  I'm not going to bother explaining AGAIN how ASIC's are not the best way to operate and secure a PoW Blockchain.  Especially, where corrupt centralized governments are involved.  I know this through EXPERIENCE.  Unlike many newbies in here who are played as fools by BITMAIN and its ASIC's just as I once was.  Enjoy you bliss in your ignorance while it lasts.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Activity: 168
Merit: 104
This is how ASICs make networks more secure (from huobi.pro):

Announcement on the Suspension of BTG deposits

Dear users,

Due to blockchain network instability of BTG,Huobi Pro has suspended BTG deposits. We apologize for the incovenience that this may cause. Thank you for your understanding.

Huobi Pro

May 19, 2018

Note that we can expect this same attack to cause problems on all equihash chains now, especially BTG, Zen, ZClassic, Bitcoin Private, Komodo, & Hush.  All of the smaller cap coins are at risk of being devastated...  and again, even zec might be at risk, though the chances of bitmain biting off the hand that feeds is less than them attacking the smaller cap coins
Thanks, doesn't matter too much to me though since I rarely used the forum for the last year.  eitherway Smiley  removing the 6 month suspension would show good will on their part though... and would make them look less guilty

it is funny shawn got so angry after that video... yet he never stated WHY HE CHANGED THE POST.

so my words stand, I will not remove the video or post any kind of retraction.  I do consider him an employee of ZEC co... unpaid directly ... fine... but still an employee and representative of the company on their company forum.  if shawn really felt that his posts were not a reflection of ZEC co... he would not have edited it.

Hi CryptoMined,

Sure, I was happy to try, Sir.

I agree, it would show good will on their part.  Something tells me they won't lift the ban and leave it for 6 months.

I consider Shawn an employee as well.  You're right, he would not have edited his posts if he was not actually a representative of ZEC co.

I'm honestly beginning to have doubts ZEC will fork off ASIC; at least in time enough to avoid doing a lot of harm to GPU miners.  It won't be long before we may be forced to mine other Privacy coins that actually forked when others did not.

I will have absolutely NOTHING to do with those coins that do not fork off ASIC.  N O T H I N G !!!  No trading or mining of that coin.  I hope a large number of GPU Miners will do the same.

I'm about to head to bed.  It's currently 10:07am and I've been awake since 3:00pm yesterday (19 hours).

Happy Mining, Sir.

cool Smiley its all good, thanks for trying Smiley

have a goodnight

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Thanks, doesn't matter too much to me though since I rarely used the forum for the last year.  eitherway Smiley  removing the 6 month suspension would show good will on their part though... and would make them look less guilty

it is funny shawn got so angry after that video... yet he never stated WHY HE CHANGED THE POST.

so my words stand, I will not remove the video or post any kind of retraction.  I do consider him an employee of ZEC co... unpaid directly ... fine... but still an employee and representative of the company on their company forum.  if shawn really felt that his posts were not a reflection of ZEC co... he would not have edited it.

Hi CryptoMined,

Sure, I was happy to try, Sir.

I agree, it would show good will on their part.  Something tells me they won't lift the ban and leave it for 6 months.

I consider Shawn an employee as well.  You're right, he would not have edited his posts if he was not actually a representative of ZEC co.

I'm honestly beginning to have doubts ZEC will fork off ASIC; at least in time enough to avoid doing a lot of harm to GPU miners.  It won't be long before we may be forced to mine other Privacy coins that actually forked when others did not.

I will have absolutely NOTHING to do with those coins that do not fork off ASIC.  N O T H I N G !!!  No trading or mining of that coin.  I hope a large number of GPU Miners will do the same.

I'm about to head to bed.  It's currently 10:07am and I've been awake since 3:00pm yesterday (19 hours).

Happy Mining, Sir.
Activity: 123
Merit: 10

Prove it was done with GPU's

The educated guess would point to ASIC's being used, as it is commonly discussed that this exact attack is the primary risk of ASIC's towards small cap coins...
However when one entity currently controls over 50% of the zec network, it is also a risk to zec... and it was zooko that took the educated guess that bitmain has over 50% of network hashrate now.

I agree sense china steals from the US any time they can who to say the CEO doesn't do some shandy shit with butmian there not heard account able for anything they do, so why not i bet is how they see it  and trumps giving china a pass with ZTE makes "China Great again" is new the buzzword.. so trump  can pad his Picket with 5 billion and who knows how much more ..

cryptomined you were right two year ago about the trump reality show and china is taking advantage of it any they can including with who controls the cryptosystem.

I'm willing to bet the CEO of butmain has to ask china's President to do some stuff to the US and the world or China has a lot of say in what butmain does .

This is a major risk with allowing a chinese company to control the hashrate of any POW coin... bitmain and other chinese ASIC manufactuers can easily be controlled by the chinese government... and that is not a nice thought.  (since i live in china i can speak from being on the ground here)

Some times you don't need proof that's how obvious it is . sigh .From what I see in Documentary's on TV, YouTube and read about, i thought the Chinese government controlled all the big crops in china .

So show us the proof this was done with ASICs.

Prove it was done with GPU's

The educated guess would point to ASIC's being used, as it is commonly discussed that this exact attack is the primary risk of ASIC's towards small cap coins...
However when one entity currently controls over 50% of the zec network, it is also a risk to zec... and it was zooko that took the educated guess that bitmain has over 50% of network hashrate now.

I agree sense china steals from the US any time they can who to say the CEO doesn't do some shandy shit with butmian there not heard account able for anything they do, so why not i bet is how they see it  and trumps giving china a pass with ZTE makes "China Great again" is new the buzzword.. so trump  can pad his Picket with 5 billion and who knows how much more ..

cryptomined you were right two year ago about the trump reality show and china is taking advantage of it any they can including with who controls the cryptosystem.

I'm willing to bet the CEO of butmain has to ask china's President to do some stuff to the US and the world or China has a lot of say in what butmain does .

This is a major risk with allowing a chinese company to control the hashrate of any POW coin... bitmain and other chinese ASIC manufactuers can easily be controlled by the chinese government... and that is not a nice thought.  (since i live in china i can speak from being on the ground here)
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
ASICs definitely secure networks better...
must have been GPU miners doing the 51% attack on BTG today...
Jihad Wu would never do anything like that... no .. never...  he wouldn't dare test this kind of attack out on smaller cap coins...

zooko was right, ASIC miners can be trusted more than GPU miners...  he was right, no problem letting bitmain take over your network....

https://twitter.com/bitcoingold/status/997544334508548096
https://forum.bitcoingold.org/t/double-spend-attack-on-exchanges/1362/17

I agree sense china steals from the US any time they can who to say the CEO doesn't do some shandy shit with butmian there not held account able for anything they do, so why not,is hows they see it and trumps giving china a pass with ZTE makes "China Great again" is the new buzzword.. trump is pading his Picket with 5 billion from ZTE , who knows how much more.

cryptomined you were right two year ago about the trump reality show and china is taking advantage of it any way they can including with who controls the cryptosystem.

Activity: 64
Merit: 0
Jihad Wu would never do anything like that... no .. never...  he wouldn't dare test this kind of attack out on smaller cap coins...

zooko was right, ASIC miners can be trusted more than GPU miners...  he was right, no problem letting bitmain take over your network....

https://s31.postimg.cc/4zxytklnv/btgdoublespend.png

So show us the proof this was done with ASICs.

Crickets chirping...
Activity: 64
You guys are blinded by your own greed and it is hilarious. The only reason you want it to stay GPU is because you dont want to spend money upgrade equipment.

ASICs are a good thing. They strengthen the network ten fold over GPU hashrate. They are cheaper to buy and run than a GPU mining rig.

You guys talking about how you supported the project by mining it are so full of crap. You mined it to make a profit, you dont care about the direction of the coin until it isnt making enough money for you.

You talk about how BTCP, BTG and BitcoinZ are forking away from it. Who cares? They are shitcoins cloned off of other peoples hard work. Zcash actually brought something original to the table, being the first coin to incorporate zk-Snarks and its zero knowledge proof.

Also this crazy idea that miners were "used" to build the hashrate to be good enough for an ASIC? What kind of idiocy is this? Go look up Bytom.....a coin that was unminable until the ASIC came out from bitmain that was developed in concert with the Bytom team.

I mean how have you been taken advantage of? You mined coins and got paid right? You chose to do that, you profited from it, now you are crying about it. The hypocrisy is undeniable.

These wild conspiracy theories should be scrubbed from this forum before some poor fool reads it and believes all of this garbage.

Thanks for being the voice of reason.   GPU miners just want the coin manipulated to serve them.   WAIT!  I thought we needed crypto to take away power from the manipulative banking system.  Freaking hilariously hypocritical. 
Would have taken only 5000 odd Z9s to do this. This may end in a war which destroys confidence in smaller coins which decided to fork, which probably was the objective.

you mean All equihash coins if they decide to fork as even zooko has now admitted that bitmain probably has had over 50% of the zcash network hashrate for months now, maybe up to 6 months... from his interview with coindesk at consensus
Activity: 48
I knew this would happen, reason why I never invested on any equihash coin, there is nothing amazing or brilliant about zec, monero is in many ways better, the only thing i don't like about monero is the high transaction fees ...
Activity: 529
Merit: 29

Would have taken only 5000 odd Z9s to do this. This may end in a war which destroys confidence in smaller coins which decided to fork, which probably was the objective.

Activity: 756
Merit: 560
cryptomined  ignore fanatic26  he doesn't appear to be the real fanatic from a while back, I honestly think hes a paid troll from some place trying to piss us off and wants everything ASIC when both GPUs and ASIC can exist to gather ..

Oh hell I didnt see this

bwaahahahahahahhahahahahahah

Im as real as it gets and nobody is paying me for shit.

Also you really dont listen to my point. I have never once said GPUs dont have their place. There are hundreds of shitcoins to play with on the GPUs. My whole point is that ASICs are not the devil people make them out to be on this forum, they are the natural progression of a coin once it reaches a certain level. I actually work with GPU mining OS developers on a daily basis, I am not anti GPU at all. I am just not a blind acolyte of the GPU lovers.

You can call me anything you want, but a paid shill? No fucking way. Go look at the last few years of logs, and see that the IP range I log in from 99% of the time has changed once, and thats when I moved from one datacenter to my newer, larger one.

Calling me a shill because im pointing out that most of you dont know your ass from a hole in the ground is beyond silly.
Hi CryptoMined,

Daira, is looking into it tomorrow.  It's currently 1:50am for her now.

so my words stand, I will not remove the video or post any kind of retraction.  I do consider him an employee of ZEC co... unpaid directly ... fine... but still an employee and representative of the company on their company forum.  if shawn really felt that his posts were not a reflection of ZEC co... he would not have edited it.
Pages:
Jump to: