Pages:
Author

Topic: Deception & Misdirection by ZEC co. Forking ASIC Resistance Bitmain Antminer Z9 - page 8. (Read 4583 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 104

I'm not the one advocating that 51% attacks are a problem.   I don't care who has the hashing power or how it is used.  It's just natural selection.   Some coins will be killed.   That's good.  Do we really need more than a handful of cryptos?  Just let the free, open market sort everything out.  Fighting the ASICs only DECREASES the chance of more competition eventually emerging.   It's a short-term gain, long-term loss fool's errand.

I see a future with official government cryptos that operate on a universal network to allow cheap and easy but accountable transactions worldwide, excluding craphole, poorly governed countries that refuse to participate.  That's why a handful of old school cryptos will explode after the coming crypto winter.

Once crypto is backed by GDP, it will be universally accepted and useable because it will be stable.

Speaking of which, you should applaud Bitmain for backing Circle/USD Coin.   That's definitely a step in the right direction.

you see a future that is centralized... controlled, pegged...

bitmain backed circle usd coin as a bribe so they could bulid mining farms in the states.  this was done for their best interests, not ours... they never have our best interests at heart.

the whole idea of crypto was supposed to get us away from centralization... away from politicians and governments that can be bribed... away from corruption...

when corrupt companies can do things the rest of the public can not - that is not an open market

if crypto is too volatile for you, stick to the USD.  crypto doesn't need you.  if you prefer centralized corrupt currencies... you already have them and you can want more... but don't tell us what we want... we know what we want.

as for natural selection... medicine is also a part of natural selection and ProgPOW is the medicine that POW crypto's need
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
These newbies not only act as though they are mining experts but also act as if they are economic and financial experts.  lol

That "official government cryptos" line seems familiar, I think I read it several times today.

It's like they get discussion points sent out in a newsletter or something.

You wouldn't like a crypto similar to the speed and ease of use of something like NANO or IOTA that was backed by the US government's GDP and pegged to the dollar?  Every ATM would be able to instantly switch between fiat and crypto and instantly update all account information.

It would probably require hardware acceleration like HPB to keep the TPS high enough, and it would definitely need 0Conf for small purchases and confirmations under 30 seconds for larger ones, but all that is definitely possible.

Everything is just way too volatile as things stand now for mass adoption.

I'm not the advocating that 51% attacks are a problem.   I don't care who has the having power.  It's just natural selection.   Some coins will be killed.   That's good.  Do we really need more than a handful of cryptos?  Just let the free open market sort everything out.  Fighting the ASICs only DECREASES the chance of more competition eventually emerging.   It's a short term gain long term loss fool's errand.

I see a future with official government cryptos that operate on a universal network to allow cheap and easy but accountable transactions worldwide, excluding craphole, poorly governed countries that refuse to participate.  That's why a handful of old school cryptos will explode after the coming crypto winter.

Once crypto is backed by GDP, it will be universally accepted and useable because it will be stable.

Speaking of which, you should applaud Bitmain for backing Circle/USD Coin.   That's definitely a step in the right direction.

Well you just have it all figured out don't you.  lol

Notice how these new user accounts come on to shill for BITMAIN with their worthless two cents?  What was said there is so laughable, I'm not even going to try to give a proper response. It would be a waste of my valuable time.

These newbies not only act as though they are mining experts but also act as if they are economic and financial experts.  lol

The spelling and all is terrible.  Are you Chinese?  Do you work for Bitmain?

You've obviously never tried using this forum on mobile while running on a treadmill.  It's darn difficult to see what the heck you are typing or if the auto-correct in Swiftkey has chosen the wrong words.  They really need to make this site more friendly to mobile.

I'd like to see your arguments against GDP backed cryptos, thinning the crypto market and the USD Coin.  Too bad your ethnocentric viewpoints have taken over your judgement.  Ohio native BTW.  I joined this forum for info on the FPGAs I'm migrating to, and I'd wager I have as much or more experience in crypto than most people here.  If you'd like to discuss things civilly, I'd be up for it.
Activity: 44
Merit: 2

That "official government cryptos" line seems familiar, I think I read it several times today.

It's like they get discussion points sent out in a newsletter or something.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
I'm not the advocating that 51% attacks are a problem.   I don't care who has the having power.  It's just natural selection.   Some coins will be killed.   That's good.  Do we really need more than a handful of cryptos?  Just let the free open market sort everything out.  Fighting the ASICs only DECREASES the chance of more competition eventually emerging.   It's a short term gain long term loss fool's errand.

Well you just have it all figured out don't you.  lol

Notice how these new user accounts come on to shill for BITMAIN with their worthless two cents?  What was said there is so laughable, I'm not even going to try to give a proper response. It would be a waste of my valuable time.

The spelling and all is terrible.  Are you Chinese?  Do you work for Bitmain?

So show us the proof this was done with ASICs.

Prove it was done with GPU's

The educated guess would point to ASIC's being used, as it is commonly discussed that this exact attack is the primary risk of ASIC's towards small cap coins...
However when one entity currently controls over 50% of the zec network, it is also a risk to zec... and it was zooko that took the educated guess that bitmain has over 50% of network hashrate now.

I agree sense china steals from the US any time they can who to say the CEO doesn't do some shandy shit with butmian there not heard account able for anything they do, so why not i bet is how they see it  and trumps giving china a pass with ZTE makes "China Great again" is new the buzzword.. so trump  can pad his Picket with 5 billion and who knows how much more ..

cryptomined you were right two year ago about the trump reality show and china is taking advantage of it any they can including with who controls the cryptosystem.

I'm willing to bet the CEO of butmain has to ask china's President to do some stuff to the US and the world or China has a lot of say in what butmain does .

This is a major risk with allowing a chinese company to control the hashrate of any POW coin... bitmain and other chinese ASIC manufactuers can easily be controlled by the chinese government... and that is not a nice thought.  (since i live in china i can speak from being on the ground here)

I'm not the one advocating that 51% attacks are a problem.   I don't care who has the hashing power or how it is used.  It's just natural selection.   Some coins will be killed.   That's good.  Do we really need more than a handful of cryptos?  Just let the free, open market sort everything out.  Fighting the ASICs only DECREASES the chance of more competition eventually emerging.   It's a short-term gain, long-term loss fool's errand.

Activity: 32
IMHO..
I mine for profit (or hoping to be profit)
The fact is not clear at the moment zcash standpoint to asic. I read somewhere (..sorry forgot the link) the decission or the official vote will be in June.
But, again IMO its not going to be asic resist ( or at least it will not be implemented within 1-2 month, enough time for asic to run and get ROI, and maybe profit)

as no asic is delivered for equihash yet
if you felt betrayed, left zcash
if you mine for profit with gpu, wait a bit till the price suitable for you, than left zcash
 in time when asic is up and running and zcash not implemented asic resistance
if you still have your gpu, mine if its still profitable if not left
if you asic is up and running, beware of the second batch/wave of asic equihash
  in time when asic is up and running and zcash already implemented asic resistance
if you have asic, go to other coin if possible
if you still have gpu, try if it still profitable..if not left zcash

z9mini is not the only asic in this equihash, there is also ASICminer Equihash 40,000 Sol/s https://asicminer.co/shop/asicminer-equihash
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
as long as he has a pact/agreement with bitmain, i dont see him doing anything cause bitmain can always pump zcash as per the agreement and all will be well. The right thing to do is boycott zcash as a whole and let bitmain to have 100% of all zec coins and whoever buys zec at whatever price bitmain pumped to is a fool/idiot. Sell all your zec coins and let bitmain pump it to 1k, dump to $100 then pump to $1k and so on. Bitmain has done it twice already and you trolls never saw it cause you never said anything hehe
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I started a new topic for you, CryptoMined...

Here's the link to it:  https://forum.z.cash/t/prog-proof-of-work-as-potential-solution-for-asic-resistance/29101

If there is ANYTHING you want me to add to that thread I created, shoot me a PM and let me know then consider it done.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
So whats the current status with zec about forking still a no go or remain to be seen?Also glad that there are people outthere calling out zooko out about promised asic resistance and him talking how asics are a good thing...

From what I gather, the ZEC developers are punting the issue to focus on other updates that were already planned. The may look into doing something toward the end of the year, but that's too little too late as far as I am concerned (if they do anything at all).

Yes, I agree for the most part in regards to "too little too late."  Hard to say for certain but odds are, you're probably correct.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
So whats the current status with zec about forking still a no go or remain to be seen?Also glad that there are people outthere calling out zooko out about promised asic resistance and him talking how asics are a good thing...

From what I gather, the ZEC developers are punting the issue to focus on other updates that were already planned. The may look into doing something toward the end of the year, but that's too little too late as far as I am concerned (if they do anything at all).
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Remains to be seen in my opinion with Zooko still actively marketing two chains (ASIC/GPU) to benefit his own economic interest with double dev fees.  I posted a link into the thread he marketed two chains in previous post.  His post is number 32 in that thread which I commented.
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
Activity: 269
Merit: 101
dude still crying.

just unreal
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
You're not adding any value/content to the thread.
@dmwardjr  please, dftt

Another "ignored" newbie who thinks people actually give a damn about their opinion of someone else.
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
loooooooooooooooool.   Tilt.

LOL... This guy actually believes I'm tilting...  Really?  I'm a professional gambler as well.  I don't tilt.  However, I do know a rookie when I see one.

Of course you are.  Roll Eyes

Another shill who can't debate who would rather act like a child in elementary school.  Not worth my time and effort.  "Ignored."

Well you're running around crying like an irc script kiddie from 1994.

Get your shit together.  Roll Eyes

You're not adding any value/content to the thread.
@dmwardjr  please, dftt

LOL... This guy actually believes I'm tilting...  Really?  I'm a professional gambler as well.  I don't tilt.  However, I do know a rookie when I see one.

Another shill who can't debate who would rather act like a child in elementary school.  Not worth my time and effort.  "Ignored."

Well you're running around crying like an irc script kiddie from 1994.

Get your shit together.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Pages:
Jump to: