Pages:
Author

Topic: Deception & Misdirection by ZEC co. Forking ASIC Resistance Bitmain Antminer Z9 - page 7. (Read 4583 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
ZEN, ZEN, ZEN, ZEN, ZEN, ZEN, ZEN, ZEN, ZEN, ZEN, ZEN, ZEN, ZEN, ZEN. etc....

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annzen-horizen-unbounded-by-design-2047435

Got it.  Thanks.  Wasn't sure where you were going.

Sure....    Grin
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Most who KNOW me, know I've been in the space for a while and have had a LOT of experience with BITMAIN.  My LAST round of ASIC's I bought from them was 42 x Bitmain S7's in late 2015.  All of which I sold in February 2016 and never looked back.  I USED to be the one to DEFEND them when they were attacked by others and I believe many KNOW this.  THEN I TOOK THE RED PILL AND WOKE UP in February, 2016!!!  I did a LOT of research and weighing pros and cons of GPU versus ASIC.  ASIC would be fine "IF" {and it's a big if} the manufacturing of ASIC's were not CENTRALIZED, if governments did not pose a risk of banning ASIC's when they are shipped into their country, [GPU's are not so easily banned; as they have multiple purposes], and manufacturers pulling shenanigans in regards to better hardware while selling the scraps to unwary greedy driven miners trying to make a buck while being oblivious to the true "end" of what Bitmain works towards.[/color]  Which is lining their own pockets at the expense of unwary individuals who are being seriously taken advantage of.

Okay.  Then what?  Where do we go from here?  What's the point of trying to get the Zcash team to do the right thing?  There are other options.  Leave Zcash behind.

Zcash is currently the leader of Equihash coins in hash rate and exchange price.  It's TIME to bring GPU miners over to a REAL coin with the advantages of DASH and ZEC combined.  Know what coin that is?

I'm DONE trying to get Zcash to do the right thing.  That's not my agenda.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
The key word being "potential."  Plus just changing Equihash parameters may not disable the Z9.

For someone who supposedly uses English so well and has so much experience in mining, you sure are an ignorant, racist DA.

What a joke!  No wonder you call yourself Clown.

ANOTHER NEW account, "Newbie" shilling for BITMAIN with NO "support" for their side of an argument.  The only strategy they have is "name call."

A real winner here guys.  ROFL...   Grin
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
It will be sweet when they decide forking is a losing battle.

Another "NEW" account shilling.  Having fun, BITMAIN?  I suspect not....

Can anyone pls comment on official ZEN statement on ASICs and changing algo to ASICs resistant, but in a short quick way.
whats the TLDR version?

Thanks.
Potential Equihash Algorithm Change Preparation

Modifying ZenCash to use Equihash-144-5 is doable, and the software development team has started identifying the specific work that would need to be done in order to create and test this change. It would be a Hard Fork change, and for optimal success of the Hard Fork, it would be best to implement such a proposed change as quickly as reasonably possible before too many ASIC miners take over the hashrate of ZenCash.

https://blog.zencash.com/zencash-statement-on-potential-equihash-algorithm-change/?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=social&utm_content=mining&utm_campaign=re+bitmain

https://i.imgur.com/Aj94Ray.png

GPUs are WAY more available to get then ASICs. To say GPUs are currently hard to get is incorrect. Sure there was a month or 2 when they were overpriced, that was due to the high demand when they had a ROI of 90 days.

Even then you could still buy a smaller graphics card, they were not ALL sold out. The 1070/1080 TIs were the hard ones to get, other models were more available.

What advantage would we have if everyone moved to ASICs? It would just raise the current bar for everyone, reduce us to one supplier of hardware, and starts a arms race. Atleast with GPUs we are all on a level playing field without having to worry someone will have a GPU that does x100 the hashrate for 1/10th the power. All the hardware is relatively close to each other in terms of performance, keeping the difficulty from ramping up x10-x100.

ASICs dont save power, they dont make the network more secure, they are limited in availability, only have 3 to 6 month warrantys, run loud and hot, manufacturers keep a large number of the them for themselves and keep secret other rigs that are far better then sell them as new later while replacing them with new hardware, etc...

This is suppose to be a ASIC resistant coin, why dont you ASIC people go mine other ASIC coins available. Ohhhh ya thats right, you cant make your money back off them ASIC coins anymore because of the difficulty have ramped up so much. So you want to come and ruin Zcash’s difficulty with ASICs to make a quick buck and act like its the future of mining.  I'm HERE to tell you, that QUICK buck is an ILLUSION.

Most who KNOW me, know I've been in the space for a while and have had a LOT of experience with BITMAIN.  My LAST round of ASIC's I bought from them was 42 x Bitmain S7's in late 2015.  All of which I sold in February 2016 and never looked back.  I USED to be the one to DEFEND them when they were attacked by others and I believe many KNOW this.  THEN I TOOK THE RED PILL AND WOKE UP in February, 2016!!!  I did a LOT of research and weighing pros and cons of GPU versus ASIC.  ASIC would be fine "IF" {and it's a big if} the manufacturing of ASIC's were not CENTRALIZED, if governments did not pose a risk of banning ASIC's when they are shipped into their country, [GPU's are not so easily banned; as they have multiple purposes], and manufacturers pulling shenanigans in regards to better hardware while selling the scraps to unwary greedy driven miners trying to make a buck while being oblivious to the true "end" of what Bitmain works towards.  Which is lining their own pockets at the expense of unwary individuals who are being seriously taken advantage of.

The key word being "potential."  Plus just changing Equihash parameters may not disable the Z9.

For someone who supposedly uses English so well and has so much experience in mining, you sure are an ignorant, racist DA.

No surprise you were banned on the ZEC forum.

What a joke!  No wonder you call yourself Clown.

Be "prowd" to be the first on my ignore list.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Another "NEW" account shilling.  Having fun, BITMAIN?  I suspect not....

Can anyone pls comment on official ZEN statement on ASICs and changing algo to ASICs resistant, but in a short quick way.
whats the TLDR version?

Thanks.
Potential Equihash Algorithm Change Preparation

Modifying ZenCash to use Equihash-144-5 is doable, and the software development team has started identifying the specific work that would need to be done in order to create and test this change. It would be a Hard Fork change, and for optimal success of the Hard Fork, it would be best to implement such a proposed change as quickly as reasonably possible before too many ASIC miners take over the hashrate of ZenCash.

https://blog.zencash.com/zencash-statement-on-potential-equihash-algorithm-change/?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=social&utm_content=mining&utm_campaign=re+bitmain

GPUs are WAY more available to get then ASICs. To say GPUs are currently hard to get is incorrect. Sure there was a month or 2 when they were overpriced, that was due to the high demand when they had a ROI of 90 days.

Even then you could still buy a smaller graphics card, they were not ALL sold out. The 1070/1080 TIs were the hard ones to get, other models were more available.

What advantage would we have if everyone moved to ASICs? It would just raise the current bar for everyone, reduce us to one supplier of hardware, and starts a arms race. Atleast with GPUs we are all on a level playing field without having to worry someone will have a GPU that does x100 the hashrate for 1/10th the power. All the hardware is relatively close to each other in terms of performance, keeping the difficulty from ramping up x10-x100.

ASICs dont save power, they dont make the network more secure, they are limited in availability, only have 3 to 6 month warrantys, run loud and hot, manufacturers keep a large number of the them for themselves and keep secret other rigs that are far better then sell them as new later while replacing them with new hardware, etc...

This is suppose to be a ASIC resistant coin, why dont you ASIC people go mine other ASIC coins available. Ohhhh ya thats right, you cant make your money back off them ASIC coins anymore because of the difficulty have ramped up so much. So you want to come and ruin Zcash’s difficulty with ASICs to make a quick buck and act like its the future of mining.  I'm HERE to tell you, that QUICK buck is an ILLUSION.

Most who KNOW me, know I've been in the space for a while and have had a LOT of experience with BITMAIN.  My LAST round of ASIC's I bought from them was 42 x Bitmain S7's in late 2015.  All of which I sold in February 2016 and never looked back.  I USED to be the one to DEFEND them when they were attacked by others and I believe many KNOW this.  THEN I TOOK THE RED PILL AND WOKE UP in February, 2016!!!  I did a LOT of research and weighing pros and cons of GPU versus ASIC.  ASIC would be fine "IF" {and it's a big if} the manufacturing of ASIC's were not CENTRALIZED, if governments did not pose a risk of banning ASIC's when they are shipped into their country, [GPU's are not so easily banned; as they have multiple purposes], and manufacturers pulling shenanigans in regards to better hardware while selling the scraps to unwary greedy driven miners trying to make a buck while being oblivious to the true "end" of what Bitmain works towards.  Which is lining their own pockets at the expense of unwary individuals who are being seriously taken advantage of.

hopefully zen doesnt get hurt by the asics through 51% attacks... a lot of good coins like zen and komodo are at risk now... these are great projects that don't deserve to get screwed over because of bitmains greed.

fact about root - he was only in it for the money - said so himself... sad they promote someone like that to moderator... heh.. i guess its a business so zec co and him have more in common with each other...

I was thinking the same thing, in regards to the 51% attacks.  Especially after that episode with BTG.

Yes sir, very sad indeed they promote someone like that to Moderator.

Anyway, I'm jumping on the ZEN wagon and going to do some serious marketing for ZEN soon because [Like you've said] Zcash does not have our best interest at heart.

Have a good day/evening, CryptoMined, and keep up the great work, Sir.

Has ZEN decided to fork?  Afaik they are debating on it.
https://github.com/ZencashOfficial/zen/issues/142#issuecomment-386822193

Activity: 269
Merit: 101
lol this hillbilly said he used to obtain bitcoin by ANY MEANS necessary.

Now all of the sudden, flippity floppaty floop.   Roll Eyes

Activity: 756
Merit: 560
Notice how these new user accounts come on to shill for BITMAIN with their worthless two cents?  What was said there is so laughable, I'm not even going to try to give a proper response. It would be a waste of my valuable time.

These newbies not only act as though they are mining experts but also act as if they are economic and financial experts.  lol

The spelling and all is terrible.  Are you Chinese?  Do you work for Bitmain?

So lets see....when presented with reasoned arguments or requests for proof to backup your claims all you can do is call them a bitmain shill because you have no legit answers when called out.

You call people out as newbies like a post count is all that matters. Yet another deflection tactic because you dont have any facts to back up your tin foil hat theories.

Now you are going to try and call people out because their English isn't impeccable? News flash, this is a site used by people around the word, they dont all speak English as a first language, yet have learned enough to communicate on here. All you can do is act like a bigot and make baseless accusations, kind of pitiful really.

I feel sorry for ZEN, having someone like you advertising for them will do more harm then good.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
It is always sad to see a company sign their own death sentence, but i can see why they are doing it. They dont want to waste all that time they spent on updates that they would have to throw down the toilet if they decided to fork.
RIP ZEC.
Activity: 40
Merit: 1
Fuck off ZEC, sell your coins, and move power to another coin, let it die "In love" with ASICs, like another coins.
Activity: 729
Merit: 114

hopefully zen doesnt get hurt by the asics through 51% attacks... a lot of good coins like zen and komodo are at risk now... these are great projects that don't deserve to get screwed over because of bitmains greed.

fact about root - he was only in it for the money - said so himself... sad they promote someone like that to moderator... heh.. i guess its a business so zec co and him have more in common with each other...

I was thinking the same thing, in regards to the 51% attacks.  Especially after that episode with BTG.

Anyway, I'm jumping on the ZEN wagon and going to do some serious marketing for ZEN soon because [Like you've said] Zcash does not have our best interest at heart.

Has ZEN decided to fork?  Afaik they are debating on it.
https://github.com/ZencashOfficial/zen/issues/142#issuecomment-386822193
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
The network hash rate for Zcash is beginning to go up quite a bit.  This is only the beginning.  It's going to get worse.  You can bet BITMAIN is distributing their Z9 hash across all Equihash coins at the top of http://whattomine.com/coins.  However, I believe they are increasing their hash with NOT the Z9 "mini" but with Z9 "Beast."  {Made up the name "Beast"} They are selling the "mini" to gullible peons who have no idea what's in store for them.

Zcash network hash currently at 656 MH/s at this writing.  By the time Equihash coins get around to a fork of some kind, it may be too late.  Equihash ASIC's will have pushed GPU miners away from Equihash Algorithm coins to other coins; which will drive up their difficulty.  This is about to get messy for GPU miners.

Whenever ZEN, BTG and other small Equihash coins do get around to making an announcement with a DATE OF A FORK, don't be surprised if we see 51% attacks just before those dates.  The networks are about to get extremely vulnerable to BITMAIN.

EDIT:  Zcash Forum banned me till May 21, 3018.  NOT 2018.   THREE thousand eighteen.  ROFL....
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Activity: 168
Merit: 104

Yes sir.  Agreed.

As soon as my mining room remodel is completed within the next 7 to 8 days, I'm going to PROVE to Zcash that ONE person can't actually make a difference in the scheme of things.

I'm about to go on a major campaign to promote ZEN and demote ZEC.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

I'm banned now on ZCash Forum...   ROFL...

I'm banned for posting what a Moderator said.  Instead of him coming back with a comment to try to CLARIFY his statement, he bans me.  ROFL...

LOL

yeah root, he was a good guy, used to chat with him a lot, but he is very pro asic... and now he is a zcash mod... heh.. yeah he is a sellout himself... he loves bitmain...

anyways they can all go F themselves

Yes sir.  Agreed.

As soon as my mining room remodel is completed within the next 7 to 8 days, I'm going to PROVE to Zcash that ONE person can't actually make a difference in the scheme of things.

I'm about to go on a major campaign to promote ZEN and demote ZEC.
Activity: 168
Merit: 104

I'm banned for posting what a Moderator said.  Instead of him coming back with a comment to try to CLARIFY his statement, he bans me.  ROFL...

LOL

yeah root, he was a good guy, used to chat with him a lot, but he is very pro asic... and now he is a zcash mod... heh.. a sellout... he loves bitmain... and loves bcash... and loves roger ver pump and dump scammer... him and zooko have a lot in common...

anyways they can all go F themselves.. that forum died well over a year ago... its been worthless since the end of 2016... 
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
So they think following ETH's example is the best way forward.

Move on...

Move on to ZEN.
So they think following ETH's example is the best way forward.

Move on...
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
you see a future that is centralized... controlled, pegged...

bitmain backed circle usd coin as a bribe so they could bulid mining farms in the states.  this was done for their best interests, not ours... they never have our best interests at heart.

the whole idea of crypto was supposed to get us away from centralization... away from politicians and governments that can be bribed... away from corruption...

when corrupt companies can do things the rest of the public can not - that is not an open market

if crypto is too volatile for you, stick to the USD.  crypto doesn't need you.  if you prefer centralized corrupt currencies... you already have them and you can want more... but don't tell us what we want... we know what we want.

as for natural selection... medicine is also a part of natural selection and ProgPOW is the medicine that POW crypto's need

Well spoken, Cryptomined.

I'm about to ACTIVELY PROMOTE ZEN.

I'm going to PROVE to ZCash Company and ZCash Foundation that ONE PERSON CAN ACTUALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Keep up the great work, Cryptomined.

Pages:
Jump to: