Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 16. (Read 27647 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
September 17, 2014, 10:03:19 PM
how big of a clusterfuck this subforum would be

It's somehow not Huh
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 17, 2014, 09:48:49 PM
So the whole point of the fud post is to get back at people making hype posts?

What a fucking waste of time.
Activity: 605
September 17, 2014, 09:46:27 PM
Man get over yourself.. If you don't like a topic no one is forcing you to click and participate
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
September 17, 2014, 09:39:46 PM
LOL please CH bless us more with your wants and needs of what this forum should look like.  Roll Eyes

Do you not understand how big of a clusterfuck this subforum would be if every ALT coin used this subforum as their main forums?  Roll Eyes

If Monero solved all current problems with cryptocoins, was the most innovative alt coin, made everyone millionaires, achieved world peace, and could shoot gold bullion out of its ass, I would still feel the same way.
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
September 17, 2014, 09:31:51 PM
Yea yea, very funny babyface.jpg  Roll Eyes

I am just someone that believes in decentralized cryptocurrencies and wants to see them improved upon for the greater good of mankind. I am not here to get rich. All this propaganda and trolling is affecting the amount of decent conversations going on in this subforum. Anonymity is not the only flaw main stream cryptocurrencies have.

This really pisses me off as it affects all cryptocoin discussion, not just Monero, CN coins, or anon coins.

Yeah.. you want to see innovation.. just not here. I mean, why should you be personally inconvenienced and forced into looking at thread titles with the word monero in them? Unthinkable! In the meantime, you will hope for its demise until all monero related activity is performed a safe distance away from you.

I would love it if Monero wanted to innovate in other areas other than anonymity, but I don't see it happening. Most of the Monero supporters (which are mainly long time Bitcoin/Litecoin supporters whom mostly feel the same way) seem to think all innovation that doesn't include improving anonymity is a gimmick. Most of them don't realize PoW mining is hugely flawed and a better alternative needs to be conceived. There are many other issues with cryptocurrencies that the Monero community doesn't seem that bothered by as well that I think are problems affecting mass adoption, sustainability, and utility.

Although Monero is innovating (well... Copying) in terms of anonymity, I am not really interested in it as they aren't interested in fixing other problems with crypto coins. Later down the road if ring signatures ends up being the best solution to anonymity [I speculate it won't be and a better solution(s) will pop up], then there is nothing stopping other coins that are innovating in other areas from implementing ring signatures. I would be infinitely more interested and supportive of those cryptocoins over Monero.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 17, 2014, 09:21:17 PM
I have always been skeptical when he makes such claims, especially seeing as though nothing ever comes of them.
Does no one remember AUR? That shit was fireworks. Don't poke the dragon!

CoinHoarder would love to see him take down Monero ... the ones poking the dragon have a reason  Roll Eyes

From what I can tell the cryptonote devs are treating him with more respect than the AUR devs did ... so who knows.  

That is true, I would love to see the demise of Monero. You guys need to get your own forums and stop spamming this subforum, then I will play nice with you. I know someone's going to say.. But.. But.. That's not us, it's some meta reverse trolling, but IMO you guys started it by flooding the subforum with pro-Monero threads and the trolls decided they needed to counter them.

The only way I see it ending is if you guys move most Monero discussion to your own forums. Stop bringing up the only solution to be creating a Monero subforum here, because you and I both know that is never going to happen.

Until you do this I will be rooting for your demise because I am tired of the clusterfuck of Monero propaganda and trolling that has come of it. It is sad you guys make me feel this way, because I actually like Monero and its anon tech.. I just prefer this to subforum to be general discussion about all Alt coins not just Monero, as I am interested in improving crypto coins beyond simply making them more anonymous.

That being said, my post above was not meaning to "poke the dragon". It was my honest assessment of the situation.

LOL please CH bless us more with your wants and needs of what this forum should look like.  Roll Eyes
September 17, 2014, 09:16:08 PM

I am just someone that believes in decentralized cryptocurrencies and wants to see them improved upon for the greater good of mankind. I am not here to get rich. All this propaganda and trolling is affecting the amount of decent conversations going on in this subforum. Anonymity is not the only flaw main stream cryptocurrencies have.

This really pisses me off as it affects all cryptocoin discussion, not just Monero, CN coins, or anon coins.

Yeah.. you want to see innovation.. just not here. I mean, why should you be personally inconvenienced and forced into looking at thread titles with the word monero in them? Unthinkable! In the meantime, you will hope for its demise until all monero related activity is performed a safe distance away from you.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
September 17, 2014, 09:02:29 PM
*snip*
I'm sorry if you do not like the facts but seriously I do not have any interest in saving, improving, investing or attacking XMR.

If sure if something existed you could easily raise a decent sum for the vulnerability via donations.  Not supporting XMR directly but all the CN coins.  

Seems a waste of all that research to just burn it.
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
September 17, 2014, 09:01:48 PM

September 17, 2014, 08:55:17 PM
I have always been skeptical when he makes such claims, especially seeing as though nothing ever comes of them.

CoinHoarder would love to see him take down Monero ... the ones poking the dragon have a reason  Roll Eyes

From what I can tell the cryptonote devs are treating him with more respect than the AUR devs did ... so who knows.  

That is true, I would love to see the demise of Monero. You guys need to get your own forums and stop spamming this subforum, then I will play nice with you. I know someone's going to say.. But.. But.. That's not us, it's some meta reverse trolling, but IMO you guys started it by flooding the subforum with pro-Monero threads and the trolls decided they needed to counter them.

The only way I see it ending is if you guys move most Monero discussion to your own forums. Stop bringing up the only solution to be creating a Monero subforum here, because you and I both know that is never going to happen.

Until you do this I will be rooting for your demise because I am tired of the clusterfuck of Monero propaganda and trolling that has come of it. It is sad you guys make me feel this way, because I actually like Monero and its anon tech.. I just prefer this to subforum to be general discussion about all Alt coins not just Monero, as I am interested in improving crypto coins beyond simply making them more anonymous.

That being said, my post above was not meaning to "poke the dragon". It was my honest assessment of the situation.

legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
September 17, 2014, 08:45:36 PM

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
September 17, 2014, 08:33:43 PM

CoinHoarder would love to see him take down Monero ... the ones poking the dragon have a reason  Roll Eyes

Activity: 478
Merit: 250
September 17, 2014, 08:29:38 PM
legendary
September 17, 2014, 07:43:38 PM
if there are exploits on CN coins, this should be addressed by the devs with or without the help of bcx or any exploiters..if a coin would have a future it should be tried and tested before more money is put into it.

We are obviously working on finding and fixing problems with the code with or without any outside help. We certainly welcome help from anyone who knows of specific problems, but we can't force that to happen.

So how does this get resolved ??
Is BitCoinEXpress willing to prove his point or help Monero devs with a
solution/work around ??

If he reports something (or anyone does), we will analyze it and make any necessary fixes.

If someone exploits something, we will analyze it and make any necessary fixes.

If neither happens we will continue our normal development process.

Activity: 644
September 17, 2014, 07:20:20 PM
Fuck em up BCX!
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
September 17, 2014, 07:08:50 PM
if there are exploits on CN coins, this should be addressed by the devs with or without the help of bcx or any exploiters..if a coin would have a future it should be tried and tested before more money is put into it.

We are obviously working on finding and fixing problems with the code with or without any outside help. We certainly welcome help from anyone who knows of specific problems, but we can't force that to happen.

So how does this get resolved ??
Is BitCoinEXpress willing to prove his point or help Monero devs with a
solution/work around ??

Triff ..
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
September 17, 2014, 07:08:25 PM
Yeah. So fix the implementation (if broken) and you get anonymity. (Note: RSA is not the same as ring signatures.)

Understood.

For the record, I have seen BCX make such claims about other cryptos before and never come forward with any information or attack the crypto. I wouldn't put much credence in his claim unless he provides proof. I have always been skeptical when he makes such claims, especially seeing as though nothing ever comes of them.
legendary
September 17, 2014, 07:01:08 PM

Activity: 742
September 17, 2014, 07:00:21 PM
In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed.

The bullshit part is in bold (well it's all bullshit). There may be an exploit in XMR that may work under some theoretical circumstances, but unless Ronald Rivest and Adi Shamir (the R & S from RSA cryptography) screwed up in a way that has not been detected by everyone in the field of cryptography, there is no need to sacrifice anonymity for "keyrings" (i.e. the ring signature system).

And the part about hijacking addresses is laughable too. Signatures and derivative keys in these systems come from cryptographic one way functions. The implementation of these functions are easy to test using known inputs and reference implementations. So, to reverse engineer a signature or derivative key is impossible with current technology except in cases of weak keys.

BCX probably killed coins, but judging from his assertions, any success is more likely related to the mining power at his disposal than with any specific insight into cryptography.

It is possible it is not a problem with RSA itself but in the way it was implemented in CN coins, no?

Yeah. So fix the implementation (if broken) and you get anonymity. (Note: RSA is not the same as ring signatures.)

legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
September 17, 2014, 06:58:29 PM
In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed.

The bullshit part is in bold (well it's all bullshit). There may be an exploit in XMR that may work under some theoretical circumstances, but unless Ronald Rivest and Adi Shamir (the R & S from RSA cryptography) screwed up in a way that has not been detected by everyone in the field of cryptography, there is no need to sacrifice anonymity for "keyrings" (i.e. the ring signature system).

And the part about hijacking addresses is laughable too. Signatures and derivative keys in these systems come from cryptographic one way functions. The implementation of these functions are easy to test using known inputs and reference implementations. So, to reverse engineer a signature or derivative key is impossible with current technology except in cases of weak keys.

BCX probably killed coins, but judging from his assertions, any success is more likely related to the mining power at his disposal than with any specific insight into cryptography.

It is possible it is not a problem with RSA itself but in the way it was implemented in CN coins, no?
Pages:
Jump to: